Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Total War: Warhammer 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A&t=0s​

Some fans of the Total War franchise may be disappointed to learn that the next release from Creative Assembly isn't going to be another historical title, but rather the sequel (expansion, more like) to Total War: Warhammer. I sure as heck am excited for it - Warhammer is by far my favourite Total War game to date! My steam account certainly seems to agree, with 1,400+ hours spent playing it.

It will take place predominantly in the New World of the Warhammer Fantasy setting with continents such as Lustria, Naggaroth, Ulthuan, Southlands all having been confirmed, whereas the first game took place in the Old World. High Elves, Dark Elves and Lizardmen have also been confirmed, with the fourth starting race yet to be unveiled. Literally everyone's money is on the fourth race being the Skaven, myself included.

What I'm probably the most excited over is how this expansion will fit alongside the first game: There will not only be a separate campaign set in the New World with its own victory conditions and narrative, but also a colossal combined map where both the Old and New World continents are included, combining all the races we've seen so far along with any DLC you may or may not already own.

The game is due sometime in 2017, so we don't even have to that long!

Are you as excited as I am? Which of the races are you looking forward to playing the most? Mine is a toss-up between the High Elves and the Lizardmen!

It has Lizardmen. It is all I ever asked for, a Warhammer game with Lizardmen. Let the races of Elves, Dawi and Men burn to ash, for when the Ruinous Powers come to Lustria, the Children of the Gods shall stand affirmed, ready to smite them with the Heavenly magic and when they fall to their golden Axes, we shall build a Great Totem of Gold in their place to make all remember. The Lizardmen are the best.

The next one is a historical title, they have announced that. They have different teams working on these different games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9vp1ATJMlc

But personally I am disappointed because they brought in those races in game (lizardmen) which sort of do take the 'Medieval fantasy' away from Warhammer, and these were always the races I despised, but I hope they will make is as enjoyable as warhammer.

Zakir Thaun said:
But personally I am disappointed because they brought in those races in game (lizardmen) which sort of do take the 'Medieval fantasy' away from Warhammer.
I don't think you understand the term medieval fantasy

Most medieval fantasy worlds include races of all description and humanoid lizards are quite common such as the Parthavian Serpent Priests of Feists novels or the Argonians of the Elder Scrolls series. Lizardmen or more accurately the Slann have been a staple of Warhammer since 1st edition in the 80s

Personally I welcome our new lizard overlords.

Kiran Arlos

K
I've just recently got into TW Warhammer and I'm pretty excited for the second one. I'm having a blast playing the first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom