Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To whom it may concern. (Shule, Jorus, Alec)

Before the Netherworld Event -

Aaralyn stood before the work infront of the Massassi Temple, her hands clasped infront of her. A long and hard decision she had come to, one which led her to passing on her seat on the Jedi Council to another - but she wasn't done with the ways of the Jedi just yet. Her hands unclasped and would touch the outer edges of her stomach, fortunately for her, she was able to conceal it well beneath the robes she wore. She was also able to hide their presence within the Force - luckily enough. Ok it wasn't luck - more so time. She wasn't far enough along to produce a bulbous belly just yet - but the hormonal imbalance, odd cravings for a particular food and even weird foods were definitely overcoming her normally routine and disciplined self.

Aaralyn had come to Yavin IV to help out her niece, [member="Alec Rekali"] and see if Yavin IV could be a place where Jedi could train as part of the Academy network and the Republic, but not exclusively. When she arrived on Yavin, Alex had mentioned her gaining weight - to which Aaralyn didn't take too kindly and found herself crying after explaining it was because she had been out of it for a while and then she shouted at her niece and left to find the dining hall. When Alec had finally caught up to her, Aaralyn had two Muja fruit in her hand and one in her mouth. The pregnancy had brought about an odd craving for exotic fruits - she hadn't been able to explain it and all [member="Falcon Gyndar"] did was tease her about it, which brought about more tearful fits.

When it was done, Aaralyn asked Alec come back later and she'd explain it all and what exactly she had gotten herself into. She went from being a woman who was firmly against any sort of relations or affection to carrying twins - how does that work?

She wondered that herself, a hand coming to rest upon her cheek as she waited for the arrival of [member="Shule Windspeaker"] - he was the one who would probably arrive first - then again [member="Jorus Merrill"] was a man of the hyperspace lanes, so it was a toss up but they were coming for two different reasons.

[member="Aaralyn Gyndar"]

When it came to getting places quickly, the Gypsymoth delivered; with Jorus at the helm it could hit a consistent 0.1, faster than anything ever. Plus Shule was coming from Dantooine and Jorus was coming from Levantine space, which was much closer.

The YV-929 settled down among the Massassi temples. With a few quiet words to the other Rekalis, an armored man and a young woman who looked about as non-Jedi as humanly possible, Jorus moved to the Great Temple's main entrance.

"Master Rekali -- sorry, it's Master Gyndar now, isn't it. How's Yavin Four treating you?"

Good ole [member="Jorus Merrill"], man of the hyperspace lanes indeed - that and a damned fast ship.

She smiled brightly as he approached and went to reach out with an extended hand but stopped short and looked to the little girl and then to him. She raised an eyebrow and quickly brushed the question aside, hand retreating to pull out a fruit - suddenly forgetting that she was going to greet him with a hand shake. She took a bite of the Muja fruit and nodded softly at Jorus - chuckling softly. Her words were spoken through a slightly full mouth, not in a rude manner but the food politely pushed to the side to allow her to breath and talk at the same time while chewing. "I have something for you..." She nodded, chewing up the delicious fruit, god what was it about this stuff!?

So addicting.

She would bite into the fruit, holding it with her teeth as hands would come about her neck and produce the Pendant of the Singing Mountain, her right hand would clasp the pendant while her left would grasp the Muja fruit and pull another bite away as she brought it down from her mouth. She chewed it quickly and found a lonely crate to set the fruit down upon. With that she grasp the pendant in both hands and began to manipulate it through the Force - a soft hum would echo in the immediate area and the Star Sapphire would glow bright blue as the energies of the Force pierced the pyronium metal and concentrated through the highly dense sapphire.

She would lift it from her hands with the Force, twist it slightly, bend it this way - intricate pieces of metal being manipulated by the force until it appeared almost completely apart and within it's confines was the final piece of the Codex of Tython. She would manuever the pendant slowly to the side, piecing it back together as she did - setting it down softly. Another nod of confidence would come from her as she brushed her hands together and gently took the piece from the air, holding it for a moment before finally - reaching out to Jorus with it.

"I want this to be made available to those who wish to learn from it..." She tilted her head softly. "My only fear is safeguarding the information on the superweapon within it. The historical knowledge within the Codex is valuable to those who seek to access it, the weapon is not." She glanced down at her hand and then to Jorus. "Can this be done?"

Having found the trick of opening the amulet, fitted the last shard to the Codex, viewed the information in question, recorded the information in question, handed over the information in question to a high-wattage research team whose members owed him their careers, and recently tested the capital-scale prototype of the resulting technology -- technology both originally and currently designed for something entirely non-harmful -- Jorus had a few thoughts of his own on whether the 'weapon' information in the Codex had value. He opted not to get into that, at least for the moment. Instead, he nodded and slipped the shard of holocron into a foam-filled hardshell case he used for sensitive datacards. He placed it in his pocket. "I may have to ask around a bit -- the Great Holocron, maybe Ilias Nytrau -- but I'm fairly sure that can be done. We've got a good track record when it comes to holocron security; we can make something work for sure. What changed your mind?"

Aaralyn shrugged lightly and looked to the Pendant that lay dormant on the crates beside her, a brief sigh escaping her lips. "Perhaps maturity?" She would shrug lightly. "Maybe even motherhood?" She turned and looked at him for a moment and then the girl next to him. "I understand that I cannot be selfish and keep those who desire the wisdom, from having it - be it a holocron or be it my own knowledge. One of the reasons I called Shule here, was to discuss the Jedi Academy. It's also one of the reasons I left the Council, I don't belong there I belong out here...so if the Council doesn't desire me to perform duties as the Sword anymore...I will give them that option as well and renounce it." She shrugged lightly again and moved over to a crate to sit down - slowly. Her hands would come to rest upon her knees. "I'd like to keep the Holocron of Master Yoda, to use with my students if that is acceptable - I feel I'm able to protect it as it were from any harm."

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

"That all sounds good. Yoda's holocron has been part of the Library Card network when the Grandmaster allowed it, which was fairly often. Its location was the only one I didn't set up, and it's not secured to the same extent, so she could consult it as necessary. I can let you take over her arrangement -- ninety percent of the time, it's accessible through the Library Cards; ten percent of the time, roughly speaking, meaning whenever you need to consult it in person, you can do it. I can tell you straight up, though, that the holocron has nothing but Yoda's thoughts on the Jedi Code, which is all material that it'll bestow through the Library Card network. It's minor enough that there's nothing in it that it'll refuse to give out through the Library Card network."

"I know...if you wish to take it then I won't object. It was more personal in nature than anything else. Despite the Codex being kept around the family for so long...this was more of an attachment." She shrugged.

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

"Well, another simple solution: Just secure it as part of the network, and visit it and turn off the pickups when you want to consult with it in person. I'd rather have the holocron accessible to all, all the time, just like the others, and that seems like the best way to go about it. Thoughts?"

"Fair enough solution..." She nodded softly before reaching within her robes yet again and producing a holocron that appeared no different than any other. She didn't hesitate as she stood and moved to Jorus, handing it over to him.

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

It wasn't the first time he'd held the holocron of Yoda, and intellectually he knew that as holocrons went it was nothing special. Not in terms of abilities taught.

A reminder, maybe, that the Force was about so, so much more than what you could do.

"Thank you," he said. "I'll secure it as well as I can, and send you the location. It'll be inside the galaxy, this one, and probably not cloaked and such. But we'll see what opportunities there are."

He hiked his thumb over his shoulder at the Gypsymoth. "I'll put this back in the ship. Want to come aboard?"

Aaralyn scratched at the skin around her stomach, she had noticed it was becoming really itchy as of late - probably a concern she'd need to bring up with the medical droid when this was all over. Every bit of this was new to her, the heightened sense of smell outside of the Force, the itchy and sometimes painful sensation around her belly and the urges and cravings.

Very exhausting. No doubt even more so for [member="Falcon Gyndar"].

Aaralyn nodded softly and followed Jorus towards his vessel and ultimately into it.

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom