Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Tomb Diver

Zenric Salyn

Z
latest

Serias

Another planet, another tomb. Dubiety had quite the list when it came to unexplored tombs. Usually lesser lords. Those that the bulk of the Sith wouldn't think were worth it. Which meant it was obviously worth it to the Clawdite! They happily wandered their way through the trees, humming a small tune to themselves. What secrets did this one hold? What sort of information was passed over in favor of the power and influence other Lords had? This tomb didn't even have a name of the Lord who was buried here! How joyous indeed.

Walker Walker

Objective: Explore and study
The man stepped off his ship, leaving behind little more than brutes. However, they were under the command of Kot Vind, who he trusted. He'd brought with him one of the Cursed Blades across his back, and at his side a blaster pistol. But otherwise, he seemed an incredibly average man. He was equipped for the tread of a world that was still mostly forest, a large water canister, good clothing, and a few tools. However, he was not here on a hike. He had heard of something incredibly valuable to him. Something that had fascinated him whenever it showed up, shapeshifting.

It was something that Walker still found himself lost at. One of the few manners of alchemy he hadn't managed to create. He had heard that someone from his home planet, from his mother, had somehow managed to make a thing that could allow him to shape-shift even though he was the same race as Walker, and yet probably even weaker, just far more clever. But his more teachings were kept secret from the rest of the world. Still, much of what Walker knew, according to his mother anyway, was passed down or grown off of that mans teachings.

Now however, he had a chance of finding an artifact of the Sith that could help in shapeshifting. Exactly what that would ultimately mean, he wasn't sure. But he intended to find out. He was not yet aware of the presence of another searching the same tomb, even as Walker approached the tomb he didn't have the understanding that he should be searching it for someone else. However, he also didn't hide his own presence. Either of them. Nor was the power of the Cursed Sword hidden. He was no nexus in the force, but for those looking, it would still be easily visible. Another one of his flaws he didn't think to fix.

Regardless, he intended to search these ruins or tombs. And he fully intended to find this artifact, if it existed at all.

Dubiety

Zenric Salyn

Z
Dubiety continued their light hum as the walked through the woods. Nature itself bent away from them, as if afraid of the figures very corruption. The Clawdite didn't seem to mind though. It made the walk so much easier. It was when they finally reached the tomb that they stopped. Something was here, and it wasn't in the tomb. A gleeful smile formed on their face as they glanced over their shoulder.

"Oohh. A new friend?" They chuckle joyfully before turning back from the cave to head in Walker Walker 's direction, their golden eyes scanning for the source. Once he did finally come into view they made themselves known, stepping into the light.

"Hello fellow tomb explorer! I didn't think another would be interested in this shabby tomb."

As Walker continued, he saw something. A person approaching him. The man cocked his head and smiled at the person who'd beaten him here. They even offered a greeting, friendly one too, though no name. Walker smiled at whoever it was, "Seems I've been beaten here. Name's Walker, and yours." he said cheerfully approaching the individual, without even the slightest sign of concern. As far as fear went, it was usually only when immediately faced with threat, or foreseeably faced so, that he actually felt it. Sure he might plan for stuff, but he hardly acted like he was in regular danger.

"Well, turns out you're wrong. I normally don't explore these types of things, but it's in a convenient spot for me and I figured, hey, probably hasn't been fully looted. I might as well enjoy myself on whatever findings it may be. Apparently I was also wrong to think I'd be alone." he'd hold out his arms in a shrug, continuing to walk forwards.

Dubiety

Zenric Salyn

Z
"Dubiety is my preferred name, as it stands. A pleasure to meet you, Walker." They flash a kind smile, though the glint in their eye is far from it. The appraising gaze of a scientist who looks at a new experiment. Dubiety keeps their hands behind their back, clasping their hands together calmly. Walker Walker was a curiosity for sure. The presence they felt wasn't too strong, so.. Not a Sith? There was nothing about him that seemed to scream Sith either.

They walk beside him, looking back around the area they were in.

"We can explore it together. To my knowledge, all the traps are still active. It would be nice to have some fodder to trigger them for me."

Walker smiled and nodded his head as Dubiety introduced themselves. Indeed, Walker was very different from a Sith. His training and experience in the force varied heavily from the majority of Sith, in spite of following the same path of the dark side. Walker however, had little interest in whether Dubiety was light or dark. To him, it really didn't make any difference. He was taught to apply his mind to its best methods, and that was the way of emotion.

He walked lightly next to the Clawdite. Dubiety mentioned traps being active still potentially. Walker wasn't sure if they were joking about Walker being the fodder or not, but it drew a chuckle from him regardless. "Traps. I wonder why they'd put them there. Seems like they should spend time on more interesting things." he said glancing outside, one of the limbs of a tree tore itself off, floating into the tomb behind them, it pressed itself against the floor and began to skid along around two yards in front of Walker pressing down in an attempt to activate any pressure plates prematurely.

The alchemist continued with a look of vague amusement, glancing at the walls and roof to see if he could spot anything he was missing, as he did so, he attempted to reach into Dubiety's mind with telepathy. Find out what he could see or hear from within. As he did this, he spoke, intending to distract the individual from the attempted silent invasion, "Well Dubiety, what interest do you have in these tombs. And more importantly, are you willing to share, or should we just go straight to fighting. " he said it in such a casual and friendly manner, "I can always use an extra body, mustn't let them go to waste." he said as if as a joke. It wasn't entirely, while lighthearted, a force sensitive corpse could probably be very useful to him.

Dubiety

Last edited:

Zenric Salyn

Z
"Y'know, you think they would! But, Sith are ever secretive and highly possessive of their knowledge and artifacts." Dubiety chuckles a bit. Even then the traps were what made it so interesting to the Clawdite. Though, Walker Walker was already proving to be pretty interesting. Especially at the attempt of misdirection. The acolyte was rather familiar with telepathy, and his intrusion didn't go unnoticed.

"If you'd like to be friends, this isn't the way to do it."

Walker grunted in amusement, "Almost makes it less worth knowing if they think hoarding it after they're dead is going to work, when they still leave it behind." he said. Knowledge was extremely valuable to most who followed the Kakoran religion. Vash, did not, however some of its aspects continued to affect him.

He raised his eyebrow looking at Dubiety's response, apparently to his attempted intrusion,
"Friendship isn't sought out. If you seek it out, they're not friends, they're resources. Besides, it's natural for me to do that. Telepathy is almost inherent in me, searching thoughts is no different then trying to search body language. Merely more effective."

Dubiety

Zenric Salyn

Z
"Unfortunately, I don't let people in my head. Given that I can change my form, I'm pretty secretive of the one way people might know who I am even with a different face." Dubiety laughs a little, smiling to Walker Walker as friendly as always. The man was definitely a curiosity now, given his intrusion. "You're not a Sith. Where did you learn to do that?"

Walker smiled at Dubiety's mention of avoiding people recognizing them by not allowing others in their head, "There are more than a few ways to recognize a person than that." he said simply. Not that he actively used many. Personally, he rarely trusted anyone anyway. And those he did, were all those whose minds he did have the ability to read easily.

"Just natural as I said, but I suppose I would say my mother." He responded with a shrug, "I'm half Vran, not that you'd know what that is. I have yet to find someone who does it seems. Apparently they're usually very reclusive. Take in knowledge, but give little out. Taught me more of course, says I follow the 'Path of Emotion.' I gathered that much of what I know is essentially known as The Force by just about everyone else. Taught me a lot more than just that though."

He chuckled and patted the Cursed Blade at his side, "Alchemy is a powerful tool. This thing isn't a good example really. But I keep it with me anyway. Of course there's more. But I rarely need it. I don't run into fights with people often that can't be beaten by simply taking their weapon from them. Or shooting them. Then there's the fact that I probably know your body better than you do," he smiled with amusement, "That's not a joke. But what about you? What exactly are you? Not your species, you've made it clear your some kind of changeling. Which is fascinating, cause a portion of my race can do that. Not me...yet. But it happens. Clawdites of course are the most well known, but Shii'do and Felacatian have also been in my sights for awhile. And where did you learn to see what I was doing?"

Dubiety

Zenric Salyn

Z
"Vran, I've no idea what that is. It's definitely not what I do." They chuckle a little before peering even more curiously at the blade. Alchemy? That was something they definitely wanted part of. They hum a little, in thought. Walker Walker was an arrogant sort, but at least he was honest. That's something Dubiety could approve of.

"Clawdite, yes. But what is this about Alchemy? I do love the subject."

(OOC: If you want me to write shorter posts I might be able to. Walker's typically a talkative person though so they tend to last longer than some of my others. Just not sure if you prefer it.)

Walker nodded as he agreed to not knowing what a Vran was. "No worries. Like I said, most are reclusive and secretive." he said. It wasn't like anyone was expected to. It was no mark on their record that they didn't know. Dubiety was quite right that Walker had arrogance, really, he had just about any vice to some extent, some more or less than others naturally. Pride was probably one of the greater.

"Yes, quite a cultural thing apparently. Probably because it's like the science of the force. Telikinesis, precognition, greater coordination, those are the martial arts of the force. All important in their own ways. Alchemy is perfect for those of us who are just strong enough to use the force, but not so strong that the immediate results are as useful as we like." He smiled, taking the blade out of its sheath, and looking at the blade pleased, "This isn't even made for me like I said. It's for those I need to do certain jobs. To a normal person it may seem just an admirable weapon, but to those I teach. This blade can be used to create and manipulate fire."

He looked at the clawdite in thought, "Actually that sort of thing is why I'm here. As a clawdite, you may understand what it is I want. I've heard of some kind of artifact that could aid in shapeshifting. Well that topic truly fascinates me. If I could get my hands on it I would love to create my own version of it, expand my knowledge and skills even further. Naturally, anything in this tomb may be of value. But if we find that, I want it."

Walker had a habit of over-talking. Unfortunately, he really was more the scientist than the strategist. He rarely bothered lying and often was utterly open about his intentions, knowledge, and history. And if not, simply refused to answer. That was just how he was. It wasn't that he couldn't lie, it just often didn't occur to him.

Dubiety

Zenric Salyn

Z
Dubiety listens along as Walker Walker speaks, seeming far more fascinated as the man dives into the topic of Alchemy. It was a broad subject, from making weapons to making monsters, both of which the Clawdite had every intention of building up themselves when they could. It was a deep desire, to manipulate the very matter of the universe to their will.

"I myself have delved into the mysteries of Sith Magic. It's an interesting subject. You don't need strength of body, just strength of mind and will. Alchemy often goes hand in hand with it. Perhaps, when we're finished here, we can trade secrets." It sounded far more playful then an actual agreement to train each other. That's just how they were. There was no need to be serious, not at this time at least.

"An artifact that allows people to change form!? Why, that's pretty impressive! And something I myself want. Clawdites don't get to change as much as you'd think they could. Too much pain, and we can't change sizes. Perhaps with this I could start properly impersonating others as I want. Different faces often make moving around easiest."

Dubiety explained their use of Sith magic. It was a topic that Walker didn't really know that much about directly. He understood an idea of what the Sith were, but no more than what anyone else might be able to learn who knew about the force. Strength of mind and will though, that matched heavily with the ways of alchemy.

"Trading secrets, you know I think I could agree to that." he replied. Such light ways of talk of things that altered the very way one could live life.

He chuckled at their response to the artifact. "Mm, yes, then I suppose we can both benefit from it. Personally I never really felt much need to hide my face, but it'd be an advantage. Really, I was thinking of it in terms of combat application. My mother told me about what some from my homeworld could do. With this, either of us could gain a considerable advantage on what we have already."

Walker bit his lip, looking to see if he could see, or feel, any signs of an artifact, "That is...if it is here at all. And works."

Dubiety

Zenric Salyn

Z
"Perfect! Provided we survive this tomb we'll begin immediately in trading all these juicy secrets we have." They clapped their hands joyfully, nodding twice. Walker Walker was already on his way to becoming their favorite person, though that didn't seem to be hard to achieve. Anyone with knowledge they didn't have and they wanted was quick to take the lead on it.

"Oh don't worry, I'm sure it's here! Probably in something to hide it though, so I don't think we'll be able to sense it any time soon."

"Provided indeed." Repeated Walker quite happily. This ought to turn out rather interesting.

In spite of apparently only just having heard of it, Dubiety seemed quite certain that the artifact was indeed present. But simply hidden from their sight. It was only a matter of time then,
"Alright, well then once we get the main stuff down we should be good to do a more thorough search hm? Just to ensure we don't trip anything along the way? Unless you want to comb it from the very beginning? I don't particularly...tomb dive often. Most of what I want, I just make. So this isn't a common problem for me."

Dubiety

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom