Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To Kill a Queen...

The Reaper of Won Shasot
The Marshall approached the Cyaron alongside [member="Kimiko"] and her crew, Tsubasa happily skipping alongside them. Dax, walked a little closer to Ki than he usually would have, but it didn't seem like a regular day anymore. A lot had happened. The Marshall addressed the other two Kitsune woman he was with, "May I speak with each of you about your home planet?"

The Rogue had to admit, he was amused by this group that Ki had assembled, some determined and militaristic, others bubbly and energetic. It reminded him of better times when he was still a Padawan with the Republic. Just a bunch of friends hanging around, and talking about upcoming missions. It was wonderful to feel like that again.

Ki looked at the other woman and silently agreed. The sleeping boy in her arms, barely stirred, just being fed and all. Her next target was her daughter,"Sweetie? Can you prepare the conference room for Dax and us? You can join us when we arrive." this seemed to please Tsubasa, who quickly responded and rushed ahead of the group.

Indeed Ki's little ragtag group was odd, but it was something she considered family of sorts. Nozomi continued her stoic silence, although with a wider smile than before.

"I do believe we can discuss some details of our recent adventure with you Dax, to assist with any future planning." she responded as they walked, her free arm brushing against his and her subsequent smile.

Nozomi almost burst out laughing...

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax watched as Tsubasa ran off, and then looked over to the woman who could barely contain herself, "Alright, what's so funny huh?" The man really could not figure out why the woman was grinning so much. Sure, Ki had described her as a 'character' but he'd learned that could mean a lot of things. And in this case, he wanted to know more.

[member="Kimiko"]

The violet-haired fox sauntered ahead slightly, nimble on her feet, only pausing too look over her shoulder and locking eyes with Dax,"Something that cannot be seen, but should be felt. Just a feeling I have."

Ki shook her head, not even wanting to know what Nozomi meant by any of that. Instead, she looked over at Dax and motioned with her head to just shut up and follow. She gently rubbed Oji's back as he breathed silent in his sleep as Ki made for the conference room.

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax closed his eyes and took a deep breath in a clear 'Alright fine,' fashion as he walked alongside the others. He wasn't gonna question it...yet...As they walked towards the conference room, Dax asked, "So, what's your planet like? Aside from everything going on over there?"

[member="Kimiko"]

"Beautiful Dax. The capital is surrounded by forests and lies on a golden coast. The mountain range rises majestically inland. It...it...you'll see it. I..." she looked back at him, eyes bright,"...promise." she smiled faintly before returning down the corridor to the room.

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax smiled back at her, "I'm gonna hold you to that you know?" he told her. He couldn't help but smile even wider, her eyes sparkling with a passion brighter than he'd ever seen in her. It had been a long time since they had spent any extended period of time with each other, and now that they were again, even if it was mostly business, made Dax realize how much he missed having her around. How much he missed her.

[member="Kimiko"]

It wasn't long before the group reached their destination, Nozomi already within seated with an eager Tsubasa beside her. It was odd how the young human was enraptured by the foreign woman. Made Ki chuckle softly remembering when she was attempting to not step on any tails.

She pulled a seat for Dax, before setting herself down with Oji still zonked out in her arms.

Turquoise eyes, watched the pair closely, allowing only momentary respite before she spoke,"I am sure Kimiko has spoken some of the plight of our people and on the reasoning correct? What more would like to know?" a slightly unnerving grin spread across her lips as her chin came to rest on crossed fingers.

Ki had spent some time with the woman, and could admit being put off by her strange aura.

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax thanked Ki before seating himself beside her, the Matriarch across from him. "Yeah, first, does she have any real claim to the throne? If not, we can try to turn more of her people against her. Every man to our side is gonna be an advantage." Not only that, but some may even have intelligence that could help them in their battles. "The stronger our reasoning in challenging her, the better off we're gonna be."

[member="Kimiko"]

Kimiko took a moment to calm a stirring Oji, shushing and rocking the boy. She looked at Nozomi while doing so, knowing the answers would be a little complex.

Nozomi took a moment to look at the questioner, taking small details as well as feeling him as well,"To actually sit the throne? No. But, due to family ties, her claim to the Stewardship is solid. Ceres has been sitting the position for over two-hundred years, the power has gone to her head." she swallowed hard, knowing this was just scratching the surface,"She should have abdicated when Kimiko was brought forward, but she did not. Had her imprisoned and almost executed."

All the while Tsubasa had begun rubbing the woman's back, and the meeting had attracted the attention of a small gathering outside the hatch. All of them had been involved and had their own opinions on the matter. They each wanted their turn at the woman who almost took their leader's life.

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
The Rogue nodded, taking mental notes as he slowly planned and processed what he could, "Alright, how many of the major clans are willing to put their full efforts behind Ki? And how many are loyal to Ceres?" he asked. If their numbers were large enough, they could attempt to go toe to toe with the Loyalists, but if not there would be a heavy reliance on guerrilla tactics. Dax would prefer the former...especially if they had artillery.

In the back of Dax's mind, he began to wonder if the quickest way to beat down the sitting ruler, should they successfully reach the capital city, would be a Neural Storm. The newest of Dax's abilities, it was an interesting prospect. It'd leave the woman alive, but incapacitated. A preferable outcome.

[member="Kimiko"]

"The nine clans of the court and all of the the outlying families. The only problem is, the royal family has control of the Imperial Army. They number high, but our technology is...ancient...compared to what I have seen." she paused, taking a breath to continue, not out nervousness though,"The others attempted open rebellion after Kimiko was freed, and she led us admirably. After we thought we had a win, we got, turned around suddenly and put on the retreat. Any who weren't killed, ended up captured."

Her eyes hardened and focused on Dax,"In order to take the capital, we need to free the captured clan leaders, Kimiko did leave two of her friends on the planet..." she looked to the aforementioned woman who in turn nodded to Dax.

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Nozomi's account of the brief war brought several questions to Dax's mind, the first of which he voiced, "What kind of technology does the Imperial Army have at its disposal? The clans?" Dax waited for Nozomi's response before moving on to his second, "And what happened to cause a total 180?"

The Rogue wondered what could have possibly caused the sudden and unexpected change in the course of the war. Some unknown technology was his first thought, but there were a multitude of possibilities.

[member="Kimiko"]

Nozomi motioned to Ki,"I believe should inform you of those questions."

Ki nodded, steeling herself for this, it was gonna be rough,"It, was my fault. We overextended our lines, made it into the palace though, and I confronted Ceres in the throne room. Really rough fighting all around." her eyes wandered between her audience, lingering on each momentarily before ending on Dax,"She is strong in the Force, and powerful physically. It was not long until she had the upper hand and left me weaponless at her feet..."

Chika came in from the passageway and cut in,"It's not entirely her fault though. Ceres was...a monster during the duel. We barely arrived before the final blow could be delivered." she placed a hand on Ki's shoulder, knowing it was not an easy day for her,"After that, we were forced to back peddle and the loyalists regrouped and surged on the lines. As far as the tech goes, it's old, like Pre-Empire old. I think I've seen some of it in history books."

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
A deep breath, and leaning back into his seat, Dax thought. The issue wasn't going to be assaulting the city necessarily. Between the Judges and ORC troopers on the ground and the bizarre fleet raining down pinpoint hell on the forces from above, capturing the capital city didn't seem to be a terribly difficult prospect. Dealing with Ceres however...That was Ki's fight, and Dax's if she'd allow him. Ki was a more than capable Knight. Dealing with the guards and Ceres would prove difficult.

"Alright...well, I think this is a start." he said, looking at each of the people present. "If all goes well, we'll have the numbers and the ships to make short work of the city siege. The low-tech is going to be our greatest asset."

[member="Kimiko"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom