Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Tis But A Flesh Wound

Eliz_div.png

Hunts had their ups and downs. Sometimes Eliz would get his mark. Sometimes he wouldn't. Rarely, he'd get hurt. The hunt for a Sith Lord was one of those moments. They were beyond what he expected. His training, his unnatural strength, it paled in comparison to the dark magicks a true Sith Lord could use. His underestimation of his quarry had cost him. He'd been gone for several days longer than he'd like, only because of the time he needed to spend at the hospital. Learning how to use his new hand. He idly flexed the mechanical limb just outside the door of Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla 's safe house, where Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla was currently hiding out. This was a moment he was absolutely dreading.

But, he missed her far more than he dreaded her reaction. The half Chiss would punch in the code before stepping in an dropping off his kit and gear by the door inside.

"Hey! I'm back, Cyare. Sorry I was away so long."

The sound of spray paint hissed, the half Arkanian continuing to paint the refresher of the safehouse. The light blues and crystalline whites were meant to give off a calm aura, like an ocean. As she painted the room, the datapad continued on in the background.

"What is the icon of Mandalore?"

Gwyn paused for a moment and responded before returning to her work, "The Mythosaur."

"What is the significance of this icon?"

Gwyn paused again and responded, "The Mythosaur was a fearsome horned reptiles which ravaged their planet until Mandalore the First, lead the Taung which would become Mandalorians, to defeat and eradicate them. According to some legends, ancient Mandalorians rode them as well."

As Gwyneira worked, the datapad worked for a moment before dinging, "Well done! You have passed this quiz with a score of nine out of ten!"

Gwyneira then turned with shock, accidentally spraying her paint the opposite direction of where she was aiming for. "What?! What did I get wrong!?"

The datapad responded, "Question three, when asked what Mandalorian means. You were correct in identifying the root word Mando'ade, but you mistranslated it as People of Mandalore when it means Children of Mandalore.

"Karabast!" Gwyneira gritted her teeth, tightly gripping the spray paint bottle in her hands. She didn't have time to do much else though, as she heard a very familiar voice ring out...

"Hey! I'm back, Cyare. Sorry I was away so long."

Gwyn's foul mood dissipated in a flash. A wide beam crossed her face as she immediately bolted from the room, "Jac'Eli'Zirem!"

Her clothes and face were all stained with cyan and snow paint, and her hair was protected by a bandana that pulled her usually let down hair back. She slid into the main room, eager to see her lover again. "Eliz!"

She darted past to the couch and dives right into his arms, not really taking the time to observe him. She hugged him tightly, burying her face in his neck and sighing deeply, "I missed you! Why didn't you call? Could you at least have called?"

Not much anger could be heard in her voice, only hurt and worry. She pulled her head up and kissed his cheek, soft and gentle. Then, she stepped back to take a good look at him and his health.

The cybernetic arm stuck out to her like a sore thumb.

So many emotions and thoughts crashed into her. So much friction, so many racing thoughts, so many questions and screamings. She looked dazed, staring at the arm with wide eyes. Eliz... had lost his arm...

She was nauseous.

Her skin was dreadfully pale as she lurched, gagging as bile immediately rose up her throat.

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla

Eliz_div.png

The smile on Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla 's face immediately brought a smile to his own. That's what he truly missed. Seeing her smile. Only one arm reached up to return her hug. One that he squeezed her in. He knew what was coming. The reason why he'd avoided her calls, the reason only one arm was wrapped around her. Before she pulled away, before she could, he tightened that hug further. The smile had was gone, replaced only by a somber expression and an even more somber tone as he whispered into where he'd buried his face in her shoulder.

"I'm sorry, cyare."

A genuinely pained expression formed as she kissed his cheek and pulled away. Apprehension to what she'd see. What he'd hidden from her. Seeing her reaction, his heart dropped through the floor. He wasn't sure what to do, what to say. But as she gagged and lurched over his worry grew immensely. He reached over with his real hand, concern flooding his features. "Gwyn? What's wrong? Gwyn are you okay?"

Gwyneira was a quick enough thinker, she pulled a small garbage bucket over using the Force. As she emptied her stomach's contents into the waste basket, she could not believe what she was hearing, on top of what she just saw.

"Am I okay!?" She exclaimed, lifting her head from the garbage can, "Am I okay! Eliz, your-your-"

She clamped her mouth shut. She was sure he did not need reminded what happened to her own arm. Yet, the devastation she felt caused her to just gaze at him with wild agony. Why... Why had he not called her back? For something like this? Why had Kranak not told her, staying with her for several days now? Why had this happened? Who in the galaxy had committed this atrocity? Could she punish them? What about Eliz? How was he fairing with this? Why...?

She lowered the bucket to the floor and set it down, shaking from the emotions she felt. She stood up, struggling not to stare and trying to figure out what to say. She looked at him, she looked at his frown. Eliz. Oh, Eliz. Her Eliz. Her Jac'Eli'Zirem...

"Why... How...?"

Eliz_div.png

He winced. Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla wasn't alright, but she was focused on him. Well, he'd probably be focused on her if their roles were reversed. He reached out, setting a hand on hers. He wanted nothing more than to be close to her right now, if only for his own selfishness. What he lost, he didn't want to think about it. But she deserved all the facts. He avoided her, avoided this, for far too long. Was it for her sake? Or his own?

"A hunt for a Sith went wrong. I'm alright now. I.. Mostly have control on it. I'm okay."

Gwyneira blinked, looked down to their hands. Her fingers twitched limply in his grasp. Tears slipped down her cheeks and dripped off her jaw. She was finding it hard to process still.

So... A Sith did this?...

That Sith would pay dearly.

But shoving vengeance aside for her lover, the girl blinked wildly. So many questions. So much dismay and confusion. Why... She had been contacting him, constantly. She had been worried sick, worried something had happened to him. And indeed... it had.

She looked back up to Eliz, feeling terrible and sick.

"I called you, and you didn't call back... for..." She shook her head, "For something like this..."

Eliz_div.png

"I.. Know."

There it was. The subject he'd truly wanted to avoid. He'd gotten her messages. Listened to them again and again just to hear Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla 's voice. But when he could of just called her back, he chose not to. Eliz knew he should have. She deserved to know what had happened. But.. "I'm sorry. I couldn't.. Where I was you couldn't follow. I didn't want you to be upset when I couldn't be there with you."

Or have her there with him. Still, he knew it was wrong. Eliz couldn't meet Gwyn's gaze. "I'm just.. Sorry."

3oIWNfM.png

G U I L T
A N D
R E M O R S E

Location: Kaddak, City Slums, Abandoned Apartment Complex, 104th Floor, Safehouse
Local Time: 15:31
Date: -DATA CORRUPTED-
Primary Objective: Buy Supplies Gwyneira Requested
Secondary Objective: Find A Way of Explaining What Happened to Eliz to Gwyneira
Equipment: Loadout 1 (No Medical Backpack, Primary and Secondary weapons in gun cage, retained Westar-35c Particle Blasters.)
Tags: Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt | Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla

tQcpQG0.png

With troubled thoughts accompanying him, Kranak walked the dirty and crowded streets of Kaddak’s city center while he was out shopping for Gwyn. There were several art supplies and paints she had requested to be bought. She had taken it on herself to renovate the safehouse. The Ori’ramikad wasn’t going to let her do it all by herself, he would obviously assist her, even though he thought it was unnecessary to paint the walls. Gray was just as fine as any other lively color to Kranak. He found it peaceful. It reminded him of the calming rainy days on Mandalore.

As he entered another store to find the paints Gwyn wanted, the giant was thinking of a way to explain what had happened to Eliz in a bounty hunt they had gone together with, along with several other vode. Eliz had lost his left arm during that, and had been in rehab for a couple days now, getting used to his new prosthetic arm. What made it worse was the fact that he couldn’t prevent it from happening. The Dark Lord had incapacitated Kranak with bright blue arcs of lightning coming out from his finger tips before he attacked Eliz. The Dar’jetii chakaar had used the tactical hatchet made from beskar he always carried on himself, tucked underneath his warbelt’s buckle.

The giant let out a muffled sigh as he reached for a few cans of paint from the shelf in front of him. It was not going to be easy an easy task, explaining all this to the young lass. She cared deeply for Eliz. At the young lad’s request, Kranak had kept the truth from him for the past few days. Eliz didn’t want her to know what happened. He had raised his objection, saying keeping the truth from her was pointless and she would find out one way or the other, but still followed through with the lad’s decision. It was his call to make, not his. All he could do was to follow through, whether he agreed to it or not.

With a slow pace, the giant walked out of the store after checking out from the store. He carried several bags filled with the art supplies and a few more things Gwyn had requested. The giant went straight back to the safehouse, taking one of the many safe routes leading to it, making sure he wasn’t followed along the way as he still dwelled on the problem at hand.

tQcpQG0.png

The thick, armored door unlocked by his command and retracted to their housings in the floor and in the ceiling, allowing Kranak passage into the safehouse. With a trudge, he walked past the durasteel barricades overlooking the door; The thick armored door closed and locked with a series of mechanical clicks and metallic clatter. The plastic bags shuffled as he walked towards the living room.

The giant came to a sudden halt at the edge of the living room’s doorway as he gazed at Eliz and Gwyneira underneath his glimmering white visor. Tears were running down the young lass’ cheeks. Eliz couldn’t look her in the eye as his gaze dropped to the floor. The white fluorescent light glared off from the shiny metal of the young lad’s prosthetic left arm. He heaved a deep sigh at the sight. Right. Today was the day Eliz would return from Kestri after his successful treatment.

The giant would stand there for a few minutes, the heavy plastic bags filled with the supplies Gwyn requested still in his hands. He would have parted his lips several times to say something, but couldn’t. They both had made the mistake of hiding the truth from her even if it was for her own good, and would have to face the consequences now.

UeJaBns.png

"But... But I called you. I begged you! I-..." Gwyneira blinked, sniffling. As Kranak entered the house, her mind swirled. Kranak was silent, his lack of reaction to the arm glaringly obvious to the half Arkanian. She blinked, looking between her lover and their shared mentor.

She remained silent for a moment, then...

Then, she pulled her hand away from Eliz's.

Her face hardened, hurt and betrayal written on her features.

"How could you?" The sting of treachery was a throbbing wound in her tone, "You of all people..." She turned to Kranak, giving him a hard glare, "You knew, didn't you! And you kept it from me!"

She felt dizzy for a moment, dazed by everything. Yet, anger caused a second strength to course through her body. She turned her hot glare back to Eliz, "Why the kriff would you keep this from me! What? You thought I couldn't handle it? I'm too soft? I watched my mother get killed in front of me, I was there when war ravaged my planet! I've seen plenty!"

She gritted her teeth, clenching her fists, looking between both, "I don't give trust out that often, and I gave it to you! Both of you! And you shattered it! I should have known about it, regardless of how much you think I shouldn't have been there!"

She panted for a moment, heart pounding in her chest. Then, she took a step back, snarky bitterness bleeding in her posture as she lifted her hand to halt them from acting, "Oh, but it's okay. I understand. You're officially Vod and true Mandalorians. I'm just aruetii!"

She swirled around, stomping away and into the bedroom. She made sure to lock the door behind her as she closed it.

Eliz_div.png

Eliz flinched. What could he say? He kept his gaze down, taking all of Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla 's anger. All he had was regret. Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla had told him to tell her. Even if she couldn't of been there, she should of known. His gaze lifted though once Gwyn's anger turned to the giant. No, that wouldn't do. "I told him not to tell you! He said I should, but I-" That's all he could get out, really. He didn't know what else to say, he just didn't want her blaming him for his choice.

"No, that's not-" And she was gone. His gaze fell as the door slammed. This was his fault. Unsure on what to do or.. Anything, he just stood there. Most of what she said was right. He didn't want her to panic. Didn't want her to try and run to his side. There were ancient laws to uphold. Or maybe, he just didn't want her to see him so frail. He clenched both his fists as he stepped over to the couch to plop down in silence.

He karked up.

3oIWNfM.png

G U I L T
A N D
R E M O R S E

Location: Kaddak, City Slums, Abandoned Apartment Complex, 104th Floor, Safehouse
Local Time: 15:37
Primary Objective: Find A Way of Explaining What Happened to Eliz to Gwyneira
Secondary Objective: Comfort Eliz and Gwyn
Equipment: Loadout 1 (No Medical Backpack, Primary and Secondary weapons in gun cage, retained Westar-35c Particle Blasters.)
Tags: Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla | Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

tQcpQG0.png

The young girl’s facial features hardened in anger and heartbreak before she spoke. Her injured voice stabbed into the giant's heart as she lashed out at him. It pained him a lot, hearing her speak in that tone.

"How could you?" The sting of treachery was a throbbing wound in her tone,"You of all people..." She turned to Kranak, giving him a hard glare, "You knew, didn't you! And you kept it from me!"

She felt dizzy for a moment, dazed by everything. Yet, anger caused a second strength to course through her body. She turned her hot glare back to Eliz, "Why the kriff would you keep this from me! What? You thought I couldn't handle it? I'm too soft? I watched my mother get killed in front of me, I was there when war ravaged my planet! I've seen plenty!"

She gritted her teeth, clenching her fists, looking between both, "I don't give trust out that often, and I gave it to you! Both of you! And you shattered it! I should have known about it, regardless of how much you think I shouldn't have been there!"

She panted for a moment, heart pounding in her chest. Then, she took a step back, snarky bitterness bleeding in her posture as she lifted her hand to halt them from acting, "Oh, but it's okay. I understand. You're officially Vod and true Mandalorians. I'm just aruetii!"

She swirled around, stomping away and into the bedroom. She made sure to lock the door behind her as she closed it.

"I told him not to tell you! He said I should, but I-" That's all he could get out, really. He didn't know what else to say, he just didn't want her blaming him for his choice.

"No, that's not-" And she was gone. His gaze fell as the door slammed.

The giant simply stood there, listening to her venting out. He didn’t feel any anger or resentment towards her for what she had said. She was right, after all. He understood her anger and heartbreak towards them. She had placed a great deal of trust in both the giant and the young lad. Eliz had just didn’t wanted her to learn what happened to him, and who had wounded him for her own good. He understood the lad as well. He was on the right, as well. They still couldn’t reveal Kestri to her at this stage of her initiation. Not yet.

In deathly silence, Kranak slowly moved towards the kitchen table after the young lass stormed out of the living room and into the Master Bedroom. She slammed the door behind her loudly, with the lock clacking mechanically, locking both of them out. The bags shuffled as the giant set them on the table and turned towards Eliz.

The lad’s back was turned against him as he sat on the couch in silence. The giant felt sorry for both of them. His heart sank at the sight of seeing Eliz saddened like that. He hated that. Sorrow beset Kranak’s scarred face as he slowly walked beside Eliz, and sat next to him on the couch. After a short pause, Kranak would raise his left armored gauntlet and gently caress the lad’s head. He would remain silent for a few moments before he would finally break the silence.
<“It’s okay son,”> Kranak sighed softly. <“You did the right thing.”> He did the right thing. But doing the right thing sometimes yielded negative results, too. That’s why he had said it would have been wiser to inform Gwyneira of his injury, not where she was. But then she would find a way to reach him. The bond between Eliz and Gwyneira was strong.

The giant continued to speak as he continued to lovingly caress the young lad’s head.
<“She will understand once her anger and heartbreak subsides.”> She was a very smart girl. She would understand why they had to keep the young lad’s injury a secret from her, even though she would find out one way or the other.

<Karking Dar’jetii chakaar.> Kranak cursed silently at the Dark Lord that had inflicted the injury upon the young lad. This would not have happened if it wasn't for that hut'uun. The giant would continue to caress the young lad’s head softly as they sat in silence, trying to bring some comfort to the young lad. He had to be feeling just as sad as Gwyneira.

UeJaBns.png

Last edited:
Gwyneira clenched her fist, crushing an aluminum energy drink can with the Force before throwing it against the wall. Anger was only her reaction, but the root feeling was one she had always felt.

Outcast.

Betrayed.

Forsaken.

Left alone.

She hissed, turning with a scowl as she stalked over to the desk. She remained standing as she dived into one of her projects. As she put together the meticulous components of a blaster she was working on, she felt good doing something with her hands and engaging her mind. Engineering was something that seemed to frustrate many other species, but for the half Arkanian it was actually soothing. As she continued working on the weapon, her mind kicked in and she worked and worked.

There had to be a reason. Right? There had to be some kind of answer for this. She could not comprehend why something as massive as a loved one losing his arm could have been barred from her know how. Why all her calls had fallen on deaf ears. Why she had been left in the dark over something so dire. Whatever logic was behind it, she needed to know. She needed to understand. Was there an actual reason she was unable to factually dispute? That would be far more satisfactory than her fears of Eliz purposefully ignoring her because he didn't want her seeing him weak or something. She had tended to the boy, unconcious and wounded, twice in the past. Was her knowing of his well being more important than a prideful image?

"Karabast..."

She was crying again. Setting down the mechanism she had been building, she reached up and wiped her eyes. She sobbed, her back heaving as she took the time to pour her bleeding heart out. She had always done this. Always taken time alone to process. Taken time to act like the baby she was before sorting this through. She had done it her whole life. Yet, this feeling was different. She was used to her feelings being crushed by her Arkanian superiors. She could easily recall the torture of being discarded by people who should have loved her but hated her. But this feeling was new. Now, she had found people she knew cared for her, yet... they demolished and degraded her as well.

She pushed herself away from the table, turning and pausing for a moment. Then, she used the Force to throw the corner table across the room. She had to admit, using the Force to vent her emotions felt... sweet...

Still, she tried to keep herself from destroying anything else. Destruction was not a proper means of production, and her anger was what she knew was just violent reaction. She needed to talk to them. She needed to know. And she had to be willing to understand. After everything she and Eliz had been through, she could not let her bitterness keep them apart. She needed him, that was why the secrecy stung so much. And she cared about him, deeply. That was why her heart was grieved by his loss.

Her legs vibrated, her hands twitched. So closed her eyes and tried to breathe. Keep herself pulled together. The only way she was going to feel better was to face them again, and she could not blow up like last time.

Eliz_div.png

"I don't like hiding anything from her." This.. Hurt. Eliz didn't realize just how bad of a feeling this would end up being. Even with the reasons. Honor as a Mandalorian. Duty to protect the survivors on Kestri. Keeping Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla safe. They were all solid, infallible reasons. The Chiss training he had made it easy to accept it. But this wasn't a mission. This was his life. His bond.

He kept his eyes closed, welcoming the comfort Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla was offering. Or, at least would have. The crash of the desk caught his attention immediately. He stood right up, his eyes staring over towards her room. The only thing he wanted was to go there. Hold her again. He missed her more than she probably realized at this point. He clenched his fists, unsure on what to do.

3oIWNfM.png

G U I L T
A N D
R E M O R S E

Local Time: 15:37
Primary Objective: Assist Fellow Vod and His Companion
Secondary Objective: N/A

tQcpQG0.png

”I don’t like hiding anything from her.”

The giant heaved a soft sigh. <”I know you don’t,”> Kranak spoke softly as his left hand continued to caress the lad’s hair. <”But this was necessary, as much as I opposed your decision of keeping her in the dark, it was the right thing to do.”> She couldn’t know of Kestri yet. It wasn’t the fact that they weren’t trusting her with it, no. This was a matter of principle. She was an aruetii. Neither of them had adopted her yet. She was not a foundling yet, as much as she was being taught the ways of the Mandalorian during her stay in the safehouse here in Kaddak.

His gaze fell on the floor as he considered it. One of them had to do it. Now, though? No, not now, but it had to be done. She had to be taken as a foundling before they could leave Kaddak for Kestri, to the safe haven for all that had the right to call themselves Mandalorians.

The giant was startled at the loud crashing of a large object coming from behind the locked door of the Master Bedroom. The lad stood up right immediately at the loud crash, the giant followed suit along with him. The lad’s troubled gaze fell on the locked door. Kranak understood the young lad wanted to comfort her, help her calm down. Just like how the giant himself tried to for him. But there was a time and place for that. Now was not the time. She had to calm down on her own accord.

The giant placed his large hand over the young Mandalorian’s right shoulder as they stood there side by side, both looking at the door.
<”Let her calm down on her own first.”> The giant said softly as he gave him a glance. Breaking things, hurting or even killing people helped some quench the anger and rage within them. He wasn’t a stranger to it. He had done it himself when he had a shorter fuze, as well as seen others do it. He had witnessed his fellow comrades in arms spending weeks hunting Graug patrols back on Mandalore, all by themselves to avenge their fallen brothers and sisters that were killed in their treacherous assaults and ambushes. They knew killing them would never bring back those fallen vode, but it helped them calm the devastating rage mixed with grief within their souls. He had done it himself on a few occasions. It felt good. Satisfying, even. But it never made the emptiness within him go away. He would forever carry the pain of witnessing the deaths of his fellow Supercommandos. Which was not necessarily a bad thing for the Mandalorians. Rememberance after their mortal form departed the earthly world to the Manda -- the oversoul -- was what mattered to them.

That still didn't make the pain go away fully, though. The giant let out a troubled sigh in remembering the past. Those were trying times.

With his left hand over the young lad’s right shoulder, standing in front of the couch with Eliz standing next to him, he would patiently wait for Gwyn’ika to calm down. They would have to explain things to her, all the while hiding the existence of Kestri yet again.

UeJaBns.png

Last edited:
Constantly shifting between the project on her desk, pacing, and just bawling either on the bed or in a corner, time ticked by as Gwyneira struggled with her feelings of betrayal. Being outcast her entire life and being forgotten by cold parents left an impact on her. Feelings of uselessness and loneliness. The fear of being rejected or betrayed once again. And she certainly felt it now, and from the people she actually felt close to. Was it her destiny to just live alone? Forsaken and left behind?

She was broken inside, and the pieces were only crushed into smaller pieces.

This agony was too much, and she was left with two choices. Run away, hide, build up walls and never try again. Or, go to the people she gave a chance to and hear them out. She sighed as she looked down to the floor, pacing. She was going to let them know how much it hurt, and how reason could only do so much to patch the wounds. Damage had been done, and they should know to what extent. Eliz already had known, so why did he do this to her? How could he? But she had enough of just dwindling away in here. She longed as much as she was inflicted. She turned to face the door, taking a deep breath.

Okay...

She opened her eyes and opened the door. The halls felt cold and winding. She wiped her eyes, a look of bitter hardness on her face as she walked down the halls and entered the living room. As she stepped into the living room, she took a look at Eliz's arm and caved.

Tears slipped down her face, she panted. Tightly squeezing the archway wall, she was outright glaring as she spoke.

"Do you have any idea what you put me through?"

She struggled so hard not to raise her voice or burst into tears, "Being disdained by cruel parents is haunting. Being outcast and treated like dirt by peers hurts more than any physical torture. But being kept in the dark by the only people I thought gave a kark about me?"

She miserably scoffed, pushing herself off the archway and taking a step deeper into the room. "Sometimes I..." She paused, having to reword the feelings she had, "I've been knocked down too many times to afford being struck by you two. And what did you do?"

She stepped back, leaning against the dark, grey wall, "A part of me doesn't want your explanations - no, excuses. No amount of karabasting logic can take this pain away. But I need to know, on the slim chance it'll make me feel something other than this same kriffing agony..."

Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

Eliz_div.png

Eliz was just a tense mess. Honor versus love. Word versus commitment. This was a choice he hated to make. But, it was the only one he could make. If Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla wanted to be a Mandalorian, she couldn't go to Kestri. Not until she was Vod. And yet, his fists stayed clenched, his eyes downcast. He turned his gaze up towards Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla as the giant set a hand on his shoulder. Faint traces of tears lingered in his eyes.

He truly hated this.

Then Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla came out. His red eyes fell on her, unblinking. Wide. Afraid. What she said stung. But he couldn't say anything. There was no excuse. He'd made a choice, one that hurt her.

His gaze fell as he tightened his fists further. "I can't tell you why." Kestri needed to stay a safe haven for Mandalorians. Any slip up, to anyone not Vod, was dangerous. He trusted Gwyn with his life, but if every Vod told someone they trusted, word would eventually get out.

Oh? That was what he had to say for himself? More secrecy? Another knife cut dag into her flesh, and she laughed tearfully, in pain. Miserable.

She hugged herself, her body subtly turned away from Eliz as she glared. How could he!

"I thought you trusted me! And I thought I could trust you! Was it all some kind of sick lie?"

Her own words made her stagger against the wall, eyes wide in shock. No. No! No, it could not have been a lie! She swallowed the lump in her throat, anger giving way to the emotions of sorrow and betrayal underneath, "After everything we've been through, after all we've done for each other! Why? How could you? Please... I..."

Her knees shook. She wanted to run to him and cry, but she also wanted to scream at him for this travesty. Her entire body vibrated as tears fell from her eyes, pounding against the floor like pouring rain. She finally slumped onto the floor, dizzy from all of this.

"Chit..."

3oIWNfM.png

G U I L T
A N D
R E M O R S E

Local Time: 15:40
Primary Objective: Find a Way of Explaining What Happened to Eliz to Gwyn
Secondary Objective: Do Not Reveal Kestri

tQcpQG0.png

”Do you have any idea what you put me through?"

She struggled so hard not to raise her voice or burst into tears, “Being disdained by cruel parents in haunting. Being outcast and treated like dirt by peers hurts more than any physical torture. But being kept in the dark by the only people I thought gave a kark about me?"

She miserably scoffed, pushing herself off the archway and taking a step deeper into the room, “Sometimes, I…” She paused, having to reword the feelings she had, “I’ve been knocked down too many times to afford being struck by you two. And what did you do?"

She stepped back, leaning against the dark, grey wall.“A part of me doesn’t want your explanations - no, excuses. No amount of karabasting logic can take this pain away. But I need to know, on the slim chance it’Ll make me feel something other than this kriffing agony…”

Hearing the pain and sadness in her voice, spending a great deal of her strength pushing away her tears as she got her frustration, disappointment and agony off her chest...

A sorrowful grimace was hidden underneath Kranak’s helmet faceplate. He drew a deep breath as he listened to her. His hand still on the lad’s shoulder, the Supercommando stood by Eliz in silence as Gwyn poured her heart out. He never thought she would be this hurt from keeping Kestri a secret from her, but he understood. She felt greatly betrayed after all the trust she gave to the two of them, and after all what he and the lad did for her in turn. He wished they didn’t need to keep any secrets from her, but they had no other choice, for now.

<In due time.> The giant thought. She would know of Kestri in due time, and understand why they were forced to keep it a secret from her. Would that lessen her pain? Perhaps. Perhaps not. Whatever it may be, they would no longer keep secrets from her if they could help it.

”I can’t tell you why.”

Kranak’s grasp of the lad’s shoulder tightened slightly. The young warrior was equally sorrowful about the situation. It had to be more painful for him to endure this. He loved her, cared for her. But he was also aware of the stakes. The giant’s gaze fell on the floor slowly. Their duty towards the Mando’ade came first, whatever the cost.

But seeing both of them like this, cut him to the bone. It wasn’t easy to put one’s duty before anyone or anything. But it was necessary. The giant would lift his gaze and look at the young girl again once she continued after Eliz.

She hugged herself, her body subtly turned away from Eliz as she glared.
”I thought you trusted me! And I thought I could trust you! Was it all some kind of sick lie?”

Her own words made her stagger against the wall, eyes wide in shock. “After everything we’ve been through, after all we’ve done for each other! Why? How could you? Please… I…”

“Chit…”

The young girl slowly slumped onto the floor, while tears flowed down her cheeks like a river as she cried. His heart sank at the sight. He had faced a lot of horrors and endured immense pain during combat and the likes, most of the time he simply brushed it off, not paying any mind to them most of the time. But he had a soft spot for children. It was always the young that got to him. Seeing the two of them like this...

His hand over the young lad dropped to his side. The giant stood there for a few moments in complete silence. Only the young girl’s soft, pained sobs disturbed the silence. It was painful to endure.

With slow steps, the giant walked towards the crying young girl lying on the ground. The giant towered over her without a word. The Supercommando paused for a moment before leaning down to gently pick her up. Her fists crashed on his chest and buy’ce as he picked her up and carried her to the couch. The giant didn’t flinch on the outside as her strikes crashed on his armor with soft clumps. But on the inside? Each little blow crashing on his beskar'gam hurt his soul.

The Supercommando lowered her on the couch kindly, and sat at the edge of the couch a little further away from her to give the young lass some space. The giant turned his glowing white visor at her before he spoke.
<”Listen, lass,”> the giant’s voice was bitter and hoarse. <”Believe me, we would have told you if we could. If we didn’t keep it a secret from you, we would have endangered a lot of lives.”> That was true. The Mando’ade had a lot of enemies, keen on erasing them from the face of the galaxy. They weren’t afraid of them, certainly not, but why reveal your hand? They were not stupid, no. They weren’t going to be taking any chances. The safehouse was relatively safe, but why take any chances? Maybe someone was listening. The only truly safe place for him was Kestri. This place in Kaddak was just his personal retreat when he needed to lay low for a while, if ever.

<”One day, when the time is right, you will get to see why. You will keep that secret safe from others, as well,”> The giant’s broad chestplate rose and fell as Kranak heaved a deep sigh. <”I am sorry it had to be this way, Gwyn. I do not ask for, or expect your forgiveness. All that I ask of you is to understand why.”> The giant would fall silent afterwards as he kept his gaze on the young girl. He wasn’t exactly sure what her response would be. Would she calm down or what he said infuriate her more? Would she continue to hit him in response? Perhaps. Whatever she would do or say in response, he would not hold it against her, not for something like this.

UeJaBns.png

Eliz_div.png

What was he supposed to say?

For Eliz, all he could do was stand there, watching the girl he loved most cry. It was his choice to bring her here. To Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla . His choice not to tell her. To ghost her for a week while he tried to deal with the loss of his arm on his own. But, what was he supposed to do? He'd seen it. The destruction on Mandalore. The numerous dead. The wall that went for miles with every dead Mandalorian that had been lost in the purge. Whole clans, houses, gone.

Then Csilla happened.

He couldn't tell her a thing. Couldn't risk what was left of his people. The Maw had already blow up his father's home to stop the Chiss. Why not target the Mandalorians next? In this moment he never felt more of a child than he had when he still was one. Too scared to loose his family to risk anything. He just stayed where he was, even as Kranak took Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla to the couch. He'd say it was honor. But it was just because he was scared.

Gwyn had been rather shocked getting picked up and carried to the couch in such a manner. Furthermore, as she listened to Kranak talk, she just silently listened with tears falling silent from her eyes. She blinked slowly, taking in his explanation. Of course, being the thinker she was, every word got turned over and examined, studied. But she was not an unbiased thinker, especially in moments like these. Her emotions clouded her judgement immensely, and she had one glaring red light flashing in her mind.

First, she turned to Eliz with a heartbroken scowl, "At least someone is willing to communicate in the slightest..." Eliz had seldom spoke, reminding her once again of how he had ghosted her. She turned her head back to Kranak, her anger still shining in her curled lip. Her white eyes were a puffy pink from crying, and a small sob emitted before she responded to Kranak.

"Don't you trust me?" Her voice was betrayed and hot with shock and anger, even fear, "I wouldn't hurt anyone, I don't mean any harm..." She closed her eyes, lowering her head, "What would it take? I'm just never enough, aren't I?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom