Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Tie/mg Starfighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
D8SkGWW.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Starfighter
  • Length: 7.2 meters
  • Width: 6.7 meters
  • Height: 7.2 meters
  • Armament: Average
  • Defenses: Very Low
    • Plasteel hull coating
  • Squadron Count: Average (12)
  • Maneuverability Rating: Very High
  • Speed Rating: High
  • Hyperdrive: None
STANDARD FEATURES
  • Standard Tie Features, Sensors, and Targeting gear
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • None
STRENGTHS
  • Cheap - Costs less to produce than even the venerable Tie/ln
  • Visibility - Has better visibility than the classic Tie due to its side wing cutouts.
  • Slightly smaller Profile - Has a 20% smaller profile from the side, making it harder to hit than a standard Tie when it is flanked.
WEAKNESSES
  • Defenseless - Relies on its speed and maneuverability to avoid damage. Has no shields and only marginal hull protection.
  • Slightly less fast - 5% slower than a standard Tie fighter.
  • Close Range - Has no hyperdrive, and so must operate from a base or mobile platform (like a star destroyer or carrier.)
DESCRIPTION

Reaching way back to the time of the Galactic Empire, before the Battle of Yavin, the Obulette shipyards received a license to produce these downgraded Tie Fighters for the mining guild.

Officially designated the Tie/mg, these fighters were 5% slower than those in Imperial service at the time. This was owing to the reduced solar panel/coolant wings on either side of the cockpit, with a cutout on the forward section. With the cooling capacity of the ship reduced, it could no longer run its drive systems at full power.

However, it did not take long for operators of the fighter to realize that the cutout in the wings allowed pilots to have much improved fields of view, with a smaller side profile. Close dogfighting performance was often enhanced in these craft.

As a consequence, House Mecetti elected to continue manufacturing these fighters for their own use. 288 of these fighters are currently deployed among the Star Destroyers of the House Guard Navy, with a further 250 stationed at various outposts and planetary defense facilities.

While this model starfighter is quite outdated by modern standards, it continues to operate ably for the Mecetti House Guard, showing that some designs are so classic as to need little revision over time.

Last edited:
Issues.

• Manufacturer: Sienar Fleet Systems
    • Licensed to the Obulette Shipyard
  • Affiliation: House Mecetti (widely available)
Link these please.

• Armament: Medium
    • 2 L-s1 Medium Laser Cannons
    • Optional MHGO-1 Ordinance Ring
      (Reduces speed and maneuverability to High from Very High)
      (Increases Firepower to High or Very High from Medium)
One rating, Medium is not a rating. Get ride of the reduces part.

Let me know when this is done.
Maldor Mecetti Maldor Mecetti

Hello,

I must confess some difficulty in understanding what you are saying.

I already removed any mention of 'reducing' capability. I am removing mention of 'increases' capability based on my best guess of your meaning.

I have also changed the production rating.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom