Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Thread of Mental Fortitude

Status
Not open for further replies.
textile-art-loom.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: Submit a force-imbued item for the Jedi Praxeum.
  • Image Source: Here
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: This

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Weaver Aera of the Halari-Ra, The Horizon Foundation
  • Model: N/A
  • Affiliation: The Jedi Praxeum
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Limited
  • Material: Force-imbued thread.

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Mental Fortitude: Gives a boost in resistance against mentalist attacks (be it Force sourced or not).

Strengths:
  • Mental Fortitude: Gives a boost in resistance against mentalist type of attacks (be it Force sourced or not).
  • Low Force Signature: An incredibly low force signature allows the thread to usually remain undetected as a force item by others.

Weaknesses:
  • Textile only: The thread can only be applied on an item made of textile, or partially made of. Cannot be applied on metal, for example. So no application on durasteel armor, nor your favorite - bEsKaR.
DESCRIPTION
Upon [member="Anais Auraeli"] and [member="Ember Farseer"]'s return from Coruscant after being easily defeated by Sith Lord [member="Jairus Starvald"], Aera of the Halari-Ra urgently sought to find a sort of solution. Her motivation came at the sight of how broken the two Jedi looked upon their arrival back at the Praxeum on Eira Pechal. By Ember's vague and reluctant descriptions of what had occurred, Aera realized the need to create this particular thread for all the Jedi of the Praxeum.

The method of application is simple - a textile surface/item in which the thread is lightly applied with using the Force. It will take the color, form and shape of the textile it is imbued on completely matching it, thus the thread won't stand out as something odd.

The thread gives a boost in resistance against mental intrusions whether they are through the Force or not. What it DOESN'T give is IMMUNITY. It also does NOT amplify neither one's Force Powers, nor enhances one's physical strength, nor does it increase the protection of the item in which it is applied to - be it cloak, hat or any other clothing. Nonetheless, the thread is mildly more resistant than a normal thread to damage and wear.

Microscopic words have been embroidered on the thread itself - "Will."

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Ember Farseer"]

Is this like a regular cloth?

If I set it on fire will it burn or does it have the normal tendency of Force touched stuff of being more resistant?

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

Good point. I'd reckon it's more resistant than a standard cloth to such damage but definitely not something substantial. Should I add it as a strength?

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Ember Farseer"]

Nah, I think just throw it into the description that it can resist damage/stains a bit more.

It doesn't really qualify as a "strength" to me if it's not significant but I feel it warrants mention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom