Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship TIE Omni Advanced Starfighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasha Santhe

Majority Share Holder, Santhe Corporation
TIE Omni Advanced Starfighter
renderfin_by_adamkop-d9zbnrd.jpg

Image Source: AdamKop

Affiliation: Santhe Corporation, Open Market
Manufacturer: Santhe Corporation/ Sienar Fleet Systems
Model: TIE Omni-X
Modularity: OmniTech Systems
Production: Minor
Material: Titanium alloy hull and Quadanium steel alloy 'wing' armor
Classification: OmniFighter
Length: 9.5 Meters
Height: 3.2 Meters
Width: 3.2 meters
Armament: Max Rating 14
2 OmniCompartment 2’s
2 Omni Compartment 5’s
6 Cannon/Slot Limit

Although hundreds of combinations are possible three popular configurations are as follows;

Typical Configuration A: (Rating 12)
4 Laser Cannons
2 Proton Torpedo Launchers (4 Torpedos each)

Typical Configuration B: (Rating 13)
4 Light Laser Cannons
2 Laser Cannons
2 Proton Torpedo Launchers (4 Torpedos Each)

Typical Configuration C: (Rating 14)
6 Laser Cannons
2 Proton Torpedo Launchers (1 Torpedo each)

Defense: 5, 9, 13 (see Special Features)
Squadron Count: 12

Special Features:
Twin Ion Engine
Communications Array
Encryption Network
Basic Life Support Systems
Standard Navigational Systems
Standard Sensor Array
Standard Targeting Systems
Omni System Modules 5

Typical Configurations:

Combat Configuration:
Heavy Shields (Defense Rating 13)
Advanced Sensors

Recon Configuration:
Advanced Sensor Suite
MAD-51 Sensor Suite
Angel-Eye Sensor Suite
Light Shields (Defense Rating 5)

Infiltration Configuration:
Standard Shields (Defense Rating 9)
WhisperDrive
Photon Absorber

Maneuverability Rating: 2
Speed Rating: 2
Hyperdrive Class: Class: 2

Strengths:
+ Adaptable: The TIE Omni Advanced Starfighter is able to change its armaments and systems on the fly in order to better suit the mission profile.
+ Handling: Sports a respectable speed and par maneuverability.

Weaknesses:
- Supply Chain: Due to the very nature of the craft this craft requires more supplies than other craft to operate as intended requiring a redundant supply chain to be present.
- Weak Hull: Without shields provided by the OmniSystem Modules the vessel is essentially a tin coffin reliant solely on speed and maneuverability to survive encounters.
- Maintenance: Due to the complex nature of the craft and the constant swapping out of components there is a high degree of needed maintenance and the craft itself if not properly cared for is prone to breakages.

Description: The TIE Omni Advanced Starfighter was designed to be a mainline space superiority starfighter taking advantage of the latest technologies to enable it to change profiles on the fly. Sasha Santhe, with help of her engineering team, created the fighter with the latest OmniTech Modiles produced by Sienar Fleet Systems. With these systems the fighter is able to change configuration to better suit the role it’s needed in at the time. This change in mission profile allows for the fighter to be utilized in air superiority missions, The OmniCompartments available have given the craft a moderately aggressive profile on the attack.

In addition to the offensive capability the TIE Omni Advanced Starfighter utilizes Omni Systems for further versatility. Although capable of changing into a myriad of system configurations the Engineers decided on three primary configurations for the systems to be available with the stock craft. The first being a Combat Configuration with an advanced sensor array to lock onto enemy craft in good time and a heavy shield generator to provide protection for the otherwise lackluster armored hull.

The recon variant was designed with the ability to detect most ships, utilizing the latest in sensor technology including both Sienars own MAD-51 and the Angel-Eye Sensor Suite. This configuration leaves something to be desired however as the MAD-51 are unidirectional and only capable of being used in a limited forward arc obstructed by the pylons and 'wings' of the craft.

The third variant is the infiltrator. Sasha Santhe herself insisted it was a garbage variant as it provided no true stealth, not taking into account the issues of hull, magnetic signature, or power emissions, however the shrunken sensor profile increased time to detection and delayed lock on by enemy craft similar to jamming equipment earning its place in standard configurations.

Development Thread:
After Party - Development of J-Series Solar Ionization Cannon
Because this is how you get ants. - Development of TTD-X2 WhisperDrive stealth drive

Intent: Use old Tech Sub and make a neat fighter for a new faction and whoever.
Who Can Use This: Any Faction with a contract, and Any person who purchases them from the Marketplace.
Primary Source:
J-Series Solar Ionization Cannon (46 Posts Dev)
TTD-X2 WhisperDrive (Stealth Engine Component, 33 posts dev)

[member="Sasha Santhe"]

Second chance granted, because you’ve second chanced you’re not allowed to second chance again if the submission gets denied. Also you cannot resubmit the denied item or use it in Role Play. Now that the annoyingly business stuff is out of the way let’s avoid getting it denied.

First off, the fact that it has variants is something that has been done before by others before you and even some who frequent the factory. You’ve laid it out nicely and they’re just “configurations” from my understanding not completely different ships. If I’m wrong on this understanding please let me know, if they are completely different ships then we will have to break them down into 3 submissions. As for my understanding they’re just “option 1,2,3, essentially” Which is fine to have them combined as long as things are pretty blatant to show each has their number of armament etc. So with that if you could in parentheses, state the whole number that belongs to each configuration since you just have a range. I want the number next to the list on the configuration’s armaments along with the whole number of the defense rating.

Another minor detail, please provide a space between the last configuration and the defense / squad count. Glancing at it makes it seem like its attached only to the last configuration. Let’s make this idiot proof mkay?

In essence please make it look like the following:

Typical configuration (A)
Armament (#)
Defense (#)
Etc
Etc
Etc

And so on.

Fun stuff now, what’s the craziest loadout possible for this thing? Also I noticed there’s no development for Stealth, anything with stealth usually requires a development thread, any reason why you didn’t? All in all there are other questions I have but let's just start here, don’t want to overwhelm you or myself.
Also I’m sleepy :c <3

Tag me when you've posted/made edits

Sasha Santhe

[member="Spencer Varanin"]

I only have two issues with what you said.

1. The defense rating may vary via the previous mention tech article. It can't by definition be a solid number as you can equip various types of shields. Unless I'm reading you wrong.

2. The configurations aren't the only configurations possible, they are examples. If you read the OmniTech article you can make literally hundreds of different configurations thus I thought it more appropriate to write a range. Perhaps writing a Max Defense and Armament and then using the examples in armament and systems with their ratings? Although for defense there is only three options 5, 9, 13 as written in the systems section. Can I just write the three numbers for defense?

And then I have a question. How does ammo effect rating? Or is the rating simply an Alpha strike rating assuming full ammo all the time?

Anyways I edited as I discussed here and tried to clarify a few points.

Quick reply:

Looks good. I must have misunderstood the pairing etc. hmm to help narrow things down and avoid any overzealous usage do you think you could mark a possible pairing to each typical configuration to the (recon,infiltration,combat) parts. If not my concern is that you can potentially equip 6 plasma cannons that ignore shields and even the combination of MAD51 and the Angel eye allow the ship to be able to see any stealthed ship. Again the latters are concerns we can get to after this.

But I do like the idea of setting a max and a min of the settings and using those numbers. So yes you can list the 3,5,13.

As for your question, it's all ammo all the time. It just makes it easier in writing the usage of the ships etc.

Sasha Santhe

In fairness there are still ways around a MAD-51 sensor and an Angel Eye. Including just simple degaussing and turning shields off to avoid the MAD-51, and staying outside the incredibly limited range of the Angel Eye. The recon configuration actually has both sensors but the Mad-51 is further limited by a crafts shape, a limit I mention in the article for it and this. Because any metallic surface would interrupt its scan the scanner is placed on a boom. There is no boom on my image so the scanner itself would have a severely limited field of view. 90% forward cone in this case. Meaning in order to see a stealth ship with that configuration it would have to be either right on top of it or staring directly at it. Two weaknesses that aren't unreasonable by my estimation. Every and any craft using a MAD-51 and not designed structurally specifically to do so will suffer from the same problem. The second trade off of course is in this case by putting these sensors on the craft it makes have only light shielding giving it a rather pathetic defensive rating of 5.

Otherwise the pairing and the limits of such are already written in the approved OmniTech Article. It describes in, what I thought was pretty thorough detail, the use of Omni Compartments and the limits therein including all components available with the OmniTech Systems. Plasma cannons aren't on there.

[member="Sasha Santhe"]

In the omni tech, it lists solar ionization cannons if I'm not mistaken those ignore shields right? So again my concern is there. If the right combination is fit the ship counld potentially ignore shields. In my opinion something like that should be balanced or requires some sort of development. Also I noticed there was no development for the technology that was done with the omnitech, so as much as issues are with the original sub, I gotta focus on this.

TLDR: solar ionization cannons go through shields and they're listed in the omnitech, so my concern still stands. There needs to be a way to balance that, -any ideas? I want to hear your opinions before I start throwing things at you.

Sasha Santhe

Solar Ionization canons take up more slots. That's the balancing issue there. Now the problem being with the original article we can up the required slots needed for them. However the choice of slots 2/1 laser ratio was taken from another previously approved articled the J-Series. I mean honestly if this is a problem we can up it in the Omnitech article to 3 slots which would mean you could do 2 Solar Ionization guns? Honestly I like that better than the original setup if thats something we can do.

Sasha Santhe

Okay so. If we edit
"Light Solar Ionization Cannon (1 OmniSlots)
Solar Ionization Cannon (2 OmniSlots)
Heavy Solar Ionization Cannon (3.5 OmniSlots)"

from the original article and turn the numbers into 2, 3, 4.5 respectively. Then suddenly solar ionization are missile replacements. I think that is a better balanced stance because truth be told I barely even though about the issue you brought up. Yes you can still get potentially 6 light ionization cannons in there... but they hit like wet noodles and frankly you'd be better off with other things. Whatcha think of that Spencer?

Sorry for the double post. I just figured it was better to put it in plain talk on the forum.

[member="Sasha Santhe"]

Sorry for the wait, but here's my thing. Even doing that still allows for a set up of 2 light canons and 2 heavy canons which give you a total of ~ 5 laser canons that ignore shields. Anyways, here's the thing...you're gonna have to dev anyways for the stealth which you probably already figured. So three things:

1) To keep the set up as you have now after the edits you've made including the new numbers in your most recent post along with the stealth, give me 25 posts for development

2) Get rid of the option for the concern I've shared about having a set up that ignores shields and just dev for the stealth, give me 15 posts for development

3) Drop the stealth and remove the set up for ignoring shields and you can have with out the dev. - But reading the sub the point is to have the stealth so this option is not optimal so lets just ignore #3 kay?

Anyways, that's what I need from you to get this passed through. Its a great sub and I appreciate the cooperation. Apologies for it taking a couple of days, mostly me making sure I'm getting my information right and well work sucks all that jazz.

Sasha Santhe

Here is my issue with the "stealth" ruling. I've seen people put jammers on ships without dev. This is just a suboptimal way to put a jammer on a vessel. It gives the same benefit as an A-wings jamming system and that isn't considered a stealth ship. I posted that it just takes longer for missile lock and slightly longer to detect the vessel leaving it vague. I've seen other things in the past done like that without dev.

After looking around I believe I've seen other articles use component dev towards articles. I was hoping by posting them I'd have shown that but I just looked an saw an article that listed component dev in dev threads. I guess I messed up there? I'm going to edit it in and see if this is what you're looking for. If you STILL want more dev, I'm game. I was just sort of hoping the previous work would have been enough, especially your biggest concern of cannons which was already dev'd with 46 posts of development and the whisper drive has an equivalent post count to the StealthX as a whole and has never been used in a fighter. Anyways I'm adding them in and I hope this is what you're looking for.

For the record I'm game for more Dev. I just sort of don't want this to go to the archive because I take too long in my posts. It's my understanding because I second chanced this if it goes to the archive it's done. Finished. As I said a lot of work has already gone into this I'd hate for it to die on the vine.

[member="Sasha Santhe"]

Post up what you've got and I'll look it over. People have posted components and like what we discussed it just wasn't placed in the right location. Totally understandable Also the Jammer thing, if you have dev for the "stealth" component that should suffice for this submission. Let me go through them make sure we good fam. I'll have something worked out tonight.

I don't want to have this scrapped either, its solid work. So lets get it approved :). To be fair what you've put development wise it should be good. Though in future submissions using these components depending on the situation you may require further dev on any and all future submissions so just be aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom