Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Through Blood, Salt, and Tears

enclavered.png
Crait. One of many worlds that has played a significant role in Galactic history. In the old days of the Rebellion against Darth Sidious' Empire, it served as the location for a rebel base. It is said that same base served as stalwart fortress against a rather aggressive Imperial remnant calling itself the First Order. But most recently, it was claimed by the Confederacy before its collapse.

The CIS initially focused on the world for its rich mineral deposits. Yet, that was not the only thing awaiting them. For reasons unclear, there was vergence in the Force on the salt-crusted world, allowing malevolent entities to cross into the material world and bring harm to the living.

The witches and Knights Obsidian promptly exorcised the entities and seemingly closed the vergence. All seemed to be quiet afterwards. Or so one would think...

Samira Keldau, a Mandalorian warrior with a knack for hunting Sith and their ilk, had heard whispers that a dark cult had taken root in Crait's red soil. Someone trying to either reopen the vergence or manipulate the remnant energies of the accursed site. Thankfully, she was not alone. Accompanying her was Jedi Valery Noble Valery Noble , who had made recent connections with the Enclave and offered her help in the matter.

"We begin our descent, Master Jedi." came Samira's Shukut-accented voice from the cockpit, "We will be planetside soon enough. Have yourself prepared."

The Crimson Harvest descended into the atmosphere. A gorgeous landscape of white salt cut through veins of brilliant red. It was almost as of the planet itself was bleeding. An ominous omen if any that crossed the Mandalorian's gaze.

After traveling to Enclave space to begin a new type of training in her path as the Sword, she had also offered her assistance to help Mandalorians with tasks on Kestri or within Enclave space as a whole. Her progression relied on the hospitality and help of the Mandalorians, so she wanted to make sure they were given something in return as well. Soon enough, word reached her of a particular problem that her experience was quite ideal for.

On Crait, a planet with a vast history, a dark cult was trying to undo the work of the CIS, who had stopped a dark vergence from releasing evil into the world. As a former Jedi Shadow, Valery had a lot of experience dealing with Sith, Dark Side cults, and even artifacts — it had been her job to purge them. While she had given up on that as her focus in favor of being a more visible leader and warrior for the Jedi, she still had the experience to draw from.

"Understood, I'm ready to start this," Valery said in response to Samira, the Mandalorian who apparently had quite a focus on hunting down and fighting Sith as well. Together, she was certain they'd form quite a team. "When we reach the surface, I can use my senses to give us a general direction. The Dark Side is something I can't miss."

Her eyes then shifted back to the viewport, right as the ship came down through the atmosphere. As beautiful as the planet looked from up above, she knew something a lot less pretty was happening down there. She could already feel it clouding the world through the Force.

"I sense something to the northeast, so perhaps we should start there."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom