Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private To Recruit a Mandalorian

Keatoch

Vice Admiral of The Elysium Empire

Keatoch sat at the same table he always sat at inside The Oyu'baat in Keldabe, Mandalore. He'd been here for nearly half year now, helping The Mandalorians time after time. The planet was certianly recovering but much more time was needed to make a full recovery, and with The Elysium Empire abandoning Dagobah due to The CIS, and now considering settling on a planet in the outer rim, The Admiral wasn't sure how much longer they would be giving aid to Mandalore. Especially since the largest coalition of Mandalorians was nowhere near Mandalore itself.

However he had recently received a new mission alongside his main objective. He was to recruit any willing Mandalorians to The Empire. Apparently The Heir to The Throne, Rex Valhoun, was trying to form some kind of special operations unit to combat crime. So today Keatoch was at the Oyu'baat, not just to relax and make small talk, but to seek out potential recruits.

Of course, on Mandalore, anyone could be a recruit. It was a matter of finding the cheapest, and most willing of the Mandalorians.

Keatoch was becoming rather popular, not just in Keldabe, but in Mandalore as a planet. He had commanded Mandalorian and Imperial forces in numerous victories against pirates, and Sith Remnants. He was considered the "Thrawn" of The Elysium Empire. However in that very Empire he wasn't nearly as popular. While he was here on Mandalore, helping make allies and rebuild a planet, his name was being forgotten in The Empire. Sure, news of his victories occasionally made it into The Empire, but the citizens, apart from Mandalorian refugees, didn't care about what happened in Mandalore. They were more concerned about the internal issues. This troubled The Admiral. His desire is to be a hero, who returns home and becomes a politician. Instead he was fading into nothing.

But there was nothing he could do. He just needed to continue winning battles here, and hope that he'd be welcomed home as a hero.

Signal entered the Oyu'baat hoping to get some rest. He had been travelling through all of Mandalore hoping to get a job of some kind to get his Bounty Hunter career started. Having spent the first part of his life fighting for Mandalore, he'd thought he had built enough of a reputation for himself as a fighter for him to be easily recruited for jobs, that's not the case, however.

Upon entering, he scans the room, as he does whenever he enters somewhere making sure there aren't any threats, and instantly notices Keatoch Keatoch sitting at a table on his own. Having his history of being in battles in the name of Mandalore, Signal has built up respect for the people who fight and die for Mandalore, especially outsiders such as Keatoch Keatoch .

Signal approaches the table and introduces himself My name is Signal, I'm here to thank you for everything you've done for my planet. Let me buy you a drink as thanks.

Keatoch

Vice Admiral of The Elysium Empire

Keatoch smiled as the first potential recruit of the day greeted him. His name was Signal Signal , and apparently he wanted to buy a drink for the admiral to thank him for his help on Mandalore. Keatoch sat up, extending his right arm to shake the man's hand, and spoke, "It is my pleasure. The Elysium Empire is always here to help. I appreciate the drink offer, but as you can see I've got a full glass already." The Admiral nodded toward his drink, "Please, sit down, I'm happy to talk with you."

He motioned to the booth across the table from him, then took a heavy sip of his drink. He had come quite fond of Mandalorian brews. Almost too fond. Fortunately he was able to monitor himself well, and refrained from the beverages until his "off" hours. Of course he was never truly off. A pirate raid could take place at any time. And when there weren't pirate raids, there was recruiting to be done, or politics to be studied....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom