Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To Infinity and Beyond [Jyoti]

Fiolette Fortan

F
Thanos

Atwell, Victorian Training Center
[member="Jyoti Nooran"]
The new training center was coming along nicely, it helped to have a central location out of First Order space to train employees. As she stood there the Tokmia location would be taken down. Fiolette wore a suit and faced the transparisteel view before her, automated droids and robotic systems being taught to a new class of workers. When she discussed the idea of coming into Silver Jedi territory, her crew was not pleased. She reminded them that there had been plenty of transgression on her part. They need not be there if they did not want to and given that most of her crew had been former members of the First Order just as she. Fiolette would have understood if they simply left for the day, but they were eating lunch at the cafeteria.

Jyoti Nooran was scheduled to be there that day.

Funny.

The Galidraani never quite imagined that a day like this would arrive, but here they were. Such strange bedfellows, she thought, and then not so strange at all the next moment there had been a time when she was quite eager to work with Kiribian. In fact, their technology still ran through the coveted Bercey-class weather corvette Fiolette turned her back to the view one hand in her pocket and the other on a comm that was fixed to her desk. "You may send her in when she arrives," Fiolette ordered with a soft tone to the secretary out front. The administrator of the training center was kind enough to lend Fiolette his office for the meeting.

40oX25i.png

Dress

Jyoti arrived alone to the new PM training center aboard a sleek chrome courier she preferred to use for private excursions. Aside from the engines, there wasn't a single protrusion or panel line visible on the exterior, so there was the illusion of a hole being bored right out of the hull as the landing ramp extended.

A PM employee was there to greet her, who promptly led her deeper into the complex for the administrator's office. At Reception in front of the office proper, she was handed off to the secretary at the front desk, who perked up as she sized up the tall Echani.

"Ms. Nooran," she asked with a crisp Galidraani accent, not unlike high Coruscanti. She knew who she was, so it was just a matter of formality at that point.

"Yes, that's me," she said with a nod.

She buzzed her boss inside the office to inform her of Jyoti's arrival if she hadn't already been informed when the Echani's courier had landed.

"Ms. Yvarro is right through the door on my right. Feel free to enter when you're ready."

"Thank you," she said, already on the move for the door.

Inside, she found Yvarro at her desk, dressed smartly in well-tailored charcoal suit. The woman was pushing seventy, but she looked good for her age, still full of vigor from what the Jedi could tell.

"You've been quite the busy bee," she noted right after the door slid shut behind her. "It's difficult keeping up with you. I'm so glad our schedules finally aligned."

She wouldn't lie and say that she wasn't eager to meet with the former FO Admiral. For the longest time, she had wanted to pick the shipwright's brain, especially after the intelligence packets she had shared a while back. Finally, she would get her chance to do so.

She hovered near the entrance, waiting for an invitation to a seat. Galdraani seemed to love their protocol, especially those members of the aristocracy.

[member="Fiolette Yvarro"]

Fiolette Fortan

F
Thanos

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

Fiolette motioned wordlessly to the seat in front of the desk, "please Ms. Nooran."

She knew Nooran from another face and another name, and wondered just how long it would take for the conversation to detour from deal to everything but the deal. It wouldn't have been the first time, from Jorus Merrill to Taeli Raaf and even Aryn Teth of the Galactic Alliance. They all wanted to know a thing or two she tugged at her own charcoal-colored suit and waited for the woman in the plaid dress with the grey coat to take her seat. Echani. They spoke better with their bodies through sparring than actual words but then that meant having been Echani from the start. Her mind flickered over to one of their earliest meetings and the eagerness displayed by both parties. At least before Skor II, after Skor II - everything changed and perhaps not for the better Fiolette thought.

"Would you care for a drink or a smoke?" She offered as Galidraani hospitality would demand.

The redhead waited a moment or two before answering Ms. Nooran's statements, "and how fortunate we both are for it."

A polite enough smile, "so then, let us proceed to the nature of our meeting. I am quite ready to invest in Kiribian Systems Armory, but of course, I do expect a return on my investment."

40oX25i.png

"No I'm fine, thanks," she replied as she took her seat before Yvarro.

The shipwright continued after a short pause, wasting no time to get to the meat of the discussion. She wanted a piece of the Kiribian pie, though if SIS records were to be believed, she had already helped herself to a few bites.

Jyoti smiled. "I'm afraid that KSA isn't looking for any direct investments today, but my associates are interested in becoming a supplier, and possibly accepting sub-contracts from Primo Victorian."

"However, before we get into that, there are just some things I'm curious about that I haven't been able to you before when I wanted. It's clear you've been doing quite well for yourself since your defection from the First Order, but it couldn't have been easy giving up being an Admiral and program director. Having a large hand in shaping an empire. Few have been known to willingly relinquish such power and prestige."

Her smile was replaced by an expression of genuine curiosity.

"What made you walk away?"

[member="Fiolette Yvarro"]

Fiolette Fortan

F
Thanos

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

Sub-contracts, Fiolette wanted to scoff but decided to give a polite nod instead.

Instead, the Galidraani heard the Echani talk and quietly closed her eyes and let a smile curl around her features. "T'was a lot easier than you might imagine," she opened her eyes and focused on the silver orbs before her. "Power and prestige are always a good thing for someone ambitious to have them but I did not enjoy my limitations nor did I enjoy being chained or leashed." There were other things in her life she wanted to explore, "and for the longest part of my life I've had a hand in shaping many an empire the First Order was no different." A small pause as she thought about Ferrathias again. A small twist of her facial features as the thought fled, "each one worked to destroy one thing or another in the name of bringing peace and order to the Galaxy. Each one claiming to be the heirs of one past relic or another."

"When Tanomas Graf defected, I wondered why he would give it all up - and then there was a call. The Supreme Commander and the Grand Moff had come to an agreement, to renew hostilities with the Galactic Alliance." Fiolette leaned back in her chair, "and then I wondered no longer as to why he left." Why be chained by another? Were they not all masters of their own fate? If so then it had high time come for the woman to take hold of her own.

"I had come to a point in my life where my focus was to rebuild our interior, but it was clear our visions for this nation that we all so loved were different," she gave a small shrug, "and so I sent in my resignation and began the process of removing my company from the First Order."

She looked at Ms. Nooran plainly, "now I am certain that that is what you wanted to hear, but there it is."

"You mentioned supplier would this be akin to your role in the First Order? Where I thumb through a catalog? And here I was hoping for a little more direct involvement."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom