Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This Stuff Don't Exactly Grow on Trees

640px-BilbousaBazaar-FAE.png
Bilbousa Bazaar - Nal Hutta | @[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Strolling around the marketplace, Judah ran a hand through his shaggy curls. He was overlooking a table full of droid components, some a little worse for wear. It didn't matter to him. At this marketplace he was both buyer and seller. Owner of Kesh-Rimma Droidworks & Salvage kept him hunting for something new to either buy and use or sell and gain a small purchase on a backwater planet. His other company, Sedna Mining dealt with underwater extractions. Not a drop of water in sight. He had put the hat of a miner away and was clearly in salvager mode.

Yet it seemed mining and droidworks were meeting one another. Judah turned over a burrower drive , designed to motivate mining droids, in his hands. Pulling a screwdriver out of pocket, the shaggy haired man opened a few compartments. A prompt frown, bad contacts.

"I have more Sir. Back in my speeder....Wait...one second" A rather flustered Rodian quickly turned his back to rummage in some boxes in a speeder. Judah looked at a fellow patron and nodded slightly.

"Looking for drives as well? Been hard pressed to find ones without terrible contacts. I could fix them yet you have to wonder about the integrity of a aftermarket part as opposed to OEM."

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
Jak wandered about. He had had an idea on his mind for some time now, and it ate away at him. He wanted to make... something... he himself wasn't sure what it was, only what it could do.

Something about the Force...

Anyway, what he needed was beskar - only about 10 cm3, but if you weren't a major company, that stuff was rare. And pricy.
So he figured Nar Shaddaa would be the best option to look for some illegal beskar.

Nodding back to another man, he turned back to browsing, but then the man made a sales pitch. Maybe he can help me out... "Actually, no, but I am looking for something a little more rare."

Leaning closer, he asked, in a lower tone, "Do you know where I could get some precious metals?"

@[member="Judah Dashiell"]

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Judah arced an eyebrow. He wasn't sure for the low tone. Unless the metal was highly illegal and in such a case Judah was drawing a blank. Silent for several moments, the salvager turned to the man. Various types of rare metals ran through his head, none of which Sedna manufactured. Most of those typed seemed to be held up in Sith territory.

"How rare and precious? Anyone with deep pockets can acquire such a thing. Those without deep pockets would have to get....creative."

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
"Beskar." He had a reason to be careful; that was a highly prized commodity. It was an element exclusive to Mandalore, and the selling and buying of it was highly restricted and monitored.

Finding a crate of beskar out here would be synonymous to... well, the price would determine that.

"You got deep pockets? I don't have deep pockets."

@[member="Judah Dashiell"]

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

First rule : never let the other person know how deep your pockets were. It screamed of robbery. While Judah's pockets were not as deep as Baktoid Industries or a similar company, they were far more deep than the farmboy could have imagined. Yet he didn't see the point in asking about his pockets. He was not a charity and Beskar certainly was not a basic need. The entire conversation was growing more curious by the second. Thankfully the Rodian came back with his drivers.

"I'll take these five..." Judah paid the Rodian and turned back to the man. "So you don't have deep pockets. Means it is time to get creative. Salvaging old Mando wrecks would let you find Beskar pieces...armor...gloves, weapons. One would have to do it very quietly.."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom