Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To the Highest Bidder: Slave Auction on Orvax VI (Open to all)

How Much Is That Princess In The Window

"20,000," he boomed the voice a lance through the crowd, it payed off to being able to adjust ones voice with a turn of a dial. "and lets all be considerate, I'm going to win anyway so the bidding might as well end here." he said jokingly, latching on to the closet form bringing up an alien in a one armed embrace, like two close friends hugging after a long reunion except this time the embrace stopped with a 'pop' and a shriek, he flung him back into the crowd flailing and crying about a broken arm or something. "Sorry, thought he was someone I knew." it seemed to say without word's 'that you may bid against me, you may win, but I'll be waiting for you in the parking lot'.

"Of course I know his name," he said as the attendant approached him, pressing a pointed digit towards the man's chest threateningly. "we go way back, but for your sake tell him I answered correctly, and I'll know."

[member="Crix Meriet"]
[member="Thais Kallisto"]

Seela's eyes displayed compassion as Darth Vulkan recounted the memory of his parent's death. He didn't sound very sad, but perhaps that was a Sith thing. But then her heart kicked up a beat when he spoke of Rycrit meat and leaving the filth-bowl that was Orvin VI. Her pupils contracted with interest.

"I hope you will find me valuable," she added quickly, noticing his attention being drawn away momentarily. "I can speak fluent Huttese and Ryl... perhaps you work with Cartel at times?" Seela had no idea to the standing of the Techno Union with the Hutts, how relations were Hoth-like to say the least. But she needed some kind of sales pitch unless Darth Vulkan suddenly changed his mind. Hopefully there was not a psychopath lurking behind the gentleman facade, but she got a good feeling about this one.

"I'm fine," she answered, untangling her legs and now crossing them as she sat. "The spectacle doesn't bother me."

In fact, in the cool of the VIP booth, with the sweet and fruity drinks and the handsome company, Seela could easily pretend she was not a slave and was here to watch the auction with her date. This thought made her smile and relax into the seat comfortably, now that the price had been settled upon.

[member="Darth Vulkan"]

Vulkan paid little attention to the ongoing negotiations behind him. If he had one hundred thousand credits on him, she would already be his, but a wire transfer left a trail, as did a withdrawal from a planet like Orvax IV. He couldn't risk that, and Crix was here to pay upfront. No one would care if Crix paid for a slave, and he would be reimbursed if he ever asked about such things.

"My dear, I find you priceless." He said with a very contented tone in his voice. He leaned over closer to her, speaking softly. "You know, I was a slave once. In the mines of Kessel. I spent four years in the depths of that place, and when I finally made it out I decided things would be different. So far they have been, different. Not always in a good way." His tone changed slightly and his features showed regret and sorrow. Many horrors, wars, and battles had been witnessed, participated in, or caused by the Sith Lord in his time, and the universe had always found a way to even things out. Karma wasn't a concept he believed in, but it certainly seemed to be present in his life.

He breathed in, "But I like you, you are breath-takingly beautiful, and you are kind and trusting. I will treat you well. I can promise that I will never raise a hand to you. If you want something, ask for it, and I will consider it." He smiled at her and pulled his hand from her, wrapping it across her shoulders. She reminded him of what he wished his former lover had been like, and she embodied a number of his weaknesses, and the small part of him that was still good natured found her enthralling. He was powerful, and her master, so he would not be twisted and manipulated by the Twi'lek, but he also believed she would not try to do so, and that was what made her valuable to him, irreplaceable as it were.

[member="Seela Tarkona"]

Thais heard the bidding start at 10,000 credits. Not only was that an extremely low bid, but also Crix managed to call her a horrible name as well. She sighed and leaned over, trying to catch the attention of the auctioneer. "Can you please correct that mistake? I am not a whore; I'm a Princess! I think this needs to be advertised more readily to the audience." The auctioneer ignored her, looking dead ahead with a stone-faced expression.

And not too long after, the price went up to 20,000. Now that's more like it. Shielding her eyes from the bright sun with a hand, Princess Kallisto scanned the crowd, looking for someone... anyone she knew who may be able to save her from the indignity of the auction. She peered closely at the VIP booths but it was difficult to see who was inside as those were for anonymous buyers - rich nobility, politicians, galaxy movers and shakers.

In the hot sun, she began to sweat, furthering her discomfort of being the center of this negative attention. She desperately wanted some shade or even a drink of water, but she wasn't getting anywhere with the auctioneer. It was best to just preserve whatever honor she had left.

[member="Flannigan Mcnash"] [member="Darth Vulkan"] [member="Crix Meriet"] [member="Toby Meriet"] [member="Aleksandyr Gaillard"] [member="Ek Vilibro Griz"] [member="Tubul Xenar"] [member="Acaleus Thorn"] [member="Veino Garn"]

Seela's painted-on eyebrows arched in surprise at the revelation that Darth Vulkan was also a slave. She didn't take him for one with such humble beginnings, but perhaps that explained his gentle nature. She didn't feel comfortable enough to touch him without orders... not yet at least. But she did long to put her hand on his arm or stroke his face to let him know she sympathized. In a way, living with Murrka the Hutt for so long helped the green Twi'lek become the tender soul that she was. Aside from the harsh nature of the Thakwaash, Seela hadn't been degraded or abased, not nearly as abused as Draco may have been in the Kessel Mines, and potentially not as abused as that poor Princess would be if she were bought by a cruel and tormenting master.

"Thank you," she said, her cheeks coloring a darker green in a Twi'lek version of a blush. "And I appreciate that. I have to say that Murrka was also kind to me. I don't know what I would do if I were sold to someone who used physical violence to convince me to behave. I will not cause you or any of your associates any trouble, I promise."

Seela knew this didn't really need to be said, but she wanted to make sure there was no mistaking that she was going to be loyal and compliant no matter what. Freedom was an abstract concept to her, and if she were lucky, this experience with her brand new master may be as close as she would get to it.

[member="Darth Vulkan"]

Vulkan could see the surprise, and the sympathy that she radiated. She seemed to want to comfort the Sith Lord, which was an utterly alien concept to the man, something he hadn't ever had. Even in his few failed relationships, they were less about caring and more about comfort and companionship. His mind spun like a thousand gears turning in a thousand directions, trying to figure out why anyone would feel sorry for him, care about what had happened to him in his past. He tried to maintain his smile, but it faltered from his face as he looked at her, his arm around the Twi'lek and her face comfortable and pleased with her situation. "Don't feel bad for me, Seela. After all, if it were not for that you might not be in the position you are now. I don't mind suffering in my past for bright futures." He studied her closely, but now less physically, more emotionally, mentally, and through the Force. His smile returned as he observed her, squeezing her gently, and returned his gaze to watch the proceedings, every muscle in his body relaxing in the chair beside Seela.

Her willingness to comply, to behave, and to keep from trouble was reassuring, even if Vulkan didn't intend to make life difficult for her. In fact he intended to make her life very easy and comfortable. With his own retirement looming and his responsibilities fading away quickly, they would both have ample free time, and with any luck Abigail wouldn't disapprove. He froze at that thought, everything stopping for him. Vulkan hadn't considered Abigail's reaction to her father bringing home a young Twi'lek slave at all. <But why am I worried about it now?> The question circulated in his mind as he processed possibilities. <Come on Draco, when is the last time you cared what anyone thought? Even your adopted child.> He paused again, realizing the answer as it revealed itself. <The last time you were Draco.> Outwardly he tried to show no emotion, but Vulkan could tell his transformation was less total, more a fracturing of his psyche. He considered killing everyone in the room for a second, but whatever piece of Draco was left quickly obliterated that thought from his mind, leaving not even a trace in Vulkan. Vulkan liked Seela, and he would at least enjoy her for the time being.

"Are you cold?" He asked with concern slipping into his tone, actually genuine for the first time since meeting her, his hand feeling the skin of her opposite shoulder, seeing her dressed in rags. He didn't even need to continue before Gorran grumbled out an order to the servant girl in the room with them who quickly brought Vulkan and Seela a small blanket, placing it beside her alongside a yellowish orange Mai tai that smelled of fruit and rum. As far as Thais was concerned, the Sith Lord couldn't care less anymore. He was content, and so long as she didn't come knocking on his door in the morning she could go to her dream owner for all he cared.

[member="Seela Tarkona"]

Aveira Dax

Weapon of The Dark Side.
[member="Flannigan Mcnash"]
[member="Darth Vulkan"]
[member="Seela Tarkona"]

Aveira sat along the back row of chairs watching the proceedings with her dark brown eyes widen and a small grimace across her soft pink toned skin. This was by far one of the last places the young Zeltron wanted to be; it was understandable if a person who knew her personal history spotted Aveira here. Nevertheless, she knew the types that were attracted to these auctions and she was hungry for work. Aveira sat back a little more into her seat while adjusting the black leather trench coat more around her frame as she watches the announcer raise the price on a woman claiming to be a Princess up to 2,000 credits. A sigh followed while she shifted her gaze from the auction over towards a man who sat beside a female Twi`lek.

“I need to get over this..No one knows..” she muttered barely audible out loud to herself in attempt to calm her nerves.

The attendant stepped back in the wake of [member="Flannigan Mcnash"] 's pointed metal finger "Very good sir" He quivered " My Lord sends word that should you win this auction he would be willing to cut you a special deal if you can assure him of some matters" Then he bowed "Good luck sir" Finally, the attendant scurried away. the cyborg was very intimidating.

Crix himself was watching with amusement as Thais sweated and cowered on the stage. 20,000 was too little though, he need a high price for thais so that when he gave her away for a trifle it hurt her pride all the more. he could only hope the cyborg would offer to pay more. Toby continued to rub and kiss crix's hands and crix smiled down at him "Good boy, my good boy" He smiled. He'd get Toby a present today.
He regarded the other slaver for a moment "For the affection Mr. Vereen holds for your slave I'll push to 40,000"

"60,000" he exclaimed his hand probing for a neighbouring observer to take his frustration out on, a space had built up around the cyborg, in fact they say his personal space grew three times that day, or so they say. "I say this again, I repeat I plan to win. So why don't we all leave this one to me, hm.."

[member="Crix Meriet"]

Aleksandyr watched patiently, his time spent with [member="Thais Kallisto"] had brought him somewhat close with the princess.

"150,000 for the beautiful princess," He announced, aiming to outbid Flannigan. Certainly the pirate wouldn't have the funds to oust the Balmorran Billionaire, a man who happened to be one of Kuat Drive Yards' top executives.

Nonetheless, Alek found the whole situation amusing enough to warrant his attention...

How ever did she become a slave? He'd probably find out soon enough.

[member="Crix Meriet"] | [member="Flannigan Mcnash"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom