Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private To a brighter tomorrow

lTNakA.png
5FyIUx.png

Tagging: Liin Terallo Liin Terallo

When one spoke about galactic companies you conjured the image of vast towers of metal and glass that dominated the skyline of planets such as Corellia or Coruscant. The vast industrial centres that had dominated the history of the galaxy, fostering competition and innovation in equal measure. Planets where captains of industry schemed and fought, trying their level best to find a gambit, a product that would allow them to step above their competition, even eking out a small lead in the game of money that dominated their entire lives.

You didn’t think about a green gem-like Naboo, a planet where plant life and water features dominated the landscape instead of concrete and glass. Where no building was constructed higher than 5 stories and the towering skyscrapers of Kuat and Corellia, and the vast warrens of Coruscant seemed like something out of a twisted nightmare. It was a planet you could breathe on, a planet that pulsed with life and contentment.

It was the planet that John had made a home, settling the main offices of Locke and Key Mechanics there. It had been an unusual move, the largest company in the galaxy choosing to tear itself away from the galactic industrial heartland of the core, settle on a planet known for its agriculture and tourism, not for its industry of research. Yet, it had worked, stealing away experienced employees, those with families looking for a better quality of life.

There had been a time when John had used his offices as another showroom, obsessed with proving that he was the best, that his products were superior to any out there. The businessman had built ultramodern offices filled with droids and electronics, an in your face exhibition of the best that Locke and Key Mechanics had to offer. He'd found time had changed everything, as the primacy of Locke and Key Mechanics had been established John's attitude had mellowed. He no longer felt the need to shout out his capabilities to the galaxy. He no longer had anyone to impress, had gone from the man shouting into the storm to the giant atop of the hill. The offices had undergone a similar change, gone was the ultramodern stylings of the original offices. Metal and glass had been replaced with wood and leather, soft rugs and natural light, gone too were the droids and overt shows of technology, instead it was a human receptionist who smiled at Liin as she was led through the bustling offices.

True to form, the dark-haired cyborg was wrapped up in his work, holographic screens deployed all around him as he transferred data from screen to screen with small hand movements, lost in a world on numbers and statistics. It wasn’t until the receptionist had coughed discreetly into their hand that he looked up, startled out of his own little world by the sound.

“Ahh, Ms Terallo. My apologies it just never stops, you know how it is.” A flapping hand dismissed the screens as he stood, stepping around the desk to offer her his hand. “A pleasure to finally meet you.”

5FymVN.png

brigitte-helm-3.jpeg

My excursion into the Core is not a long one. This is but a test for me, set upon my by my Mother and Father; as well as the Board of Directors. My responsibilities were simple; to give New Cov and the New Cov Biomolecule Company a voice in the Galaxy. Doing so will help to regain stability in the Churba sector that was left to fend for itself after the disolving of many of the Galaxy's superpowers.

New Cov's history is rife with tales of invasion, raids and siege. And what were they all after? The culprit is one of the smallest objects in the Galaxy. Biomolecules. Our scientists say that they cannot be synthesized or found anywhere else. And the uses of biomolecules range from medicinal to militaristic in nature.

This is what probably drew Mr. Locke to agree to this meeting. It is my last before I am scheduled to go home.

I enter his office with two of my staff accompanying me, although they keep a respectable distance behind me. Already I can see that Mr. Locke is distracted with his work and that does not bother me at all. I am raised in the belief that work always comes first.

I give the man a genuine smile, extending my hand to be enveloped in his. "Quite alright, Mr. Locke. And the pleasure is all mine. Thank you for taking the time. I promise not to steal you away from your work for too long."

Tag: John Locke John Locke

"Please, don't worry about that, if I'm honest it'll do everyone some good to have to figure out their problems for themselves for once instead of just passing everything up the chain for me to deal with."

It wasn't that John was particularly controlling, at least no more so than any other corporate titan, but ever since the accident all those years ago he'd made himself a promise to never put his people in danger again. To never use inferior materials or to make shoddy products again, he'd been desperate once before to establish his company, to find the contracts and connections that would allow him to claw out of the sea of minor companies that were spread like a sea across the galaxy.

He'd gone back to the drawing board after that, after the factory burnt down, someone else's product, their contracts and material, his haste to complete an order. Locke and Key would never match the production of some companies that churned out product, but that wasn't what they did, superior products made with superior materials.

Which brought them here. The lady in front of him was the key to some of those materials, to the biomolecule that would allow him to branch into a whole different field, to bush the edge in ways that wouldn't have been an option otherwise.

"Please, take a seat."

A hand gestured to one of the chairs settled in front of the desk before John lowered himself back into his chair, hands resting on the table in front of him entwined together.

"Can I get you anything to drink? Anything to eat? I'd hate to be a poor host."

Liin Terallo Liin Terallo

Delegation was key. That is what I am taught. Afterall one cannot be expected to do everything themselves, otherwise no one else will be capable of doing their own job.

I am quite aware that I need not comment on such a thing myself. Instead I take an offered seat. I nod my head in thanks and smile at the welcoming over. "Some wine, if you do not mind. However if none is available at hour than some tea would suffice." To me it feels later in the day than it is, but I am the one that has travelled. Time zones are a fickle thing!

I keep my poise tall in my seat. I do not slouch. For me that is unnatural and lazy. I fold my hands on my lap and cross my feet at the ankles, tucking them out of sight and underneath my chair.

"I do find your holographic displays to be quite advanced. Moreso than what we have on New Cov. Are they difficult to use?" High tech was one of our most major import and what I had seen here minutes earlier has intrigued me. I can inagine that my Father would be fascinated by it.

Tag: John Locke John Locke

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom