Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private This Wasn't The Plan

hZFxlpS.png

There were only three Sith that walked these halls. But only one was currently here. The other two, Master and fellow apprentice, had left to deal with business elsewhere. Leaving Kahlil at the mercy at the Zabrak apprentice. An apprentice that sensed death. There were no living souls above, and the only people that might come back would be those searching for vengeance. It's why the units outside were stealthed. She flicked on her com, speaking directly into it.

"Did someone come back?"

No response. Her eyes narrowed.

"You karkers on patrol, report in."

No response. Anger flashed in her mind as she stormed her way towards the entrance. "You'd better be dead when I get there.."

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Valery: Appearance
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble
Time: Early morning

The anger of the Sith Apprentice was something that echoed through the Force. Valery could feel it beating against her mind, and knew the Zabraki woman was approaching. Hearing no footsteps behind her, and feeling no other presence coming towards her, she decided to wait until the Apprentice was in the hallway with her.

When she finally arrived, Valery stepped out of her cloak and stared the woman down, her orange eyes piercing into the soul of the one responsible for the pain she had felt from Kahlil. The brunette had her weapon drawn on her side, and the grip on the hilt visibly tightened. Her finger touched the ignition button and a purple blade flashed to life.

"They're not going to be helping you anymore," Valery said, her tone dead serious.

She hoped that her appearing from thin air created enough confusion and perhaps even brief panic. Not wanting the Sith Apprentice to adjust, she took a few steps forward and raised her left hand, trying to take hold of the Zabraki's body. With a sudden pull, she attempted to pull the woman across the hallway.

With an extending right arm, she directed the tip of her blade forward, in hopes of pulling the woman's body over the hot plasma.

hZFxlpS.png

"Wha-" The apprentice didn't even try to hide her surprise. Or simply couldn't. Her mind raced through her options as she reached for her saber. And yet, by the time she pulled free her saber, she was already lifted through the air. The apprentice gritted her teeth as she tried to think of something, anything, to stay alive. But there was nothing.

She was impaled, gritting her teeth. "Karking.. Jedi.." Life left her eyes as she folded onto Valery Noble Valery Noble 's blade.

The purple blade exploded through the chest of the Sith Apprentice and came out through her back. Valery felt their bodies touch and disengaged her lightsaber, allowing the woman's body to fall onto the floor. She stared down at the lifeless body of the Zabrak, but it was hard to feel any sympathy. Perhaps only for the fact that she was condemned to this dark path.

But the joy this woman likely had in her torture.. wasn't something Valery could easily forgive or forget.

There wasn't time to think about all of this for too long, however. With the hilt still in her hand, Valery now began to sprint down the hallway, and hopefully towards Kahlil. She felt no further presence ahead, but she was ready if anything popped up anyway.

"Kahlil?!" she called out, hoping it would reach him.

hZFxlpS.png

Life was snuffed out. Kahlil blinked slowly, lifting his gaze in the direction of where he felt someone die. No, not just someone. The Sith? He laughed a bit. Served her right. Though, was that something he could feel happy about? Or should? What killed her, exactly? Oh. The voice filled his ears and he actually laughed. All at once he felt exhausted, letting his eyes close.

"R6 you beautiful droid.." He muttered mostly to himself, actually letting himself smile. "Here..!" The Knight called out as best he could. He wasn't far in, surprisingly enough. Valery Noble Valery Noble ? It took a moment for him to realize just who the voice was. Crap. Not the best way for them to meet up again.

Hearing his voice, Valery picked up the pace and quickly charged into the room. She kicked open the door and froze the moment she saw him, chained up by his wrists. She let out a few shaky breaths, as she needed a moment to realize that she had found him. A sigh of relief followed, as well as a warm smile.

But the emotions finally did take over, as she ran up to him and pulled him into a hug. It had been months since they had last seen each other, and here she was, getting him out of a torture chamber.

"Hey.." was all she could get out as her arms were wrapped around his neck.

Valery then blinked and realized she hadn't even set him free yet.. oops. She smiled sheepishly at him and ignited her lightsaber to cut through the chains that held his arms up above him. She quickly disengaged it and lowered herself to help him if needed it. She assumed he was probably quite weakened right now.

"Can you walk? We need to get out of here quickly; your little friend is waiting in the ship."

hZFxlpS.png

The hug caught him off guard, but.. Even with the pain it brought he leaned into it. It didn't matter he was still bound by his wrists. It didn't matter his body hurt. Valery Noble Valery Noble was actually back. "Hey." He fell to the ground once the chains were cut, welcoming her help in the process. Kahlil's arms were practically jello at this point.

And yet, all he had was a large, goofy smile on his face as he watched her.

".. Right. We should get out of here, huh. .. It's good to see you again though." There was a lot he wanted to say. But, well. Where they were. What they had to deal with still. It could wait. Though the goofy smile didn't fade.

"You look good."

Valery just blinked at his goofy smile and almost tried to suppress a smile of her own - she wasn't sure why he was being like this at such a bad time. But she wasn't going to give him a hard time.. not yet, anyway. She wanted him to get to safety first.

"Glad you think so. You've definitely seen better days," she said in response as she offered her body as support to get up and start walking. Valery grumbled a little at the weight since he towered over her, but it was nothing compared to what he had gone through. So a little effort to get him up was the least she could do.

But as they walked, she began to smirk and couldn't help but wonder..

"Why are you smiling like that?"

hZFxlpS.png

"Eh, I've had worse." Which wasn't a lie, unfortunately. Still, he tried to put a spin on it. Humor was always good in situations like this. As much as he didn't want to burden Valery Noble Valery Noble with his weight, he was having a hard enough time keeping himself up. So the help was needed. And welcome, really. It was just nice to have her close by again.

He paused at her question though, blinking. Was he really smiling that much? .. Yeah, he was. He cracked a grin and shook his head. "Dunno. Really, I think it's just cause I get to see you again. .. I missed ya, y'know."

A warm smile grew wider on Valery's face, and she offered a more understanding nod. She was certainly happy to see him again as well.. she came a long way, and risked a great deal for it, after all.

"I'm happy to see you too, it has been too long," she said as her eyes shifted from the hallway to him. She was now leading him out through the door, and into the village that had been attacked.

"I think your little droid friend will be happy too. He was really worried and.. well, so was I. But you're going to be just fine." she said, smirking a little more.

As they walked, she would keep her senses on alert just in case - she didn't want anything to catch them by surprise now. They were so close to being safe once again.

hZFxlpS.png

"R6? He actually got you to save me?" He snorted, though was pleased none the less. The droid usually only gave him sass, and often threatened to leave him to his death if he did something stupid. While it was just a jest, Kahlil was pretty happy to know that it was actually just that. He closed his eyes, leaning against Valery Noble Valery Noble more. Exhaustion was a powerful thing. All he wanted to do now was just.. Sleep.

Which was good. As they walked through the village they weren't attacked. And his eyes slowly opened. ... The smile he had was gone, replaced by anguish. This was his fault. If he hadn't tried.. He let out a sigh as he pushed himself from the Jedi Master, standing on his own as he walked forward. "There's nothin' really to worry about. I always end up getting saved, huh?" There was a small tinge of.. Something in his voice. Disappointment? Was he really this weak?

".. Thank you, for getting me." That was genuine. He smiled warmly as he looked back to her again. They closed in on the ship then, or at least where it was landed. Not that he could see it. Given it was invisible.

"So.. Uh. Where's R6..?"

Valery felt him leaning into her more and adjusted her stance - it wasn't easy to keep him up but luckily she was physically quite capable. She then nodded, "I was on Kashyyk, at the Silver Rest, when he showed up and found me. I don't know how, but it sure doesn't feel like it's a coincidence." she said with a smile.

"There's nothin' really to worry about. I always end up getting saved, huh?"

Valery raised an eyebrow in response and looked him over. "Well, there are people - and droids - who care about you. Of course they'll be worried when you're captured or tortured." she said, her expression shifting into a brief frown. "Whether you get out yourself or with help, in the end doesn't matter. When we know you're safe, that's when we'll stop worrying."

The two then closed in on the location where Valery and R-6 had landed the shuttle, and the woman gestured at the area around them following his question, "We landed the ship here, he's waiting on-board. I asked him to remain behind to keep the ship safe, and also to keep him out of harms way. I didn't tell him that last part, though." she said with a smirk. While the main reason was the safety of the ship, the last thing she would have wanted is for R-6 to get fried in the rescue operation. So it was an added benefit of keeping the little droid behind.

"R-6, can you hear me?" she called out, hoping the droid was nearby to pick them up.

hZFxlpS.png

"Right." Valery Noble Valery Noble was right, ultimately. Just, Kahlil didn't want to face how powerless he was. Not again. If he always had to be saved, how could he save his family? The internal turmoil was suppressed by his very nature. He didn't want to give Valery anything else to worry about. Before them a ramp lowered. And sure enough R6 rolled right down. Well, it looked more like a ramp appeared from nowhere and the droid was descending something invisible.

Stealth ships really were something to marvel at. The regret in the moment of stealing the stealth generator so long ago was a foreign thought to the relief he felt now. He grinned wide to the droid, reaching down to pat the red colored head. "I'm here bud. Lets get goin."

He paused at the ramp, glancing to Valery again. There was a moment of quiet before he glanced off and scratched his cheek. "So uh, you were in here huh?"

Valery chuckled as the little R-unit came down the ramp fast to greet his friend. Seeing the little thing so happy made her smile, and she would pat it on the head as well. "See, he's all safe and thanks to you." she said, crediting the R-unit for finding her and keeping the ship safe. Whether or not it meant something to the droid, she didn't know.

But even though Valery got him out of the building, it was ultimately all because of R-6 finding her.

As Valery then began to walk up the ramp, she briefly stopped at his question. She turned around and flashed him a bit of a grin,
"Oh yeah, for several hours. Quite a nice place you got here - the droid showed me around a little bit Very cozy." she said with that same grin, but it faded after a moment as she walked back up the ramp.

"Don't worry though, I'm not the type to go snooping around through personal things. I was mostly in the cockpit."

hZFxlpS.png

"Ah, yeah. Cozy." A nervous smile was returned to the grin as Kahlil watched Valery Noble Valery Noble . Ah, right. R6 wouldn't just lead her into his room or anything personal. .. Probably. As the Jedi Master turned around he sent a pointed glare towards his droid companion. Not that the droid could really answer the unspoken question he had for it, though. Not without alerting their guest.

"Feel free to make yourself at home. There's not much, but I think we got some food? Do be bud?" The droid beeped. It wasn't an answer, more a reminder that he needs to go shopping. He laughed, nervously, and nodded. "Right.. Help yourself to whatever." Kahlil flashed a smile to Valery. It was the least he could offer.

He let out a sigh as he stepped onto his ship. Did it really matter at this point? Probably not. The ramp closed behind him as R6 drifted off to the cockpit. This wasn't the place to hang around, after all. Within moments they were off the ground and in space. Enough time for him to get to the medbay and start setting up some bacta for the various wounds he had.

Superficial burns, mostly. But the bruised ribs were gonna suck. At least he was wrong in thinking they were broken. The man winced as he tugged off his tattered shirt, tossing it towards the trash but not bothering to see if it landed. Then applied the various patches. He had enough on hand to handle these kinds of wounds.

While he never planned on getting hurt, it was just a common part of his life. Another wince as he set a patch on a rather dark bruise over his ribs. ".. Just this weak, huh.." He spoke to himself, his gaze growing distant. All he wanted was to protect people, yet he couldn't protect himself? What kind of irony was that? Denying power to help others only to need power to be able to do anything. Kahlil plopped down on the med table, laying out.

He really needed to figure this out.

Valery offered Kahlil a smile, not having noticed his brief glare at the droid following her teasing. She still smirked a little to herself, however, and left the room with rather slow steps. As she passed through the hallway, she began to hum to herself until she reached the kitchen area.

While Kahlil was patching himself up in the medbay, Valery had found the little bits of food that were left. She knew he had likely not been fed, while she had plenty to eat. So she had a little plan..

"Well, you were right - there wasn't much. But I still made you something." Valery said as she stepped into the medbay. For a moment, she'd pause at the entrance and blink, seeing him without his shirt on. She took a small breath and walked over with a plate she prepared for him. She hoped it wasn't too awkward that she just walked in without knocking, but she had a feeling he didn't mind too much.

"You need to get your strength back more than I do, so eat up." she said, and judging by her tone here, it wasn't something up for debate. There was no way Valery would eat something while he needed it a lot more. But after handing him the plate, her more serious expression shifted back into a smirk. "You'll also need a new shirt."

hZFxlpS.png

Was he supposed to mind? The thought crossed after Valery Noble Valery Noble had already entered the room and started speaking to him. He pushed himself back to a more sitting position, eyeing the plate of food curiously. He wasn't expecting her to make him a meal, though the fact she did brought a smile to his lips. Kahlil took up the plate and was about to dig in when she smirked.

There was a pause as he met her gaze, staring in silence. It'd been a while since they last were together, though he certainly hadn't forgotten it. When she needed to leave, he wanted to give her space. Even now the Jedi didn't want to cross a line, regardless how much he had missed her. He let out a sigh as he set down the plate and stood up. Admittedly with a wince, but even he couldn't hide the grin that formed.

"Really? You want me to put a shirt on?" He stepped towards her, then past. "Guess I have to, if you asked."

Valery rolled her eyes at his question and comment, albeit with a playful smirk on her face. She nudged his shoulder as he walked past her, "Oh shush it, you. I just want you to recover fully." she said as she turned and looked him over.

"You won't hear me complain about a lack of a shirt, but don't want you to catch a cold,"
she said, clearly in jest still. The woman then followed him out of the medbay and paused briefly.

"That reminds me, where are we heading?"

hZFxlpS.png

"I hope you wouldn't." He hid the wince as Valery Noble Valery Noble nudged him. Bacta did wonders, but it wasn't instant. He didn't end up leaving the medbay, more turning to face her and lean in the doorway. Kahlil crossed his arms. "Back to where we picked you up. I don't want to keep you from what you were doing. Sides, you were supposed to come find me when you were ready, not when I needed help."

Kahlil gave a soft sort of smile.

"As much as I miss you, Val, I support ya. You gotta finish what you started, right?"

Valery stopped right in the doorway with him and raised her chin to look up and into his eyes. She smiled and leaned back against the other side of the doorway, "Well, I've completed my meditative retreat. I'll take a ride back to Kashyyk, but.. I'd love to see you again too."

She shifted a little on her feet and briefly bit her lower lip in thought.

"Stay in touch, alright? I understand you've likely been busy out here too, but I'm sure we can find time to spend together. Perhaps even to help each other with our work."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom