Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When it raines, it pours.
Qly4ZC7.png
Samara was not exactly sure what she'd just gotten herself into, but the Jedi padawan was excited to have met [member="Tyrell Caphey"] at the gathering to welcome newcomers to Silver Rest. The two had hit it off, or at least it seemed to be the case as they chatted easily over food and drink; the normally shy Vorzydian doing so almost without self-conscious thought, which was a total surprise to her pleasant though.

And now the apprentice healer was going to give the medic with the Antarian Rangers, the military arm of the Silver Jedi Order, a tour of the temple... more specifically the medical wing where she spent most of her time, and felt most comfortable. With a slice of peach pie from the buffet table in hand for a fellow healer who had drawn the short stick to remain on duty in the infirmary, the honey blonde led the way into the large building from the garden patio.

"This is called the Great Hall," Sam announced as the young woman gazed over to the light brown-haired soldier walking beside her, then the padawan's blue-green orbs flicked back to the wide open space and airy cathedral ceiling decorated with banners of the Silver Jedi throughout.

"It is the central hub and social area for the most part. One level below here you'll find the Jedi library and archives, which we were fortunate to be able to bring from Voss intact." Being a bookworm or study nerd, this fact was important to her.

"There is a whole section dedicated to medicine," she smiled softly. "Should you ever want or need information in that discipline, I would glad to show you where to find it, or any other for that matter."

If Samara had not been accepted into the Medical Corps, then her second choice was to pursue becoming a Lore Keeper in the vane of a Jedi Librarian.

It was a very pleasant gathering they had participated in the gardens of the Silver Rest. Thanks to grandmaster Kitra, who hosted the party, the newly recruited corporal and medic in the Antarian Rangers had seen alot of new faces and met new people within the Silver Jedi Order. Rather soon his green eyes had noticed the honey blonde in the crowd. Some how she must have felt his gaze and wandered over to join him and the mandalorian warrior in their conversation, which had turned out to that good degree that he was now walking beside her getting a tour of the magnificent temple. Her slight nervousness from before had not slipped by him and he had made sure she was alright with the suggestion to take a friendly stroll through the areas where he had not been before, his usually calm and stable mood might have helped her to feel comfortable.

''It's beautiful...'' he said while they walked through what was called the Great Hall, glancing around at the banners and the high ceiling. ''Alright... What happened there? On Voss?'' he continued and turned his gaze to Samara. The history of the Silver Jedi Order having been left out in basic ranger training.

''Sure! Sounds like you've been reading a book or two from there about the subject?'' he exclaimed and offered her a friendly smile when they were almost through the Great Hall.

That smile of his was disarming... For some reason Samara felt comfortable enough to allow herself to relax and be a bit more carefree with [member="Tyrell Caphey"] than her normal reserved self. She hadn't decided yet if this was a good thing or bad...

"Maybe one or three," Sam answered flashing a soft grin the soldier's way. "It keeps me occupied and out of trouble for the most part... not that I go out of my way looking for such things in the first place just Jedi are supposed to train and study a lot," she added hoping the young man didn't take that all in the wrong way. The padawan wasn't exactly sure what she really meant by her words either.

Okay, bad, kinda... Nerves were getting the best of her. Best stay on topic.

"Yes, the Great Hall is indeed pleasing to the eye," the honey blonde nodded in agreement as the two continued walking through the grand entry to the Silver's temple as a whole.

"As for the reasons the Silver Jedi Order left Voss and the Outer Rim, all I know is that it was complicated at best. My understanding though is our major defeat by the Sith Empire at Mirial was the turning point of that decision. I believe too some of the planets within our territory served including Voss wanted their full independence and so it was given. Thus, those situations facilitated our coreward move to help others that needed or were requesting protection and/or aid. Kashyyyk is the perfect example as in the recent past it had been ravaged by the crusading Mandalorians under Mand'alor the Undying. The Wookiees have been nothing but welcoming so far since our arrival. We are helping each other to heal and move on from missteps and tragedy. With unity, comes strength."

Samara felt guilty she had not been around when the end of the Order's time on Voss was near. The apprentice healer had been studying aboard widening her training in the medical arts. She wished to someday go back, if only to give proper remembrance to those lost.

Slowing for a moment, Samara pointed to the grand staircase that went upward.

"On the levels above there are various conference rooms, offices, and temple chambers. To the right of the staircase are the meditation rooms, and to the left are indoor training salons. Behind the grand staircase is the corridor that will take us to the medical quarters. From the outside, you'll find a dedicated landing pad for receiving medevacs. It gives direct access to the medial wing for the likes of you being a medic with the Antarian Rangers," Sam smiled, then led them around the side of the staircase to make their way to the aforementioned back hallway.

"You mentioned Taris previously... Is that where you hail from, Ty?" she inquired with genuine curiosity.

He returned the grin as they continued theirs walk through the Great Hall. What she said made some sense to him, from what he had learned about the Jedi was that they were primary peace keepers possessing a great deal of knowledge about a wide variety of subjects. He nodded quietly in understanding, feeling it was not time for a comment such the one he thought of. Quite pleased that she stayed out of harms way. Not by any means doubting her skills in defending herself, though! After all, she was a Jedi and the few lightsabers that he had seen in his life had impressed him as well as the swordsmanship of the wielder.

''Alright... Well, you've seem to have gotten a great restart here!'' he said and smiled lightly trying to take the conversation in a lighter direction than the what seemed to be complicated past on Voss. ''Yeah. Coming to think of it, I had some troubles communicating with one in a vendor before, where I bought the fish salad I had to the party... I guess we both were equally frustrated about the communication difficulties.'' he continued and flashed a bright smile when he thought of it.

As they walked past and behind the staircase he looked at the different enterances to the places she described to him before she mentioned his homeworld.

''That's right, it's my homeworld. Grew up on the ball and pretty early joined a private military force. I guess I did keep myself into trouble...'' he said with a slight smirk to the reference to what she just have said about keeping herself out of trouble.

''Acquireing medical training along the way, thinking I wanted to do more for my unit... Met colonel Calderon by coincidense when on a journey, feeling I'd done my part on Taris and well... Now I'm here, getting a grand tour of a place I could have never dreamed about.'' Another bright smile was offered to [member="Samara Raine"] as they went down the hallway. Life certainly moved in curious ways and he felt that he had a better place within the Antarian Rangers, for a better cause than the contracted job back on Taris along with some mercenary jobs between the two.

"I have never been to Taris. What is it like? Do you have family there?" Sam asked curiously of her new friend, then added as they continued down the long corridor.

"I admire you wanting to get additional training to help your fellow soldiers, Ty. The more one can do for the wounded in the field, the better chance of a good outcome. The 'Golden Hour' is so important in trauma cases. Combat medics are a very intricate part of the medical team because you are the first to care for the patients, making a real difference in the initial minutes between life or death," she smiled appreciatively at [member="Tyrell Caphey"].

The Ranger and Jedi finally came to the entrance that led into the medial wing. The door automatically opened to reveal a modest lobby area. Samara motioned for him to follow her past the front desk to a set of double doors that had a key pad on the wall panel. She entered the security code, then the lock clicked and the doors slid back.

"This is our general med ward. Off to the right you'll find the surgical suites and bacta tanks, and to the left is the healing hall. One level above, there are private recovery rooms and other services offered like counseling and rehab. That door there at the back of the ward is the entrance from the medevac landing pad," the apprentice healer explained, then began pulling up on a silver-chained necklace that was hanging around her neck tucked under her tunic.

"Have you ever seen a healing amulet?" the honey blonde inquired, then Samara displayed her Silver Sigil for the handsome medic.

"Healers use these crystals to help focus the healing energy of the Force and amplify their healing ability. As a Jedi becomes more experienced, the more complex healing they can do. I am training both in the Jedi healing arts and traditional medicine as one day I want to be a fully accredited Jedi doctor."

''It's a metropolis world, much like Denon and Coruscant but with an ocean, however much polluted... And portions of the landmasses are overgrown swamps and lush vegetations making it different from say Coruscant... Close to that is the poor shantytown districts which borders to the more wealthy districts, skyscrappers reaching for the skies. I grew up somewhere in between the two, along with my two brothers, one's older and the other one's younger, and a younger sister. Our parents passed some years ago.'' Being a while since he left, he tried to describe his homeworld as best as he could remember it while the two of them strolled down the hallway.

He smiled at her appreciatively comment as they entered the lobby of the general med ward. ''Yeah, well... After we've done our part, I guess you're the life saving angel whos pretty face they wake up to. Giving them hope and means for a quick recovery. That's admireable as well!''

His green eyes gazed around the med ward and its features. Advanced technology, some of what he had never came in contact with before.

''So this is where you work your magic, then? How many are you working here?'' he exclaimed and glanced through a window into a surgical suite then back to Samara as she brought up her medical amulet.

''That's fascinating.'' he said, his eyes flicked from the amulet to Samara's ocean green eyes, equally as fascinating, indeed. ''But you guys rely on both ways of medical treatment? Does Force treatment step in when conventional treatments isin't enough or the other way around?'' he continued, intrigued with her description of Force healing.

[member="Samara Raine"]

"Your homeworld sounds like mine... Liaana is an ecumenopolis world too though we did have some plains, at least I think. I don't remember much about it as I was taken to train with the Jedi at the Voss Temple when I was five, and I haven't been back since. Perhaps someday I will get a chance to see it again," Sam replied, trying to keep any emotion one way or another free from her response.

From time to time she wondered about her biological family, if they ever thought of her. Samara understood why her parents had given the eldest Raine child up, but it didn't take the pain away that they had so easily. The Jedi Order had been good to her, but it was challenging especially when one was initially thought as not good enough due to an arbitrary number to become a full Jedi Knight. The determined padawan had shown the Master Jedi it wasn't the overall midichlorian count so much as the strength of one's will to succeed. 'Mind over matter' Master Taunte always drilled into her padawan learner when self-doubt threatened to overwhelm the young Liann.

[member="Tyrell Caphey"] seemed genuinely interested in what she did. He called her a life saving angel... It made Samara smile on the inside.

"Yes, I spend most of my time in the med ward. To be honest... I'm not sure exactly how many health care providers work here. We have a healthy mix of Jedi and civilian medical personnel that care for all the patients treated. As for Jedi healers, there are the truly devoted ones that primarily use only the Force. They are of the master level as it takes a great amount of Force energy to do. Then there are those that use an equal amount of Force and conventional means, like me. Even though I have the ability to use the Force to heal and cure, it is only another tool in the medkit so to speak... Well in my eyes at least. There are some situations where Jedi can't use the Force when it is being blocked so I intend to become accomplished in both methods," the blonde nodded, then asked as they continued to move through the medical wing.

"So tell me about the Antarian Rangers? What's it like being a combat medic?"

He listened carefully to her story and nodded quietly. Five was a fragile age to be separated from the safety of ones parents, young with few memories but with enough awareness knowing what was going on.

''I'm sure you will, Samara. You should never give up on that, if you ask me.'' he exclaimed before taking a moment in their stroll to stop and lean back against an empty berth, hands on its edge.

''Well, I've just completed basic training but from what I've seen they ain't so different than my unit back on Taris... Much, much more diciplined though! The patter might be better too, thanks to a varity of both men and women.'' he said and smiled slightly before continueing. ''We encourage the soldiers to initially help themselves by returning fire and get themselves into cover, and that way avoid more casualities. You get to see some rather unpleasant stuff, patching them up the best we could before trying to get them here as quick as possible, I'm sure you know the deal.''

''I think you're absolutely right, by combining both ways of healing you have a winning concept. After all, most of the people we bring here comes out with every limb intact!'' he smiled and glanced around at the interiors and equipments of the medical ward then back on Samara. ''I'm glad you like to learn both ways, even if being on the battlefield is connected with a slightly higher risk than working in here...'' he took a moment to think of his next question. ''Come to think of that... The risk. You might got like... a respective or so that might not be okay with that?'' A highly relevant question to the matter and he did his best to be serious and keep to the serious topic, even if the question served another purpouse too.

[member="Samara Raine"]

"Congratulations on finishing your basic training," Sam smiled. "I've heard it can be quite challenging to do. I'm sure you'll be a great combat medic especially with your previous soldiering experience. I suppose then I might get to see you more often... bringing in patients for me to care for I mean."

There was a bit of a blush creep onto her face as Samara amended her last statement after the fact. It was true, she wouldn't mind seeing him more, but for her to admit it would embarrassing.

"Mhm... I do," the padawan answered with a nod, understanding what [member="Tyrell Caphey"] meant by the unpleasantness of the business they were in. "Well, I wouldn't got that far, but we do try and do our best for the patients treated here."

Caring for traumatic injuries never got any easier to deal with especially when the outcome turned out to be not what you hoped for, but one learned to push past the emotion of it to focus on the task at hand. It took its toll though. Being Force Sensitive and empathetic, Samara could feel what her patients were going through to an extent. The apprentice healer could also use the Force to help ease their pain.

"Well one has to use both common sense and critical thinking when deciding what things are worth the risk. I wouldn't just run across a battlefield for the fun of it. If my presence can make a meaningful difference, then I am willing to risk it all," she replied as they made their way back to the entrance into the medical wing.

''Thanks!'' he smiled before continueing. ''The commanders realy know how to put one to the test. I'm sure you have equal challenging tests in the Jedi Order?'' he said questioning and raised himself from the berth they had stopped by for a moment, following Samara to the enterance again.

Sam's slight blush couldn't be concealed and yet another discreet smile appeared on his face while walking beside her. Hands in his pockets and eyes casually flicking from her and onto the interior and back again. It was both funny and cute seeing her reaction which intrigued the ranger medic, though he was strict not to sound overly enthusiastic.

''Well... I hope I'll also get to see you without bringing you work, Sam.'' he smirked sincerely at her as they reached the enterance hall of the medical wing. ''What are you and the rest of the Order up to in the following days? Lots of work to do?''

[member="Samara Raine"]

"Well I haven't heard of any upcoming missions so just the usual schedule of things I guess with some free time allotted here and there in-between work, studying and training."

Samara leveled a soft smile [member="Tyrell Caphey"]'s way, then touched the panel on the wall to open the doors to the medical wing. The two exited and walked down the same long corridor as before, which would lead them back to the Great Hall and then out into the garden patio once again.

"And you?" the blonde asked curiously. "I'm sure you Rangers are kept quite busy, hmm?"

So that was the end station of his future injured comrades, the medical wing of the Silver Rest. He exited the wing along with Samara and a positive impression of the place, impressed with the high-tech equipment and sanitary interiors. The quality of the medical centers on Taris varied, depending in what kind of district it was located. From where he came from, the centers were much different than this. With the dedicated staff of both conventional medical expertise combined with the healing skills of the jedis, they surely had an edge against the enemy.

He nodded in understanding. ''We gotta squeeze in some training and exercises in between the missions...'' he said and smiled back at Sam.

''I could imagine it being a little repetitive, so I'm glad I found time to participate at the party. Getting to know interesting people from outside the ranks. Among them, a pretty awesome ''tour guide''!'' he said and gave Samara a gentle nudge with the elbow as they strolled down the corridor. He glanced over at her, feeling they had worked up an atmosphere that she wouldn't mind an easy-going, friendly yet sutbly flirty jargon.

[member="Samara Raine"]

Samara blushed at the compliment from [member="Tyrell Caphey"]. For some reason it excited her when he did more than it probably should.

"Me too... Glad that is that I attended the gathering so I'd meet such an awesome guest to give a tour to," the blonde smiled sweetly, giving the Antarian Ranger the same accolades as he had her.

As the two stepped back out onto the patio area of the gardens, the apprentice healer was surprised it was still going strong with small groups mingling here and there as well as some food left.

Oh and by the way, there is more to see if you have the time. You might find the dojo to be fun. Have you ever wanted to swing a lightsaber before?" Sam asked as they walked up to the buffet table reaching for a small spray of red grapes.

"It would have to be one of our training ones be it as I couldn't very well have you slicing off your arm or a leg," she teased lightly with a soft chuckle. "The Colonel and Grandmaster wouldn't be very happy with me... nor you."

Seeing the honey-blonde blush brought him to a heartly smile and he lowered his glance to the floor before looking up at her again.

''Well, what a guest kidnapping you from the party! Thanks, though!'' he exclaimed with a wink before they stepped out on the patio. Glancing over at the people still enjoying themselves in the garden and back at Samara. It was a nice evening breeze that met them on the patio. Their absence might have gone unnoticed, or some might have noticed it but it was hard to see they got the wrong associations, considering the sort of guest that were at the party.

''Yeah, why let this awesome tour end? And who haven't wanted to swing a lightsaber before?'' he continued and clenched his lips, raising his eyebrows to her.

''Whatever you say, ma'am! You lead the way. I wouldn't wanna ruin the reputation of the Orders aspiring jedi doctor. And I guess I need my limbs for some more time.'' he chuckled slightly.

[member="Samara Raine"]

"Oh I'm not too worried about my reputation... I trust you will be a gentleman," Sam winked demurely before popping a couple of red grapes into her mouth and chewing them discretely, not wanting to have another juice surprise like before.

"I know, right?! I have yet to fire a blaster yet so I guess we both have things we'd like to experience or at least know how to use," she offered with that little correction in meaning at the end.

Samara didn't really want to use a firearm on anyone. But nonetheless if the apprentice healer were to be on the battlefield at some point, she needed to know her way around one just in case. It might also help for her to understand the mechanism of the injury the weapon caused too. Theory was great, but practical knowledge was even better adding to what was already known.

"Well then, this way. I'll take you to the training grounds and the gymnasium," the honey blonde smiled, motioning with her hand to a duracrete path that followed along the side of the temple, then disappeared around the corner and away from the gardens.

As the two strolled down the sidewalk side by side taking in the beauty of Silver Rest and sharing the rest of the spray of grapes brought long, blue green orbs glanced over at [member="Tyrell Caphey"] a couple of times indiscriminately. The Liann was certainly enjoying her time with the Antarian Ranger, though she needed to be realistic and keep things to just a camaraderie type friendship. He after all was a solder and she a Jedi. Duty would always come first so one shouldn't even start go there for possibilities, right?

"I left my personal lightsaber in my quarters so if you want to fool around a bit we can both use training ones... I mean take in some instruction and practice rather. They use less energy and thus won't permanently damage either of us... Maybe only our pride," she added wth a soft chuckle as the two neared their destination.

"Would you prefer a blue or green blade?"

''That depends on who I'm with, so... If it's you? Maybe...'' he said in a jokingly manner and smiled back at her, grabbing a red grape for himself before tossing it into the mouth.

The warm evening weather of Kashyyyk treated them well when they walked down the path leading to the training grounds. Having small talks on their way about this and that, some quiet moments just enjoying the pleasant time they were having. From the old days as a ''grunt'' on Taris he knew word could spread fast through the ranks, some guests at the party would surely have some connections to the Rangers. If he was not to hear about it tonight he sure was to hear about it soon. It was all fun and ordinary jargon, though, so it would be of no problem. Even if there was just a friendly time they have had, Order comrades between. However, it was of no denial the day and evening had taken an unexpected turn! Exchanging looks and smiles with the honey blonde, some times with just own thoughts following felt great.

''Oh, I get to pick first? Well then, I'll go with blue. After all, green would go well with those eyes of yours, Sam.'' he said with a wink and slight chuckle before he take off and threw his jacket to the side when they entered the training grounds, revealing some faded scars on rather regular fit soldier arms.

[member="Samara Raine"]

[member="Tyrell Caphey"]'s sweet comment about the lightsaber blade's color matching her eyes made Samara really blush this time. He really affected the young Liann in a pleasantly surprising way.

"Blue it is for you then... My personal 'saber carries an amethyst crystal I got on Ilum with my first master. It's my favorite color," she smiled warmly, before adding her own compliment with a more demure look. "Though the green shade of your eyes is nice too."

Oh my the Tarisian had strong arms... and the rest of the Ranger was cut well too as his jacket came off. It was hard not to ogle a little at the handsome soldier, though now Samara needed to concentrate. It was back to the task at hand. The apprentice healer took deep breath and let it out slowly to center the Force around her. Oh much better...

"So, first things first... " Sam grinned knowingly, stepping closer to Tyrell, getting a whiff of his rather pleasant spicy male scent as she did.

The padawan held the metallic cylindrical hilt of his training lightsaber out with one hand and pointed with her other as she gave some important safely instructions.

"This end is where the blade will ignite from when you press this button. Please keep that in mind as I don't want you to hurt yourself, Ty. You can hold the grip with one hand or two, which ever works best for you. The energy level is already set on low so if you get touched with the hot blade it will only sting, but won't burn or maim you... or me."

Samara handed the unlit lightsaber over, their fingers brushing ever so in the exchange, then the blonde took a few steps back to give her apprentice some room.

"Okay, go ahead and press the ignition button. There will be a snap-hiss sound when the blade is activated and it illuminates a bluish energy stream outward about 20 centimeters in length, then there will be a hum as long as the blade is on. Take a few practices swings to get the feel of it in your hands and the power it wields, then I'll teach you the basics of Lightsaber Combat Form One or otherwise know as Shii-Cho, the Way of the Sarlacc," she said with a bright smile.

Oh this was going to be fun!

''Illum of all places? You don't look like a girl who likes to freeze, Sam? Amethyst is a nice color, though!'' he said with a smile, thinking of if her blushing cheeks became equally rose red in the cold environment.

He listened carefully on his masters instructions on how to use the legandary weapon and symbol of the peace keeping Jedi. Seemed easy enough to begin with, he thought. Much similar to the use of blasters though, it would demand a great amount of practise to become good at it. Even though Sam made for a distracting yet very pleasant element in the lesson, he kept good discipline and focused on the task at hand.

Pssshhew! The blue lightsaber turned on with the characteristic sound and continued its low humming. He studied the glowing blade for a moment, turning the handle slightly.

''So this is what you guys use to slice up your enemies with?'' he said before taking some rough practise swings which must have looked quite funny to the well trained jedi. Not as agile and smooth movements as hers would be. After all, you didn't need it as a soldier where the blasters did the same work.

"Thanks!" Sam smiled brightly at the soldier. The young woman was glad [member="Tyrell Caphey"] liked her signature color; not really knowing why it mattered so much other than it made her feel happy inside he did.

"Well no, freezing is not fun exactly as I am sure you can attest to... So having my toes in the sand somewhere tropical with a sea breeze on my face would be much more preferred if I had the option," the blonde grinned softly, then added for clarification.

"...But, the Crystal Caves on Ilum are where we Jedi go to obtain a special gem for when we build our personal lightsaber. It is a rite of passage for Initiates in the Order," the padawan nodded, then watched Ty with measured excitement as he ignited his training saber and took a few experimental swings.

Samara chuckled to herself. It was true a lightsaber could just do that - slice and dice, but still it was funny to think of the Jedi artistry that way.

"Yes it is... " Sam answered, igniting her own training saber. The apprentice healer took a couple of warmup 'slices' in front of her, then finished up with a small flourish at her sides, loosening up her wrists.

"A Jedi Knight's weapon isn't as clumsy or as random as a blaster rather it is an elegant weapon for a more civilized age... or so the mantra goes," the blonde smiled with mirth-filled sea green orbs, then she brought the green blade into a middle guard position with a two-handed grip around the hilt standing with booted feet a shoulder's width apart next to him in a relaxed manner.

"So Ranger Caphey, there are six zones to keep in mind when using the Determination Form of lightsaber combat. They are the head... the right arm-upper side... the left arm-upper side... the torso-chest-back... the right leg-lower side... and finally the left leg-lower side." With each zone mentioned, the blonde Jedi moved her blade in the right angles of Shii-Cho's Ideal Form through the air to show what she meant well enough away from her charge, but close enough so he could get the gist.

"Once you get the hang of it, we could do a practice drill at a low velocity of course... that is only if you want to. I don't want to overwhelm you with my Jedi fluff and/or take up all your downtime today, Ty. I know how precious it can be when one lives the service life we do."

Hmm, Sam's description of what sounded like a vacation on some distant tropical planet was very appealing. It was impossible not to imagine the honey-blonde in a place like that and the thought of it got him to return her smile with one of his owns.

''That sounds a lot more pleasant than our rite of passages being the basic training. But I might be wrong, so don't go full rampage with that thing if I am! Is it difficult to obtain those crystals?'' the ranger replied with a light tone.

He listened closely to the lesson he was given by her, tried to remember and then mimic her shown moves to the six zones that seemed to be fundamental to the lightsaber form. Taking it one step at a time it didn't look fully as crude and wooden as his first tries. A second time, and a third time he mimiced his masters moves.

''I realy can't imagine how to better spend todays downtime, Sam! Thanks for thinking about a busy ranger, though. If you got the time and I don't keep you away from your books and duties?'' he said with a playful smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom