Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Thuella Class Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
1471x909_2736_Crash_jpg_2d_sci_fi_spaceships_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

Image Credit: http://digital-art-gallery.com/oid/8/1471x909_2736_Crash_jpg_2d_sci_fi_spaceships_picture_image_digital_art.jpg
Intent: To provide the Kaeshana Confederation and Firemane company a cruiser class vessel to field and produce.
Development Thread:
Manufacturer: Silk Holdings (Production) Firemane (Design)
Model: Thuella Cruiser
Affiliation: The Kaeshana Confederation, Firemane Company and Clients,
Omega Protectorate
Modularity: minor, weapon emplacements can be swapped out with other capital types of the same value.
Production: Mass Production
Material: Durasteel-Titanium (Hull Plating), Quadanium (Frame, Engine Mounts), Glasteel (Viewports)
Description: A new cruiser design being fielded by the Firemane company, its allies, and its clients. The Thuella class cruiser is a mainline warship with a versatile role, mostly filling in as a command vessel for fleets using Firemane designed ships. Its design is meant to also add in a new aesthetic to Eldorai vessels, hopefully taking if successful. Nonetheless it is a capable ship type with a wide field of fire and powerful shields to compensate for a slightly thinner hull. With a compliment of starfighters and gunships onboard in addition to its array of defensive cannons it also makes approach by bombers and missiles more difficult. Among the newly designed warships being developed by Firemane in preparation for the war between the Republic and the Sith, the Thuella is by far the most advanced and the most versatile.

Classification: Balanced Cruiser
Role: Heavy Warship, Command Vessel
Height: 185 meters
Width: 108 meters
Length: 580 meters
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Solar Ionization Reactor
Hyperdrive Rating: Class 1 (Main) Class 10 (Backup)
Minimum Crew: 458
Optimal Crew: 1,866
Armaments:

• 15 Heavy Turbolaser Emplacements [30 Capital]
  • 5 Turbolaser Batteries [20 Capital]
  • 10 Ion Cannon Emplacements [10 Capital]
  • 8 Assault Concussion missile launchers [8 Heavy Warhead]
  • 8 Flak Cannons [8 Defense]
  • 8 Quad Laser Cannons [8 Defense]
  • 8 Point Defense Cannons [8 Defense]
Hangar:
Non-Combative Attachments:
  • Communications Array
  • Encryption Network
  • Escape Pods
  • Holonet Transceiver
  • Advanced Shield Generator
  • Standard Detention Cells
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Standard Navigational Systems
  • Standard Sensor Array
  • Advanced Targeting Systems
  • Tractor Beams
Passenger Capacity: 300
Cargo Capacity: 5,000
Consumables: 2 years
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: 6

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Hecate"]
I'm not sure if you've noticed, but you have this ship labeled as a Balanced Cruiser with a Balanced Cruiser's weapon layout, but your length is 780m, which is a Heavy Cruiser class. Heavy cruiser classes feature far more weapons than what you have listed, for example a HC would have 160 guns while you have, currently, 60 guns. Cruisers end at 600m as anything over this is a Heavy Cruiser.

[member="Hecate"]

I'm gonna take over for Popo on this.

Only thing that worries me is that you mention that the weapons can be swapped out. I'd like this to be defined a bit better. Does it just mean they can be swapped out for the same value, or could you rip out the heavy turbolasers and turbolaser batteries and put in, say, five heavy quad turbolasers and 10 normal turbolasers?

[member="Hecate"]

Alright.

Now that this has an OP tag on it, I'm gonna hand it back to [member="Popo"] to avoid any potential conflicts of interest and let him weigh in on any other issues he might have.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Hecate"]
Mkay, two things left, I think.

You're two defensive guns short on your total. You can have 24 on a Cruiser and you've got 22. Did you wanna bump that up?

You're also four dropships short on your total hangar capacity. Did you want to add those four? Also, keep in mind that one dropship counts as two fighters, so you could potentially toss in eight more fighters instead of the four dropships if you'd like.

[member="Popo"]

FIXED!!!!!

Obviously I can't math. . . . .8+8+6 = 24

Added 2 Quad Lasers and added 8 Fighters. Considered the fact other Firemane Designs don't carry fighters so upping the number here made sense to me.

:3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom