Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private To Be A Sith

370d9lz.png

Apatros. Homeworld of Darth Bane. Alina never put too much into the importance of past Sith. Not that their lessons were worthless, just that if she wanted to become the strongest she couldn't worship the fallen as gods. They had their time, and they died. It was her duty to be someone stronger. But there was something about learning just where Bane came from. How he lived, how he learned to become Sith. What lead him to his decision to create the rule of two that had been abandoned as of late.

So she went to the mines, wandering through them aimlessly as she listened to the whispers of the Force. They would lead her to her destination and purpose for being here.

Axile was on Apatros as apart of his duties as the Minister of Architecture for Naboo. He was unaware of the planet's dark history. That it was once the homeworld of a Dark Lord of the Sith that was the progenitor to a lineage of Sith Lords which culminated in the destruction of the Jedi Order. Though he was aware of it's current ties to a sect of dark siders who operated within the Obsidian Order.

There was a facility here on Apatros where Thorn- made up of Sith, Dark Jedi, and other followers of the dark side- where they either convened for secret meetings, or for training. He had once attended such a meeting during his time in the Obsidian Order before he left to take up a role in public office for Naboo.

It was during his previous time in the Thorn facility that Axile became aware of Apatro's deposits of Cortosis: a rare metal alloy that could not be found anywhere else in the Galaxy. As the Minister for Architecture Axile wanted to survey the Confederacy's vast territory and learn what he could about the various elements, alloys or resources that he could use on Naboo for future projects.

With the awareness of Cortosis and it's various properties he found himself embedded deep in the mines of Apatros where he was conducting said survey with the help of an Astromech droid that he was brought along for the trip. Inside one of the shafts found in the cavern the droid was monitoring a probe that Axile had just launched into the shaft to get a reading on any vines of Cortosis that were found in the cave.

With this data he could calculate what he would require for the various idea that he had in mind, and then get into contact with the appropriate offices to make a requisition order for the Cortosis he would require. As Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru made her way through the caves she heard the beeping and booping of the Astromech (as it communicated to the probe) and felt through the Force an individual who held strength in it.

370d9lz.png

Interesting.

Alina hadn't expected to find another within the cave. Her approach was cautious, but she didn't bother to hide herself. Whomever Axile Volzap Axile Volzap was, she hadn't recognized him as an enemy. And certainly best not to make enemies of people just met. Once she was close enough to be seen she cleared her throat, announcing her own presence with her modulated voice.

"I didn't expect to see another here. Greetings. Are you here for the Cortosis as well?"

The survey would take hours to complete. Axile deduced that he could leave the cave, and return to the nearby settlement to find lodgings, before returning back to the cave to get the analysis report for the Cortosis vines in this part of the cave. However, as he was apart to collect his belongings, and set up a long range transmission so that he could keep an eye on the probe while he was away, he heard a voice come out of the darkness, and the first time- in a very long time- felt a tinge of fear.

"Me neither," Axile said calmly. He stopped collecting his things, and stood back up. Then he turned to where he thought the voice came from.

"I am looking for a vine of Cortosis. Are you with the Confederacy?"

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

370d9lz.png

"No." Alina's yellow eyes glowed faintly in the darkness around her as she stepped forward into the light Axile Volzap Axile Volzap had set up. She glanced him over curiously. An obsidian, then? She clicked her tongue in thought before she offered the man a fanged smile. He wasn't immediately on the defensive, so why should she immediately go on the offense?

"I am from the Sith Empire. I'm here to study Cortosis and it's effect on lightsabers."

The Sith Empire.

Three moons obscured by red light. A world is about to end.

"You are a long way from home," Axile conceded. With a tab on his wrist he linked the probe and set up a long range transmission to his chrono. They couldn't hear it digging away. It was a long way down into the crevice that Axile had sent it down into some hours ago. It was only out of hunger, and the desire for a drink that had made him want to leave the cave. But now he had encountered someone unexpectedly, and on top of it all...

"You must be Sith, then. I confess it has been a long time since I have been in the company of someone like yourself." He knew it was an oxymoron. Sith were never always the same. Similar in a lot of ways, but each different in their own respect. All individualistic in both their desires, and wants, which was the only source of similarity that they all shared.

Similarities that, if Axile were honest with himself, he too shared with the Sith.

Unfortunately, Axile was the most honest man in the Galaxy. At least... to himself.

They were smiling down at him. Happy with their work. With their victory. He begged them for mercy, and to his embarassing surprise, they gave him it. Humiliated. Left on a long, far flung rock on the edge of the Galaxy.

Exiled.

"I was just leaving. But if you want to claim this particular vine then, I am afraid, I can't let you."

370d9lz.png

Not a hint of emotion betrayed on her expression. She kept the calm smile, simply watching Axile Volzap Axile Volzap . How he acted, what he did. Her eyes narrowed slightly as he seemed to do something with his wrist. A comlink? Was he actually Confederacy then? Or was this, perhaps, a trap? It wasn't an easy thing for her to tell, especially with her inability to feel the emotions of those around her.

Though, he was just worried about her trying to take his vein?

"Worry not, I've no intention of taking that from you. There are other veins for me to explore, if I truly wished to. But as I said, I'm just here to study the effects of Cortosis on a lightsaber. I only plan to take a small amount, far less than you'd think." She chuckled lightly as she stepped past the man, heading deeper into the mine itself.

"Enjoy whatever it is you're leaving for. You can trust me." Alina certainly didn't even attempt to put up an air of trustworthiness for him. If anything, she sounded completely sarcastic. She was toying with him, as she would literally anyone else. Her yellow eyes glanced to him over her shoulder, the smug grin widening further.

Axile adjusted his body with the mysterious Sith as she stepped past him. There was something about that smile which reminded him of a group of people he hadn't seen in a long time. Men, women- and even children, sadly- that he would never see again. He realized, in the darkness of the cave, that he had been happy with the fact that he would never have to see those people again, and if things went according to plan, they wouldn't even exist by the time he had finished his work.

"You are really Sith?" Axile asked for confirmation.

370d9lz.png

Alina paused at the question. Slowly she tilted her head more, one eye clearly staring directly at Axile Volzap Axile Volzap . "Only fools pretend to be Sith in a galaxy that wants them slaughtered. And I am no fool. I am Alina. A pleasure to meet you, Obsidian." She cocked another grin before turning her head away. She brought up the hilt of her saber, igniting the red blade to illuminate the path forward she was planning to take.

"You seem curious. How can I help you?"

He watched as the woman paused to briefly contemplate his question. When he heard her response he almost laughed. A smile broke out over his face. He couldn't help it.

"Yes. You have my curiosity. Only fools pretend to be Sith, eh? And you say the entire Galaxy wants to kill you, right?" His smile faltered. "If I had that many people wanting to end my life then I wouldn't tell others." Turning his body and gesturing down the cavern that Alina had just come from he asked: "If you want to help me then why not come back with me? I have a lot of questions, and perhaps I can find answers from you. It will be worth your trouble. If I excavate enough Cortosis I can give you a share. What do you say?"

The last question was rhetorical. He figured it was a good deal, and perhaps, he would install some curiosity in her too. Axile didn't believe in co-incidences. He had lived far too long to know that such things do not happen by accident. He figured that for some unknown reason (and a reason that he guessed he would never find out as to why it happened in the first place) that the Force had brought him and this woman together.

What Axile did believe in was fate. Destiny. As he walked down the cavern he wondered how this encounter would end, and where it would bring them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom