Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private To Hell and Back

Kaida Taldir Kaida Taldir

The Defiance was a massive craft, though of course recent galactic changes had made it tiny compared to the sizes even a small company could possess. Regardless, as the ship came in to land, followed by the exodus ships, they noticed a crowd waiting for them.

This was no group of random gawkers or dock workers either, but several important persons were prepared.

Yohara of course departed the cockpit with the air of a celebrity at a red carpet event. She said nothing to the other passengers, but fairly strutted down the stairs.

Eyrecae sized up the crowd, looked at her companions, shrugged, and followed.

Lavina though held back a little. Always a bit anxious in crowds, this anxiety had been heightened when she had been Ashana and had not magically improved. She waited for her sister, as did Tryana and Telera.

Eyrecae waved happily at the people and there was some genuine cheering. It wasn’t every day that they brought back lost souls from Kaeshana’s wreck.

“Oh do stop flailing around,” Yohara said softly. “It’s undignified. Besides, I deserve a greater share of the credit for my inventions saving the day.”

“Would have been useless if I’d not been there to push the button,” Eyrecae said, suppressing the urge to pull out the annoying woman’s spine.

“Yes, you were chief button pusher. Well done,” Yohara said airily and headed towards the official party. The Archon herself was there.

Eyrecae Alzari Eyrecae Alzari

The Shadow Knights did, in fact, own a corporation. Or rather a parastatal. It engaged in legitimate business, such as shipping goods and people. The Shadows did not really ask questions about what they should ship. They just drew the line at slavery. Regardless, so far no one had informed the Archon that even a rag-tag nomad fleet, or a tiny workshop that sold books about levitation in the pre-Tythonian period, could afford a civilian ship far in excess of the Defiance's unimpressive 3km.

It would provide for interesting discussion at the next Council meeting. Regardless, the crews disembarked. Yohara waved and bickered with Eyrecae, Lavina hung back a bit. "Can't we get this over with?" Telara muttered. "I can do without a speech and a 'by the way, this was all possible because of me, so please vote for me' plea."
"At least they let you vote," Tryana chimed in. She gave the crowd a shy wave. "Though I'll admit that some here probably more want to celebrate themselves than the refugees' return."
"Just vote for the Harbingers. We're objectively the best," Siona opined sardonically.
"Get moving," Kaida ordered flatly. Like Lavina, she did not like crowds much. However, she was not nervous. Her way of dealing with uncomfortable situations was icy stoicism. She did not wave, or pose.

Out of the corner of her eye, she could see the Forsaken arrive in the hangar. Masked Raekana was silent and stoic; Morwen sauntered onto the deck and an irreverent whistle escaped her throat. "My people once believed only madness awaited one in the skies. If so, we are all mad. Madness may be sanity and sanity madness," Brak'Vrasz grunted.
"But what to do when knives and chains await you at any port in a storm?" Macrina asked rhetorically. Her features were hidden beneath a hood, but she scanned the crowd with curiosity. "The kindred are assembled. The stars dance in a new course, and the shadows coil. What new path shall they set? Whose melody plays?"

Brak'Vrasz' eyes fell upon what seemed to be the senior leaders in the welcoming committee. Most of them were women, but there was a small number of males in their group. They were flanked by soldiers. One woman, dressed in a simple Private's uniform with her rank stitched onto it, caught his eye. "The elected queen, she flees the tyranny now she balances all the factions against herself. Can she keep a splintered mirror from cracking into a hundred pieces?" he wondered aloud.
A tall, imposing looking woman, clad in armour with a scarlet cloak. A lightsabre rested on her belt. "Captain of the Shadow sisters, she fought to be free of the angel's shadow, only to bring a new one to life. She fights the eternal war, but against whom will her fire turn next?"
"That the stone whispering to you?" Eliyen grunted. She often felt that she was stuck with being the normal one out of the leadership trio of the Harrowed. Her companions were crazy. Still, they were her companions, no matter how annoying.
"I had thought its voice silenced, but it still whispers to me in many tongues."
"Gives you an excuse to be even more frakking cryptic you mean. Whatever, I'll take it. Anyone else in the crowd the rock want us to know about? Before someone slips a knife into my ribs."
Most of the illustrious leaders were Eldorai, but there were some Tygarans among them. One was a Qadiri woman in early middle age. She wore robes and her eyes were covered by a bandage. "The blind seer, this one's motives are as shrouded as her gaze. She sees all paths, the blind leading the blind, wherefore will the maze lead her?"

Last edited:

Brak’Vrasz’s eyes fell on Yohara. "Watch this one, we have seen her ambition plain. Of progress and prosperity she speaks, but for herself or her sisters is the true target?"

To an Eldorai male dressed as the captain of the ship. “This one has struggled hard, saying he lifts himself and others above the yoke. He has had many masters to gain this small victory, perhaps another goal will see him with a new master?”

To another Eldorai, and the ancient Kar’zun’s features twitched slightly. “This one believed once, now they believe in nothing but progress. Efficiency and progress are hard masters, and might she not be consumed by the machine she has created?”

To a commander in the robes of strategos. “The blood of failed royalty fills this one, her strength comes from her conviction in duty. Will she one day find that duty cannot be your sole master?”

To the Harbinger leader. “The death curse shrouds this one. They guard secrets and truths for none but himself. Will one day he learn that being a master of secrets is not the same as being master of destiny?”

Finally a Xioquo. “The fallen lady, distrusted by all, yet also distrusts all. Where does her allegiance lie? Is pragmatism a valid path forever?”

Quite what the others made of this muttered string of prophecy was unknown.

Eyrecae was part of the group that made its way forward. Archon Faethyra stepped forward.

“Welcome back, Scientist Taenasi, Seraph Taldir, Eyrecae. Your achievements are indeed mighty. To all those who have made their way from our broken former home, we, the Shadow Knights, bid you welcome! We will see that your time of exile will not be forgotten and you will be given assistance to join this new community.”

There was polite clapping from the dignitaries.

"Lovely," Eliyen muttered. "We got ourselves a rag-tag band of misfits. Illy whispering anything in your ear?" she asked Macrina sarcastically.
"The Dread Mistress sees all, hears all. And she will speak when she desires."
"If she's telling you to take a knee before the Harbingers forget it. I'm deaf to the spirits, fine. Better off that way. Doesn't mean I'm goose-stepping alongside that lot."
"I say no such thing. We bathed in the blood of your foes together." There was a glint in her eye. "She bound us in a bond tighter than any chain. I would not break that allegiance to follow someone else's song."
"You say the sweetest things," Eliyen retorted.

Meanwhile, the Archon had given her welcoming speech and the clapping had subsided. It was Raekana who spoke first. Her tone was serene. "The Sicarii accept your welcome, Archon of the Shadowed Knights. We shall strive to make our experience of our ruined home fuel our vigour."
"Yeah, reporting for duty, ma'am," Morwen added. "Got a boat load of people who need medical treatment, food and all that."
The Archon nodded. "The Courts have been instructed accordingly. Temporary accommodations will be provided until more permanent lodgings can be found. Your people will be integrated over the next few weeks."
Brak'Vrasz was the last to speak. "Though few of the kindred of stone have survived, we will ally with you to repay a debt of gratitude. We have heard that the Shadow Knights are not infested with the old prejudices of the past, so we will gladly work to achieve a common purpose."

One of the assembled dignitaries the Kar'zun had singled out earlier, the acolyte of efficiency and progress, was about to open her mouth, but the Archon raised her hand. "I know the stone kindred as strong warriors and builders. Terrible things occured in the past. Crimes were committed, too much blood was spilt. But we are both children of Kaeshana, and there are far too few of us left to continue the wars - and mistakes - of the past. Perhaps this is the lesson of Kaeshana. We have been humbled. We have endured hammer blow after hammer blow." In terms of appearance, Naesala was not the most impressive member of the delegation. She was tall, but did not stand out. Her uniform was crisp and clean, but plain and that of a Private. Her rank was stitched on to it and she wore no decorations save for the Star of Ashira. The scabbard her Sarix was sheathed in was old and the symbols on it had faded. Still, her voice carried through the hangar.

"Many are not with us today who should be. And our struggles are far from over. In the days to come, we'll need strength and unity. But we have a chance to do better. To be free. Let us not waste it. We owe it to the dead, and ourselves.May everyone reflect on that. May everyone work to build a better, safer tomorrow." A gesture from her showed that she had said her piece. Kaida was stoic.

Last edited:
As everyone started to disperse from the crowd Lavina headed to where Kaida had been unmoving and silent. Even without her Sciia she radiated chilliness.

“We should probably get going, right?” she asked.

However, before they could so an Eldorai male approached them and saluted.

“Seraph Taldir, the Archon and Commander Thael wish for you and Scientist Taenasi to report to them in person with what happened. You may bring a small group which might assist you with communicating your message.”

Whilst this was happening the Forsaken were being approached by agents to break them up for temporary housing. It was perhaps for the best that Eldorai population growth was not very high lest the ship become overcrowded in just a couple of years.

"I am, without wanting to bloviate, more than capable of presenting the findings of what transpired on Kaeshana. I suppose Seraph Taldir can describe the bloodletting and all that," Yohara declared accurately, if rather pompously. "But it was after all my research that..."
"Lavina, Eyrecae," Kaida cut her off. "Brak," she spoke a bit louder to get the Kar'zun's attention, as he was preoccupied with the accommodation arrangements. But his two off-siders could probably handle that.
"Don't mind me. I'm completely fine with not having to hobnob with 'mistresses'," Telara chimed in, though no one had asked her. She glanced towards the Forsaken. They were fighters. Cruel Darwinian section had forced them to be. Many were wounded. Quite a few were maimed. There were children among them, but even the little ones bore scars and carried arms. "I'll go see if I can help them get settled in," she said quietly, suppressing sigh. "And make sure no one goes places they shouldn't. Come on, Try," she gestured to the the tall Vashyada.
"Have fun. You know where to find me," Siona told Lavina, slapping her on the shoulder.

"Looks like you I'll be sticking around," Morwen stated as she approached Kaida with a swagger. "Suppose this means you and I will be seeing a lot more of each other, icicle. Who knows, maybe you'll even get the Angelii stick out of your arse and show something like a personality."
Kaida glared at her...icily. "Don't you have your people to organise or are you too busy wasting my time?"
"Don't worry about 'em. Brought 'em through hell, will bring 'em through the void. We're all in this together now, right? All outlaws and 'Dashdae scum'. and here it's one soldier, one vote. Maybe one day I'll be boss and you'll have to salute me," she chuckled, apparently finding this very amusing. She glanced towards Lavina, appraising her in an appreciative way. "Now you, muscles, don't be a stranger."

Last edited:
Lavina made a bit of a face at Morwen. "Uhh...thanks. I guess," she said. Lavina, much less than Ashana, did not like being flirted with by random people. She'd always been rather conservative and controlled in that way.

Tryana followed her friend away, and the group followed the messenger to a small and rather cramped meeting room. Space was at a premium on the ship, so vast halls were not viable. As it was the room would be quite crowded as they found the Archon, Commander and Strategos waiting for them. With Lavina, Kaida, Yohara and Eyrecae the place was fairly stuffed. The old wooden table couldn't even really accomodate all of them so Eyrecae stood behind Yohara, much to the latter's annoyance. Or perhaps Yohara was annoyed she was on that side of the table rather than the one with the leaders, like she was a supplicant or subordinate reporting.

Finally, as the meeting was to begin the door opened and the looming bulk of Brak'vrasz squeezed in. "My apologies, the young moved so quickly I could not keep up," he said with a chuckle.

Space was a precious commodity in a nomad fleet. As a result, the meeting room was a far cry from the audience chamber where Tirathana VI had received supplicants. Vast halls were needed for other things, such as manufacturing, hydroponic gardens, education and accommodation of inhabitants. Regardless, the party would be let in by the guards.

Like virtually everything, the question of who would guard the Archon was a political one. Beneath the veneer of obedience and harmony, the Eldorai were an argumentative lot. Now that the rebels were - mostly - able to express themselves openly, they had not lost this argumentative streak. The Harbingers had, naturally, offered their services, arguing that they were a better choice than any 'Shadow Angelii'. So had various militias.

Naesala had let them argue, then just picked members of her old marine squad and a Harbinger and a revolutionary Angelii each. The commander was an Arrynist. The mark of a good compromise was that no one was happy. Strictly speaking, Yohara was one of the leaders, as she headed one of the Courts and bore the title of Magister. However, while not anti-intellectual, the Shadows were very militaristic. Engineers, doctors and scientists ranked high because they were essential to the survival of the community. However, soldiers were at the top.

Regardless, as the meeting was about to begin, there was a loud rumble and Brak'Vrasz stepped in. "I can sympathise," Naesala spoke. "It's getting difficult to keep up with all the young ones when I go for a run through the ship." In truth, she was not old for an Eldorai, but injuries had taken their toll. With the self-deprecating joke out of the way, she looked grave and serious. The Archon was in her uniform, though she had removed the scabbard with her ceremonial Sarix in it.

"To business. When we retreated from Kaeshana, we vowed never to forget our people. And to do everything in power until we had freed them, no matter how long it would take or how daunting our challenges seemed. Today we returned, but not in a manner anyone of us expected. And we could save a fraction of those who lived when the invaders took control." Her tone was not accusatory or something similarly irrational, but matter-of-fact. "Some of what we've been told sounds nothing short of fantastical. You were on the ground and I find matters like this are better discussed in person. You may present your report, Seraph."

Kaida had a report ready. She had put a lot of thought into it. Indeed, she had spent hours brooding over the right words to say. "Kaeshana was pulled into the Nether, then spat out. It was surrounded by a disruption field. We crash landed. We linked up with Forsaken. We arrived at the source. We pierced the barriers using technology. We departed." This was, of course, just how you were expected to act during an official inquiry.

Last edited:

Yohara seemed a little peeved by first the Kar’zun’s arrival, and then positively infuriated by Kaida’s ultra-laconic reply. However, she concealed her annoyance as she cleared her throat.

“Yes, indeed. Thank you for that to the point summary, Seraph Taldir,” she said flatly.

“Archon, I think I can provide a bit more helpful a summary which includes more of the events which actually occurred on this mission.”

Eyrecae looked down on the top of the scientist’s head, wondering how difficult it would be to pull the annoying woman’s head off. She had no doubt it would actually be pretty easy. But then would come the trouble. Not worth it. Instead as Yohara’s self-serving and detailed narrative droned on, she looked between the three leaders. There was certainly an interesting dynamic there.

“…And so we departed Kaeshana with the Forsaken aboard. I would say it was primarily my technology and skills which led to this successful conclusion, though others certainly played their parts. I would like to better study the Force anomaly changes in the various case studies.”

They did not mention the visions, though it was unclear if Kaida had mentioned them in her written report.

Lavina meanwhile was sitting uncomfortably between Kaida and Yohara. This was not a fun place to be right now.

In the wake of Yohara's long-winded narrative, an awkward silence descended upon the meeting room. It was broken by the Strategos, Yseult Faerin. She wore uniform and her face was heavily scarred. "One of you can't be bothered to open her mouth and say anything helpful. The other can't stop wasting my time by running her frakking mouth and bloviating about her toys," she declared bluntly. If Naesala was the diplomat, Yseult was a bulldog. "Tell me about the disruption field. How was it removed?"

The Archon nodded. "And what was the price?" Daymana Thael added. "You two have lost your Sciia," her eyes fell on Kaida and Lavina. "While you are Spiritblind, like the Harbingers, Alzari." She gave Lavina a side-glance. "Speaking of which, you seem...different."
"Less...," a word was on Yseult's tongue. A look from Naesala compelled her to pause and search for a better one. "Wild," she settled on that.

Last edited:
Eyrecae unexpectedly spoke up, obviously amused by the fury of both Kaida and Yohara at being reproached so.
"The disruption field was Force generated, a wound you might call it. When Kaeshana into the ether vanished it 'gifted' those upon its shattered surface with Force death. The disruption field emanated into three distinct zones, though those upon Kaeshana could not perceive it at first. For the world of Kaeshana has been pulled into the Nether and out again, the anomaly stored each layer as a barrier."

"The first barrier was charged with the living Force and those who were Force Dead could not pierce it, only those with the Force. Kaida and Ashana used the harmonic resonator, stripping them of their connection whilst at the same time removing the barrier, and restoring Lavina's memories. The next was one anathema to the Force, pierced by Brak'vrasz but it rendered him able to use the Force once more. Finally, the last barrier was an annihilating field which I pierced. My unique physiology allowed me to survive. It rendered me dead to the Force...."
She did not mention 'just as had been intended.

There was silence. Clearly no one had expected her to know what she was talking about.

She placed a friendly, firm hand on Yohara's shoulder. "Would you not say this was an acceptable summary of events, Scientist?"
"Yes, well, it is accurate enough for a laywoman," Yohara replied, squirming slightly.

Eyrecae smiled. "Excellent. There were also some visions received piercing each barrier." It was letting the cat out of the bag a bit, but it'd be reported and get around eventually.

Eyrecae suddenly displaying knowledge beyond her usual attitude as a jovial, well-meaning brute caused some surprise. "I see you've been holding out on us, Alzari,"
Daymana remarked dryly. She looked at Lavina and Kaida. They were technically her subordinates after all. "You two paid a high price in the line of duty. You are to be commended for your courage. I'm pleased to hear your memory was restored, Lavina. Your status within the corps will remain unaffected for for the time being while we observe whether the changes are safely reversible. We have some good spirit healers."
"I've done just fine without sorcery, you know. So do all my minions. Not having a voice whispering mystical twaddle in your head clears the mind,"
Yseult opined. She was Force-blind and proud of it. "Though I can understand Commander Thael not wanting to lose to soldiers to my office."

"Yes, I'm sure they can adapt to being brought down to the level of the everywoman" Yohara said airily. "Now regarding those anomalies, I believe further study of the crystal formations..."
"In a moment, Magister. You will get your chance to elaborate then. Let's focus on the matter of immediate concern," the
Archon interjected in a soft, but firm voice. Unlike several others in the room, she used the scientist's official government title. "Elaborate on those...visions," she ordered.
"So instead of being simple, it turns out it's more Sciiac hocus-pocus? I thought we were free of that now. Seems not," Yseult grunted and leaned back in her chair. Her mechanical eye flashed, as if reflecting her annoyance.
"We all make sacrifices for the cause. If it is just Sciiac hocus-pocus we have to put up with, then we can count ourselves fortunate, Strategos. If everyone else who was evacuated saw them, word is bound to spread," Naesala, who was also Force-blind, said evenly.
"I'd like to hear about them, too," Daymana spoke. "Continue."

Last edited:

Eyrecae smiled slightly. “You’ll find I am full of surprises, Commander.”

Lavina meanwhile nodded. “Yes, ma’am, thank you. I will have to carefully consider my future.”

The topic soon moved on to the visions. Eyrecae spoke swiftly, before Yohara could get going, much to the latter’s irritation!

“There were three visions, each linked to the ones who pierced the barriers. The first was a most touching reunion and sad split of the sisters Taldir. Not much time needs to be spent on that.” She knew Kaida was glaring, either at her or at the table. Young naïve Kaida was clearly not someone she liked recalling.

“The second, ah yes the second is going to be what causes you trouble, Archon. It showed from Brak’s perspective the final battle in the Eldorai war against the Kar’zun. It showed that the version of history you all have been taught is neither accurate nor as glorious as you may have suspected. It showed the Queen paying outsiders, humans at that, to use their weapons to aid the Matriarchy. It also shows the Queen as a much more sympathetic sort, from what I have heard.”

Brak shifted. “The vision showed what I saw. I am the last survivor. I see now the discord it might cause, and I regret it on one side, but on the other the truth is important.”

“Important and necessary are, I fear, two different things,” Eyrecae said. She seemed to be enjoying herself.

“And lastly a rather opaque message showing all the paragons meeting. Ashira of course, and others. A Kar’zun paragon possibly. It was all very interesting,” she said a little smugly. She was enjoying the joke, even if no one else was.

The room was quiet for a moment. "Can you confirm this, Seraph?" the Archon asked. A taciturn expression hid her feelings well, but she was not amused by these revelations. On the one hand, the events the visions puported to depict had happened centuries ago. On the other...these were Eldorai.
Kaida's response was laconic. "Yes."
"In short, all the whiners have another excuse to queen and quarrel instead of doing their damn jobs," the Strategos growled.
"The implications are concerning...but interesting," the Commander of the Caerith Tyari spoke. "If anything, it reveals the Matriarchy to be even more hollow than we already knew and that says something, if even centuries ago they needed to enlist humans to do the job for them," she said sardonically. "But I am curious as to how this barrier could suddenly shift someone's connection to the spirits."
"Or maybe we could focus on the matter at hand and not on whether a mystical barrier thing gives you a powerup or takes it away," the Strategos interjected irritably.
Before this could continue, the Archon spoke. "We must prevent unrest at all costs. Though we've broken with the old ways, there are many citizens who still cling to comforting myths. And we let them keep them, provided they don't preach discord or treason." She looked at Kaida. "How many members of your task force, and of the evacuees, saw these visions?"
"All task force members. Anyone close to the barrier, judging by the chatter."
"So most, if not all of them," the Archon surmised. "It's a bit surprising that even Spiritblind would receive them, but I suppose Sciiac sorcery defies rational explanation." Like Yseult, the only spirits she knew were those that came from a bottle. She looked at her two colleagues. "There's no point in trying to muzzle a couple hundred people. It wouldn't be practical, and it would be wrong," she said firmly. "And by now people will have talked. But the situation will have to be handled with care. We will discuss the exact measures later in private." Her intent gaze fell upon Eyrecae. "Tell me about this...paragon."

Last edited:
Eyrecae knew this was a dangerous and potentially shattering moment. Telling the truth would probably cause a massive ripple effect which might destroy the Shadow Knights, or at the least cause them to break into a scattered and broken series of offshoots.

So therefore she composed a most diplomatic answer. The revelations would come in time, but for now unity served everyone’s end.

“The Paragons represent an aspect of all the Eldorai and their sister’s personality. What they saw were allegorical representations of each of our sister races. Being my vision of course I embodied the spirit of conflict and strength that the Qadiri are famous for. However, Archon, people may make interesting and strange conclusions from this vision, what’s important is that you understand that this vision showed the strength of unity, not disunity.”

Brak’Vrasz opened his mouth to speak, but Eyrecae turned to him swiftly.

“Yes, it is probable some will be unhappy with seeing the virtues of resilience and ingenuity of the Kar’zun put alongside those of the Eldorai and others. However, now is the time for all of us to join together.”

The Kar’zun tilted his head to the side somewhat, staring at her rather open face. He nodded.

“Yes…this is not the time for revelatory speculations,” he said slowly.

Kaida stood there, as rigid as a statue. Her jaw tightened. "Anything to add, Seraph?" Daymana asked. Perhaps she had seen something the others had missed. The buildup of tension inside her subordinate. Especially since Kaida did not have her Sciia to fully shield her mind. "Ma'am," Kaida started, paused. "No," she spoke. It seemed like an eternity to her, though only a few seconds had passed. "Nothing further." A soldier did her duty, no matter the cost, no matter her pride. No matter how flawed her people were.

The Archon arose from her chair. "We four will discuss these matters," she gave Yohara a brief glance. The woman was immensely annoying, but she was good at what she did and she was a member of the government. The nomad fleet needed soldiers, sailors and pilots, but it could not survive on the sword alone. "I will issue a proclamation for citizens to remain calm. There will be a meeting of the Courts and the Council." She did not say it directly, but it could be inferred that she would try to secure the advance of backing of major leaders in advance. Far easier to reach a settlement then instead of leaving it to the mob to reach a conclusion she approved of.

"There will be bickering, no doubt. Perhaps unrest. Strategos, make sure you have contingencies in place in the case of...disturbances. I want the militia on alert. Our society is a young one and we are sailing in untested waters. But we shall emerge stronger from it. Our people need symbols. Icons that inspire them to give their utmost and rise above the past. Those symbols may be imperfect. Our interpretation of them may be...flawed because we're only mortal. But what matters is that they foster unity and freedom. Our business is concluded for now. You've earned the rest. Dismissed."

Last edited:

As they headed from the room Eyrecae hung back with Kaida and Lavina whilst the others went ahead.

“It seemed perhaps you were about to say something indiscrete there, Kaida,” Eyrecae said lightly. “Perhaps it’s for the best your laconic nature kept you silent.”

Lavina glared at her. “Hey, it’s not as easy for some of us as it is for you. It might be all fun and games for you, but knowing truth and having to keep quiet isn’t easy!”

Eyrecae glanced at her. “Never said it was. This is definitely not fun or games, and it’d have been a whole lot worse if Kaida started telling even more painful truths, hence I’m glad she didn’t. That time will come, and soon, but not yet.”

As the Forsaken mingled with the renegades already on the ship they would start to spread the word. Like ripple it would spread outwards, gaining strength as the rumours and whispers spread. Misinformation would likely follow in the wake of this. Eldorai had many good points, one of their besetting sins was that of gossip and intrigue.

Of course, those from Tygara might be completely indifferent to the whole matter. After all, they’d ended up fighting with offsiders and the Vash had their Paragon walking amongst them (metaphorically). The Kar’zun meanwhile might be grimly amused by revelations, revelations which might soften some, but not all, of the blow.

Kaida gave Eyrecae a cold look. "Eyrecae, I've buried the truth and our rulers' lies for decades. I've sacrificed for our ignorant, bickering people. You had the luxury of sleeping through the mess our rulers and your sisters made. So don't lecture me about duty." She looked at Lavina next. "Survival comes first."

Word of the Kaeshana revelations was already spreading. Eldorai loved to gossip, scheme and sulk. It was one of their defining traits. Kaida's expression hardened. She could hear a bit of a ruckus taking place ahead of them. I need something to hit, she thought.

Last edited:
Proving that the only person who could so far get under Eyrecae’s skin was Yohara, she grinned.

“You have, I feel, borne the truth well. Whilst I slept and dozed you were uncovering secrets. Impressive,” she said without any mocking.

She led them on. “If you are not tired, you could hit me in the training room. Or try to, at least.” She knew Kaida was not the sort to let a challenge like that go usually.

“Besides, it might be best to keep to ourselves a while. Who knows what the leaders might decide,” Lavina said, a touch suspiciously. It wasn’t that she thought these specific people were going to betray them – though she suspected Yohara would in return for a new science journal publication – it was that they might react unpredictably.

One would imagine that news would eventually get back to this event too to other Eldorai, to Firemane and elsewhere. The cat was very much out of the bag.

Eyrecae did, as a matter of fact, not know her well. "I've got nothing to prove to you," Kaida stated flatly. She had nothing to prove to anyone. Least of all so-called 'Paragons'. And she had better things to do with her time than to hear Eyrecae boast about her prowess. Nor would she whine about losing her powers, unlike most Force-Users. She glanced at Lavina. "Can only expect so much when every idiot gets to vote and their vote is for sale," she muttered. This was probably a bit unfair, especially since the Shadows did not let everyone vote. But backroom deals, votes, debates - it seemed suspicious to her.

Regardless, as the trio made their way through the corridor, they came across a throng of Eldorai. Some of them carried hastily made banners. "Sisters!" one of them, apparently their leader, proclaimed, rising her fist. "We've come here to right a grave injustice! Centuries ago, our foremothers took up arms to defend Kaeshana, to defend our people, us! They fought not for coin or a crown, but for freedom and the survival of our species! When the Arish descended upon them, they stood tall and proud and defeated them!" she spoke passionately.

"Many injustices were committed against us by the aristocracy. They sold us to the monkeighs, and then they left us to die on Kaeshana so that they could run away and enjoy their ill-be-gotten gains with their foreign masters! That is why we banded together. The Shadow Knights arose to reclaim the spirit of our ancestors. We defended Kaeshana when no one else would."

"But now traitors besmirch the sacrifices of those who fought for our freedom. They spit on the heroism of the brave soldiers who saved us from enslavement at the hands of the stone men. Ariane was a reactionary, no doubt. The Eldorai have today do not need or want mistresses and queens. But she showed more care for her people than the foreign puppet who wears an empty crown on a human station. Our voice must be heard! The council must know that we will not stand for the truth being trampled on!"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom