Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Three's A Crowd, More Is An Army (Jackals Recruiting)

Scene
For some reason, you find yourself on the planet of Tatooine. The duel sons overlook you, spitting down their heat. You see a cantina with a varity of guards standing out the front ranging from, human, Weequay, Trandoshan and various other aliens there guards were station outside the door, just inside the door, and throughout the Cantina, obviously to keep any 'do gooder' from trying to attack, harm or Invade this recruitment.

After making your way though the guards, your nose would wrinkle at the smell of sweaty men and women, with the a hint of spice in the air. Your eyes fall upon a Duros half of his face scarred and burnt, sitting at a table, seeming to make a deal with some lot time deal. The words "The Jackals" are projected above his booth. The Duros was recruiting for The Jackals.

Character
Cadan sat as he made a deal with a dreamdust dealer. He pocketed the dust and took a sip of the whiskey that sat before him.

He wore Red Raven Shot Caller Armor, the armor looked like it was kept in the best condition, with only a few cuts and scrapes on it. Wrapping itself around his armor was a brown trench coat, the coat itself was once a fine piece of fabric, but now it was almost as run down as an old slave. The coat was severely burnt and carried multiple bullet holes and stains. Strapped to his right thigh was a DL-18, the words "Sunshine" could bee seen sketched into the handle. He wore two wrist mounted weapons, on his left wrist a M99 Rocket system and on his right a CZ Wrist-Mounted Flame Projector. Sitting on the seat beside him was a Red Raven Gauss Rifle equipped with an Augmented Shooting Tool, the strap of the weapon was held around Cadan shoulders and under his arm.

A Kowokian Monkey-Lizard sat on the table in front of Cadan, puffing a large cigar. As Cadan looked down at the creature, he began to speak. "Good thinking Jasper." He reached into his top pocket and produce a cigar and began smoking.

Cadan now sat, waiting for any possible recruit.

He'd been on this planet too long. Tatooine, it was called, an impoverished backwater pit of a world, filled with desperate fools too weak to stand up for themselves and equally despicable elite who oppressed them. In a way, it reminded him of home. But it had been a mistake to come here, even on this sordid desert world he had been pursued, and now the work had quickly gotten dull and the pay even worse.

Rumors had been making their way through the criminal underground the past few days of a new group of mercenaries who were recruiting. That in of itself wasn't terribly interesting, but the details of how selective they were being and whispers of their resources were. Bass had quietly extracted himself from his current employment and made his way to find out. If he was lucky, they would offer a way off planet. Otherwise... well, lets just say it'd been more than a few days since he'd last slept.

He stopped outside the Cantina entrance. A number of very conspicuous guards milled about. Whoever owned the place clearly meant to make it known that he was well-protected. Good policy on Tatooine. Bass pushed past, ignoring the stares and muttered threats. The kind of goons you put at the gate were meant to look and act mean, in spite of whatever actual skill they had. It was the muscle you didn't notice you had to worry about in a fight.

The recruiter was a heavily armed and armored Duros. Bass did not approach him right away, instead he went to the bar and ordered a drink, all the while observing the alien. His gear was expensive military grade stuff, and he had a lot of it. A good sign, but not the whole story.

Bass left the drink and made his way over to the Duros. Jackals, interesting name, he wondered idly if there was a story behind it. As soon as he knew he had the alien's attention, he spoke. "So what's the job, merc?"

[member="Cadan Tazi"]

Cadan pulled the cigar from his mouth, letting the smoke climb from his mouth floating up to the sky. "Well, finally someone is 'ere." He shoved the cigar Jasper's mouth. The Kowakian Monkey-Lizard now had to two cigar in its mouth. "Well it all depends on your skills my friend."

He studied the man in front of him. He seemed like the person you would want on your side. "Have a seat, and we shall talk." Cadan gestured to the seat beside him. As he did so, he took a sip from the whiskey bottle and then offered it to Bass.

[member="Bass Terrik"]

Wes occasionally found himself back home. Whether it was out of a since or duty or nostalgia even he didn't know. Mostly it was just to get his lovely parents some of the good stuff. Things they can't get themselves. Before leaving he stopped by one of the busier Cantina's. Mostly to get a drink but being what Tatooine was there was no shortage of people looking for work or offering it.

So here is was making his way past an army of guards Wes wondered what was up. It wasn't until the bartender titled his head towards a Duros in a booth that Wes chuckled putting two and two together. Wes watched the two in booth for a moment. What really attracted his attention though was the rifle. If there was anything Wes liked more than credits it was tech.

The other man was less interesting to him and looked more like competition but then again Wes never really cared about anyone that wasn't a client or a target. After a few minutes Wes wandered over to the booth drink in hand leaving against the booth right beside the two men sipping the drink. His demeanor was casual his focus on the Duros.

"This a private discussion or you up for one more?"

Wes flicked the toothpick around in his mouth looking more smuggler than the hit man. The Carbine on his back was standard run of the mill but it shot true. Wes always found it better to look harmless than like a stone cold killer. Some times it backfired but most of the time it worked out.

Alatar Istari

A
Ugh, Tatooine. Why Tatooine of all planets? - Hey at least it's not Coruscant.. Don't remind me... Alatar Istari, or more formally known as the Ghost Soldier, was baking under Tatooine's twin suns, even in the white version of her normal gear. The mask on her face let little of her facial features show, but it was more than just a decoration and disguise. Her hair was braided as it usually was, and her metal arm was slightly covered by a cloak, as were her knife and blaster. Alatar was on the way to meet up some mercenaries that she heard were hiring. Covering her metal arm as much as she could, Ghost made her way into the said cantina, and shadowed a guy making his way towards a table where two men and a monkey-like thing sat.

She stepped out from behind the man and spoke up as well, "Make it two more and I'll buy."

First there is nothing and then 'boom' suddenly everyone wants in, this is what flew through the Duros' head. "Well why don't we all have a seat and I will tell you all what The Jackals are about, hmmm? Cadan gesture to all of the space around him.

This was good, a sudden burst of people would attract more attention, and the guards posted around the cantina would keep away any unwanted do gooders.

[member="Alatar Istari"] [member="Shamus Walker"]

Alatar Istari

A
Alatar took off the cloak, revealing her left metal arm, and sat down, folding her hands together in a bushes like matter. "So, what's the job?"

[member="Cadan Tazi"] [member="Shamus Walker"] [member="Bass Terrik"]

Wes half turned his head at the new voice offering to by the next round. He looked at her for a quick moment giving her a once over.

"If your buying then I am definitely gonna stick around for a moment." "If nothing else at least I can get a free drink out of this."

He turned back to the Duros as the man told everyone to take a seat. Wes chose at spot at the end leaving him an exit if need before turning back to the man.

"I am more interested in who or what a Jackal is more than what he or she is about."

He paused glancing back at the woman making an off hand comment about the arm.

"That must have tickled."

He turned back to the Duros before she could respond leaving it as a common more than an ice breaker.

[member="Cadan Tazi"] [member="Bass Terrik"] [member="Alatar Istari"]

As Alatar sat down Cadan took note of the metal arm. So many people relied on the augmentations to help them get on with their lives. A sad smile crossed his face. "If you don't mind me asking, what happened to your arm?" Cadan was the type of person to tip toe around a question to get an answer he wanted, as he asked he offered her a swig of his whiskey.

[member="Alatar Istari"]

Alatar Istari

A
"Captured and experimented on by an enemy after he chopped it off in a skirmish. Worst five years of my life," Ghost said quickly, not wanting to expand on her history too much. No had really noticed the mask, thank heavens. "Enough of me, let's get to the point."

[member="Cadan Tazi"]

As the two sat down. Cadan began to explain. "Well The Jackals, have be labeled many things such as pirates, smugglers, bounty hunters, mercinaires, slavers. Just about anything you consider bad." He took a drag from his cigar and let the plumes of smoke float into the air as he exhaled. He looked between the two watching their reactions before contiuing. "But we see ourselves as the people you send it when you don't want to get your hands dirty. We will do anything that I just stated. For a cost."

His face contorted into a smile. "And of coarse there will be payment. We have a large sum of money that you will have access to." He was hoping that the though of an unendable supply of credits would tweak these young peoples minds.

[member="Alatar Istari"] [member="Shamus Walker"]

Wes looked at the Duros as the man rattled off the same old speech he had heard a dozen times. It was a good speech but just not unique. He casually sipped a non alcoholic tea waiting for the man to finish even smirking at the pile of credits comment.

"Sounds like a familiar pitch." "What makes you different from anyone else." "This is Tatooine I could get the same thing from the Hutts and being born here already know what I am getting into." "Why take the risk with you?"

Wes set his drink down.

"What makes your credits better than anyone else's." "What makes your contracts any better than the next guys?"

Wes turned looking at the woman for a moment before turning back to the Duros waiting to see what he said next.

[member="Cadan Tazi"] [member="Alatar Istari"]

Cadan nodded understanding this man's question. "Yes you could go to the Hutts. I mean I did tell Sempra to send some men my way. So go see how that works out for you. Or maybe you could go to the Ravens, but they would also send you our way." Cadan knew that Flannigan, the leader of The Jackals was in close relations with both Sempra The Hutt and Chiasa Kritivass, but obviosuly this young lad didn't.

"Also when your off pirating, your going to want a place to stay and be safe from all of those do gooders. Well we got a place for that too." It seemed as though Cadan was quite proud of all that The Jackals had achieved. "Now, how about you join us for a week or two and test it out. If you don't like it leave, but if you do like the kind of work we do you stay. No tricks or strings involved."

He looked to the man and woman waiting for their answer.

[member="Shamus Walker"] [member="Alatar Istari"]

Alatar Istari

A
Alatar listened and nodded, credits, good. Fighting, good. She felt a little uncomfortable at the slaver part, but otherwise, it fit her bill. "Sounds like my type of job. Payment will be good am I correct?" The Duros confirmed and she smiled under her mask, and nodded.

Alatar listened to the other man's argument and the Duros' answer, and her eyes went wide. "Wait, did you say Sempra the Hutt is sending you men?" Oh, this was bad, her last successful target had been his best hitman, Dillon Trask, rest his soul

[member="Cadan Tazi"][member="Shamus Walker"]

Wes chuckled.

"This is Tatoonie, kind of hard to operate in this system without at the very least the knowledge of the Hutts or a Hutt I should say in the case."

He turned and looked at the Duros knowing the man hadn't really answered his question. He shrugged.

"Depends on the job." "You give what details you can and if it looks and sounds good then you got a deal." "The first job goes well and then we can talk about a second one."

Wes sipped his tea.

"He isn't directly sending us men, just more so guiding them to us." Cadan saw the womens eyes widen. He understood that some people may of had run ins with the Hutts before. "You will be safe with The Jackals, and the payment will more than make up for it."

He began to scroll through his data pad looking for a job.

Cadan remembered the message that one of his cantacts had given him, quickly he rose from the table. "I've got us a job." Cadan send a message from his datapad, the put it away. "It will be a simple destroy enemy ships, board big ship, steal nav computer and return to contact." He looked from the two at the table. "I have sent you some coordiantes, meet me at them. If you have anymore questions ask me there." Cadan then began to leave the cantina.

Sitting in the dim corner of the cantina, he slowly reached up, gripping onto the side of his cigarillo with one hand, quickly drawing in smoke before opening his mouth to blow it out towards the floor. Slowly glancing back up, his gaze fell upon the Duros smoking a cigar and drinking from a whiskey bottle. A wicked grin slowly spread across Pavor's face. He slowly rose up from the booth and removed the cigarillo from his mouth, placing it in the ash tray at the end of the filthy table. He wore an average, every day hat with a pair of pilot's goggles up over them. A heavily worn sleeveless denim vest was resting on his shoulders, covered in several vehicle company or band patches. He wore a red striped shirt under it. Finally, he wore a pair of ripped jeans and combat boots. Quickly jerking his head back, he made his way over to the Duros, his wicked grin remaining. "Eh, I apoligize for interupptin' your conversation, but I happened to overhear, well...I assume The Jackals are in need of a smuggler?" He'd ask with a somewhat raspy voice.

[member="Cadan Tazi"]

Tatooine. One of Zandra's favorite worlds, if only because it was easy to disappear here. Nobody cared what happened to someone on this dustball. She could finish her latest heist and come here to lay low for a bit until the heat wore off. Her husband and kids never expected her back soon after job was done. They knew by now that a good pirate knew when to just breathe and wait. She'd been training little Rawnie and Corrin to know this too. Those kids were sharp. Mommy's little pirate scum. She could not be prouder.

She tossed a brown shawl off of her messy white hair, running her hands through the strands until clumps of sand fell out. Didn't matter how little wind there was, sand got everywhere. The echani grinned at the booth. Ah, yes. This one. She'd heard about this one. A good way to keep out of jail was to do what many in her trade did, what she had done multiple times already too. Join a crew. If she got caught, she could cry and say they kidnapped her and forced her to do their dirty work. Her family knew to play along too. Give the sob story about mommy not coming home when they'd expected her, about fearing the worse. Most of the law enforcement in the Galaxy seemed to have a soft spot for this 'beautiful family'. And if it didn't work, then she had a crew to bust her out. It was really just insurance.

Without a word of explanation, Zandra moved in and stole a seat at the booth, the smile of nexu plastered on her dirt smudged face. Life was a game. This was her gamble. The best way to bluff was to show confidence. And Zandra was all confidence and then some. She pulled out a cigarra and lit it up between her lips.

Wes listened to the man talk about the job with a cocked eyebrow. In an instant a hundred questions flooded his mind quickly realizing how many gaps there were in the information provided. Even more pressing was the lack of question asked of him. It sounded like an awfully big job to know nothing about the skills and abilities of the people you intended to take with you. Sure one could assume the Hutts would have said something and that something would have told the Duros Wes was far from a crack fighter pilot.

He looked over at the woman beside him after the Duros walked away

"Sounds like we are being suckered." "Unless you really want to lose more than an arm this time." "I mean really do a look like a fighter pilot"

He shook his head.

"I don't do suicide missions, a dead man has no use for credits." "Good luck to you."

As he walked away from the booth he looked at [member="Pavor Clauditis"] and [member="Zandra Tal'verda"] giving them a polite nod as he went back to the bar ordering a whiskey reasoning he may as well have a drink before he left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom