Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[TLM] "Ascension" [Silver Jedi]

Rear of the temple

Reaching what seemed to be another group, I threw one of my sabers to boomerang at three men cutting limbs off as It came back to my hand just in time for a Twin Strike. Cutting a man in pieces. I then pushed a man with the force like a bowling ball into a set of men. With was promptly followed by a throw of my saber to the chandelier above them for it to fall and crush all of them. I turned to two allies, [member="Asaak Tey"] and an Apprentice that looked like an Angel had come to fight for the Children. [member="Ilanthria"] I believe her name was. Still I nodded my head to them.

"A Freighter it out in the back garden waiting for you. Hes a Scientist for the Rangers, Give him the call sign, Gold Thunder to let him know who you are. [member="William Trager"] You hear me right? Golden thunder and take them away from here." I had a small vision of a blaster bot smacking into one of the children. And with a sudden movement My saber lashed out to deflect the blaster bolt before the vision could become true. "GO! I'll cover both of you!"

Connor watched [member="Xander Carrick"] take to the rear of the Temple and nodded at his request to carry the rest of the Jedi forward.

"Watch yourself Xander, they attack from all directions!"

Slightly feeling out of his own depth, he had only been training for a while under the Order, and while he had his own power and technique, never before had it been required for him to lead others and create a stronghold to defend fellow allies.

But this was his destiny; his calling. He relished it. He held his lightsaber behind his head and stretched out his hand before him, calling on the Force to kick up a curtain of debris and bodies across the path of the advancing Gormaks, creating another obstacle for them to tend with and detract their assault.

"[member="Ace Thrakish"] - can you flank them on the advance? We need to start to cut their advance."

He looked back towards the Temple and his allies as the rain fell harder.

"[member=Dalur], [member=Yinch] - press forward with me! It's time to push them back!"

Connor looked back out towards the murky battlefield and felt the confrontation in Light and Dark before them with [member="Iella E'ron"] and [member="Rasu Gan"]....and his own Master, [member="Sochi Ru"].

Master Ru...fight this. Fight them! I need you. We all need you...

[member="Asaak Tey"] [member=Ilanthria] [member="William Trager"] [member=CHANI]

Another reply. "Got that [member="Xander Carrick"] " William confirmed, his eyes scanning the area as he awaited their arrival. A strangle feeling bugged William, like he could sense the danger of the situation the temple was currently in. Now's not the time for superstition. He thought, focusing on keeping a lookout. William's Astromech droid wheeled to the top of the ramp that William stood on, beeping and spinning its head. "I know it's getting bad, but we gotta help these people. It's... just right..."

[member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Asaak Tey"] [member="Ilanthria"]

Dalur

In time all foul things come forth
Dalur heard Connor's rally, and nodded in reply. His lightsaber raised, the Rodian charged forward engaging more of the foul creatures. Despite his lesser training compared to the Jedi around him, Dalur was impressed by his performance so far. Whether or not it was because of the simplistically brutal attacks of these creatures being rather easy to avoid was irrelevant to him now, as he was holding his own without an injury or scratch. Yet... All of his youngling training flooded around his mind, deflecting training bolts and slicing dummies had been boring for Dalur as he preferred his connection and use of the force over his lightsaber, yet he now realised its importance. Despite his assurance of skill, he couldn't help but feel something negative around him, something dark...

[member="Connor Harrison"]

CHANI

She took the question as a plea to seek aid, after-all she was not all powerful and was unable to push her body anymore to the point of exhaustion, she had much to learn and at this moment believed caution would be best. The Kiffar struggled to the medbay and laid in the diagnostics bed, falling unconscious as a medical droid attended her doing what it could for her mangled countenance. While she closed her eyes Chani dreamt of Voss' dark heart, what she had experienced with Master Rasu and the danger seemed to be on the Temple's doorstep. Dreaming she hovered over a confrontation between Master Iella, Gan and Ru. There was so much going on around them, Chani's vision had trouble depicting everything unfold.

It seemed [member="Ilanthria"] and Asaak were well-matched, more proficient with the Force than a saber. Regardless, Asaak combined both to defend the younglings until they found a single moment of peace. Her senses told her they had only seconds of quiet before another wave would find them (where were they all COMING from?!) but she used it to nod at her fellow Padawan’s words, a sad expression wiping across her features for just a moment. “I’ve seen it with my own eyes,” she said, confirming Ilanthria’s senses.

The fact that she refused to believe that [member="Sochi Ru"] was lost forever went unspoken.

Another wave of Gormak broke through, their gnashing teeth and horrible stench invading all her senses as she worked with Ilanthria to protect the children. This would not work forever – they were holding their own but it was only a matter of time before their opponents got smart and sent numbers too large to hold off their way. They needed an out, and as if on cue [member="Xander Carrick"] burst through.

She nodded at his instructions, looking to her partner. “Ilanthria, I’ll take the head of the group if you can defend them from the back,” she said, working with the angel-woman to herd the children in to a formation. She kept her voice even, encouraging them through their fear. Today they would see that if they let their emotions glide past them like water, were not controlled by fear, anger, pain…they would survive, and they could help each other survive. Ilanthria seemed highly skilled at calming the children, coaching them in using the Force to protect themselves further, and she was grateful.

Xander was – of course – true to his word and the group escaped that hallway unscathed. Asaak worked to remove a few prowling Gormak along the way but they made it to the gardens almost without incident. Strange.

Upon seeing the freighter she sprinted forward. This must be the man Xander spoke with over his comm, [member="William Trager"]. “Golden thunder!” she shouted without thought, and perhaps in other circumstances she might have laughed at the random exclamation. But she couldn’t, not as she turned to help the children board, reassuring words escaping her again. She looked to Trager as the last of the younglings boarded, relief for their sake in her eyes. “The Order owes you a great debt,” she said, hoping she might get the chance to speak with the man again. “But I need to stay, I need to defend the Temple,” she said, thinking not only of protecting the place they’d worked so hard and for so many good reasons to call home, but also her Master, her friends, and all those fresh faces that had gathered to their cause.

She looked to Ilanthria to see if she might stay with the children. One of them should, and if Ilanthria preferred to defend the Temple Asaak would of course board the ship and accompany the children in her stead.

As the duo of Jedi padawans left. I stayed at the doors that led to the back gardens. To answer the question, The Gormak were flanking the temple. With most of them at the front, Who I had left [member="Connor Harrison"] to be in charge should I take the back where they would be more experienced and have more weapons to deal with, I allowed Connor to lead the front. First of all, if we won or lost the battle, he would be credited for alot in leading people in the mass attack. While I would maybe be credited for leading the charge, I had come back to the rear of the temple to attack and seal off the back of the temple.

I pointed to the doors and spoke a single word command, "Grata" In the Arkananian language for stay. And the War beasts stayed at the door to stop all that came through. But should a Jedi come by with the same code word, she would be allowed to pass. Sending a Telepathic image of the twin Warbeasts to both [member="Asaak Tey"], and [member="Ilanthria"] should they come back to give them some warning of who was there. I then spoke to K my Proxy droid.

"Come with me, We need to staunch the flow of Gormak." As an answer K activated a double bladed red lightsaber that I had gotten from a dead sith a while back. We both ran to the rear of the Temple and stopped before the main rear foyer.

I looked around the corner to see a few dozen Gormak with what looked to be a shipment of Explosives. using only my Gold lightsaber, I charged in. Cleaving the first man in half for this minor battle.

All while I could feel the confrontation that was taking place between the Titans of the force, [member="Iella E'ron"], [member="Rasu Gan"], and [member="Sochi Ru"]. I only hoped that they could fix this and still allow everyone we possibly could to be alive.

William turned his head quickly, seeing and acknowledging the code word. Standing on the edge of the ramp, he allowed the younglings on and clearly expected [member="Asaak Tey"] to join them on ship. "Understandable. I'll keep the little ones safe." He smiled, almost rushing behind the group to get everyone on the ship, but turning before he was just out of sight to add one last thing to Asaak. "Oh and erm, May the force be with you." Always wanted to say that He thought to himself cheerily, but then regained his seriousness as he led the younglings to a multitude of seats for their stay on his ship. Once they were all safely seated, William went to the cockpit, readying his ship for take off. "One of you Jedi coming?" His voice came over the comms to Asaak and [member="Ilanthria"]

She felt her body meet resistance; an invisible resistance. She, or it wanted so badly to harm the one it attacked, and fueling its anger was the only result from its strike being halted. It turned its head to view another, one powerful enough to become another vessel if this body was to give. It smiled, and immediately put on the facade of the one they knew so dear,

"Wow, Rasu where have you been? I've been looking all over the place for you. I'm so glad you could join us, me and... then it struggled to remember the name of the blonde haired woman, "Ie..Iella! Me and her were just having some friendly conversation." surely if these women knew Sochi, they would recognize that her entire personality had changed.

From within the Jedi Master watched, and her body was still in the process of being consumed. It started to walk, taking slow step after step towards Rasu. It could hear all over the voices from the Silver Jedi. They called for their comrade, but there was something else present now.

Her movements sounded mushy due to the landscape being consumed by the rain, blaster fire still reigned all over and sounds of lightsabers could be heard off into the distance.

[member="Rasu Gan"]
[member="Iella E'ron"]
@Everyone Else

"[member=Dalur], my friend, you fight well - watch your flank and push forward with me, we are edging them back!"

Connor raised his hand back and brought another large slab of pillar over their heads and forward into the Gormaks. It would help or hinder, but for now it was active cover and a way to break their numbers.

While the presence of the fellow Silver Jedi, such as [member="Xander Carrick"] leading evacuation from the rear with [member="Asaak Tey"] and [member=Ilanthria], and dear [member=CHANI] in serious need of aid, Connor still felt their Order was strong in will and numbers.

The mighty push from [member="Ace Thrakish"] was a sweeping hand in this game and one Connor couldn't help but grin at; he felt this battle was theirs.

However the rain was bearing down hard and he desperately needed to find those locked in battle - [member="Sochi Ru"], his Master, [member="Rasu Gan"] and [member="Iella E'ron"]. They were a family, and right now they needed help and he prayed any of them could be saved.

Master Gan, Master E'ron - where are you - tell us; we are here for you. Your Order is here...

Turning his head, the commanding soldier would avert his attention from the battle, to [member="Connor Harrison"], though only briefly. The situation was dire, the Gormak's numbers never fading away, simply continuing their assault non-stop. Lifting an arm slightly, he would wave it in plain sight of his troops, aiming to get their focus. Now extending his arm, the man would point along the temple's front wall, signalling for his men to move out. "If you can create a distraction, we'll attempt to make it along the side and around un-noticed. He would say, peaking over top to once again unleash a volley of blaster bolts. He did not want to make it seem as if they were planning something. "Keep it casual, continue your fire! Conserve your ammo!" Ace would command to his soldiers, hoping that they would listen carefully.
Quietly and covertly, the sniper apart of Ace's team known as Picker would begin to pack up his large sniper rifle, folding it back into it's carrying case. He would be the first to make his move, darting from his current position high up near the temple's entrance, to the ground below. Landing with a thud, he would break out into a sprint, attempting to use the enviroment to his advantage, to remain hidden as the loan sniper tried to flank.

Ilanthria looked at each of the children. She saw the fear and uncertainty on all of their faces. They would be safe. She could feel the turmoil still inside the temple. "Go with Asaak, children. She will guide you." The smallest padawan ran up and hugged her waste. It was a little Twi'lek girl named Careal, one of Ilanthria's favorite companions. "But Miss Ilanthria, what if you get hurt?" The girl whimpered, tears streaming down her face. Ilanthria hugged her. "Worry not, dear one. I am needed here to ensure that others do not get hurt. It is my duty to my family. To you. Now, be a good girl. Go with the others. You'll come back when its safe." Reluctantly, Careal released her and rejoined the group. Ilanthria turned to [member="Asaak Tey"] . "Make sure to project a soothing aura around them. So many have been traumatized this day."
[member="Xander Carrick"]
[member="William Trager"]

Asaak nodded, giving [member="Ilanthria"] a smile just as [member="Xander Carrick"]'s message of his war beasts flashed across her mind. "Of course - may the Force be with you Ilanthria," she said, turning to head up the ramp, the thought of [member="William Trager"]'s little quip lightening her heart for just a moment.

Strange - only a week or so ago she had been playing with Maya's child, discovering a love for children she didn't know she had, and now it was going to come in to great use. She moved to where William had seated all the younglings, moving to grab a seat and curling her legs up on it. She could feel William's presence in the cockpit not far from them, her montrals providing her input on his movements. First, she needed to make sure the children were calm and attended to. She did not have the easy, soft-spoken manner of the children's well-known companion but she was still unendingly kind.

"We've left the planet but our work isn't done," she said softly, giving them a reassuring smile as she brought Ilanthria's advice to life. "You are all gifted with the Force - it is your friend, and it will remain so your entire life if you let it. Let it come now - imagine it as a wave, covering all of us. Calm, serenity...think of something that brings you peace," she said, feeling herself slip closer to the center by example.

[member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Sochi Ru"] [member="Xander Carrick"] [member="Ace Thrakish"]

R3 beeped to let William know Asaak was on board and everything was ready. The ramp entrance to the ship closed and The Oblivion lifted off in seconds towards the atmosphere. Once they were off the planet, William sighed with relief and began making his way to the room where [member="Asaak Tey"] and the younglings were. Silently, he watched as they followed Asaak's reassurance and guidance. He didn't understand much about the force, but it seemed to be calming these kids down. With the ship safely in space, William took a seat out of the way and watched as the Jedi calmed the children down.

[member="Ilanthria"]

((The thread seemed to die, so I'll be jumping in? If you'll have me, in an attempt to revive it. I've been reading through and lovin' what I've read. Be a shame if it ended without a finish.))

---------------------------

RookiesPreview_1224800683.jpg

Medical Facility
Ten levels below Voss.
Sixth Battalion - Juliet Company

Commander May stood at the closing of the blast doors. To his left stood two troopers from Juliet Company. The Z-6 rotary blaster peppered the Gormak's as they charged. Fist sized holes punched through their flesh at one-hundred-and-sixty-six shots per second. It was a devastating weapon of destruction, one of which the Sixth Battalion had few of. But they were defending their general. Heck, if they had to, they'd fight the enemy with spoons to save his sorry arse. Thankfully, this was not that day. That didn't make this day any better. The blast doors slam shut, holding off the incoming wave of Gormak's for now. But there would be more, a lot more. He could hear the thumping of their fists against the door, and soon blaster fire. It'd take a lot more than that to get through that door. A terrified soldier of Fireteam Pool came barreling down the hall. May halted him there and then in his footsteps, appraising him. May asked "Where's the rest of your platoon?"
"Wasted, Commander. And we will be, too, sir, if we don't get the hell outta here!"
May reached forward, clasping his shoulder tightly, "You hit, trooper?"
"N-no, Sir."
"Then listen up!" he shouted. He regarded his men cooly, "You had your chance to be afraid before you joined my beloved Corps. But to guide you back to the true path, I brought this motivational device. Usually the good Lord works in mysterious ways. But not today! This here is sixteen kilo's of blaster-spewing dee-vine intervention! If victory is love, then you can call me Cupid!" He took a breath, nodding his head to the female trooper with the rotary blaster. "Mia here is gonna blow up any inhuman-son-of-a-dog dumb enough to get between her and General Hallu!" He tightened his grip on the soldiers shoulder, "When I joined the Corps, we didn't have any fancy-shmancy chain guns. We had sticks! Two sticks, and a rock for the whole platoon - and we had to share the rock! Buck up, boy, you're one very lucky Trooper! Now, pull yourself together, because you're going with her!"

[member="Xander Carrick"]
[member="Connor Harrison"]

Connor knelt behind his cover; the makeshift mound of broken pillar. The fight had ceased in intensity, but now it was a battle of endurance. Lucky shots being taken, dangerous explosives ranged towards the enemy. Who would make the first error and who would get the upper hand?

Beside him was [member="Dalur"] still, weary but holding position.

He hoped that [member="William Trager"] and [member="Xander Carrick"] had found the others at the rear of the Temple.

But still the question remained: fight, or take flight? He still hadn't heard anything from the 3 titans locked in confrontation in the cusp of good and evil...that would be the decider of how the battle would turn.

Debris flew over his dirty, smoke stained faced and his deactivated lightsaber hilt was there ready for the next strike - he was holding out for the chance to move once more and take a decisive strike should he see an opening.

[member="Asaak Tey"] [member="Ilanthria"] [member="Ace Thrakish"] [member="Hasjo Hallu"]

Rear of the Temple
In battle.

K had taken her lightsaber from the mid section of one of the Gormak and picked up another to literally throw him. How she did that, I have no clue. The Warbeasts were clawing and teething their way through the group. using fire here and there to light a few on fire. While I myself used a Lightsaber to cleave my third person in half. I threw my saber at a group, getting three men with their heads off as it came back to me, and when I finally got to the end, there were only 4 gormak left who had their hands up.

I shook my head and dispatched them with a hand wave. letting the Warbeasts take care of them.

I turned to the pile of explosives that they were intent on setting up. I looked to K. Taking out a Sonic Servodriver, I scanned it for any working mechanical parts and whatever else. Showing me that it was armed, but not counting down. And from here, I had to figure out how to disarm it.

Oh hell.

[member="Connor Harrison"], [member="Hasjo Hallu"], [member="William Trager"], [member="Asaak Tey"], [member="Ilanthria"]

May motioned with his hand, ordering the retreat, "You heard her, boys! Pull back!" There was only five of them now, where there had been forty. The padding footfalls was drowned out by the constant firing of the Z-6 Rotary Blaster. The Gormak's had broken through the blast doors, now playing a game of cat and mouse. Juliet Company was spread thin throughout the halls as the wave of bogies came crashing down upon them. May was now standing outside the door that housed the injured general. A viewport allowed him to see into the room, an armoured figure lay in rest. Mia propelled herself around the corner, dragging the massive blaster cannon with her. She was coated in blood, and not her own. May hailed over his comm link, "14th Platoon, rendezvous with 22nd Tactical at bulkhead Charlie 14. Reserve Combat Teams on decks Five through Nine, fall back to secondary defensive positions!"
"Commander" Mia shouted at the him. The sound of thunderous footsteps were chasing them down the hall. The enemy would soon be upon them. Commander May turned to give them a look of determination, "Men...keep your eyes down range, fingers on your triggers, and we all go home in one piece." The enemy rounded the corner in their dozens. Mia tightened her finger on the trigger, unleashing hell. The enemy were climbing over the corpses of their fellows just to get to them, blaster fire was being returned. One of them took Mia in the shoulder and she went down with a heavy, meaty thud. May knew it was over, he pulled his wrist to his mouth. "All hands, this is the Commander. Prepare to abandon the facility. Combat Teams, repel boarders until Ops personnel are away. Good luck. May out." He glanced up, seeing that they were only meters away. There wasn't enough time for him to flee. He created an open communication link to those on the surface "The medical facility has been overrun. Repeat. The medical facil-" He felt something powerful slam into him. His back slapped against the metallic floor. A boot came crashing down over his helmet, and everything turned to black.

@[member="Xander Carrick"]
@[member="Connor Harrison"]

It seem that Maya had came out of no where, as she run throw the halls cheeking each room. Then helping with the removing as much could from the healing rooms. Even so a lot of the staff under the watchful eyes of the Masters there could only carry so much. Placing her own leather skin bag. Went running light on her feet out to see what she could do taking up arms beside her fellow jedi. Her yellow lightsaber that use to be her mother was out she was wearing her battle warrior Akk scales. Looking at Xander as if she had been in the temple the whole time, she knew that since the others had gotten to the back of the temple to cover their butts. Giving him a wink to Xander as she leave the cheese out as they was getting shoot at. Xander, have we set up medical statation yet, or whats the situation. Looking over at Connor give him a quick side wink.

@Connor Harrison, @Hasjo Hallu, @William Trager, @Asaak Tey, [member="Xander Carrick"]

Ilanthria gave Xander a soft smile. "I thank you for coming to our aid, Xander," She said to him. Then, she made her way to the healing rooms. Inside, hundreds lied on cots or on the ground. Some were being tended to, while others were moaning in pain. She immediately bent down to a soldier in front of her. He had a horrible burn on his leg, and he was moaning loudly. She took his hand, giving him a gentle smile. "Stay calm, dear one. All is well..." As she said this, she focused herforce energy on his wounds and began to heal them.
Connor Harrison, Hasjo Hallu, William Trager, Asaak Tey, Xander Carrick

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom