Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Caius Flavian

Faction Admin - The Galactic Republic
To Keep the Peace
[Part 2]
Prologue
In the span of only a few weeks a lot had gone in Carida system.
With assault of Prime Ministers forces on Carida, in their failed attempt to eradicate the remains of the Imperial Remnant, there was much destruction and collateral damage.
Even worse was the civil war of sorts that erupted between the remaining Imperials as officers each tried to take command of the Remnant.
At first it was a stand off that lasted several days as eventually it boiled down to three officers, or would be Imperial Warlords, each vying for the loyalty of disparate groups of Imperials.​
On the world of Carida below the planet's citizens and government at the time watched in hushed silence as the very sky erupted into violent explosions as the Imperials tore at each others.
Caius Flavian was on of those would be warlords.
He fought for his convictions, his principles the very nature of the and essence of the Imperial legacy of the Remnant and the Fel Dynasty.​
For five hours the three factions fought.
While else where in the Galactic Republic a conflict had arisen in a border incident with the mandolarions at Roche.
With the Galactic Republic's military stretched thin and its recent civil strife brought about from the Prime Ministers own revolution Carida's government could only watch.
In the end Caius would arise triumphant although at great cost to the remains of the Imperials.​
Both the opposing warlords retreated into the void.
Now though on the eve of the 22nd in the Fifth Month of the 844th Galactic Standard Year ABY the victor would lead his forces on a peacekeeping mission to the world below.
The Operation was simple, take the Star Port, and Capital and subdue the quarreling factions until an armistice could be made and a new government formed.
This would mark the beginning of the rise of Caius Flavian in the heart of the Republic.

Carida Civil War Combatants
  • Council of Merchants - The Government of Carida -
  • The Revolutionary Front - Selectivists -
  • The Republicans - Militarists and Secularists -

Galactic Republic Armed Forces
  • Loyalist 171st
  • Selectivist 171st
  • CSAF

Caius Flavian

Faction Admin - The Galactic Republic
Republic Space
Carida System
Carida
Star Port

The heavens above the Star Port were seemingly peaceful.
Much of the fighting between the three factions was in the country side.
The defenses of the Star Port were minimal.
Several turbo laser turrets and surface to air missile sites were scattered around the star port allowing for over lapping fields of fire.
Along with a few score of Flak and Laser cannons sites.
However the military personnel who staffed these positions were lighter than Imperial Intelligence projected.
The Council of Merchants had decided to move most of the battalion's worth of troops away from the Star Port toward the capital.
In doing so they had left only the security personnel and a company to man to the defenses.
All of them looked to the skies.
A message had just been received.
It read

<This is the Imperial Star Destroyer Herald of Retribution, be warned we are about to launch peace keeping operations on the world below, do not resist, if you resist you will be considered an enemy of the State and rectified>

This message would broadcast continuously every fifteen minutes.

Another message though was being broadcast on the Republic Military channels ([member="Alena Reckar"]) that had been shared during the joint operations between the Imperial Remnant and Republic in previous conflicts.

<To all Republic Military Forces operating on the planet of Carida, this is Commodore Caius Flavian formerly of the Imperial Remnant, the Imperials who have sworn their allegiance to me are conducting a peace keeping operation. I beseech any and all who are true and loyal to the Republic to assist us returning this world to peace and order. My men and women have strict rules of engagement, but will return fatal fire in self defense. Contact me on any available frequency>

Orders were received to resist at all costs until reinforcements arrived.
The Caridan troopers gazed skyward awaiting what ever foe would descend upon them.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​

Carida
High Orbit
ISDIII Herald of Retribution

"Fire Control we are positioned for Orbital Bombardment Operations"
"Copy that, Fire Control had the ball," The Star Destroyer had positioned itself in orbit with its nose pointing toward the planet.
Like a dagger at the throat.
"Commence Ion Salvo in Five, Four, Three, Two, One... Fire!"
A score of the heavy Ion Cannon turrets unleashed a single salvo.

I sat in my Quarters sipping on some warm tea.
Floating just a few centimeters off the ground in my custom repulsor chair.
The Operation had begun.
Colonel Sanaka and Commander Stark were on an open channel with me.
"Execute Orbital Drop" I commanded.
"Aye aye Sir!" Commander Stark down in Fleet Ops snapped his heels together and turned to relay his Commodore's command.
The Retributions Marine Regiment embarked on several dozen landers sat in silence.
Each bird's engines nice and warmed and ready for the descent below.
Despite the significant changes to the operation I was not at all angry. My intent was still clear and my orders were simple.
I had to place faith and trust that my subordinates could carry out this task without my direct oversight.
Its pretty much how I've obtained Flag rank, not through brilliant space combat or tactics but rising on the success of the people I command.
Obviously I ensure that everyone of them is of course recognized for their efforts, but it was I who made the cohesive teamwork necessary to achieve the aims of the state.
Now though, I was my own state.
I relaxed into the chair.
Now to enjoy the symphony of war.

Kara Runo

Callsign "Widow Maker"
Carida
Star Port

Lightning lanced through the skies above.
As Ion beams cut through the atmosphere effortlessly.
The defenders of the star port watched above them like turkeys in a storm.
Each of the beams striking the defensive positions.
SAM sites and Defense laser cannons either shut down or imploded from cascading electronic failures.
The only defense now was small arms and the few flak cannons left.

Carida
High Orbit
TIE Launch racks of the Retribution

Kara Runo sat in the cockpit of her TIE Punisher.
She finalized her checks.
"Alright 181st its time for us to rock and roll!"
A cheer came over the comms
"Its time to help these boat huggers taste some dirt! Keep wary they'll still have a few guns chucking flak so becareful!"
A pre flight speech was likely the one the best moments to experience as a leader of pilots.
The reality of war was blissfully a moment away but the high of pre flight launch was at a fervous pitch.
Kara knew her role in the plan, everything hinged on timing, synchronicity with wiggle room for error just incase some of us got shot down.
Not that Kara expected the Caridan's to have much in the way of anti air or really any significant hardware.
From what she could tell the reliance on the Republic Military had left the world in dire straits with its own self defense.
Still though intillence had indicated the presence of the 171st, both loyalist and Selectivists fighting in and around the capital.
Even more intriguing was the possibility of Republic paramilitary forces also planet side who had been training here. ([member="Alena Reckar"])
To how extensive their training was Kara oculd not discern and neither had ISB been able to drudge up anything on them.
Either way though the first objective was to neutralize ground targets in and around the space port.
Then maintain air superiority until the Retribution's marines had seized both the Star Port and Fort Stalwart.
<Commander Runo you are green lights across the board, you are clear for departure, happy hunting!>
"Thanks Flight Control, when I get back after all this a round on me!" She made her usual promise before switching to her wing comms "Alright 181st we are green light to go! Launch!"
With that the 181st formerly of the Imperial Remnant and now simply Flavian's Imperials launched from the Herald of Retributions belly into the void of space and soon to the world below.

Carida
High Orbit
Fleet Operations Center

Lieutenant Colonel Vora and her Regimental headquarters and headquarter company was part of the initial assault wave.
She felt it both necessary to lead from the front and to establish her operational command center immediately upon taking ground.
1/4 Battalion, Retribution Marine Regiment was taking the first drop.
Nearly a dozen Sentinel drop ships were tasked for this.
1/4 was commanded by Major Abrakm, a Zabrak, who had a strong sense of Close Quarter Combat tactics.
The logistical problem discussed earlier in the evening was getting the entire regiment on the ground in a swift manner.
The first wave was going in lightly equipped.
Each successive wave would bring in heavier equipment and weaponry to help build upon the momentum.
The issue was timing.
With only eighteen total drop ships available along with the one heavy lander for the few AT-FATs on board it was going to take well over an hour to get the entire Marine regiment on the ground.
Even then the same problem was going to arise later on with getting the 3rd Legion dirt side.
Ral shook his head at logistical nightmare to come.
Star Destroyers were superb for combat and the idea behind the design was to deploy storm troopers after orbital superiority had been gained.
The situation below and the mission itself made the deployment significantly challenging.
As badly as he would like to have gloriously dipped into low orbit and rapidly deployed on to the capital and annihilate all combatant Ral was saddled with this peacekeeping endeavor.
Not that it was unfamiliar to perform such a action but the problem here was that there were three separate factions fighting on the ground.
Even worse was that two of which had Republic Military forces fighting alongside them.
Now it was all dependent on how the initial gains were obtained.
If the Star Port was seized on time then the 3rd Legion could begin deploying in earnest from the Star Port and make for the Capital.
The original plan of simply dipping into low orbit and disgorging the 3rd had to be scrubbed due to lack of sufficient transports to unload all the available equipment.
Not that Ral was expecting a protracted fight, but it didn't hurt to already have the right equipment on the ground for Siege and urban warfare.
Commander Stark turned to Colonel Ral and announced "The 181st has launched, the first transports are away!"
Ral leaned onto the holotable and peered at the Star Port
"So it has begun..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom