Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private To Replace An Eye

3xPo3Fv.jpg

Sarrassia

Striding down from the Crestfallen's boarding ramp, the Dark Lord of the Sith surveyed his surroundings. He had never truly taken a prolonged journey through Confederate space, let alone set foot on any of their worlds. Around him were symbols of the Confederacy's rule on the world, their hexagonal crest flapping from purple banners hung from the highest parapets. He gave them only a moment's regard before he traveled out into the city, walking quickly along the bustling streets towards the far outskirts. The Dark Lord followed the winding trails away from the city and deeper into the wilderness, traveling up to the foot of a nearby mountain known as Mount Diligence.
Few beings lived this close to the mountain, for there were rumors of a powerful sorceress who lived within that could divine the patterns of the past, present, and future. It was these rumors that had brought the Dark Lord to this far distant world, away from his seat of power and the rebellion which brewed. One of his Eyes, known as Darth Voyance Darth Voyance , had betrayed him and was fermenting heresy just beyond his Empire's borders. Though he still held the loyalty of Isolda, the superior of the two, he was still left with an incomplete set of Eyes to serve him. Again he searched, far and wide across the galaxy, seeking raw and untamed power that could serve him.
Descending the lightless caverns of Diligence, the Emperor came across an ancient temple built on the banks of an underground lagoon. Approaching slowly and carefully, he made his way inside.

The inside of the ancient temple was illuminated faintly by the light of fire, sconces lining the passage deeper into its crumbling depths. Upon entry few elder keepers of the grounds bowed before he and any guard that might follow, eyes cast down and lips held shut in silence. The smell of blood filled the temple, old dried blood that likely once stained the halls of marble and stone, only once one traveled deeper could it be told the smell grew; its passing time less and less as the source was approached.
A large archway stood before the farthest reaches of the unholy site, the interior lit with deep purple and red flame cast upon the blood shimmering in its light. Symbols etched across the flat surface in ancient runic languages; and in its center sat a woman. Graying skin reflecting the saturated colors of fire, black armor dotted with plates of steel and even more runic markings.
Before her crimson eyes the sights of battle ripped across rebel space, the screams of thousands filling her ears as she watched, waited to see those committing such treason; heretical acts against the Empire. Traitors fell to scorched earth, yet so did many loyal under the Emperor's banner; what truly was the cost of war, so many lives snuffed out as if nothing more than a slow burning candle.
Those same crimson eyes opened as the first step entered the chamber. Deep dark red pierced the Emperor's gaze as she remained sitting on the floor, legs crossed over one another with hands resting on her knees. The darkness fit the woman's features well, sharp Sephian features yet skin and eyes much darker than most. The energy felt swirling about the room came to a halt, flame dulling to a faint orange as she watched Carnifex come to a stop before the circle.
"What an honor, to be visited by the Dark Lord." The lithe woman came to a stand, bowing slightly in his presence. "Though I am much aware you haven't come for pleasantries. You haven't the time for such trivial things while your former most loyal subjects plan your demise."

"Such frivolities would be wasted."
The Emperor spoke with rigid finality, his deep rumbling voice cascading off the sloped walls into a deafening echo. He took several steps towards the woman, stopping just short of two meters as they looked at each other with scrutinizing glares. She had looked as how he imagined, these oracle soothsayers all had a similar air about them. Still, he could sense her latent power just writhing beneath that veneer, as evident by the power she had wielded before he had intruded upon this sanctum.
"I assume you know why I have come, so I will not draw this out any longer than it has to be. One of my oracles has betrayed me, swayed by falsehoods and heresy, and now I am in need of a replacement. Someone who could eventually equal or surpass her in the power of the Dark Side. I have heard many tales of your powers, enough to warrant me coming to you in person." He walked back and forth, slowly prowling the ground from Uredrasi's left to her right as he spoke. "If you accepted my offer, seer, you would have at your disposal more power than you would ever have languishing in this cavern."
He stopped, "What do you say?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom