Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Thoughts of You

Annasari Annasari
Previous thread.

His headquarters and home in Arbra was a delightful secluded island in a series of four. After the successful negotiation of land, he had built with the land in mind and made sure his plans would be both beautiful and eco friendly. With that in mind he had set up an area for guests that, for now, was where his sister was. After setting up a contract for her to be employed by him as his tech admin, everything that had gotten her in trouble was now her job to protect his business. He could pay her half what he spent as hire and it was still a staggering and generous sum.

Van was good at making connections, but also keeping his ears open for opportunities to invest. He, and by extension their clan, had plenty of income flowing in. Just because they were wealthy didn’t mean much since what he considered wealth was a spit in the bucket for far far more others. Seeing Ripley’s face when she saw her projected income and benefits had been a treat. While he was not a fan of leadership, he did like to care for others. He had, to Eris’ deep amusement, suggested that she take and call herself ‘Ripley Eris’ if she needed an alias.

It would mean that as his sibling she had authority and wouldn’t be so confusing for strangers. Besides, no one looking at the resemblance between them would think anything horrifying. Her own domicile had been designed and the construction was started before they ever left the research planet. Droids had started their efficient work and she’d have her own home within a couple weeks. The speed had to do with him lobbing the idea at her after they had settled in. It gave her something to do, something to talk about and for her to have something all her own.

He was happy for her, truly. He’d given her lease to use the lab speeder, not the one attached to his ship, to explore Arbra. He suggested starting with the island their home rested on. Good hunting and plenty to see, she’d get a chance to stretch her legs and recuperate from being around him near constantly. And, his trip away was his chance. Eight hours from the planet he decided to send her a
picture with the words he'd normally have messaged, however he was trying to be cute, to see if she was amenable to him coming and staying for a bit.

He was eager for something other than work or thinking on his sister. He spent most of his time in his ship, so there wasn’t much in his apartment to snoop over. In fact, he was very well acquainted with leaving hardly a trace. So, at the very least his new little sib would have her work cut out for her. Eris of course doubted she’d sniff around, but Vanir was a pragmatic sort and knew that the best way to learn about someone is to poke around their living space.

Which was why he lived as he did, but considering he had few things he needed to hide from her he cared little if she decided to look and see what she can find. Still, this trip away will let him digest this new change in his life. Change was just part of living, but with luck he’d get to do without another near heart attack. Now, just to wait and see if Anna was free...

Annasari had been hard at work taking diplomatic meetings on behalf of the Agents. Since she had stepped into the position as a speaker, the work seemed non-stop. There was always someone that was angry, someone that wanted to capitalize on them, someone who needed help. To tell the truth, it was a little overwhelming, but Annasari welcomed it. It was such a step away from bounty hunting and the life she lived before that, some days she sat and wondered how she had come this far.

When the commlink alerted her to the new message and she saw the picture, her face lit up with joy. It felt like ages since she had been able to see Vanir, and she found herself thinking of him often. She quickly keyed in a message and sent it off.

"You know where I'm at. See you soon."

Annasari found herself practically floating through the rest of the day at work. She had several comments on her newfound friendliness and good mood- a typical behavior when she became excited about something. Even her paperwork and logging didn't seem as boring as usual.

After she had finished up her last meetings, she rushed home and hopped in the shower. When she finished she threw on a slight bit of makeup whilst letting her hair air-dry, letting the natural waves take shape. After, she scrounged through her closet, trying on several outfits, each ending up being taken back off and tossed aside, as Anna decided they didn't look right. Though she felt more comfortable in street clothes, she decided to be girly and finally chose a flowing black dress, a golden necklace, and her golden headband to match. She marched off to her sofa and found a seat, content to sit and wait for him to arrive.

Vanir Eris Vanir Eris

Vanir had a habit that was so ingrained that he didn’t even realize it of dressing up nicely, even in clothing that he was just lounging around in. Depending on things it could be more formal or simply to dress to impress, but he never looked like a slob either. He wasn’t particularly vain, but it was a thing that he’d been conditioned to do when he was young. So, as a result whatever he was doing or going he was always looking good.

This time was no different either. He swung by a delightful and new shop that made sweets and picked up a box of flavors he knew she’d enjoy. He didn’t do flowers, usually whenever he surprised her he brought something useful as well as edible. In this case he had a couple of hair sticks that while not super fancy, did have concealed blades. In fact, the only remarkable thing about them was they slipped past security.

He had heard she had received a promotion and he also knew that she had no idea he knew, which was part of the fun. He gave the chime a poke and waited with a wide and impish smirk, he couldn’t wait to see her reaction. If he had had a tail, it would be lazily swishing behind him. He did very much enjoy spoiling the people he liked in his life and having been able to wrap his new sibling up and spread a banquet of care before her paws, Anna was next.

He wondered if she had been taking time to relax or if she had been working herself to the bone. Knowing how diligent she was? Probably neglected herself, which made his surprise all the sweeter. Domestic chores were a thing he lacked the patience for, but leaving those that were his without a care? This he could do.

After a few minutes of sitting and fidgeting with her hands, Annasari found herself full of nervousness at the prospect of seeing him again. It had been too long since she last saw his face, and she wondered if she was in his head as often as he was in hers. Surely, if he had contacted her first and come all this way, he hadn't lost interest. Annasari shook her head as she tried to get her thoughts straight. She couldn't start spiraling now. She wouldn't let the anxiety ruin a perfectly good evening with Van. She stood and looked around, trying to find something to distract her. She went to work tidying the living area, which wasn't particularly messy, but it kept her mind occupied.

As the bell rang out alerting to his presence, Anna all but ran to the door. Her arm flew up to the button on the wall, and it swooshed open, revealing Vanir standing there, looking charming as ever. Joy flashed across her face and a large, goofy grin danced across her lips. She moved closer to him before throwing her arms around his neck and burying her face in it. She breathed in deep, inhaling the soft musk he gave off.

"I've missed you."

Her words were muffled, but she didn't mind. She stayed put a few moments more before pulling back and taking in the sight of him once more. She figured it was probably the time away, but she had forgotten how handsome he was. The goofy grin returned, but it was smaller this time. She turned halfway, before putting her hand up and beckoning him.

"Come, there is much we must talk about, but let's get a drink in us first."

She sashayed her way to the small kitchen and opened a cabinet, pulling out two ornate long-stemmed glasses. From there, she made her way to the fridge, taking inventory of what she had.

"Wine, whiskey, or ale?" she asked, throwing a glance his way.

Vanir Eris Vanir Eris

Careful with the gift he wrapped his arms around her and gave a sigh of contentment. He could smell her excitement as easily as see it lit in her features and it made him glad. As she stalked off to then ask him about what he wanted to drink he tossed the gift onto the couch and scooped her up carrying her like a bride. He still kept the smirk on his face. “Does wanting to drink you in count? Because right this moment that is what I want. I smell nervousness, everything okay?

It was a brief scent lingering in the air, but enough to make him wonder. The consequences of taking someone with a keen nose as a lover, there were few things one could hide when it came to scent. He had no clue that it was over himself that she had been worried. He didn’t put her down either, just held her aloft looking at her with concern. While she was a weight in his arms, he could hold her like this for a fair while before he got tired. When he did set her down, with obvious reluctance, it was next to her gift that while leaning drunkenly had come to no harm.

Others might have cared about the gift over the person, but said box of wrapped things were just that, things. Those were easily replaceable, she herself was far more important to him in terms of value. “I hear you got promoted… Congrats. Thought I’d bring something along so that you could both think of me and have protection.

Not that he had known her own thoughts, he just couldn’t resist teasing her. He really had no idea if she thought of him at all, but suspected she did from how happy she had been to see him. “Is there a place you wish to go or things to do to celebrate? I am, as always, yours to do with as you please till work pulls us both apart.

And given that he was his own boss, his work waited till he chose otherwise. Of course if Ripley needed, she could get his attention, but hopefully he left her with plenty to be occupied with.

Annasari Annasari

When he swooped her up into his arms, Annasari let out a squeal of joy. His words that quickly followed brought a rosiness to her cheeks, something not many were able to do to her. When he mentioned her smell, she buried her face in his neck once again, slightly embarrassed. She didn't want to admit she had been fawning over him like a lovesick little girl, scared of whether or not he felt the same. She did her best not to show the inner turmoil to the outside world, but it was harder to keep it from Vanir, especially given he could smell it.

"I've just been stressing, but it's better now that you're here."

She looked up at him trying to gauge a response, and she got that he was genuinely worried. She hoped her vague answer wouldn't spur any more questions about it. When he set her down, she half wanted to go back- she felt a sense of safety and comfort in his arms. He spoke again, and she raised her eyebrows in surprise. She didn't expect the news to travel so fast, but that seemed to be the norm these days.

"Thank you! Word on the street is that there is more coming my way, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. You didn't have to get me anything though, your presence is more than enough."

A grin lit up her features once more as she realized how cheesy that was. She considered his next words, a list of places running through her head, but she couldn't decide.

"Hmm, I'm not sure. We could go to the gardens, the wine bistro, take a boat ride... Oh, and there's a new burlesque club that opened, I've only heard good things about it. What do you think?"

She leaned against the back of the couch as she awaited his response.

Vanir Eris Vanir Eris

His blue eyes took her in and knew she was hiding something, but he didn’t press. Given her earlier embarrassment he assumed it was something she was afraid to admit. People did silly things like that for no reason, but that was fine. As a predator body language and scent were as much language as speaking. He was used to dishonesty, in fact it was a well established fact that people lied at least a hundred times a day. Anna was far more honest than most, which he appreciated.

He pulled her into his arms again and rested his chin on top of her head with a happy hum sound. “Why choose? When I come to see you we do anything and everything you can think of. So, that is one day, make a list and we will chew through it and you will not be paying for a single credit of it either.

In fact, of what money he made he set a separate account just to spend on her. He had few things that he didn’t have income already assigned to and any ‘free’ money he usually sets out for others, not himself. He rarely needed much for himself, though when he did he gave himself that treat.

He derived much more happiness from spoiling others than from spoiling himself and as far as he was concerned that was as it should be. He had the luxury of others to take care of and not because duty demanded it.

He ignored the turn that could make him reflect on his clan, it was another line of thought he did not need intruding. There were only two paths that could free him, one involved his sister and the other was finding a Lupo who was from the royal family. But in all the time he had been looking and hunting for others, not a one had been of the right lineage. His only option was to prepare his sister, or get his clansman to choose another branch of his family instead of clinging to the remnants of the Core.

One of his hands lifted to tickle Anna’s ear with a gentle trace along the curve, the smirk back on his face.

Annasari Annasari

Last edited:
As she was pulled into his arms, she closed her eyes, letting his presence comfort her. It just felt.... right. Like she was finally at peace. It took away all the bad thoughts that ran through her head, and she just stood, enjoying being with him. His words only amplified said effect. She leaned into him, relaxing. When his hand found her ear she left out a quiet giggle.

"Stooopppp it," she said, but the smile on her face said otherwise.

She pulled back finally, but the euphoric feeling stayed. She felt silly for the worrying she had done earlier- it was likely to work that had kept him away, and she hadn't been able to go see him for the same reason. She gave him one last lingering look before quickly toting off to her closet and procuring a pair of heels. She hated the things, but it only seemed fitting to go with the rest of her outfit. She sat on the edge of her bed, strapping them on, then returned to where he had waited. She grabbed his hand and interlaced her fingers through his own.

"Ready?" She asked with a mischievous grin, as she began pulling him towards the doorway.

He scooped her up and gave a pointed look at her feet. “I appreciate the effort you are putting in, but with how long we will be out… Those will hurt. If you need different shoes, our first detour will be to seeing to the needs of your body before the rest of you.

He of course didn’t know she hated them, but he knew heels were notoriously uncomfortable and had he not heard her say quite a few times this was so? He then set her down. “Unless of course you’d rather I carry you all day?

He wasn’t sure if he could, but he was also willing to try if it meant sparing her feet. This was about her being spoiled today, feet included.

Annasari Annasari

She let out a small squeak, not expecting to be picked up again, before she relaxed and settled into his arms once more. Though maybe not a big deal to others, his regard for her comfort touched her heart, and she swallowed the small lump in her throat. It was typical Anna fashion to get teared up over kind words, but she refused to let herself get weepy, as she didn't want him to misinterpret the situation.

"Though I would love to be carried, I'll spare your poor muscles that strain all night" She stated, as she began to clumsily clamber her way back to a standing position.

She quickly toted off back to the bedroom, kneeling at the closet to assess her options. Her eyes scanned the shoe rack as she bit her lower lip, realizing that she definitely had a minor addiction. Her hand floated across the rows, before settling on a pair of black boots. They may not have been an obvious choice for a dress, but wearing them always gave her an unrivaled sense of confidence, so she would rock them none the less. She shifted, bringing her knees from underneath her to in front, and switched out the heels for the new choice. She laced them up and double checked the buckles, before springing up from the ground and dusting herself off.

"Don't laugh!" she called out, giving herself a glance in the mirror. Damn, she looked good.

Vanir Eris Vanir Eris

She would turn to find him watching her with a smirk, casually leaning against the doorframe. “Why would I laugh? I wouldn’t mind seeing just how long I could carry you… Would give me the excuse to keep my hands on you.

He was always incredibly honest about his intentions and feelings. There were few surprises in that regard, unless he intended a surprise. It didn’t hurt that he could read her well enough to know her moods before there was trouble. He was quick to apologize if he did something wrong as easily as he was willing to simply pull her into his arms to show affection.

He had his flaws, but given that they lived separately there was still much room for mystery left between them. At least in this case he was an open book.

Annasari Annasari

Anna chuckled at his words, charming as always. The smirk that danced across his lips only amplified the effect. She closed the short distance between them with a slightly arrogant swagger. Her arm reached for his hand, picking it up before she continued, attempting to drag him from the door frame. She was a lot littler than he was, and the sight had to be a comical one.

"We better.. hughh.." she grunted as she put her strength into trying to move him. "... Get moving if we want.. ugh... to do everything"

Frustrated with her lack of strength, she dropped his hand and huffed, looking at him. She had known she needed to train for a while now, but this was slightly pathetic, and she didn't know whether to laugh or pout about it.

Vanir Eris Vanir Eris

Her tugs on his hand did little and he couldn’t help a bit of a snort. He lifted a hand to tilt her chin up so he could look into her eyes. “You know… You need not tug when all you have to do is crook your finger instead? I told you, till duty parts us, I am yours to command.

He then kissed the tip of her nose with a chuckle as he pushed himself from the door. He could have made it easier on her, but he liked seeing her try with all her tiny inches to make him budge. It would take someone more skilled and stronger, either physically or Power, to get him to move if he chose to stay put. He opened the door for her to leave the apartment, his crystal blue eyes never leaving her. Mostly he was looking for signs of discomfort, lust was a very small part of it.

Annasari Annasari

Anna narrowed her eyes slightly, trying (unsuccessfully) to keep the smile off her face.

"Well I command you to get moving then" she said playfully, then wrinkled her face when he kissed her nose.

The couple made their way out of the building and into the well lit street. Annasari had chosen the neighborhood for safety, and it was mainly family homes that lined the way. It was eerily quiet, most inside, enjoying the evening. The woman reached down, taking his hand once more and intertwining her fingers with his as they walked.

"So, I want to hear everything that has happened since we last saw each other. How's work? How are things in your neck of the galaxy?"

Anna steered him towards an intersection, turning onto the next street. She knew he would love the boat ride with the new experiments that had taken up residence in the lake, but she wanted to get a drink in them first, so to the wine bistro they went.

Vanir Eris Vanir Eris

He pulled her to his side as they hit the walk outside the building. When she asked for news, he groaned. “Fiiiine… I wanted to avoid talking about things, but oh well.” He ran his free hand through his hair. “They made me Viceroyal of Arbra and gave me a generous sum to develop the planet. Of which making the Capitol is only going to cost a third of that sum. Maybe less actually… I’m going to spend money on imports and importing costs however because I don’t want any land raping, environment pulluting and other nasty byproducts of lazy industry. I am looking mainly for businesses who are willing to innovate to keep the planet as clean as possible. Once their product is proven not to taint what is mine, then I allow them what they need to manufacture. I also will watch them for any mistakes and kick them from my planet if they screw up.

The last came out with a growl. He hated waste and he hated when people allowed themselves to get lazy, because that was when disasters happened. “The site of the Capitol is already being painstakingly rearranged with droids. Thank the gods the Confederacy has mechanical labor, though I do have people on hand to oversee things. After that its a matter of building and then growing what is necessary…” He then let out a long sigh. “And I discovered I have a sister.

The one thing that Vanir was consistent on was barely talking about his family. So the fact he had a sister was pretty big news, not to mention he was talking about it. “I’ve told you I didn’t have the best relationship with my father… I lost all of them, but… She somehow turned up. No memories of where she had been, where they could be… And I don’t know how I feel about this. Obviously I will take care of her, she is my blood, but… She is an added complication. I should be happy, but all I can say is that I don’t feel unhappy.

It sounded pathetic now that he voiced it. “As soon as I dropped her off at my home, I ran to you.

Annasari Annasari

Anna listened intently as he spoke. Sharing was not obviously easy for him, but she hated feeling like they only existed when they were together, so it was important to her to know what went on while they were apart. When he mentioned Viecroyalty, she gasped slightly. That in itself was a giant achievement. She held her remarks while he discussed his plan, and how to make his planet better. She admired the way he prioritized things, the environment most of all. Growing up in the slums of Nar Shaddaa didn't give her access to things such as clean air or green areas, and she herself believed it was important to conserve for future generations. She heard the edge in his voice, but refrained from comment- it was understandable that the thought of someone ruining Abra would evoke his anger.

"Let me just say I am so, so proud of you, Vanir. Viceroyalty is huge! You definitely deserve it." She gave him an earnest smile as she allowed him to continue.

She nodded in acknowledgement when necessary, still giving him her full attention. The hearty sigh that escaped from him seemed full of emotion. She was about to ask if he was okay, but then he spoke again, and the expression of shock flickered over her face. He had mentioned bits and pieces about his family before, but she had learned not to press on it. As he continued to share, her shock faded, and the look on her face shifted to empathy. Though the memories of her own parents were fuzzy after all this time, they weren't particularly good ones, but the grief she felt after their passing was still as palpable as ever. When he finished, she slowed her pace, coming to a stop and turning towards him. Her hand went to his cheek, offering what she hoped would be a comforting caress.

"Its okay to feel that way. I can't imagine what you must be going through. You had accepted things for as they were and I'm sure seeing her probably stirs everything back up and makes you question things. You are allowed to be unhappy about it, and not feel guilty for experiencing that. And we don't have to talk about it again if you don't want to, I won't push, but I am here, Van." Her voice was soft as she spoke, her eyes never leaving his face. Everything else had faded out, and it was only them that mattered.

Vanir Eris Vanir Eris

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom