Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Tomb Raider' Reboot

Following in the footsteps of a young Harrison Ford after starting his trilogy of 'Star Wars' films as Han Solo and taking on another franchise as 'Indiana Jones, Daisy Ridley confirms she is "in talks" to front a rebooted 'Tomb Raider' film, as well as continuing her work on this new 'Star Wars' trilogy.

Thoughts?

I for one would LOVE more Daisy in the mainstream films. She's, in my eyes, a perfect newcomer to make Lara Croft her own and doesn't need the sex appeal oozed by Jolie from the original films to make this eye-catching at all. Daisy has the look, has a wealth of critical and fan support and is the right age to really make something of this role and I hope she gets it.

And taking on another franchise is an invalid argument. Harrison Ford proved that theory wrong.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/tomb-raider-reboot-daisy-ridley-has-confirmed-talks-over-lara-croft-role-a6945586.html

daisy-ridley-lara-croft.jpg

No. I want the actress that actually did the acting for the game. As much as I love Daisy - I want to see Camilla Luddington take the role that she had in the video games and put it on screen. She's supported the projects through and through and following her on twitter she spams the poodoo out of the game. I love it when actors take pride in their work. So no to Daisy and yes to Camille

e8ae5fe310647a28ec65b6533bc1de1a.jpg

[member="Allyson Locke"] Never heard of her, and I doubt many casual fans would have BUT I like the look of her indeed for Lara.

I just feel, as is the way, if you want to gain a following and interest in a film, cast the hottest young female rising star known around the world now from 'Star Wars', over a female who was involved in the video game but is very much still unknown.

Filthy casuals ruin everything. Everyone is just on the hype train sad to say. I probably won't watch the film till I catch it on television if Camille Luddington doesn't get it. I'm an avid fan of the series and fell in love with the reboot games, Camille brought new life back into Laura Croft - after Angelina Jolie killed her with her low tier failings. [member="Connor Harrison"]

[member="Allyson Locke"] I'm a casual Daisy fan after 'TFA' and enjoyed her in that enough for me to warrant being inetersted in a 'Tomb Raider' concept. Angelina Jolie was pure fan-boy wet dream material; total sex appeal and little else.

Now the female action hero is becoming more prominent and demanding more gravitas and humanity to roles rather than just guns and boobs and sexy shots, I feel they will take the "everyday" looking Daisy to mould a new Lara Croft around her.

But saying that I'd easily welcome Camille into the role, but I feel her talent may not be enough to warrant resting a possible franchise on her head away form the video games. She's conquered that genre, so it'd be a shame for her to receive flak for taking on the live action role...you know what fan-boys can be like.

lol​

tumblr_nisdvbjIma1u8hnlho1_500.gif
I guess, but then again - I'm just a fan boy. [member="Connor Harrison"]​
I liked Ridley in TFA, but I do watch Camille in a lot of American shows and she's been good there so yeah.​
I'm just a dirty fanboy.​

[member="Allyson Locke"] You dirty fan-boy you.

I meant the casual fan-boys of Daisy and the previous TR films who get very protective and will be all moany about an 'unknown' in the role and moan "who is she and what has she done before?" or all that, and then "she looks nothing like Lara Croft" or rubbish.

I will gladly have either in the role - actually now I hope one gets it because I can't think of anyone else with the talent or knowledge of the character to do it.

[member="Connor Harrison"] Thank god no Daisy. She's with star wars that's enough for her. its like when people use real faces on this board - it kind of makes people identify the face with the character they know. If Daisy was Lara all I'd see is Rey trying to raid some tombs because Luke is out to tea and can't train her.

Allyson Locke said:
its like when people use real faces on this board - it kind of makes people identify the face with the character they know.
I still can't watch any of the older X-Men movies without wondering what the hell Tegaea is doing kissing Wolverine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom