Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public To Be A Sith...

To be a sith, is to be exactly what you want to be….

The slender hull of the LICV-1 Transport glinted in the distorted sunlight, where it rested. The gentle whisper of sand scattering across it echoed through its silent interior as Lina wrapped her head in a black scarf, eyes distant and unfocused as she recalled the words of her mother. Teachings passed down from the Empress Ashin Varanin.

To be a Sith is to find your own objectives and do anything, anything at all, to accomplish them…

R6 let out a low whistle. He was perceptive, for an astromech, understanding Lina's moods better than most. His slender arm extended, the black pyramid clutches in its claw. Her mother's holocron. She eyed it for a heartbeat and then accepted it. R6s arm retracted into the compartment from which it had extended, the door clicking quietly closed and he backed up in a respectful manner.

"Thank you, Six. Keep an eye on the sensors, I'll be a while." And affirmative beep came in response as she tucked the holocron into the folds of her cloak. Taking a breath, she reached for the landing ramp controls, flinching as the winds outside kicked sand into the ship. Adding it to the lost if things to deal with later, she compartmentalised, and disembarked into the Valley of the Dark Lords.

…To be a Sith Master is not to run away from everything that might be used against you, it's to face it and put it in its proper perspective…

It had been fifteen years since she had warned Sarge of her mother's plans to kidnap Mara Merrill and use her as a bargaining chip to get what she wanted from Mara's father… fifteen years since she had felt the presence of her mother's insanity and rage. She could recall the moment she felt her death with unwanted clarity, the rage that had followed and the overwhelming sense of being lost. Lina did not mourn Anaya Fen, she only mourned that the hand that killed her had not been hers. She walked through the Valley seemingly without purpose, reflecting while she opened herself up fully to the force, letting it guide her to the resting place she needed for the holocron.

…to be a Sith is to pursue whatever you want, knowing that you can put it aside if necessary…

Force whispers assaulted her, remnants of long dead Sith Lords seeking to lure or dissuade her. Broken statues glared at her as she passed, creatures shifted in the crevasses at the edge of her perception.

Lina remembered her first time here, she recalled the way her mother had drank in the potency of it, and how she had descended into a manic episode that had extended their simple educational visit, to weeks of agony for Lina. Anger rose in her, buzzing in the force like a kicked wasps nest and the Force Whispers became shouts, encouragement, commands to give in to her anger, to use it. Pathetic spirits, Lina shoved the memory aside but the buzzing anger remained.

…To be a Sith is to value things and people and states of being, exactly as much as you want to value them…

She wasn't sure how long she walked for, all she knew is that she stopped when the whispers did. The Dark Lords were still there, she could feel them watching, waiting. There was no great tomb, no marker, for Anaya Fen deserved none of these. Lina set her feet, extended her hands and began to split the earth in front of her, driving into with every ounce of fury she had. The deep cracks resounded in the valley and the whispers began again, excited, eager…hungry.

… and to be able to put them aside, even sacrifice them, when it is necessary.

When it was deep enough, Lina reached into the folds of her cloak and pulled out the holocron. It rose from her hand, mechanisms twisting as it opened, her mothers image appearing. It didn't speak, merely looked at her with the same mix of disappointment and hatred it always had. Lina had held on to her knowledge long enough. A gentle nudge shifted it over the small chasm she had created. Lina let it go, watching it plummet out of sight.

And with it her anger fell away, her shoulders slacked and she drew in a deep shuddering breath as she laid the final remnants of her mother to rot in her own hell. The whispers seemed to chase it, like a pack of hungry wolves over a fresh kill they descended upon it, and her. Hammering her mind with shouts, screams and laughter. Lina brought her hands together, closing the chasm with another resounding snap and smiled.

"Rot in hell, mother."

The sun was beginning to set as she began her slow walk back to the ship.

Lady Venge hadn't expected anyone else to be in the Valley Of The Dark Lords. She had come here seeking solitude near a potent source of Dark Side energy in order to meditate. The revelation that the Jedi Knight, Alex StormWolf had fallen prey to the Dark Side again, yet was still resisting the call to return to her side, left her feeling unbalanced. How could anyone possess a will that strong?

Mulling it over, Venge decided she would wait and see who else had ventured into the Valley. It'd been awhile since she'd met face to face with another Sith, having to stick to the fringes of events within the galaxy due to the price that the Emperor had placed on her head for daring to openly speak her mind.

"I wasn't expecting to meet anyone here," Venge said as the other Sith came into view. "Usually the Valley Of The Dark Lords is only occupied by the eternally restless spirits of Sith the likes of which the Galaxy shall never see again, or the occasional Tuk'ata."

TAG- Lina Djo Lina Djo

The cool cylinder slipped into her fingers the moment the woman spoke. Lina twisted carefully to face her, eyes taking in every detail from the twisting tattoos that adorned the pale skin of her exposed scalp, to the orange corruption that was so common among sith.

People did not startle Lina. The fact that this one did, was not a testament to their ability, but simply a stark reminder that Lina was far too consumed in her own thoughts and emotions. Had she seen what Lina had done? How long had she been here? She extended her senses in the force wrapping them around the woman seeking any shift in emotion, a hint of intent…was she an enemy or an ally?

All of this passed in Lina's mind in the space of a heartbeat, but her face remained stoic and impassive. "Likewise," she replied, still probing the force around her, assessing power ability. If this came to blows, who would win?

"It is a comfort to know that not all Sith have forgotten where they came from." The cylinder disappeared back into the sleeves of her cloak. "What brings you on the pilgrimage?"

Lady Venge Lady Venge

"I came here seeking balance. A most troublesome Jedi whom I've been keeping tabs on for a long, long time has succumbed to the Dark Side, and yet he still resists the call to come to his rightful place at my side," Venge answered. "It puzzles me how someone can possess a will that strong."

Venge paused for a moment, watching as the sun sank lower in the sky over the Valley Of The Dark Lords.

"Forgive me, I seem to be forgetting my manners," she said at long last. "I am Lady Venge, Sith Alchemist and
Sorcerer, and quite possibly the most wanted woman in the whole of the SIth Empire. Darth Empyrean didn't take too kindly towards me openly speaking my mind in his presence."

TAG- Lina Djo Lina Djo

Stupid, was the first word that came to Lina’s mind, swiftly followed by naïve. Who in their right mind introduced themselves, stating the bounty on their head to a complete stranger they met in the middle of the fething Valley of the Dark Lords?

Lina raised an eyebrow. “I see…” she began to walk, expecting Lady Venge Lady Venge to fall in step with her. “I have a few pieces of advice for you. The first; do not introduce yourself without first knowing who you are being introduced to. Second; never tell a stranger you are wanted. The third; If you want your Dark Jedi so badly,” she stopped and turned again to face Venge, “Then go and fetch him.” she extended a hand to shake.

“You may call me Miss Djo.”

Venge had to grin at the advice given as Lina Djo offered her hand to shake. It wasn't the first time someone had told her something similar.

"Sound advice, Miss Djo," Venge acknowledged as she shook Lina's offered hand. "I must confess however, that I have always loved to live dangerously. My late Master often told me that I lacked a sense of subtlety or tact. I sorely wanted to leave my mark upon the galaxy, instead of sitting in a dead citadel on an equally dead world in the Unknown Regions, waiting for the rest of the Sith Empire to burn itself out."

Venge paused just long enough to watch the sun sink below the horizon and twilight sit in over the valley.

"So, Miss Djo, may I be so bold as to ask what brings you to the Valley Of The Dark Lords?"

TAG- Lina Djo Lina Djo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom