Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Titans of the Federation

Stellaris: MegaCorp - Paradox Interactive

tf-site-header.png
D I R E C T O R

The Trade Federation of Planets had thrived since the fall of the New Imperial Order - Empire all those years ago, having extended their reach to every corner of the known galaxy through skillful manipulation of market trends and integrating themselves so heavily into every galactic superpower currently reigning over the galaxy.

Although that is not to say that the process has been entirely smooth with the Federation having to deal with the Droid Rights Movement, the Skako Incident, and increasingly hostility within the Federal Assembly since the Tithe Administration was removed from political power costing the corporate bloc substantial numbers.

Despite these challenges, the Directorship Board of the Federation has managed to profit from the Mandalorian-Alliance Conflict, the Sith Empire Campaigns, and many regional conflicts. Although none of this would have been possible without the expertise and financial genius of the Federation's Founder and First Director, Gat Tambor who had mysteriously disappeared until now.

Informants on Skako had alerted the current holder of the Director title, that Gat Tambor had been seen and so there was no time to waste when the Federation's future was at stake. Taking a shuttle through the formidable defenses arrayed around the ecumenopolis to one of the myriad of artificial gardens and private spaces with which to talk business. A protocol droid had sent a direct message to Gat Tambor Gat Tambor to convene at the Roof Garden 6061 near the upper market district.

"AWEROROEOEORR....Director Tambor - it is good fortune to see you still alive. I'm sure you must be eager to learn how much the Trade Federation of Planets has thrived since your unexpected absence."

The Skakoan said adjusting the suit module to prevent further squealing and squeaking of the mechanisms, as the First Director came into view.

Last edited:

X X I I : T H E _ G A L A X Y
DIRECTOR
TRADE FEDERATION

Rulonom Laborr Rulonom Laborr

Years in isolation. Since the onset of the waning days of the New Imperial Order, Gat Tambor had...disappeared. A very, hand select few knew of his whereabouts as his corporations continued operation in his wake. The Technoid Manufactorum, Kuat Entralla and of course...the Trade Federation all continued business with their various boards of directors slowly taking more and more control away from the indisposed Gat. His personal holdings, Technoid and Kuat Entralla seemed to retain him as Foreman and Director respectively but the Trade Federation was far too large and ambitious an organization to continue onward with its leader in the void.

He was never all too far. Skako. His home and the place from whence he was exiled in his young adulthood, he returned. It was within the foggy depths of the planet's lush worlds that he set on a psychedelic journey. It wasn't supposed to last as long as it did, but almost thirty years later he re-emerged. The droids set to stand sentry around his hovel set on administering a beacon that allowed for a shuttle to collect him.

It wasn't long after he'd gotten his facilities about him that he received the summons from his successor. His face was uncharacteristically bare, free from the respirator as he took a long draw from a hookah fixed to the carrying deck of an astromech droid at his flank. When he heard the characteristic whirr of a Skakoan atmospheric suit, he lofted a brow, slowly turning to Rulonom.

Gat's characteristic beady eyes looked the man over with an innate skepticism in his feature. "Who...are you?" He asked outright.

tf-site-header.png
D I R E C T O R

As Gat Tambor Gat Tambor emerged, a significant exchange of looks passed between them, almost silently
analyzing each other for strengths and weaknesses. There was little sign of trust between them which was understandable given the nature of the Trade Federation of Planets as the Directorship Board advanced ahead to appoint a new Director to oversee them given Tambor's disappearance and isolation from the galactic stage.

Armored googles stared deep into
reptilian eye sockets, which was unusual considering that Skakoans concealed themselves behind armored suits with even Laborr being unable to resist the urge to stay hidden beneath the mask despite being able to breath the atmosphere of Skako.

As Tambor moved to speak, he was immediately asked a single question about his identity. Rulonom had not been present during the formation of the Trade Federation of Planets, so it was no surprise that his name and background were unknown to him.

"Rulonom Laborr, Your Successor as Director of the Trade Federation." He replied to meet the
skepticism - Skakoans after all were pragmatic and logical so it was not fit to explain the reasoning behind the appointment merely that the Directorship Board has chosen a new figurehead in Tambor's absence.

"Let's move on from pleasantries, I'm sure you have many inquires." The conversation moved on.

Last edited:

DIRECTOR
TRADE FEDERATION

He was silent...eerily so for several moments after the man briefly explained the answer to Gat's question. Wordlessly, he plucked the hookah from the clutch of the astromech to take another puff of it as he appraised the man in his eyes. He had been replaced. He couldn't have truly expected anything else, though he had resurrected the Trade Federation, he could not have reasonably expected it to operate without choosing another figurehead in his absence, as shadowy an individual he was regardless.

"Several..." He stated outright, the faint hovering of his atmo suit whirring to life as his violet, ornate patterned robe fluttered with passing as he grasped the respirator from a nearby table. He clasped it over his features with a low inhale of the methane.

"AWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRR- Then tell me...Director...what have you done to make the Federation better?" He asked outright.

"When I had last played shepherd to the Federation, the standard credit was the trade currency of the Galaxy's largest powers...we controlled the Galaxy's largest drive yards and had a choke hold over the Hydian Way. No parcel, no cargo passed through it without paying toll to the Federation...and our subsidiaries were at the bleeding edge of technological innovation. And now...what?" He asked, lofting a brow.

tf-site-header.png
D I R E C T O R

"And now...sufficient advancement." He replied following up the leading sentence with a direct answer, glancing over to Gat Tambor Gat Tambor as the signature mask was reintegrated onto his reptilian features to mask them once more. Tambor had proved instrumental in building the Trade Federation of Planet's influence across the known galaxy and the list of achievements were exactly as he said they were, the Standardized Credit had been the currency of the galaxy's foremost superpowers, they controlled the mightiest of shipyards and had a stranglehold of the Hydian Way.

"The Trade Federation has achieved significant gains across the known galaxy, securing the assistance of House Rist and their top-tier assassins. Implemented a fresh currency, the Outer Rim Duggot, to address the shortcomings of the Standardized Credit, which is now being utilized in the Outer Rim Territories and will soon expand to the Mid Rim Territories."

"Successfully established a significant presence in the newly reformed Corporate Sector, by collaborating with reputable individuals. Securing a position on the Directorship Board of the Sith-Imperial Banking Clan, which allows us to seamlessly integrate into the Sith Empire's economy, granting us unrestricted access to their lucrative and untapped markets. Furthermore, we have strategically laid down the foundation to establish a formidable economic stronghold in the Empire of the Lost - aiming to recover a portion of our previous imperial investments."

"Designed and produced a myriad of new technologies for the Galactic Alliance, such as Triumph Class A-601 Main Battlecruiser, BSD Hammerhead Class B Cruiser, LL-33 Defensive Satellite Arrays, Bippina Class Dreadnought Battle Cruiser, and even expanded into the Mandalorian Market with the development of the Bulwark Mark V Class Battle Cruiser."

"Introduced to the Galactic Market, the galaxy's most advanced shielding system - the XX4-LL33 Techtonic Deflector Shield System Array. Constructed the largest intergalactic trade and commerce station the, Meniium-Scrani Industrial Station which trades untold trillions of credits at any one point in time."

The Director meticulously detailed every single technological innovation and progress that the Trade Federation of Planets had accomplished following Tambor's vanishing from the Galactic Stage. His intention was to leave no room for doubt regarding the reasons behind the Directorship Board's selection of him as the new representative.

Last edited:

DIRECTOR
TRADE FEDERATION

His beady, reptilian eyes widened at the mention of the 'Sith Empire'. Last he recalled, there was no Sith Empire. The New Imperial Order which he'd bankrolled, funded and currency controlled alongside the Galactic Alliance to which he'd...done the exact same thing. The Sith were one of few Galactic entities alongside the disgraceful perversion of his great dream that was the Confederacy of Indepdent Systems...both of which collapsed under his watch.

He seemed to pace away as the man rattled off the Trade Federation's accolades in his absence. He was...impressed, but a bit offended at the direction that the conglomerate had taken.

"The intent...the aim...is all correct. But you do business with rather...unscrupulous individuals." He admitted candidly.

"The Sith Empire...if you refer to the same Zambrano rump state in hiding...was the very first among which I had conducted business with as Director of the resurgent Federation. Unreliable. Ineffective. I admire the ambition to try and collaborate with such...fiends, I suppose." He said in passing.

"But...you." He remarked, an index finger lifting toward the man. "What have you created? In order for...these ambitions to ever see fruits...it must be in the hands of the creators...not in the hands of men of business, or politicians...do you understand me?" He asked outright.

tf-site-header.png
D I R E C T O R

"Business has no time for morale dilemmas or second-thinking, you of all people should understand that sentiment." He dismissed the criticism from Gat Tambor Gat Tambor , emphasizing that the Trade Federation of Planets was experiencing a corporate renaissance under his leadership as Director. They were determined not to be hindered by personal convictions or ethical dilemmas regarding their business strategies. Their primary objective was clear - to amass wealth and power throughout the galaxy, regardless of the means they had to resort to. If that meant conspiring with unscrupulous individuals then that was the direction the conglomerate would take.

"The Sith Empire that is being referenced is the Sith Order currently held up in the Outer Rim
Territories and ruled over by Emperor Empyrean. Their inefficiency has allowed the Trade Federation to monopolize them far easier than funding the New Imperial Order's rebellion. Although that gamble has not paid off in significant returns as the Empire has collapsed leaving us with nothing to show for it besides ancient history." It was thought fit to explain that the Sith Empire had returned but merely underneath a new order, and a new overlord. The Sith Empire's mismanagement of their economy meant a political goldmine for the Federation as they could monopolize them through their agents within the Sith-Imperial Banking Clan. Tambor's decision to fund the New Imperial Order costed them a large amount of resources which were now lost as various warlord states absorbed their interests.

"I understand perfectly well, although I do not share such
sentimentalism. What have you personally created during your tenure as Director?" The pressure suit hissed as the mechanisms relaxed, as Laborr redirected the questioning back to Tambor. It was not right that he should be interrogated without striking back.

DIRECTOR
TRADE FEDERATION

He let off a note of amusement at the prospect that Gat Tambor had any morals. He wasn't a man who cared for the greater good or wicked evil. But, he was strongly principled, spiteful and grudge bound. He had been since his time as a Viceroy within the Confederacy.

"You misunderstand what the Federation's involvement with the New Order was. Every single piece of warfighting equipment, infrastructure and truly worthwhile capital was constructed by the Federation. They were nothing without us and thus a great contributor for our worth. They had no other choice but to allow our complete dominance of their economy. Much as the Alliance was...too nearsighted to prevent our infiltration and influence." Tambor remarked.

"The plan was for a war between the Empire and the Alliance, two nations which were very intimately bankrolled by the Federation. A war which would be fought with Federation credits and Federation arms...leading to Federation profits. Naturally...it seems such plan fell through. The result would've been a Galactic superpower drawn from the ashes, a true Trade Federation of Planets." Gat explained. To the question of what he'd created, a brow lofted beneath the goggles.

"I created you, the Federation, the Alliance, the Empire...all of it bears my mark. But I am not one to revel over past glories. What is your vision then? If it has deviated from my own..." He asked.

tf-site-header.png
D I R E C T O R

Laborr remained quiet for a moment, absorbing all the information shared by the First Director, but couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at Gat Tambor Gat Tambor 's intricate scheme. The
inefficient scheme relied on numerous interconnected variables that had to fit perfectly in place, without account for developing events, resulting in a wasteful expenditure of money and resources.

The New Imperial Order had certainly placed their trust in the Trade Federation for their expansion and war efforts, but they could have taken control of them at any movement, as demonstrated later when the topic came up during a gathering of the remaining Imperial Warlords.
Alternatively instead of nationalization, they could have encouraged competition to create some economic breathing space for the New Imperials.

The Galactic Alliance would face a
similar dilemma if the scheme advanced, with excessive market competition preventing them from provoking a full-scale conflict with the New Imperials during Tambor's leadership although it did come close after the Bastion Accords. The entire plan to create a True Trade Federation of Planets in the purest definition of the word would leave them bankrupt almost certainly even accounting for their recent successes in the Interstellar Stock Exchange.

"The vision has merely been diversified, spread across numerous
variables to make up for our weaknesses in the New Imperial Order's creation. Such diversity is to spread our influence, arms, technology, battle droids, starships to all nation-states and future nation-states, so that no matter who is crushed in the great game of galactic politics, the Federation will remain undamaged by the sudden shifts in tide." The Conglomerate did not change its vision for the most part, merely wanting to expand their influence and currency across all galactic superpowers in the galaxy, from the Mandalorian Protectors to the newest Dark Empire.

"Although this vision isn't set in stone as Federation Policy, until I can summon the entire Directorship Board to a meeting to
coordinate new ideals and fresh perspectives." The Skakoan was not all-seeing, and therefore would rely on the advice and direction of the older members of the Board such as Tithe and even Tambor to figure out the next steps in our overall strategy to insure the Federation's survival.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom