Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To Bridges Built

[member="Danger Arceneau"]

"I have shares in the company, yes, but I am more... an agent of the board, I suppose. I negotiate, provide input and protect the interests of the company. A neutral party amidst a sea of opinions, if you will."

She studied the menu-card for a moment, before realizing that the restaurant wasn't quite... Vinithi-ready.

Which wasn't surprising at all, she mused. The amount of people who knew the intricacies of the Vinithi species could probably be counted on one hand, if that.

"Could I have some more water, please, and maybe... add two to three spoons of sugar to it?" A rueful and apologetic smile was cast to both the host as well as Danger. "Physiological differences, I am afraid."

After Arceneau had ordered hers.

[member="Cerita Sarova"]

An incline of her head.

“Understandably.” Danger commented, only to turn to the waitress. “I’ll have a medium rare nerf steak, Ukioese asparagus, and the twice baked potato.” a hearty meall for the woman, but she was your basic meat and potatoes girl.

“Oh, and may I please have some Star-caf… No cream. I’ll take raw sugar.” Danger did enjoy her caf.

“So you are on the board of advisors?” she clarified for understanding, turning back to Cerita. The waitress scribbled down the order and then turned expectantly towards Cerita.
“Where do you plan to advise the Board to take Aee-Eee-EL then, Miz Sarova?”

It was difficult to explain to a person who wasn't aware of the intricacies when it came to the power-structure in AEI. Yes, there was a board of directors, a board of advisers, you had your CEO, your COO, the usual things. But what shifted from the usual corporations, was the hierarchy- and in this regard, men like Ostanes and women like Cerita had more pull, not because they had a particular job description or position.

Not because they got paid a lot.

But because they had knowledge that the others wished for themselves. It was a more... Sith-like organization, really, which was not all too surprising considering the close working relationship AEI has had with the Darkside since its inception.

"Steering away from the Darkside, mostly." Ceri responded after nodding on the board of advisers-question. It would take too long to completely explain it and at the end of the day, the most she was doing was advising. Even if said advice was taken to heart every time she decided to speak up. "Using the knowledge AEI has gathered about Sithspawn, the Sith and the dark arts, to do some good in the Galaxy."

A shrug followed.

"With the Alliance rising and the Sith falling it's not only the morally right-choice, but also the financially prudent one. Even if some nay-sayers disagree."

[member="Cerita Sarova"]

Interesting.

Danger's brows rose, dark slashes that arched high at hearing that.

"May I ask for an example?" she probed further. Saying one wants to use that knowledge for good was one thing. Actually making it into reality another. Perhaps the question was a test in it of itself. Danger could respect hard work and ambition, but she also gave dues to those who actually were able to meet their goals through their own means.

What was Cerita's?

"Of course." Ceri responded, before growing a fraction silent as the waiter appeared with their food- well, a larger glass of water with sugar for her and actual food for Arceneau. Once again her presence in the Force shrunk to the tip of a miniscule pin, before popping back up into existence after a moment of probing.

Then she took a small sip, before giving a grateful nod to the attendant who had been waiting on a comment. To see if the sugar/water ratio was to her liking, most likely.

"It's perfect, thank you."

After that the waiter nodded, murmured an affirmative and left, Ceri returned her attention to Danger.

"Reversal and healing, miss Arceneau. Sekalus, Coruscant, Teta, these worlds are filled with the experiments of the Sith and their ilk."

Another sip was taken, while her eyes seemed not quite there. Almost as if she was thinking back on her own training and the things she had done during it.

"We have started our efforts on Elrood- a hospital for Sithspawn; sentient or otherwise. Containment of other Darkside beings. Elrood has had it tough in the last decade, the Akala Crisis, Dark Harvest. We have made a partnership with the Alliance to try and repair the damage that was caused to them."

@Cerita Nova

A hospital?

Intrigued, Danger gave a nod for Cerita to continue. "Is that so?" she began, taking her caf and taking three small packets of raw sugar. She poured them into the dark brew, then took the tiny spoon to start to mix it in.

"The Dark Harvest hit Elrood hard if I recall correctly," she murmured. A large population had been afflicted with the virus.

"How does one provide healing for all that wretchedness?" she queried, probing for more information.

There was a method to the madness. Danger was trying to determine the reasons Cerita was doing it.

"With great difficulty." She replied, just a touch of wry amusement made apparent. Oh, Ceri realized what Arceneau was trying to do, trying to figure out, but she couldn't just very well just say it, could she?

It wasn't the way the game was played, sadly.

And she doubted the Queen of Trade would just take her word for it regardless. At least, Cerita wouldn't have- then again, she was a paranoid little schutta at the best of times.

"We have made a partnership with the Alliance's Circle of Healers." This would tell Danger a lot, already. It hadn't been easy to secure a partnership considering AEI's history. But they had managed eventually. "Furthermore, we have a supply of Ankarres Wood, which only stimulates the reversal of their current state."

She took a sip from her glass, it was a good taste. Good quality of sugar too.

"I think it's the least we can do, considering how long we have profited from the Darkside when making the various products we have made available throughout the Galaxy."

[member="Cerita Sarova"]

Danger would study Cerita as she spoke, listening to what she had to say. What her plan and goals were. It held merit. The question was would she be able to reach it? Own it?

Danger respected results rather than empty words.

"A worthy endeavor," she replied, bringing her cup of caf back to her lips to take a drink. A small salad was set in front of Danger, and the Queen of Trade gave a small smile of thanks. Afterward she turned to the young woman, then point blank asked.
"So then what brings you to my door, Miz Sarova?"

Ah, she was afraid of this.

That the meeting would imply that she wanted something from Danger. It wasn't surprising, of course. A woman of her stature probably got hundreds if not thousands of requests for her time, for her political or financial capital. No, it wasn't surprising that Danger thought she wanted something from her.

"Simply the desire to have an understanding between us, miss Arceneau." The response came after a moment of thought. "I only recently stepped into a position where I am in the limelight on numerous occasions."

"This means that, sooner or later, I would have been brought to your attention. And I'd rather have come to you myself with my story, so there would not be any misunderstandings."

Like a few million credit worth bounties being placed on her companies or things like that.

"I hope that this meeting has elevated some of the natural worries you might have had when I first contacted you."

[member="Cerita Sarova"]

Danger had spent several decades learning to tell lie from truth. She may not have that hoodoo to help her, but she managed just fine. She'd have never been this successful if she didn't learn how to read people. Seemed that at the very least, she managed to read Cerita just fine.

"I'll be honest, Miz Sarova." she began, setting down her cup of caf. "I ain't had none too pleasant the experience with Miz Savon ever since I met her." That had been decades ago. Goodness, how times flies.

"She had a way about her that took to stirring the ire in folk, and while I can see where she tried to better herself, it didn't turn out so well when she kept repeating her mistakes."

Her forearms came up to rest upon the table, fingers coming together. "So I was a bit hesitant, but curious when you first contacted me for a meeting."

Her head gave a small cant, and those vibrant green eyes appraised the younger woman, searching.

"However, I've a respect for one who can gather the gumption to do things on her own accord. It was the same way my pa taught me and how my grandpa taught him. There's merit in taking charge and owning up on where one requires clarification and most importantly, their limits."

At that, she gave a small smile.

"You seem like you got your ayy's dotted and tee's crossed, Miz Sarova." she explained. "I am curious to see just how far you're aiming to grab your future by the nethers and make it solely your own."

She didn't cry, no tears came.

But there was an unmistakable furrow on the edges of her brow, a very subtle tension releasing in her shoulders- like a great weight had lifted itself. It was difficult to quantify the origin, unless you knew Ceri personally. But her entire life people had judged her not for her own actions and decisions, but for the reputation left to her by one miss Savan.

Things were better now, of course. There were people who cared about her - Dissero came to mind. There were people who knew her as Cerita first and foremost, and never had even heard of Circe's reputation. But to have Danger state the things she did, with her history with Savan?

"I... thank you." She mumbled out, before taking a quick sip from her glass of sugary water. It was just something to do while she was processing the emotions. Just a way to push her gratitude out of the limelight, before she made a fool out of herself.

[member="Cerita Sarova"]

Danger gave a nod, a small smile curving her full red lips.

She let the young woman compose herself; at least as much as she could. Miz Sarova seemed to be a rather introverted individual. So different from Ashiin and Saffron. Then again, both of those girls were nothing like their former templates. There had been truth to Danger’s words earlier; she had told the same thing to those two clones she managed to rescue from Kamino so long ago.

“Ma’am,” the waitress would excuse herself, bringing in their main entrees.

“Ah, good. was itchin’ for a hearty meal,” the Queen of Trade said, flashing a smile in gratitude at the waitress and then at Cerita. The younger woman’s own selection was brought to the table as well.

As it was, seemed things would go along fine. Danger had a respect for one who would work for their own goals without using someone else as a crutch.

Perhaps in time, Cerita will do extraordinary things -- not under the shadow of another, but standing firmly on her own two feet.

YWDPfdN.png

[member="Choli Vyn"]

Months passed after that initial meeting with Danger.

They kept in touch, as much as the Queen of Trade and the Sentinel of Akure were capable of between each of their schedules.

It wasn’t friendship as much as acknowledgement that they moved amongst the same circles in the corporate world, that they didn’t detest each other after that meeting had cleared up a thing here and there, and that it was only logical for them to keep themselves up to date on what was happening. If only to offer advice or aid when it was necessary.

Between those months the Almaran Trading Company grew and their newest venture was Tatooine. See, this would sound strange to some, all were familiar with the grasp of Arceneau’s hand on the galactic trade. But the Alaran Trade Company survived and flourished because they sticked to their niche.

Which was planetary and local sector-trade rather than fully-fledged shipping back and forth the various great nations and corporations within the Galaxy.

There was marginally less money involved, but it ensured that nobody stepped on anyone’s toes.

The Almaran Trading Company’s efforts on Tatooine were centered around the Hurak Urt - roughly translated in Tusken for the Settlement of Light. A settlement next to a spacious oasis that was traditionally always used as a trading node and possible resting place for the traders/scavengers roaming the plains of Tatooine.

Trade happened here a plenty as it was situated favorably around the Arceneau compound, the starport of Mos Esley and the Dune Sea proper.

[member="Cerita Sarova"]

The bazaar was rather busy. Merchants and several tribes from along the Jundland wastes had gathered to sell their wares. In between this mess of patrons was one swaddled bedouin. Nothing but two black goggles for eyes, with swaths of beige and light hued fabric covering a helm and a metal rebreather.

With the sand getting everywhere, being bundled from head to toe in light airy clothing meant that one could stay cool while keeping most of the sand out. By all accounts, the petite figure had the look of a Tusken, were it not for the obvious Pebble drone rolling beside them and a lack of a gaffti stick. Instead, she had a large bostaff of sorts. Made of metal, customized.

One would believe it to be some small alien, male perhaps. There was nothing to detail its sex. However, it was clear that this particular individual had a list of items to shop for.

Wandering through the crowds, those goggles swung to one of the nearest booths.

Ah, here we go.

[member="Choli Vyn"]

It was a bustle of activity.

Shouts rose up in tandem with hands shaken or fists shook. It was a healty place of commerce, supported by the cool, frigid water of the oasis which never seemed to run out of water. The entire settlement seemed to be more at peace than others around Tatooine. The shouts were merry, the prices reasonable and every once in a while a buyer would just throw in a little bit more than was asked.

Unique. It wasn’t anything like you would see elsewhere, and as a Jedi Choli would probably figure out soon what the source of the tranquillity displayed. She might recognize the effect of a very strong nexus of the Lightside.

Behind the booth she was looking at where three Jawas currently mildly arguing about a piece of scavenged tech on the booth. It was a half-dismantled droid of some sort.

The utinis and other screeches in their language would make it fairly difficult to get a word in, but with some attempts, she would probably succeed.

[member="Cerita Sarova"]

This place was rather odd...

Something struck at Choli, but she couldn't quiet put her finger on it. However, the commotion ended up getting her attention.

It was a good thing that Choli understood the various dialects of jawaese. Their discussion wasn't too hard to translate.

"A beton nya mombay m'bwa!" <<This is mine, all mine!>>

"Tandi kwa!" << Give it back!>> The skinner one said as they struggled back and forth.

"Togo togu!" <<Hands off!>>

"Omu`sata! Mombay m'bwa!" << Shut up! That is mine!>>

A small snort of amusement managed to burst forth, enough for the pair to notice the newcomer. They managed to quit their comedy act in order to peer up at her.

"Utto nye usabia atoonyoba?" << Want to by a used droid?>>

Choli shook her head, gesturing to see what it was.

"Etee uwanna waa." << I want to trade.>> Choli's modulated voice said. What was that?

[member="Choli Vyn"]

The herd of Jawas looked at each other for a while.

Only shadows within their cloaks, but the amber lights that most other sentients assumed were their lights almost deepened in intensity once their avarice took hold and a deal was to be smelled.

"Bom'loo!" <<Bargain!!>> One of them shouted out, a choked out... almost giggley tune sounded next from him.

"Baa opawi kurruzza, ta..." <<It will need some repairs, but.>>

This in itself would have tipped off Choli that something different was afoot in this trading hub. It was practically unheard of that a Jawa didn't try to swindle their buyers somehow. Admitting that the droid wasn't in perfect state -- even when it was already disassembled partially -- was completely out of character.

Then again, it might not only be the Force Nexus pervasively smothering about.

"Tasala dakasi!" <<Good as new!>>

There were other things scattered about the table besides the droid, spare parts, a couple of ammo canisters and even a speeder engine leaning against one of the other tables farther down the shop.

[member="Cerita Sarova"]

Well, that was weird. Weird and odd enough for Cho to give a rather bemused expression under her swaddling mask.

Strange...

"Was Kurruzza?" << How much to repair?>> she asked, testing to see what they would say. If anything, Choli knew how to bargain, and when a Jawa was trying to get a bit too smart.

Sand crunched under her boots as the teenager neared to get a closer look at the Jungle Droid. Huh... this thing was huge. Maybe some form of defender droid? But unlike anything she'd ever seen.

The Jawa was right, it did need some repair. Choli wouldn't know how much unless she got into it.

" Mob un loo?" << how much?" the modulated voice asked, swiveling back to the Jawas. Curious, she began to inspect the rest of the spare parts.

[member="Choli Vyn"]

The Jawa huddled together after that first and second question.

Every once in a while one of them would peek out of the group, big amber disks staring out and towards Choli, before returning towards the huddle session. Most of it was too fast to catch with a lot of voices added into the mix, which didn't even take in account the odors they were sharing with each other to add nuance into the mix.

But eventually they seemed to come to an agreement.

"Hakisewa!!" << Thousand!! (Credits) >> One of them chirped out, before sharing a look with his companions who nodded fervently their agreement.

This... was a very reasonable sum, most of them would have started at ten times that amount, before haggling it down to maybe five-hundred if they were really desperate.

[member="Cerita Sarova"]

Choli was confused. That was a very reasonable sum. Truth be told, the haggling down actually was a bit of the fun part. But haggling down more would be rather... silly.

"Onnee ankka jo jabba neaa?" << what about for the speeder parts?>> she asked, her modulated voice pointing towards the stack. Just what was going on with this Jawa clan?

Testing to see if they would do the same in regards to the speederparts, Choli waited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom