Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This Lady Needs Defending (Lucien)

I've been calling on [member="Lucien Cordel"] a lot lately, it seems. Maybe it's my imagination but the man's become a dearly trusted friend. As far as you can trust a Sith Lord who has survived many a regime. But I do trust Lucien. I trust him to be who he is and since [member="Mikhail Shorn"] took my bed I've had quaking visions of a dark sweep of sky with dwindling stars. Feeling the deaths of slavers on Chalcedon cracked the last bit of my veneer.

I don't have Jared to protect me anymore. Although his protective net hasn't left me completely devoid I feel the days of fervour, where I would prepare to enter a battle with my troops, and wake up in our Annaj loft surrounded by an honour guard for 'my own protection' are over.

And it freaks me right out.

It's a sobering realization that my lover had watched over me so completely in ways in which I was vastly unaware. Brings the universe into a finer light, and in that fine light I realize what Sargon said was true: I'm afraid of winning, I'm afraid of my innate abilities and I'm afraid of the fight.

So it is I've asked Lucien to teach me how to duel. Bucket's leaning against a side wall humming a tune and my EMBU's Tyr and Tus are sparring each other with their electroswords. Looks like fun, when they do it.

"Bucket, when does Lord Cor-"

"Seven minutes, thirty seven seconds. Thirty four. Do some jumping jacks if you're nervous."

"I'm not nervous!"

"Bah humbug you're nervous."

"Okay, I'm nervous, shut up Bucket."

"Was that an order? It didn't feel like an order."

"Feel, huh?"

"Your voice undulates weird when you order me around."

"You rock, Bucket."

"I know it. Six minutes, fifty five seconds."

Why did I get here twenty minutes early?

Lucien arrived at exactly noon, he pushed the door open or should I say his servant did , Lucien didn't touch doors outside his house, just as bells across the capital sounded midday. Lucien had instructed [member="Anders Sivas"] meet him in the ballroom of the finest hotel on Annaj, it seemed the most convenient place a short walk from his own penthouse and the loft of one Jared Ovmar.

"Put the equipment down by the door then come and assist me with my coat" Lucien ordered as they came in one of his long suffering servants dogged his steps carrying two bags, he breathed a sigh of relief as he put the bags down. He was careful not to drop them too hard though that would earn him a flogging. Having deposited the bags the servant rushed over to assist a rather impatient Lucien.

Having had his servant help him from his coat and jacket Lucien ordered his staff prepare the room whilst he greeted Lady Sivas. He had forewarned the hotel manager that should he be disturbed for anything short of an emergency the manager would become suddenly destitute.

"Lady Sivas a pleasure as always" he said offering his hand

His servants errected a rather thin beam some two meres from the ground and a few practise dummy's and a few training droids in various formations.As per his request a table of refreshments had been laid out. Lucien looked around "you are dismissed return in three hours on the dot ... Do not make me wait" he ordered to his servants before turning back to Andra

"Shall we begin"

"Lord Cordel, it's a pleasure. Thank you for coming. My appreciation has no bounds." I say, my voice a clear and soft feminine trill of my contented natural state. I am for the time being perpetually Andra, no imprint nor empathic confusion has filtered me into whomever is strongest, for I am strongest today. As his servants bustle about helping the great Lord, my battle droid companion Bucket stands at attention behind me, he's even worn a suit for the occasion, polishing up his feet to a glossy sheen. He snaps his fingers and the Echani Mimic Battle Droids Tyr & Tus do an elaborate flip, handshake each other and come to stand behind Bucket with their electro swords tucked in their sheaths.

For this activity I'm dressed in fine and feminine trousers of caramel linen, a soft pink silk blouse tucked in to the wide, opalescent belt and tidy, well maintained ivory leather boots tucked over my trousers up to mid-shin. A fresh natural face with no perception-based filters graces me today and I am as I was born: A quietly beautiful young lady from Naboo. My hazel eyes flicker with olive and green tones, my complexion is pale and fresh, lips stained with rose-petal pink and my dirty blonde hair coiffed back away from my face, pooling in a circular bun at the base of my neck. Thank you, Livia Maddox. I take Lucian's hand and curtsey. His servants bolt off and I nod to the three droids present that they may also go off. Tyr and Tus salute and wander, Bucket crosses its tall arms and finds a wall to lean against.

"Yes, please. I admit my paltry efforts at the art of the duel are non-existant. [member="Sargon Vynea"] taught me a little once, I've been relying on Bucket's faithful service and the Lord Ovmar's watchful protection. But now it is to myself I should look for defence as all ladies should, even when Mikhail is around. I don't own a lightsaber, you see. . . but I do own this."

Tyr snaps to and comes forward, unsheathing from its' filigree sheath Viper, a katana created by the art of Sith Alchemy, its handle resplendent with rubies and emeralds making up the image of a powerful snake. "Bought it at an Auction. I've been told its' edge never dulls, nor does it fear the hits of a lightsaber. Eventually I'd like to work up to using it for my own defence in times of need. Where do we begin, Lord Cordel?"

Lucien watched the droids with a certain facination , they were lithe things. Ever the more impressive when one considered their form. None the less now was not the time to admire droids he had work to do. Right after he admired the ladies blade, he regretted that he was not versed in the use of a katana ... The sabre and foil were far more graceful.

"I don't think we need to cover elemetry common sense, so we will get straight to buissiness " Lucien turned fetching a foil for Andra. Valiks gift morphed in his hand turning from a cane to a foil. How Lucien longed to know that scientists secrets.

"When one is forced to use a sword balance becomes the difference between safety and harm. It is therefore at balance that we will begin, step onto the beam if you please my lady" he said pointing with his own blade. Before doing the same himself.

The beam its self was wide enough for one unacustomed to cross one foot in front of the other. Lucien moved along it with well practised grace standing side on his blade pointing upwards at a fourth five degree angle. " if you would like to move to within a few metres of me we will practise a simple duel of parries and ripostes, I will tell you the direction I intend to strike then you will block me and attempt a riposte" he waited for Andra to advance, however long it took. " I will strike left then right then preform a lunge" and true to his word he did.

[member="Lucien Cordel"]'s cane is a wonder of the alchemical arts. I inwardly gawk at its metamorphosis, it would be great to have something like that myself. Then again, the Katana is no slouch. Not that I would know, but for Tyr and Tus taking turns playing with it in their practices.

"Thank you, your grace." I curtsey and sweep the sword up for a salute I saw in a holovid once. . . or was it watching Maddox? She'd been a true graceful beauty before. . . I haven't asked about the leg now. Gingerly stepping up on the beam, I wobble as I find my balance. "W-woa. . okay I got this. H-hold on." Staring down at the beam, I search for Lucien's feet and try to emulate the way he's standing in his glory and his grace. Behind Lucien, Bucket is still leaning against the wall. He points two of his digits at Lucien's shoulders, then at me. I blink.

Oh. The proud were the best at duels of this nature, weren't they? I stand tall as I can, so unused to having my shoulders back and posture high that it takes a few seconds to do it. Having my shoulders rolled down in a humble shrug had been the best way to keep folk from eyeing my paltry chest. Put a baggy leather jacket on and the beginnings of my androgyny were present. Now that I'm well-fed and in a better spot in life, my hips and chest have filled out. It's nearly impossible to pull off a masculine look without the use of force persuasions and illusions. Still took months for me to get used to my feminine body and this first lesson of Lucien Cordel's is an impromptu lesson in my own personal confidence. Chin up, shoulders back I wobble as my feet twist on the beam, before holding the foil as Lucien does, I shuffle forward. "Balance. Yes, balance."

As I move forward I stick the foil up and draw it to the side to parry with Lucien's first, the other side for his second and for the third? I try and back up, my boot sliding on the edge of the beam and off I tumble. "Yikes! What do I do with the lunge?"

I hit the ground and clamber back to my feet, back onto the beam. "Oof! I'm okay. Balance. I'll get this. I will. Thank you for your patience."

Lucien walked forward shifting from foot to foot in order to Maintain his balance . he chuckled as Andra sat up "it seems that we have a little work on the basics first" Lucien stepped down from the beam. "Lunges are simple things to parry, in order to lunge one has to put all their weight behind it. You can't block it , you need to dodge or better still redirect them"

"Lunge at me and I will show you" Lucien said retaking position, back straight . right foot pointed at Andra left foot at a perfect 90 degree angle 2 feet from the front foot, he was poised to dodge then rebut.

"Remember when I told you I was new at this? I've never been in a situation where I had to go close quarters. Shot enemies? Yes. This is . . . I'll get it." Back on the beam, I plant my feet in vaguely similar ways to [member="Lucien Cordel"] and settle in with my shoulders back. "Right. So block or redirect. Redirect is better."

I walk a step forward and a step back, getting used to the beam underneath my feet before I level my foil and lunge forward, all my weight forward as I shove my foil at Lucien's middle. Best part of being a healer in a fight, if I did happen to get him (which given my penchant for falling down isn't likely) it wouldn't hurt long. At least that's what I'm going with right now. Otherwise I think I'd be hiding behind the battle droid in the suit and fedora.

Lucien watched eyes on [member="Anders Sivas"]. The blade came out Lucien gritted his teeth, a flick of his wrist, knocking Ander's blade aside. The blade slide past him. His left arm shot out gripping hold of Andra. It would be in chivalrous to let her fall again. He pulled her back "that my lady is a text book redirection, had this been a real fight you would either be dead or leg less"

"It's time to try for your self" he smiled. He waited for Andra to appear ready. "Prepare ... " he said poising for a lunge ... Only he didn't lunge at her chest, he went for the shin.

I muster the courage to lunge and stab at [member="Lucien Cordel"] and the next second I'm caught up in his surprisingly strong arm. Hey, the man has servants to everything for him, his valets are amazing. I shouldn't expect the man himself to be any less perfect. "Th-thank you? So you swiped it and I would have gone losing limbs. This makes sense. Death comes so quick."

I right myself on the beam and step back with a smirk on my face and a bit of a spring to my stance. Holding up the foil, I salute and set into a ready posture. Lucien's lunge comes in and I swerve my sword down, but not fast enough.

A clank resounds through the hotel's ballroom, I look down to a searing pain in my leg where a streak of blood is soaking through my boot in a thick line. Fortunately I'd redirected his blade, but not quite soon enough to avoid a slice through my own skin. I hold a hand up and take a deep breath.

The blood flows backward through the wound and back into my body. "May we try that again? I think I have it this time."

Lucien righted himself again "there was nothing wrong with your redirect it just came too late because you trusted me and not your own eyes, you saw me go low but you failed to act " he turned and waltzed back along the beam

"Prepare yourself" Lucien said as he moved back along the beam, he locked eyes on [member="Anders Sivas"] then down on her blade. A breath , he was calm , he was grace ... This was clarity. His blade flashed out he might have gone for the neck but he wasn't here to kill , that would be stupid he lunged from the breast bone. If she focused she would exit unscathed

"Of course I trust you." I flick my sword back up and eye Bucket. "Bucket does too, right Bucket?" The droid looks to be chomping at the bit. How much longer is the thing going to let me go on with this friendly lesson without bursting out with something chummy? Poor Bucket. It's not easy to see one's charge get her backside handed to her.

I exhale and pull myself back to a proper focusing point with [member="Lucien Cordel"]. The obvious nature of his grace in the matters and art of Makashi are blossoming through the air and it settles my own nervous ticks. Holding up, I leap backward and parry his blade away and let the trajectory take it over my left shoulder. Skipping one leg behind the other, I point the parry and thrust toward his collarbone.

Lucien smiled a suble nod as Andra drove his blade over her left shoulder, she was finally beginning to play the game properly. Prehaps she wasn't the lost cause she seemed to think she was.

Her actions had sent him off balance. Had this been a ruled duel Lucien would likely have just dragged his blade in a diagonal thrrough the flesh a bone of his assailents shoulder and breast. A clean cut. He didn't for two reasons one it would be rude to kill his freind in a training battle and secondly the manoeuvre was impossible. The limited parameters of the beam prevented him from gaining an adequate balance.

Instead he took two measured steps forward to use up the energy left over from his thrust and lifted his blade barely moving his blade in time to knock Andra's own sword down into the beam. Then he swung backwards his front foot swivelling to become his back foot and sending the flat of his blade towards the slender neck of [member="Anders Sivas"]

I can hear the servo-motors on Bucket churning. This must be some form of electro-agony for the droid-protector to watch as I put myself in a wantonly dangerous situation. Except this isn't wanton. It's [member="Lucien Cordel"]. The man's a close and dear friend and this lady needs protecting. Someday I know it'll come in handy, and as he surges forward, I slide back and almost stumble off the beam.

Lucien's foil veers toward my head in a foggy double-image. I see glimpses at times of future events: Premonitions as silly as 'that apple isn't crunchy' and vague as 'next Tuesday will be a good day to get coffee', there's a rare occurance of useful premonition and this is one.

I toss my wrist up and as my arm surges toward the ceiling, my blade points down in a near vertical line. I sweep the blade across in time to feel the force of the blades chinking together. My eyes burst wide open. "Woa. Did I just do that? Dude!"

Yet, I've looked so long in amazement at my parry I'm wide open for any attack Lucien does next.

Sparks flew from the swords as they ground together his blade span out above Andra's head. He nodded. Andra's exclamation amused him "you did indeed .... Oh and I'm not a dude " he smirked .

With a turn he walked back along the beam and down the steps to the floor. He walked to a water pitcher ,pouring himself a drink with a coy look towards bucket, that droid had serious issues. He strolled to the door and stepped out.

He returned a moment later "my apologies , I had a matter to ... Deal with " he walked forward again standing in front of the beam "Aspect one balance and poise is complete, Aspect two ruthlessness and decisiveness is our next lesson ... " he was cut off by the sound of the ballrooms double doors being kicked in then came several smoke grenades swiftly punctuated by the thud of an emp grenade ... Bucket may be out of action.

They were under attack. Lucien turned a stun gun flashed and lucien slumped forward ...

"Sorry, it was a general dude. Like, duuude! You know, you probably don't know I won't call you dude I promise." My mouth quirks to the side and I hop off the beam. Lucien walks off for a minute, and I trot over to Bucket holding my foil. "See, Bucks? This isn't so bad."

"He cut you."

"I'm all better. Healed right up."

"I'm gonna cut his ascot. Stain his favourite suit jacket with motor oil. That'll teach him."

I roll my eyes. "Buuckeee--augh!" Smoke! Stun bolts!

Bucket's electric body was on the ground seizing, numbers in his eyesocket counting down from 15. Once Bucket's number countdown reached 1, the droid would be back in action. [member="Lucien Cordel"] goes down and my hands fling out. I use the smoke to hide, telekinetically sliding Lucien over and out of the way so I can check his vitals. My palm connects lightly with his forehead and a wafting wave of the pleasant succoring of the Light's healing pulses through him.

I turn my eyes to the attackers. As they come in I take a gamble and three illusory duplicates spring into being at different points in the room, all of them with swords ready in various motions of brutal swings at the attacker's flesh. I keep low on my haunches beside Lucien.

Bucket's count down has gotten to 9. Come on, Bucket. Come ON.

Pale bodies in dark armour weave filed in ,firing bolts into the doppelgängers, the were distracted but not for long they would reason the figures in sight were fakes soon enough. A harsh metallic voice rang out "find the targets and take them"

Lucien's head lolled and he groaned. His head hurt, or did it. His eyes were bleary. Getting stunned was unpleasant. His legs were weak he looked up at Andra. "Kill them, kill them now my dear "

"Shut your mouth." I whisper, my body in front of Lucien's and my hands on his shoulders. My eyes flash with light and the light begins to bend, while the soldiers are distracted by the doppelgangers Lucien and I for all intents cease to be in the room.

Bucket counts down to 6. . . 5. . . .

My teeth clench as I sustain the light bending Force Cloak, a tenseness coming to my muscles. There's only so long someone can sustain a Force Cloak, especially when trying to pull that across two people's worth of space. They're not going to be fooled long, are they?

I reach outward to find what little mind these blaggards have and start systematically shutting them down. If it works, they'll fall over - completely under my trance.

The droids slowed , they didn't stop . They were not some back alley cyborgs, some one had paid good money for these. The voice returned now more grinding and droid like "ignore them , find the targets" the droids stopped and turned advancing into the receding smoke. They looked around scanning for bodies.

Lucien looked up "kill ... Them " he said through gritted teeth "they ... Arn't just going to go away ... Just kill them" he lent back against the wall. This acting stuff was hard.

3. . . .

Of all the times to render Bucket out of action, it had to be this one. [member="Lucien Cordel"]'s humming in my ear and as I look at these droids I see there's nothing in my arsenal for the technological.

I stand and turn to the cyborgs, I can't just kill them. . . Can I? I pull Bucket's secondary scattergun into my hands, cock the charge, aim and fire into the first cyborg's centre mass. The recoil nearly knocks me over, I stick to my feet and fire twice more.

Lucien smiled "you can kill anyone you please" he said pushing himself to his feet quietly. Watching her take up a scatter gun and fire. Finally she was grasping it. He watched a drod go down sparking. He pushed himself off the wall "initiate protacol four" he said softly. The droids stopped. Then slumped.

Lucien strolled forward kicking a lifless husk of metal "you took much to long to act, life is a knife fight and anyone not willing to go for the jugular will find themselves dead very quickly, you don't need to be cruel but you can't fix everything with rainbows"

Lucien turned and a few staff came to remove the robots "that scattergun is beneath you put it down aspect two needs work , none the less it is time I think to move on to aspect three grace any brute can swing a sword it take a higher level of mental processing to become the partner of a sword."

The floor was clear, it was time Lucien used the room for its proper purpose, he extended his hand "do you waltz Lady Sivas?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom