Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Twice the Credits

MV5BZjQ5YzkwMmEtOWRiNi00YzBlLWJhNTMtMjNkZWM5NTBlNTgwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA4OTg1Mzc1._V1_.jpg

tf-site-header.png

LOCATION //: ALDERAAN
OBJECTIVE //: ENGAGE WITH HOUSE RIST OF ALDERAAN
TAGS //: Imogen Rist Imogen Rist
FEDERATION //: MARCH

Corellia - SWTOR Guide - IGN

Unacceptable simply Unacceptable

It had been a rough month for the Trade Federation of Planets as the Galactic Alliance Senate just enacted a quite an unthinkable and downright foolish law regarding droid rights; the Skakoan had thought such discussion would be squashed immediately after being introduced but the chancellor..oh the chancellor auteme had used quite a persuasive argument to push the bill through despite the objections of the Trade Federation. He could not blame her for using the office's influence amongst the legislative body to push things through without proper input as her predecessor Tithe had done the same but with much more tact of course.

Although perhaps it was a proper warning that the massive empire of trade had become complacent and vulnerable to outside influence. They no longer held the edge of being the largest corporation in the galaxy and that would need to change quickly if they were to salvage their holdings throughout alliance space during the war with the Mandalorian Enclave. A simple solution was to find other markets which did not suffocate business and that is why a delegation had been sent to the Sith Order; whose power and influence might be able to stave off losses from previous investments made under the design of Director Gat Tambor.

But none of this mattered to the Minister of the Trade Federation as they waited outside one of the many cities on the planet of Alderaan. Alico Organa was the Senator for the Realm and one could clearly see that with the amount of refugees floating around in various camps. But he was not here for an organa but a Rist, Imogen Rist.

Someone with whom the Skakoan was likely to form a partnership with as Tambor and Tithe had all those years ago.

"House Rist is quite powerful within Alderaan's Political Circles. Let us hope that they have not become blinded by being apart of the planetary aristocracy, such nobles have no place in shaping galactic affairs." Minister Laborr said glancing from the Trade Federation Transport in the grassy hillside.

Rulonom Laborr Rulonom Laborr

The Trade Federation. It was large, powerful, and wealthy. That was definitively the type of business partner that Imogen wanted when she considered expanding her influence elsewhere. She had been informed that the vessel carrying Minister Laborr was arriving shortly, and left her office to greet the prospective partner herself. It as only natural, to offer hospitality to him, as he held the keys to quite a few doors in the galaxy regardless of how the Alliance treated the political power the Trade Federation had.

It was notable, that House Rist had become fairly powerful within the Outer Rim territories with manufactories. She kept all of her businesses out of the purview of Alderaanian law, and well out of reach of their tax collectors. That was just good business. In the Outer Rim what she said, was law, and that meant her factories operated how she saw fit. That did not mean they were terrifically unsafe and cut corners, just that she wanted to maximize her ability to profit from the labor she afforded. If that meant dodging taxation and Alliance regulation, then so be it. In that regard, she felt that she likely had a like-minded approach to Minister Laborr. In the end, what was good for business was the end, and the ends justified the means.

Imogen walked toward the landing pad in the Rist compound. They were walled off high in the mountains away from the lands most other noble houses called theirs. They had been driven here in millenia past for their reputation for subterfuge and assassination. Imogen had not done anything to counter the reputation, nor had her predecessors, because as it stood it was a reputation well-earned. It was the dark topic that the other houses tended to not talk about. It did not afford House Rist much respect, but it did afford them a level of distant comfort from the other nobles. They knew well enough not to interfere with Rist affairs, and the Rist family in kind did not interfere with theirs. Of course, that general understanding could easily be broken by the right circumstances, but that had not yet risen.

"Run along and prepare some food and drink. We are hosting Skakoans, so prepare proper foodstuffs for them. Their needs are different than ours, and I would like to make a good impression with the Minister." she said, knowing that catering to a Skakoan was quite different. Imogen had prepared for the meeting though, purchasing liquid foodstuffs that could be consumed without the discomfort of removing their pressurized suits. Their unique physiology required it, and as a good host, she too required it. Imogen just had to wait now, to greet them as they landed.

MV5BZjQ5YzkwMmEtOWRiNi00YzBlLWJhNTMtMjNkZWM5NTBlNTgwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA4OTg1Mzc1._V1_.jpg

tf-site-header.png

LOCATION //: HOUSE RIST COMPOUND ; ALDERAAN

The Location had been changed after some time as the Trade Federation Transport soured over the landscape of Alderaan towards the Compound of House Rist who had a certain reputation for assassination work which might come into play during the following discussion with the House Matriarch Imogen Rist. Although the Alliance Senate had made a critical mistake when it passed the declaration of droid rights perhaps it was a golden fleece when it came to expanding the influence of the Federation as Ord Vaug would prove to be quite useful in the production of droids as an official sanctuary world far from the eyes of the Strategic Intelligence Agency.

The Compound was quite far away and fortified as the Shuttle made its descent down onto the landing pad. A soft hiss of the door followed as Minister Laborr made himself known to the present host. "AWEEEEERRRROROROROROR..." the suit hissed and buckled as constant pressure was shifting from one area to another. A simple but stern glance followed from behind armored googles as they extend a hand not to shake as one might expect but in a simple gesture.

"Lady Rist..It is a pleasure to finally meet the Head of such a well known family. Forgive my lack of decorum but I would like to get down to business as quickly and efficiently as possible in order to make the most out of our limited time together." The Minister had learned that wasting time with pleasantries meant that credits were slipping from his fingers each second.

"Certainly, Minister Laborr. If you will follow me to the conference room we can begin our discussions there. The staff is preparing food, and is taking special care to prepare those which can be consumed while maintaining your pressure suits properly. I would be a poor host if I did not at least offer some small hospitality." Imogen said, gesturing with her arm in a small sweep as she began to guide the Skakoan toward the largest building in the compound. There, they were safest to do their work. Not that she feared other houses had infiltrated their compound for some clandestine purpose, but she preferred to have things done properly. Why have a purpose built conference room if it was not going to be used?

The Matriarch walked with a decent pace,
"I do hope your travel was not too burdensome. House Rist is open to visitors from the Trade Federation though, and should you need to send representatives or come yourself to take care of business, you need only to inform me and I can set aside time to handle the issues that come up." she said, offering pleasantries in the way of small talk. It was not meant for anything but idle conversation on their way to the main building itself.

On approach from a transport the compound looked fairly large, but placed in proper context from the ground the main building complex was a veritable fortress. It was not readily obvious, but those savvy enough and keen of eye could spot security measures with relative frequency. Hidden turrets lined the courtyard leading up to the estate. The double doors were quite large, ornate in their own way, but were far more protective than they actually looked. House Rist had spent millenia on Alderaan perfecting their security measures against the other houses, and external dangers, that the mountain pass they held as their primary lands was easily one of the most safe places on the entire planet.

As the doors opened, service staff in the main lobby were walking about, maintaining the grounds and otherwise going about their business. They acknowledged the matriarch and her guest with polite nods but generally kept to their tasks. None of them seemed particularly fearful, and some of them seemed to actually like the place they worked. A quick jaunt on a lift, and the two of them were now outside the conference room. Imogen motioned for her guest to enter first, before following behind and locking the door to protect the meeting itself. She figured that her guest would have been smart enough to know recording of the meeting was forbidden as well, but she offered reassurance, "We are secure, now, Minister Laborr. There will be no recorded data of this meeting. We are free to discuss whatever matters you have on your mind."

tf-site-header.png

The pair moved at a decent pace as the Matriarch made some attempt at conversation between them as they moved deeper and deeper into the mountain compound to begin proper discussion without eyes and ears. She was much more receptive than other business' partners when it came to the Trade Federation of Planets as they had quite the reputation for taking everything from a planet and giving very little in return. Some understood the power and influence that credits had over the ordinary people that simply waving around a lightsaber or summoning lightning from fingertips could accomplish. People needed credits to buy things for their families, and themselves in order to become really infamous and often a times they would put themselves into debt with organizations such as his to live their dreams.

"Acceptable..." was the response given as the Skakoan was less inclined to talk about unimportant matters as the comfortless of the journey here. As the fortress came into proper view there was small glances at the impressive architecture and formidable security which was only proper against other hostile alderaan houses such as the Organa's. The Skakoan despised organic servants as they could so easily be bribed into giving up secrets for hostile actors and simply ignored them as they went about their business.

She explained as they moved forward that this room was complexly secure and that no recordings would take place between them. Allowing them to have a free range discussion about a variety of topics considered controversial or damaging to both of their reputations.

"It is smart to cover all your bases when entering a discussion such as this. I am here because there is a storm coming; and maintaining alliances are important now more than ever for the Trade Federation of Planets. Your planet's representative Alico Organa made a critical mistake in voting for the droid rights bill on the floor. A partial solution drew me here given your reputation." The Minister said not outright suggesting that the Senator for Alderaan be removed, but merely posting a theoretical idea that House Rist might be able to assist in.

Last edited:

Imogen sat at the large table and steepled her fingers at the implication regarding the senator's choice. She had heard of the vote, but did not truly imagine that the representative would been quite so foolishly persuaded to actually give the kind of freedom they were asking. "Yes, I am aware of the Senate's decision. Strange to me that the Trade Federation is disallowed from officially voting when you are a large power that operates in Alliance space. It seems apparent that the Senate has lost a measure of good sense to commit to such an obstructive measure."

An astromech droid wheeled into the room with the food offering for both Imogen and Minister Laborr. She remained silent while it delievered, and then left. "I keep my manufacturing businesses well out of the reach of the Alliance. I'm sure there are some senators that would call me corrupt for avoiding their taxation or regulation but my businesses are about profitability, not making a political statement. My workers have yet to push back against me, and I have yet to truly crack down on anything from them. People are easy to manipulate if you provide them with their basic needs. Loyalty is a reward in its own right, even if I do have to spend some credits on it."

Imogen paused for a moment to drink from her cup, "But that is business, and the point of our meeting. In light of the recent decision to grant droids rights such as they have, I have elected to change production in one of my factories that produces chips. I get the feeling that there will be plenty of people in the galaxy seeking new sources of inhibitor chips for droids, and with the cheap labor I can afford in the Outer Rim, the Trade Federation could make quite a lot of money with an exclusivity deal to purchase and market the chips from my factories to the Alliance."

"Our factories produce quite a lot of things in the Outer Rim though, things that the Alliance would prefer to keep regulated. Disruptors, for example."
she said, leaving that implication between them.

tf-site-header.png

The Matriarch struck a quiet nerve as the mere mention of not being allowed an official vote within the Legislative Chamber rang clear. The Trade Federation and a variety of other corporations had been denied their voting rights by the Chancellor Auteme simply because of her hatred for the previous tithe administration and some grand sense of ideological superiority by being a former member of the New Jedi Order before entering politics. Although she had grown to become an astute maestro of her influence; gathering around her senators that would do her bidding without even batting an eye. Minister Laborr had to agree with her statements fully.

"The Chancellor Auteme is stubbornly anti-corporation even though we provide the most amount of employment within the various sectors of the Galactic Economy." A simple truth and an often ignored fact by the new administration is that corporations kept the economy floating and credits in the military's budget. The astromech droid came through the room; offering some sampling of food and beverage which the Skakoan would not deny on principle although he refused to actually eat anything due to slight paranoia; a common trait in wealthy magnates. Imogen's method of maintaining control within her various enterprises was suitable when such an organization was not as galaxy wide scale as the Trade Federation of Planets.

"Inhibitor chips for droids...a bold concept which no doubt has its routes in the discovering of said chips within the clone army. Although there are already restraining bolts suited for such a task that limit the autonomous thinking of various models. However is there any evidence such a chip is more effective than already established models on the market?" A question posed instead of a direct answer; wanting to know more about a product was extremely important for the marketing team of the Trade Federation as they could so easily redirect advertising efforts.

"Our preliminary tests with protocol droids and astromech droids have yielded promising results. In over one-thousand trials regarding the inhibitor chip's programming, there is a 98% success rate in droid obedience to their own programming and to resistance toward independent thought. We placed several models at a time in rooms. For protocol droids we tested parameters regarding whether or not they would do harm, and for those tests there were no incidents regarding a droid doing anything to harm an organic creature of its own volition. Astromech droids are more troublesome, but they are also the ones who are generally tasked with complex mechanical procedures. The simplicity of the programming for a battle droid itself also means the chip will work and is much more difficult to remove than a restraining bolt is, as the chips are introduced into the droid model internally rather than externally. It would require quite a lot more work for, let's say extremist droids rights activists, to remove the chip. But here is the real benefit, the chip itself has an emergency shut down if the droid does in fact go haywire. It will power them down and initiate a mind wipe so they can be restarted fully." Imogen said, bringing up a hologram in the middle of the table of the chip in question and how it was installed on the processing units of droids. It was a simple plug and snap interface, but with it located internally she was confident that it was far more secure than a simple restraining bolt placed on the exterior of the droid.

"We are also currently putting into testing, new battle droid models. In the wake of the war declaration with the Mandalorian Enclave I imagine there may be some pressure to use battle droids against them. They are not known for their tactful nature socially, let alone in warfare. What we really need is an advantage, but for now putting the droids into production would need a some more investment capital. Not that I could not foot the bill myself, but what kind of businesswoman would I be if I didn't try to get outside investments in the projects, right? Of course, feel free to present ideas of your own. We are here to collaborate, and it would be remiss of me to hold the floor to myself. Is there anything that House Rist may offer you in exchange?" she said, blanking the hologram and opening the room to Minister Laborr.

tf-site-header.png

The Answer from the Matriarch was swift and precise hitting all the vectors typically associated with pushing a project or product such as this to noteworthy investors. Conducting preliminary trails was a key step in the manufacturing process as each model or variant had vastly different circuits to fit the needs and desires of repeat customers. If the trails had been conducted by galactic standards as she said then the Minister was inclined to support the extension of investment into the production and deployment of these internal restraining chips but also being cautious to not have this publicly announce until the timing was right given the recent anti-corporate sentiments spreading throughout the Galactic Alliance at this time. Without the political support, these Droid Right Movements would only hamper the efforts of the Federation.

"A exemplary product, House Matriarch. However there is extended costs to rerouting entire circuitry from its closed system to an open system to allow the chip to function correctly. Entire factories would have to be given these upgraded blueprints; putting a halt to economic output. What guarantees does House Rist make to elevate some of these costs on our investors?" The Minister for the Trade Federation explained wanting to know if House Rist was serious in assisting the production and deployment of said units with the additional costs mentioned.

"As to the matter of battle droids and its variants, I would like to exclusively have ownership over all models produced using the chip. For safety guarantees given the rocky relationship the Federation has with the Alliance Defense Force." Was also added after some time.

"I am willing to grant exclusivity to the battle droids to the Trade Federation. It represents a major investment of my own capital, but I am sure an agreement can be reached for the acquisition of the finished products. As to the cost of chip production for droids, I am willing to spend five billion of my own credits to alleviate the delay in factory deployment of the chip itself. When I say I am prepared to play the game correctly, I meant it, Minister Laborr. That is no insignificant amount of credits, and I expect a return on investment once the factory alterations are made. I feel like that should be a sufficient personal investment to your own shareholders." Imogen said, hinting to the Trade Federation the kind of wealth that House Rist had managed to acquire over its existence. It may not look it, but they were the most financially secure of all the noble houses on Alderaan, with enough liquidity and credit assets to handle this cost and more with quite enough breathing room if the investment fell through. She was confident that it would not though, as she would not have offered five billion if she did not believe in her own product.

The subject of the relationship between the Alliance Defense Force and the Trade Federation did come up. It was foolish of the Alliance to even consider alienating the Trade Federation, and she expressed that much.
"Minister Laborr if the GADF is foolish enough to alienate the Trade Federation then they are under terrible leadership. As much as these sentimental people like to express their disdain for corporations, the economy of the Alliance would die without them. People like us have become essential to its operation, and I am sure deep down they understand that in spite of their damned idealistic crusade. It is a populist sentiment designed to gain the support of the impoverished. It might be politically expedient now, but if they really go through with pushing anti-corporate legislation then who feels the financial crush from that is their base, not them, and not us. They really do not seem to understand that, or if they do, then they don't care. No matter though, I will throw my support in to the Trade Federation before I support a Senate that elects to push through such foolish measures. It's just good business."

tf-site-header.png

The Minister expected some form of push-back from the House Matriarch regarding the conquest for the exclusive ownership of the expected battle droid line as there were potentially millions of credits to be made in the battle droid market certainly within the Outer Rim Reaches with the introduction of the chips. However they seemed to be willing to grant such a lucrative request to the Trade Federation of Planets and was willing to up front 5 billion credits from their own personal treasure to alleviate some of the mentioned industrial concerns expected from their more prominent investors. Of course there was an expectation of substantial returns for her assistance in remodeling the factories for this type of production model. She was confident about the success of this product on the market which the Skakoan had to admire to a certain extent.

"You will get every credit back once those factories are fully operational." Minister Laborr explained wanting to assure the House Matriarch that any investment would be returned in full. She then mentioned that the Galactic Alliance Defense Force was foolish to alienate the Trade Federation and were quite correct that the economy was going to suffer from anti-corporate legislation and was fully ready to align with the Trade Federation of Planets instead of the worms of the Senate which had passed such foolish legislation in the first place.

"If you have such feelings, then would It not be better for you to replace the inept senator Alico Organa within the Senate in order to push back these improper laws." The Minister then posed to her; finding it quite beneficial to have a voting member on his side.

"Unfortunately my place is here. Politics really isn't my area of expertise. When my father was head of the house he trained me toward assassination and subterfuge. Though, I could try to speak to Alico and try to persuade him to see the importance corporations play in the functioning of the Alliance as a whole. They might be idealists, but perhaps they can be made to see reason when not being manipulated by some jumped up Jedi turned Chancellor." Imogen said, sipping her wine. That implication likely sat heavily in the minds of those who attended Senate meetings and found themselves on the opposition. Unfortunately, there was no real way of knowing.

"How do we know she does not use those Jedi mind tricks to convince people of her point-of-view anyways? They like to parade around and act like champions of peace and tranquility but the entire history of the Jedi order is rife with violence and genocide. They tried to eradicate the Sith in their entirety after all. It is all a lot of talk with no real convincing arguments to back up the notion they wish for peace. I'm sure some of them do, but there are far too many out there that take to their lightsabers before ever acting diplomatically like you would expect."
she stood up and looked out the one-way window that overlooked the compound and sighed. The Jedi had let her down before, and she expected the same to happen yet again. The Alliance was better in some respects than the absolutist rule of the Empire, but it was so much more difficult to govern with so many dissenting opinions.

Imogen looked over her shoulder,
"This war with the Mandalorians. It will claim a lot of lives, and for what? The Alliance to play galactic police? My eldest son was killed by the Brotherhood of the Maw in that war. There is not a day that goes by where I don't miss him. He did what he felt he had to do, and volunteered for the GADF, but the entire squad he served with was eradicated. Battle droids can be replaced, sons and daughters, cannot. That is why I am so invested in battle droid technology, and why I'm willing to grant you the exclusivity to use several models from our factories. The contract we will work up for those rights will include all current models, but future models released will have to be renegotiated. You understand business though, and why that is the way it is."

The Matriarch paused for a moment to swallow her grief. Her eldest boy was not just killed, but maimed, and raised to fight as an undead thrall. He was defiled beyond belief, and ultimately never made it into the House Rist Mausoleum. There will always be an empty sepulcher where he was meant to lay. That stuck painfully for her, but not enough for her to throw away her good senses. "I digress though, your support means that these droid factories can begin production in full, and from there the Trade Federation could use that increased power to leverage sentiment in the Alliance toward itself. What parent wants to see their child die when a droid can take their place on the front lines? A droid captured reveals no secrets, cannot be tortured for information, and is no big loss that cannot be replaced far more cheaply and effectively. Training soldiers takes time, building a droid programmed for war, almost none. Why use organic warriors when we can manufacture and field millions of cheap and efficient units? Quantity is a quality of its own, and if the product is cheap, and disposable, the manufacturing process is that much easier. Droids don't even need food, water, or rest, they can just continue to fight. There's a beautiful simplicity to it. Why we continue to train soldiers when droids can do the job is a mystery to me."

tf-site-header.png

It was worth the effort in trying to persuade the House Matriarch to run against Alico Organa for the Senatorial Seat of Alderaan but it seemed she was much smarter than most people who saw the senate as a pathway to personal power but ultimately neglected to realize that they held very little actual power and were at the whims of whomever was chancellor at the time in this case the jedi turned politician Auteme. Although she could offer to speak with Alico in an attempt to change his mind regarding corporations such as the Trade Federation of Planets but there was a rightful amount of doubt that the effort would just be wasted given his closeness to the New Jedi Order and its leadership. It became quite apparent that the Lady Imogen Rist was much more passionate than previously predicted given her rather long rant about the tides of the Jedi Order and its Variants throughout history although he did agree with some of the points presented.

The Minister did have some sympathy for the loss of life occurring during the Second Great Hyperspace War and the New Mandalorian War recently announce. But for all intents and purposes they were considered acceptable losses overall as they had not managed to significant harm the Galactic Economy by their rather unplanned demise. He supposed it was better than ending up as a slave laborer for the Brotherhood of the Maw given the rather inhumane treatment. It was always good to have a reason and a passion for manufacturing such as himself, and it seemed she wanted to prevent the losses of sons and daughters by introducing the chip and therefore the battle droids which could replace organic soldiers on the battlefield.

"There will be no problem with negotiations further down the line." The Minister wanted to avoid bringing up any pass moments of grief about her offspring and he certainly wasn't a certified physiatrist.

"You would be presently surprised that organic life is far cheaper than the manufacturing of droids in overall economic terminology. A single human couple can have around 6 or 7 kids given the right environment and that translates into 6 or 7 fresh soldiers to send to the killing field. On the other hand droids require complex machinery and money to really be effective on the battlefield, and lack for the most part the critical thinking skills necessaries for out of the box thinking. Therefore there is little chance that anyone would consider such thinking despite the benefits as you mentioned." The Skakoan explained after some time, informing her that organic life was much cheaper overall when it came to battlefield ratios.

"I know the people of Skako are different in their thinking, and I do not judge you for it at all. It is your way. But for a human, the cost of war is paid in more than just credits. Not to say that you do not feel the losses, but that you process them differently. At least that was the understanding that I had when I learned about Skako. I do hope that I am not wholly wrong." she paused for a moment, "But, even if we have a fundamentally different view of things, there is one we can agree upon wholly. What is good for our businesses, is good for us, and by extension the Alliance. They only stand to benefit from the cooperative partnership between us, and that is just a by-product. I will have my legal team draft several contracts, one for each individual droid, so it is all taken care of properly per item. That way they can individually be renegotiated should you want more or fewer of a certain model." Imogen offered diplomatically. She understood the people of Skako to be pragmatists first, and very oriented with cause, effect, and goals. It just meant they had differnet minds about things, and she respected them for it. It was not likely meant to offend either, so she never took it as such.

She finished the cup of wine and small plate of cheese and meats before speaking again,
"Now, I do ask considering this meeting has been quite fruitful, are there any services that I may perform for the Trade Federation? I am willing to deploy some of House Rist's agents to take care of problems that you may well have anywhere in the galaxy. You will find no finer spies or assassins than ours." she finished, perhaps using a bit of hyperbole but it was confidence that let her do it. She knew she was skilled, and none of the people allowed to serve House Rist were allowed to perform missions off of Alderaan without being highly trained.

tf-site-header.png

It was a shame that humans were so emotionally attached to their offspring as to openly mourn their passing on the fields of battle rather than try to have more children to increase their chance of generational survival. The culture of Skako was far different being more focused on manufacturing and credit generation than the concerns of ordinary civilizations such as the Core Worlds. The House Matriarch was certainly correct in her assessment that their enterprises would benefit the Alliance considerably as they entered into a period of uncertainty following the New Mandalorian War. But the real interest to the Minister was the mention of several contracts for each individual unit so that they could be renegotiated on a much smaller scale then the entire package.

She moved on rather quickly explaining that House Rist would be able to take care of problems which roughly meant assassination of spying missions for the Trade Federation of Planets. He certainly had a target in mind; a certain senator that was much to vocal about her opposition to corporations and was positioning herself as a rival however small to the Trade Federation. Silencing her was the key to his overall strategi of becoming Chancellor of the Alliance once Auteme's term was over.

"Since you are offering your services to the Trade Federation, I have in mind a certain senator of Ord Providence in the form of Valette Puritis Yumia who needs to be eliminated for being to vocal in her opposition to federation dominance." The Minister said with a hint of distain within his voice coagulators.

"Ord Providence. I cannot say I've ever been, but you say their senator is very vocal about her opposition towards your enterprises. It is my assumption you mean permanently eliminated from the political spectrum. That is certainly something that we can do. Especially if it forwards the economic interests of the Alliance. I will begin working out a plan to see to it that this senator no longer troubles the Trade Federation. We are meticulous in our execution, so patience is needed. But, on my honor my people will do their best to see to it that Valette is...retired." Imogen spoke very candidly about ending lives. In the scope of politics on the grand scale, one life was meaningless. It was regretable that they could not be persuaded to see reason, but when a roadblock like this was in the way of forward progress, it had to be dealt with. It was a strange dichotomy between her previous mention of mourning, to now discussing assassination. To Imogen though, once someone entered galactic politics they knew the risks they took to enter that stage. That includes potential assassination.

"I believe our working relationship shall prove to be very fruitful. But with all fruit trees, it takes some time to grow. I will begin having the factories switch production modes to produce the requested units. Your transport operators will find the products to pick up on Daluuj. It's a sparse planet, but the lack of population has made building the underground factories there quite easy. It is far away from the eyes of wandering regulators. If there is nothing more though, I say this meeting has been successful. My administration team will send the contracts to your office for your review." she said, standing up and motioning for the door. It was not an ungracious gesture, nor was she trying to rush the meeting, but it seemed with business taken care of there was nothing more to discuss. Imogen assumed the Skakoan would appreciate the meeting being solely focused on business and concluded when said business was taken care of.

tf-site-header.png

It was no surprise that the House Matriarch had not heard of Ord Providence, a relatively new planet which had risen to full membership status within the Galactic Alliance Senate and whose senator was projecting herself as a rival to the Trade Federation even though she could not compete with the formidable economic powerhouse in any way shape or form, but the Skakoan had humored her for long enough and that something needed to be done to formally retire the senator from ever posing a problem to his accession to the Chancellorship. Although Lady Imogen Rist did mention that it would take some time for planning and execution, but once that was done it would prove quite difficult for Valette to still be standing.

"Excellent, I look forward to her immediate demise." The Minister said with some upbeat tone despite the droid monotone for the most part coming from him. Imogen then explained rather accordingly on how the process of transportation and factory production would go down which the Minister wrote down within his head for the time being before transferring them into an actual data document.

"Very good, Lady Rist. I believe this will be a fruitful partnership."

The Minister explained moving towards the exit of the fortress to his vessel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom