Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To the Victor... (Nar Shaddaa)

The job was simple, something he preferred. Get in, kill anyone in the way, get out. If no one died, less questions asked. Not as fun for him, but such was life at times.

The giant checked he chronometer on his wrist and grunted quietly. The meeting time was getting close and no one was here. Not that he had anything better to do but wait. He just hated delays. Delays meant slower jobs which meant slower pay. At the very least it meant he sat impatiently until something happened, which was the worst part in his opinion. He detested hurrying up only to wait.

Answer crossed his arms and slowly cracked the vertebrae in his neck, one by one. No one noticed his seven and a half foot tall frame so far. Or, more likely, no one dared go into the alley he waited within to inquire as to his activities. Especially on Nar Shaddaa. It was a good way to wind up breathing out of a tube or winding up with a permanent case of deadness. Answer was more than fine with delivering either, but for now he waited.

Impatiently.

[member="Jorge"] [member="Terrance Olavi"]

Doyle

D
Terrance squinted his eyes as he looked down the designated alleyway. 'Look for the tall one' the note had said. From where he stood, [member="Answer"] seemed to fit that bill. He was also the only being there. So that was two points going for him already.

No time like the present.

He stepped further into the alley, taking note of his surroundings, yet not in any fearful regard. He was searching for something. Terrance approached Answer, his voice raspy but not at all weak. It was more hushed on purpose. "Don't tell me you're it. Is that all this job calls for? The brawn and the brain?" Two guesses as to which category Answer falls into.

But credits were credits and beggers couldn't be choosers. Besides, this was just a means to an end. A very wonderful and glorious end that would see him filthy rich and in a blissful retirement. Yet for now he settled for a bit of gruntwork.

[member="Jorge"]

Nar Shaddaa was a change of scenery compared to the planet he was on for his last job. Jorge didn't mind though, Commenor was nice place to visit but Nar Shaddaa was a hotspot for potential clients and smuggling jobs.

After landing the Sparrow, Jorge made his way to the rendezvous point. For this type of job, it wasn't uncommon that you'd meet your fellow colleagues in a shady alley, and because of this Jorge already found the job to be charming.

Showing up to the alley only 30 seconds after [member="Terrance Olavi"], he heard his question and chimed in with a response; "Well, it looks like the job takes three apparently. Oh, and if we're classifying each other based on looks, you're clearly not the brawn." he pointed at Terrance "and you seem like you wouldn't be the brains." he gestured to [member="Answer"]. Jorge stopped talking and thought for a second, he then looked to them for help, "So what would I be?"

Culver Yardley

First Round's on Me
[member="Jorge"] | [member="Terrance Olavi"] | [member="Answer"]

It had been certainly a decent time since his last job, during that time Culver had been spending his loot on drinks in various bars. Now that all the money is drained, it was time to find a new job and this was perfect.

Never had Culver been to Nal Shadda and it was predictable this was the planet chosen by the Hutt. Crime and illegal activities already plagued this planet and another run would be almost unnoticeable.

Culver walked to the rendezvous point with his large metal armor moving around ungracefully. There were already 3 people there, counting Culver would make it 4.

"Wow, is this the crew I'll be joining today? Can't way to celebrate after this! You too big boy, I bet you can take up 5 bottles of Cheedoan Whiskey and still be sober! Nice to see you, two guys, too. Let's hope you guys can last the first drink!"

Under the helmet, Culver was grinning and couldn't control his excitement for this operation.

"Sorry, where are my introductions? I'm Culver Yardley, ready for duty and just here for credits!"

To boldly alchemize what no one alchemized before
After the various slicing jobs she performed against the Ancient Eye, and also pirates, she was a mercenary slicer. Especially after the battle on the Wheel, she never expected Tenloss Syndicate to want anything to do with her, at least not directly, then again perhaps it was one of [member="Culver Yardley"], [member="Jorge"] or even [member="Answer"] that hired her in the first place. If they think I am the brain, then I'll make sure that my brain will actually deliver what we need, she thought, wondering which cover she will use, and whether or not her common cover has actually outlived her purpose. Her plan would involve slicing for, say, utilities, property deed or lease, so that they would operate that drug production facility as if a change of ownership. And also change the cadaster entry related to their facilities for this purpose; however, she knew that, in criminal warfare, the legal technicalities of facility takeover were often overlooked so the gangs operating those may as well have legal time bombs on their properties. With the computing equipment, such as a datapad and dataspikes, she stood ready to attempt stealing the gunjack recipe and also the facility, using slicing.

"I am Petria Breguet, ready for duty. Since I feel stealing the recipe and the facility is better than stealing the merchandise alone, I have an idea that will ultimately lead them to us stealing not only the recipe, but their drug production plant as property deeds, and maybe get some drugs in the process, so we can extort rents from them in the future, and this is where I come in"

Doyle

D
Terrance tilted his head, providing a small smirk to [member="Jorge"] as he continued the little quip. "You're either the cannon fodder or the comic relief."

But as soon as [member="Culver Yardley"] jojned them and introduced himself, Terrance changed his mind. "Actually, Culver here is the comic relief." He looked to Jorge again. "Which means that you're the cannon fodder."

And then a new player came on board. [member="Petria Breguet"] . A woman with a plan. Terrance regarded [member="Answer"] for a moment and then turned to the woman, folding his arms across his chest. "And how do you plan on going about with this, doll?"

"It's about slicing here. Under the guise of installing a password management system, I would insert a multipartite trojan that would steal several key files, such as their property deeds and their spice recipes, and also plant a reposession notice alongside requests to change the owners for utilities and taxation purposes for the premises" she answered [member="Terrance Olavi"]'s question.

So which one of [member="Culver Yardley"], [member="Answer"] or [member="Jorge"] would be led to believe that Petria was, in fact, the brain? There had to be someone among that gang that was familiar with her work in Ancient Eye-land or in the Wheel, or otherwise someone that would be led to believe that Petria was, at least in a criminal context, a brain. This place is a radical change from Gallinore: whereas on Gallinore I was ugly, and every female was seemingly supermodel-level pretty, here on Nar Shaddaa I'm just an average girl aesthetically in that sea of female scoundrels and outlaws. Maybe, if this worked, we could use and repurpose these premises as the Fel Empire's embassy on Nar Shaddaa - I'm sure the local authorities won't mind such a radical repurposing, given how incredibly lax they are, she thought, while the multipartite trojan proper would be inserted only after the password management system has been installed into the lab's system. Now, she would expect some level of compartmentalization, hence a multipartite trojan would be in use over a more conventional ransomware. She thus began by sending them a holomail regarding a free trial of a password management system that was touted to be offering 512-bit encryption of passwords.

He blinked once and tilted his head to one side until he felt the loud pop of his vertebrae. The crew was here, finally, and more or less on time. They came from a variety of backgrounds and origins, selected for skills or abilities. Who hired them, he didn't know or care. He was just here to make sure they did the needed job.

"We're not here to steal deeds or digitally implant ourselves into some mainframe," he stated bluntly, arms still crossed over his massive chest. "We're here to knock down a door or two, take what we need, and leave. If someone gets in the way, they're a loose end to tie up."

He glanced at [member="Petria Breguet"] and compared what he saw with the information on hand. Five foot six, slight of build, from a world he'd never heard of and probably wouldn't care to go to. She matched the holo of her time on the wheel perfectly, at least so much as facial structure. Skin color, hair color, makeup, and the like were no match for the Wheel's facial recognition system when it came to humans and near-humans. They'd hired her mostly for skills, but also to keep tabs on the slicer. For what reason his boss wanted it, Answer didn't know and frankly didn't care.

"You wanna lay claim to the thing, be my guest," the Syndicate enforcer rumbled. "But after the Syndicate gets what we're after. You'll be on your own, though. Boss doesn't want this heap."

He pulled out a vial from his jacket and held it up. The pinkish fluid filled the small glass container in his hand. It was a tiny thing that looked ridiculously small in his massive grip. After a moment, he tucked it back into his pocket.

"Gunjack. We'll need a case at the least, more if we can grab it. Target is an old hab-building. Couple of entrances, some guards outside. They probably have their production going in the basement so we'll make that a target. This is a small time gang that hasn't been wiped out or snapped up by a bigger fish yet, which means they've managed to keep it under the radar. We'll need the hab-block shut down electronically so comms can't get in or out, that's our first step. After that, we clear out the guards, break in, kill anyone who gets in the way, and take what we can carry. Questions?"

[member="Terrance Olavi"] [member="Culver Yardley"] [member="Jorge"]

Culver Yardley

First Round's on Me
@Answer @Petria Breguet [member="Terrance Olavi"] [member="Jorge"]

Even with through focus, Culver had no idea what Petria said and just merely nodded. He just assumed she was just going to something that sounded helpful, perhaps just hijack some doors.

When Terrance called him comic relief and Jorge cannon fodder, Culver realized at least there's another fun guy here. One of several of Culver's weaknesses is boredom. Although he used to run with bigger fish, they were always too serious and boring. That's how Culver cut his ties away from them and resolved to drink and party.

Answer's plan was easier to understand, basically a hit and run to steal some stuff. Culver has done many operations similar to this, but mostly just to steal some booze from a bar. But in general, Culver was a professional in this type of scheme.

"Answer, before I want to go rushing in guns blazing, in which I already want to do, what's our getaway plan? I assume at least you got a decent ship or a crappy Laserbrain taxi ready to go."

"Then I'm the one blacking out the hab-block" she told [member="Answer"] while preparing the construction cones.

Blacking out the hab-block essentially forces me to have a wired connection to the gang's mainframe to steal their property deeds, she thought, while there has been exactly one slicing job she performed that required such a thing. She rented out a few construction cones, in which universal jammers are hidden, and she could always claim she would be surveying the place. And yet Answer told her that she would be on their own to steal the spice recipe from the mainframe, and also steal the property deed; in fact, it would be preferrable for her to wait until [member="Culver Yardley"], [member="Terrance Olavi"] and [member="Jorge"] were finished and then she could attempt doing as much. Now it would become clear that their interests were at odds between one another, but she would play along with that for the time being. Then again, perhaps the Tenloss Syndicate had enough of a presence on Nar Shaddaa that this place was of no interest to them, just that she is glad to be out of the main pew-pew. In fact, there had to be a brain, there had to be someone blacking out the hab-block, and she was the brain here.

The young smuggler smiled at [member="Terrance Olavi"]'s joke and turned to the new arrivals, welcoming [member="Culver Yardley"] and [member="Petria Breguet"] into the new band of misfits.

When the slicer showed up, Jorge pegged her as an ambitious type, and after she explained how she wanted to execute the job, he only understood half of what she said, and along with Culver he just nodded.

The womans plan was shot down by [member="Answer"], who wanted to keep the operation to just a smash and grab, and honestly Jorge liked Answers basic get in and get out mentality. If that was the plan the group would be rolling with, Jorge was all in. But before the group got their show on the road, he had to offer a solution to Culvers grievance about the exit plan.

"I have a good ship and a co-pilot that can come get us when we need the evac."

Doyle

D
Terrance looked from one to the other while they spoke. [member="Petria Breguet"] had a good plan; but that was only if one wanted to resort to non-violent methods and take over the warehouse.

But that wasn't [member="Answer"] 's plan, or mission or whatever you want to call it. Smash and grab. Those were the fun ones. Get in, get out, destroy whatever gets in the way, tie up lose ends.

He studied the vial of Gunjack. Such a bright pink liquid would be easy to spot. It made him wonder what it was for. A drug? A weapon? A mixture of both? Either way, at least he knew what they were after.

"Sounds simple enough." He stepped a little too close to Petria, right into her personal space with a sly grin. "Let's say that you and I cause a distraction." He raised his brows up and down in a quick fashion.

[member="Jorge"] [member="Culver Yardley"]

"We do this right, we won't need a getaway plan," the huge man rumbled after moment. "Like I said, they're small timers. There's no bigger fish to come down on us and this isn't Coruscant. Police doesn't exist here. At least, not like you think it does."

He pulled a sidearm from the confines of his jacket and glanced at the safety. A massive thumb jabbed towards the deeper end of the alleyway they stood in as he glanced at their slicer.

"Data jack is down there. I already ripped the panel off. Hop to it."

With that he started out of the alleyway and down the street, the compound in question up ahead and looming. It looked like a hab block, but his scouting told him differently. Inside it was a warren of halls and rooms filled with cookers and guards and who knew what else, but a job was a job and the boss was the boss.

And who was he to disappoint the boss?

"The rest of you, with me. They pull a weapon, drop 'em."

[member="Terrance Olavi"] @Jorge @Petria Breguet [member="Culver Yardley"]

OOC:
Super, super sorry it took so long. Loads of stuff going on that pulled my attention elsewhere that I couldn't avoid! Here's hoping to get this rolling finally!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom