Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time Flies

With the aide of the Force he started to run to the right side of the beast. He covered the distance quickly and when he did, he tried to seize control of the beast's mind, though barely, so that he may halt it's movement, and at that time he was already upon it and when he was he swung at it's head.

@[member="Reela Witko"]

Reela Witko

Nautolan. Princess. Jedi.
The nexu felt him attack its mind, making it bark and howl as it tried to fight the feel off. When he swung it turned at the last second, his saber cutting it's tail of as it tried to swing it towards him. It yelped in pain before running off, back into the dark corridor ahead of them. Reela regrouped with Windu and said "Nice work. Only problem is that that's the way we need to go." she pointed to where it ran. "At least it knows we're going to be harder to take down."

@Amtares Windu

He grabbed he arm and started to tug her along with no other words. There was no time to waste, they had to hurry out of the temple before the Nexu had time to recover.

"Hurry." Was all he bit out as they ran through the Temple, and saw the light of the outside.

@[member="Reela Witko"]

Reela Witko

When they got outside, Reela protesting the whole time, she finally took her arm away from him and said "What are you doing? We were supposed to go back to the center of the temple. That's where everything is. Remember?" She even pointed the way with her lightsaber before deactivating it.

@[member="Antares Windu"]

He shook his head. "And be killed? No." He said firmly, almost in a commanding voice. "There is more in there than a starving nexu. Definitely." He said with another shake of his head. "We must return to Coruscant." He said and he deactivated his lightsaber too.

@[member="Reela Witko"]

Reela Witko

"Don't take that tone with me!" she said, a bit offended by the way he talked to her. "So what if the nexu isn't all? This is the kind of thing we Jedi train for, unexpected situations that we need to overcome. You just want to run from them well I'm not running. Now I'm going back in there. Are you with me or not?" Reela was basically challenging him at this point.

"You call yourself a Jedi? Well then, Conquer Arrogance." He snapped. He was about to teach another Padawan on how to be a Padawan? The day. "The both of us are only Padawans. Just because the Sith are broken does not mean their beasts and spawn are going to roll over as well." He said. She may have been trying to taunt him, but he wasn't going to resort to such a thing. He knew there was one thing that would hurt her. But he wouldn't go that far. Maybe.

@[member="Reela Witko"]

Reela Witko

"You're just afraid because you think we can't handle it!" she snapped back. "But Jedi aren't supposed to have any fear, so I'm not afraid of what we could face in there. We ned to work together, just like how we did against the nexu. If there's anything else we can beat it, but only if we work as a team. Don't you understand that, Antares?"

He shook his head again. "Do not attempt to taunt me, to insult me again." A cold smile formed over his lips. "You speak of a Jedi, and yet you say a Jedi is not meant to have fear? Fear is intelligence. It is smart, to be scared. It is necessary, to be scared. A Jedi should NOT, SHOW fear." The cold smile stayed on his face while he berated her. "Conquer your arrogance and forget about this Sith Temple." He turned his back to her and started to walk back to her ship.

@[member="Reela Witko"]

Reela Witko

She couldn't believe what she was hearing from him, or how he was saying it to her. The way he acted and the turned his back on her, it broke her heart a little to see him do that. Reela only gripped her saber and said nothing. She turned back to the Temple and went inside. If he wasn't going to help her then so be it. She was here to prove that she wasn't afraid and had the makings to be a great Jedi knight. If it was to be on her own then all the more credit for her, that's how she saw it. She activated her saber as she walked deeper in, back to the statue room.

His annoyance flared once he hit the ramp, and he turned around to see her walk back into the Sith Temple. It occurred to him that she was probably going to die in there, but he wasn't going to go into there after he had told her so. But that wasn't the Jedi Way now was it? He couldn't leave her behind while he was resting on her royal starship?

He clenched his fists and thought of what he should do. He looked up into the ship and then back into the abyss that Reela had disappeared into and he argued with himself. He knew in the end he was going to go after Reela but he didn't know if he should go in at that moment, or later.

@[member="Reela Witko"]

Reela Witko

Reela came back to the room and found the remains of the nexu still on the ground. Looking to the hallway further in she took a deep breath and trekked on. No sign of the nexu as she went further in before finally coming to a large room with a number of weapons, work benches, a large cage where the nexu likely was kept, and a few scattered bits of computer technology like monitors and drivers all broken into pieces. She figured the Sith here had to have left in a hurry but made sure to destroy whatever was kept on the computers, making her start to think there was nothing here. She stopped when she sensed the nexu was behind her, a low growl confirming it. Slowly she turned as it bared its teeth at her, making her stand ready to fight it.

The decision had come and he was already climbing the stairs to enter the Sith Temple. He wason the edge of the darkness with his lightsaber hilt in his hand. It used to belong to his father, but his father had never told him how he had came by it.

And with those thoughts in mind he breathed in, and then exhaled before walking into the abyss that was the abandoned Sith Temple. His lightsaber was ignited and slowly the blue beam from the hilt lit up as much as the hallway as it could and he continued to walk down the hallway until he heard the growl.

He saw the tail of the nexu that he had apparently relieved of it's tail. He started to run until he felt Reela's presence ahead of him, and he stopped seeing the nexu in front of him.

@[member="Reela Witko"]

Reela Witko

Reela saw Antares come back but waited until the nexu would turn to see him, when it did she jumped up and drove her saber into it's back. The creature let out a howl of pain as it struggled for a moment. Afterwards it groaned and fell over dead. Reela looked over the corpse before looking back to Antares and said "See? Team work. Now come on I think we've hit the jackpot."

He shook his head again. "No. Turn back." He said, projecting his voice through the Force so that if there were any other beasts within the Temple they would made aware of their presence. He didn't want her to go in any further, and if he had to put them in even more danger by doing this, he would. "You are not acting like a Jedi." He said, his voice continuing to project through the abandoned Sith Temple. "You have been corrupted by the Temple, Reela." When he said it, he realized that was the only thing that could have her continuing to focus on going deeper into the Temple.

She had to be more rational than she was acting.

@[member="Reela Witko"]

Reela Witko

"I am not being corrupted!" she spat back at him. "We've killed the nexu and there's nothing left. I checked. Everything we need is right in here." she pointed back to the equipment and boxes of valuable looking technology and such behind her. "I'm trying to prove I can be a Jedi while you're trying to stop me! And I won't let you, understand? I won't!" she drew her saber and stood ready to fight him. Even though she couldn't see it, it was true. The Temple's power was getting to her.

He ignited his lightsaber while she spoke. There was the time for Form Zero, and this was not it. He would have to beat her into submission, the talkative Windu was gone. He was replaced by the warrior. The Koruunai.

He closed the distance in between them quickly. He brought his lightsaber to the right of her abdomen, before spinning away and slashing up along the back of her leg. He spun away from her again, whether or not the lightsaber pierced her leg, and he threw his hand towards her chest and released the force push in their close proximity.

@[member="Reela Witko"]

Reela Witko

Reela was quick to take a defensive stance when he came close. Each move he made against her she blocked thanks to her makashi training. However she didn't see the force push coming until it hit her. She skidded back, still keeping on he feet, before recovering. She gritted her teeth before charging forward and unleashing a number of heavy strikes around his body. Right, left, right, down, left, left, right, up, down, right, right. Even though corrupted she still held her combat training in her mind. Failing any of those attacks she tried to deliver a kick to his stomach to force him back.

She may have been good with a lightsaber, but his tactics clearly gave him the upper-hand. Her attacks were heavy, a silly mistake. That would mean she would tire out more and would be forced to take longer swings, and because of that he stepped back from her first few attacks, only stepping backwards and to the side and only using his lightsaber to block them at both of their lightsaber's maximum range.

"You can't beat me, while you're corrupted." For a moment he stopped, and he grinned at her as if to distract her and put her off for a moment, before he dropped straight to the floor, only to swing his legs around hers to try and trip her up. If she did actually fall down he would have been up on his feet in less than a moment with his lightsaber at her throat.

@[member="Reela Witko"]

Reela Witko

She growled when he said she couldn't beat him. In her mind she thought she was better than him, and why not? She'd beaten him in training, how could he think he had a chance against her in a real fight? She ran towards him to slash her saber down only for him to trip her. She landed on her front and rolled on her back only for his saber to be pointed at her throat. She sneered before realizing her saber fell out of her hand as well. She was down and unarmed but the corruption in her mind made her refuse to surrender. While his back was turned Reela used the force to toss a number of the weapons nearby at him. When he would turn and deal with them she got up and jumped on him, smacking the saber out of his hand in the process. She would kill him with her bare hands, first trying to smash his head into the floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom