Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This isn't your average everyday darkness, this is...advanced darkness [Sith Acolytes Invited]

Coruscant
New Valley of the Dark Lords
[member="Tain Organa"] [member="Melori Raaf"] [member="Shuduc Macar"] [member="Sage Bane"] [member="Vi'kas Mirtis"] [member="Elensa Jari"] [member="Dmitri Starkos"] [member="Akuma"]​
Darth Krayt's Mausoleum
Beneath the glimmering black stone of the stepped pyramid of Darth Krayt, the singular founding Lord of what was now the New One Sith stood a long practitioner of the dark side. Watching the engravings with her golden eyes she groped every word and symbol. The One Sith had grown strong, powerful and had stretched out their arms to embrace the core in darkness. But much work was yet to be done. With this new collection of worlds came the next generation of Sith Kinghts and if they survived Lords. But, Hauntruss having lived through four iterations of the Sith Empire new how upward mobility and the thirst for power breed arrogance and presumption in Sith. That is why she summoned the acolytes to the New Valley of the Dark Lords, beneath the mausoleum of their ancient founder. So that she could teach them the lesson of wielding the darkside without the darkside wielding them.

Indeed they were talented and had meet the expectations of their previous teachers - but Darth Hauntruss was a very different sort of Sith, sort of teacher. Her purview was the very inner-manipulations of the darkside, the ability to call it to work and bring it to life. To wield the darkside like a creator does his clay. Hauntruss could warp anything, anyone and infuse it all with twisted living aura. Darth Hauntruss lived in the darkness of the darkside. After all it was what keeps her body from decaying any further and the dark magic binds her flesh together. No one but her knew what it was to actually be constructed by it, to feed off of it and to serve it. However, the acolytes are still too young in the way of the darkside to learn Sith Sorcery from the get go. Instead Hauntruss would teach them the very basic principle of her power - advanced manipulation and summoning of darkside energy in order to amplify ones attacks and force movements.

ThanatonMeditationChambers01.jpg

Entering the mausoleum, Hauntruss ventured to the central sanctum, which inside was a large chamber with a tall ceiling. A central altar was surrounded by towering cloaked figures carved in the traditional style of the Korriban tombs. There in the very middle Hauntruss rested herself in a kneeling posture. Rested she closed her eyes and called upon the darkside, called upon the relics of Darth Krayt to summon their presence and devour her in their dark wisdom. The air around her seemed to stagnate and stop. Even the particles of dust and dirt stalled to a stop. The pressure of the atmosphere condensed it an overwhelming force one that weighed heavy on the mind. Like a crucible engulfed in the flames of the a forge, the darkness bubbled, popped and shrieked all around her in an invisible storm. Hauntruss had begun to prepare her lesson.

Outside her servants would direct the Acolytes to her position to begin.

[Location: Coruscant]

Tain stepped from the speeder and moved aside so other acolytes could disembark. He stood, staring around at the skyscrapers that pervaded the whole of Coruscant. His emotions were in turmoil at the sight, on the one hand it felt like home. On the other hand, this was also the planet where his step-father had tortured him for being of another man. Tain allowed those emotions to stir and twist inside him, feeding off of the emotions even as he kept them from his posture and face. Even beneath his mask and robes, he always strived to maintain perfect control of his body and it's movements.

Servants beckoned him forward, and he followed their direction up into the pyramid, and then down into the chamber where [member="Darth Hauntruss"] stood. Tain moved forward silently, coming to two meters away and then went to a knee. There he waited until the Dark Lord felt like acknowledging his existence.

[member="Darth Hauntruss"] | [member="Tain Organa"] | [member="Melori Raaf"] | [member="Shuduc Macar"] | [member="Sage Bane"] | @Vi'kas Mirtis | [member="Dmitri Starkos"] | [member="Akuma"]

A dark place at the heart of a world that bathed in darker energy, the Mausoleum frankly gave her the chills to look upon it. Designed as a towering structure, this was a building there to announce to all and sundry the nature of Sith power: magnificent, opulent, terrifying. It wasn't all that unique as far as Sith architecture was concerned, but it stood out of place on a world where buildings were designed for size and with a view to cramming in as much blood and muscle as was possible, all permacrete and durasteel monstrosities that reflected not so much the darkness but the soulless. There's nothing beautiful about any of it. This place, eerie as it was, had at least been designed to evoke feeling. And what is that feeling? Run. Run while you still have your sanity.

It felt odd to think of Coruscant as a Dark Side world, but Elensa had to admit that she was feeling such now. She'd known it as a planet dominated by the Jedi - certainly the politicians had their place here, but the Jedi had sought to make it a world suitable to them. They failed, because they were a candle trying to hold back a darkness that would not relent. It wasn't even the presence of the Sith: this was the Force, pure and visceral. The sum of all sentient thoughts and feelings gathering in a vortex of emotional energy. What could be darker than that? A planet home to trillions would naturally stir the Force in ways far more profound than any mere enclave of those that might be able to use it. And so, here it is: a natural Sith world created only through artifice. Ironic.

The heels of her boots softly clicking against the permacrete beneath her feet, Elensa strode through the vast double doors that led to the interior of the great Mausoleum. She could feel stirrings of the darkness around her, the way one felt a cold breeze wafting through the corridors when you left a few windows open. There was something terribly subtle about it, contrasting superly with the lack of subtlety in this austere architectural monstrosity. The way this place appears to the eyes is designed to evoke a sense of being small, overwhelmed as you are by it's vastness. And yet the subtle motions of the Force within suggested that there was always more to it. It makes you wonder what Krayt and his One Sith sought to achieve by building it.

She had been summoned here as all the other students had, drawn here by the invitation of a Sith Lord who rarely offered them, known better for surprising people and popping up when she was least expected - and that simple quality had made her well-feared among the student ranks. Paranoia and suspicion are a far more dangerous poison than the type which clogs up your lungs, destroys bodily organs or erodes your ability to take another breath. Hauntruss had learned this well, and now the Acolytes had to discover what it was she wanted. Perhaps we are to be victims for her next ritual. That would have been interesting: that everything she had experienced up until this point had only led her to sacrifice. Even the Jedi would weep at that thought.

Sith had stood at the entrance to the Mausoleum and directed her within, the doors parting for her to go within and head towards the Inner Sanctum. As ever, she had spoken not a word: no thanks, no acknowledgement, just a simple stride away to leave them behind her. Now the centre of the complex stood before her, massive stone statues depicting robed figures standing around the altar that served as the centrepiece of the room. There knelt a Sith that Elensa had never seen before, but one that was easily identified. Who else would dare to stand where a Sith Lord should stand, having summoned us here?

Another had already arrived, but Elensa ignored him with her usual disinclination to mingle. He would only try to draw me into conversation, and that is an impossibility. Her sole offering of acknowledgement to any within was a short bow of greeting towards the kneeling Sith Lord. Many are there who would let their ego strike out if we offended it, so deference is better. Besides, a Sith Lord qualified as her social equal, so it wasn't inappropriate. And I may as well walk to sacrifice with a touch of audacity, she thought in amusement, the very faintest of smiles curving her lips as she watched and waited.

I felt eyes upon me. Yet I was at the back of the group of the acolytes. Maybe the looks of one of the servants behind me. I had my hands down by my sides. The red bracers on my arms almost bright in the sun of Courscant. I came to this calling of the darkness of the force. First off, I wanted to prove that I could become stronger. I depended on myself almost my entire life. I needed to become stronger. And the only way that I could, was to learn of the Dark side in which I was taught of. Others thought it was better to train in both the Light, and the Dark. Getting a Mix of the two so they could combat both sides. However they were wrong in my eyes.

If they wanted to fight the Darkness, they needed to embrace it. Understand it. And that was my goal. I wanted to embrace the fullness of the Dark side. And possibly, maybe find a way to get to him. Just the thought of him made me want to leave. Dipping my head down, I let my raven black hair cover my eyes. Physically I looked void of all emotion. Possibly looking in pain for being here. For taking the calling of coming to learn of the Dark side. I looked down at my scared hands from the time I had been an Ex-slave. I would overcome my past. Showing all those who looked down on me, will kneel and kiss my feet. Praise me for my ventures, and beg me for forgiveness.

I had conflicting emotions. Wanting to love the only person who had showed me there was kindness in the world, yet wanting everyone who caused me pain to feel it the same way I did. I wanted to cause pain to everyone. I would enjoy the pleasure, and have the honor of inflicting every wound, scratch and bruise upon those who pushed me away. Thrusting me down. Right now, I wanted to learn, to become stronger so I could protect myself. So I could find him, and keep him alive. He won't die. He can't die.

I walked to the New Valley. Seeing the many formations and coming through the large doors within. Servants ushered me through to come into the inner chambers. My soft boots making almost no sound as I walked. I moved my left hand to rest on the Katana on my waist. I always carried the weapon with me. I cherished it because I had received it from him. And therefore, I will keep it and use it in his name. On my right hip, hung a simple lightsaber hilt that I almost rarely used. However, I carried it anyways as there was no way you could predict the future.

Stepping forward, I saw others around. Most importantly, a Lady. Darkness radiated from her like light from the sun. Constant, and almost overpowering. I felt darkness in my heart. Forcing me to want to endure more pain, as well as cause it to others. Those who were already there were silent. And I forgot about them as I looked at this woman. Kneeing on the dais with her red skin. The statues all looked to be bowing to her in their tall figures. Robes covered them all within this chamber. Within this mausoleum. I felt small. I was short and rather tiny compared to others, but in here, I felt like a bug. A being that was insignificant.

This only fueled me further to empower myself with the dark side of the force. I stood tall, as tall as a girl my size could, and waited for others to come, or for me to be spoken to.

[member="Tain Organa"], [member="Darth Hauntruss"], [member="Elensa Jari"],

[member="Darth Hauntruss"] @Akuma @Elensa Jari [member="Tain Organa"]

As she entered the place the masked Sith acolyte kept a slow even pace her eyes followed the various members here, she could see as much as sense them in the more traditional force sense. Everybody had a different sort of hue if you like to them. The force was ever so careful never to follow too often in the same way through everybody. As she stepped to where she could be seen and observed by Hauntress she bowed in respect to the Sith Lady but the mask remained hiding her face but not her sight.

Coruscant. The galactic hub, a sprawling mass of towering edifices that covered an entire planet. The sky was covered by the thick smog of pollution, as it always was. Yet, something was different. Darkness permeated the air, and you didn't need the Force to realise that. At least, it permeated the air around the mausoleum, where Wolfgang had just disembarked. Perhaps one would feel fear from the surrounding darkness, but Wolf could only sense one thing. Opportunity.

Answering this invitation may have been a little ambitious. Wolf had little to no knowledge of how to use the Force. He was sent here after demonstrating Force abilities whilst on the field of combat. As he walked into the mausoleum, he calmly acknowledged that he would most likely be the least experienced acolyte in the room. In fact, this would be his first taste of knowledge ever when it came to learning about the Force, and his first outing since joining the One Sith.

What he lacked in knowledge of the Force, he believed he would make up for in intellect and combat expertise. He had spent six years fighting for the Sith military, he knew what it meant to be ruthless and efficient. A vibroblade hung by his side, that was his only weapon. He was well versed with the art of combat, but he was quite aware that a skilled Force user could very well just lift him into the air with the mysterious powers of the Force and crush his ribcage before he got anywhere close to them. That wasn't really what Wolf had in mind when joining the Sith.

Wolf wondered whether someone with such little knowledge of the Force such as himself could even learn from this session without basic knowledge from elsewhere. The man knew better than to let such doubts enter his mind however, he was a quick learner and was confident in his abilities. He continued to walk through the mausoleum, and acknowledged the servants with a nod as they led him into the central sanctum.

The atmosphere quite suddenly changed, as if entering a pressurised room. Indeed the pressure of the room was high here, but it was not due to a vacuum or heightened altitude. No, it was due to a figure in the centre of the chamber. The darkness was so real now, Wolf could feel it with every fibre of his body. Anticipation welled within him as he took his place next to the other Acolytes. Wolf bowed his head respectfully to the Sith that knelt in the centre, presumably the same that had invited the acolytes. He then turned to the acolytes that stood next to him, giving them a quick nod of acknowledgement.

His attention quickly turned back to the Sith who knelt in the centre. This must be Darth Hauntruss. He could feel immense power from the figure, a power that seemed like it could crush Wolf inside out if it so chose, and he did not doubt it. The air around the Sith seemed to have been suspended in motion, and the darkness in the room lay heavy on Wolf's mind. It was a burden that he ached to control, a power that he longed to have as his own, but his mind was not yet ready. The darkness teased him, as if it knew he was not skilled enough to control it, or even harness it to any extent. The young man clenched his jaws and ignored the frustration that resided within him due to his lack of experience with the Force. He stared into the distance, his thoughts jabbing outwards as if he addressed the Dark Side itself.

One day, you will be mine.

The frustration translated into determination as Wolfgang concentrated on the Sith in front of him, intent on listening and taking in her every word.

Darth Timoris

To err is human, to forgive divine. And I'm no god
Melori had visited many parts of Coruscant since she’d arrived. The inside of the hospital had seen most of her, but since she recovered from her coma, she’d taken delight in spending as much time as she could in places the Jedi once called home.

But the glimmering black stone of the stepped pyramid of Darth Krayt in the New Valley of the Dark Lords was not somewhere she’d been before. It was reminiscent of Korriban - but that would no doubt be by design. And nor had her teaching extended to this particular ancient Sith Lord as yet – so she did a little ‘light reading’ before she arrived – as in her limited experience, knowing who a Sith held in high esteem tended to educate you as to something about the teacher.

Krayt was a Jedi that realised late in life his mistake and finally embraced his true calling. Better late than never, Melori mused, but regardless felt an affinity for his situation. He was another that believed in secrecy and the more she read, the greater the number of similarities she found – his desire for revenge foremost among them.

So she entered the mausoleum under the guidance of a servant and was directed to the central sanctum and finally to a large chamber with a tall ceiling. Dominating proceedings was a central altar that was surrounded by towering cloaked figures carved in the traditional style of the Korriban tombs.

At the very centre was no doubt their teacher. Darth Hauntruss was someone she knew of only by reputation. But the Darkness that surrounded her was palpable and in a perverse way, Acolytes seemed to be drawn to her likes moths to a flame.

She saw some kneel and others bow. Melori did neither. She respected the Sith for her obvious power but servitude was something she did not aspire to. Those that chose to rule bowed to no-one - even if they were only starting out on the road to freedom. A small smile played across her lips and some words she’d read the previous night came to mind. ‘What we pretend to be, we often become.’ All this bowing and scraping will turn the others into servants. That much she agreed with Darth Krayt on.

[member="Darth Hauntruss"] | [member="Tain Organa"] | [member="Elensa Jari"] | [member="Akuma"] | [member="Shuduc Macar"] | [member="Wolf"]

The air inside Darth Hauntruss’ mausoleum was as oppressive as the humid clouds hanging low in the sky before a roiling storm. As Sage Bane was brought into the hallowed halls for training with the Sith Warmaster, a tinge of panic soaked through his bloodstream. The young and unstable Acolyte belonging to Matsu Xiangu had directly defied Darth Hauntruss’s orders during the Jedi enclave purge on Dorin, an operation that the Inquisitional Warmaster herself had led. Ordered not to kill civilians, Sage had massacred an entire space station of Kel Dor, including many civilians. Unsure of his fate upon meeting the Sith Lord in person, he only hoped that the fact that he was still alive meant that his actions would not be met with a severe punishment.

Casting a perfunctory glance around the room, Sage appraised the other Acolytes and silently measured them up. A smile spread over his face as Sage noticed the familiar lithe form of the Acolyte he had fought in the Tournament. The mute swan whose feathers he had sullied. He toyed with the idea of sending [member="Elensa Jari"] a whisper through the air, taunting her with his presence, but thought better of it. He was not here to play games. He was here to learn the gifts that Darth Hauntruss was willing to impart, and to show his worth as Sith.

Only one of the Acolytes was kneeling before Hauntruss. Did these whelps forget what a great luminary held court over them? Sage took a knee in front of the Warmaster along with [member="Tain Organa"] and bowed his head. After what happened at the Dorin space port, he would take no chances that he would be branded the "insolent" Acolyte.

Kneeling in front of the altar before them, Darth Hauntruss herself emanated a dark side power so thick it nearly choked the room. The silent, cloaked sentinels that lined the halls looked down upon the Acolytes, judging them, reminders of the immortality the dark side could offer, if one were courageous enough to survive the trials of learning all of its secrets.

[member="Melori Raaf"] [member="Wolf"] [member="Shuduc Macar"] [member="Akuma"]

She noted the one who did not bow, one could guess the attitude but respect was not a weakness in her mind but she'd let others be the rogue showing themselves early. One good thing she knew was that sometimes one played the servant to become the master. It was a game in a sense one life played all the time to test those who were strong in mind not just will and body. A poor wit was a deadly a poison as any created by the galaxy. It was also insidious because it took many guises and could strike at any time. But she also could see the force where most here just felt it. Oh she felt it yes but to see it added a new layer of understanding. The woman before them was possibly the closest thing to a Dark Side abyss she'd ever seen outside the pitch blackness of the place she'd escaped where the force did not flow. But it was not a bland black, it was tinged with hues of emotions at times or power or thoughts. All gave off a special sort of distinctiveness to them. One thing she knew was that this being had preserved herself through the force how she had no clue exactly how. The intricacies of it were so layered and textured it was like trying to pick out individual strands of a high thread count fabric while it kept moving. Without an understanding on where to begin one may as well try to count all the grains of sand on a beach by one by one.

[member="Sage Bane"] | [member="Melori Raaf"] | [member="Wolf"] | [member="Akuma"] | [member="Elensa Jari"] | [member="Tain Organa"] | [member="Darth Hauntruss"]

Darth Hauntruss? Now what was a name Nulgath did not know. A Sithlord the middle aged epicanthix didn't know that was a rare occurrence since he had spent over 6+ Years studying Sith Culture and History. Nulgath was a Scholar and Tactician with a unquenchable thirst for knowledge... And knowledge was power. Power to know what the future held and the power to impose a will onto others with the slightest mention of word. Power the Darkside called him to embrace in full, He did not want to miss a single detail. Making his way to the entrance he waited and nodded to the servants to guided him inside the Mausoleum of darkside energy. Slowly he walked in with his back straight and his hands rested behind his hand, His head was held high and his eyes straight ahead at the Dark Lord who Rested in a kneeled position. Nulgaths Attire was that of a Inquisitor as well, Robes paired with some armor that could mostly be found around the neck, shoulders and down his back. In his entire presence suggested that the other Acolytes in the room didn't even exist! For his eyes did not glance a single time at any of them. His peripheral vision caught them all as he passed by, examining each face and persons body language. His mind stirred as his mouth stayed calm and silent.

- How can these Neophyte's stand dumb founded in the midst of this defiling sensation that is the Darkside?! I see some have already thrown themselves down to the side of the source like a mindless parasite. Pathetic... - he thought to himself.

Arrogance was the cause..

Stopping couple feet of the Kneeled Sith Lord Nulgath unclasped his hands from behind his back, placing one on his stomach and extending his other hand out away from his person he took a elegant bow as a show of respect. Returning to his normal position Nulgath closed his eyes and began to take everything in, Centering himself in his environment, preparing his mind to learn. During the process he could only smirk as he felt eyes on his figure from behind. He was used to it all, He was older than the others that was the fact and his years spent extra as an Acolyte were not in vain he had learned much. He was not the raging brute that never took no for an answer, he was the scholar, historian, Sorcerer & Schemer.

[member="Shuduc Macar"]
[member="Sage Bane"]
[member="Wolf"]
[member="Akuma"]
[member="Elensa Jari"]
[member="Melori Raaf"]
[member="Tain Organa"]
[member="Darth Hauntruss"]

[member="Tain Organa"] [member="Melori Raaf"] [member="Shuduc Macar"] [member="Sage Bane"] [member="Vi'kas Mirtis"] [member="Elensa Jari"] [member="Dmitri Starkos"] [member="Akuma"] [member="Wolf"] [member="Tain Organa"] [member="Nulgath Zardai"]

Hauntruss through force watched the acolytes gather. Some knelt, others held a stead fast stand while others went about their own entrance and surveillance. Pressing against her knee Hauntruss rose up and as she did she removed her hood. The flowing white pale hair dangled below her shoulders and her bright red skin was revealed from behind. Passing her dark gloved hands lower she then removed her cloak to expose the black robes bound together by a series of interlocking leather straps at her waist. Turning completely to face the acolytes her golden Sith eyes beamed down at them. Each glance was cruel judgement on their current positions.

"I am Darth Hauntruss." Hauntruss began in a cold lecture, "I have lived for centuries and I have seen many Sith come and go. But what remains constant is the Force...the Dark Side." Hauntruss pressed forward with each step of her boot echoing in the chamber. "The Dark Side is a powerful ally indeed. But some Sith consider it an entitlement. They stupidly think that because they wield it that it deserves their power." She shook her head in a slow tilt while keeping her eyes trained on the group. As she approached she came close to each acolyte and meet their eyes with hers. As she inspected each one the dark side summoned by her howled in the force and a great shadow followed behind Hauntruss. "This is why I have summoned you here. So that you may become far more intimate with the Dark Side and come to respect it. Never give in to the flaws that have destroyed so many Sith before you."

"Arrogance." Hauntruss hissed in a venomous warning at one of the acolytes. "Presumption" She continued with a pause. "Ignorance and Impulse!" Hauntruss finished by passing the last acolyte. "With me you will learn true respect for the only dark master there is. And with this dark enlightenment your grasp over the dark side and its untold power...shall be...complete. You will come to possess a far greater ability to summon it, in greater magnitudes than you began." Hauntruss turned away. Facing the far wall that held a large tablet the length of the wall with replicated ancient Sith language. Suddenly, her attendants emerged from the entrance carrying ornate trays and containers.

Still facing away from the group Hauntruss hissed, "Your weapons..." she scowled, "You will not need them. My attendants shall see to their careful stewardship while you train." Hauntruss lowered her head and the grasped her fingers together. While the acolytes would depart from their familiar weapons and be left with only the force, she began to mutter in a dark tongue, in the ancient Sith Magic. The spell began to cause flashes of energy in bright purple and green strikes of force lightening around her. While the shadows of the room seemed to grow and grow regardless of the size of the light source that cast them. Hauntruss would summon the acolytes first test.

Darth Timoris

Melori watched as Darth Hauntruss rose and removed her hood. Was she surprised by the flowing white hair? Possibly. But the golden eyes were certainly not expected.

Melori felt judged by this woman – but she was ready for it. It was, in her eyes, what this was all about. Proving her worth. She didn’t have to be liked, she just needed to be deemed laudable to be progressed to become a true Sith – a Knight. But that was a long way away.

And Melori listened intently as she spoke. Unlike her younger years when she avoided lectures by ever more elaborate means – her time as a Sith was spent in rapt study, she hung on every word. She learned even when not instructed.

As the Sith came close, Melori could feel the power she wielded, that followed her palpably around the room.

When Darth Hauntruss spat out the word arrogance, Melori wondered if she was talking of her. Her Master had warned her on countless occasions. As she reflected on this, she was brought out of her thoughts by attendants, who suddenly appeared carrying ornate trays and containers.

Melori handed over her saber to the attendant that walked up to her but her eyes never left Darth Hauntuss as she began to mutter in an unfamiliar language. Suddenly there were flashes of energy in bright purple and green strikes of Force Lightning. And Melori readied herself for the first test.

[member="Darth Hauntruss"] | [member="Nulgath Zardai"] | [member="Shuduc Macar"] | [member="Sage Bane"] | [member="Wolf"] | [member="Akuma"] | [member="Elensa Jari"] | [member="Tain Organa"]

The woman revealed herself. Standing and coming down towards us, I could almost see the dark side pour from her lips as she spoke. She was filled with the dark side in a form that I have never seen before. Her voice was like a thousand serpents all hissing the same words. The red skin and white hair, Her form within the force as she stood before all of us. I looked around at the apprentices as she spoke. Taking each sight in before she came to stand in front of me as she spoke of ingnorance and impulse.

I could feel her force almost wanting to rip mine from me. I felt as though her own body wanted to absorb my very essence within her. To fuel her so she could continue on in her unnaturally long life. I kept my head high though. Resisting the temptation to act against her. Let alone speak.

I stood there and watched as others began to put their weapons up on the trays that were handed out. I handed over the sheath with the Katana vibroblade inside of it. making sure that it was "snapped" on. I was partal to it, and didn't want to be seperated, nor did I want to even give up the lightsaber that I almost hated using. Yet I handed the sword over to one of the servants, and then placed my lightsaber on the platter. The clink sound came as I looked at the weapon that had once saved my life in the hands of a dead friend.

I clenched the muscles in my jaw as I could feel the dark side pool together around Darth Hauntress. And the colors that started to float in the air as she spoke incantations of Sith Magic and Sorcery. I watched her as the words flew out of her mouth, creating something that we would have to face up against with our wit, physical strength, and the force.

My body felt suddenly stronger as I could feel the anger and hate fuel me. Already having lessons from my master in controling and using such emotions to empower me. I waited for whatever may come. Feeling that I might prepare myself, but knowing that I would never be ready for the road ahead.

Within the confined limits of my mind, I spoke to myself, Saying only a few words, to strengthen my resolve. I would not fail. I will not faulter.

"It takes strength to be a survivor, only by having courage can I live."

[member="Melori Raaf"], [member="Darth Hauntruss"], [member="Nulgath Zardai"], [member="Shuduc Macar"], [member="Sage Bane"], [member="Wolf"], [member="Elensa Jari"], [member="Tain Organa"],

As the Sith Master turned and addressed the assembled acolytes, Tain sat back on his haunches, peering up at her with rapt attention. He knew a great deal about being shadowy and taking lives, he even was fairly competent at fighting with his lightsabers. He knew that he lacked proficiency with the more arcane aspects of Force use, however, and in order to reach his goals he would need to learn and train and perfect those techniques.

At her recriminations of the failed Sith of the past, he found himself nodding along. As a student of history, he had found that he formed much the same opinions that this Master was espousing. The problem of power corrupting was as true with those who walked on the dark side as those who walked on the light, perhaps more so as the dark side was far more insidious. When she ordered them to remove their weapons he paused, he was an initiate assassin and as such he was used to going around far more armed than a typical force user. Thinking about it, he think he understood. Weapons could be a crutch when attempting to fight, if one was attempting to use only the force. Nodding, he began to strip off his weapons. First came his twin saber hilts, with them he motioned for the attendant to kneel, as this may take a while. He placed the sabers in the case provided, then removed his bracers that contained the hidden blades that denoted him as an Assassin, followed by a half dozen knives that all went into the case. He then reached into the top of his boots to pull out his fighting knives and the single hold out blaster. He was an assassin, he needed to be prepared to take out his target in anyway necessary.

Finally disarmed, he nodded for the attendant to leave, then he turned his attention back to the Sith Master. He thought a moment, then decided on something that made him pause more than disarming his physical weapons. His mask was far more of a crutch than weapons could be, the lack of knowing your enemy often instills doubt in one's opponents. He reached up and undid the clasps that attached it around his head, pulled down his cowl and removed the mask, placing it next to himself and looking at the Sith Master again. He was actually quite handsome, with typical human features, tinged a light red from his mixed heritage.

[member="Akuma"] [member="Melori Raaf"] [member="Darth Hauntruss"] [member="Nulgath Zardai"] [member="Shuduc Macar"] [member="Sage Bane"] [member="Wolf"] [member="Elensa Jari"]

[member="Darth Hauntruss"] | [member="Tain Organa"] | [member="Melori Raaf"] | [member="Shuduc Macar"] | [member="Sage Bane"] | @Vi'kas Mirtis | [member="Dmitri Starkos"] | [member="Akuma"]

Watching Hauntress was a lesson in the price that all Sith might be called upon to pay at some time, flowing white hair, bright yellow eyes glowering at each of them, with an intensity that suggested she might yet seek to burn a hole through each Acolyte merely with a glance. This was what it was, then, to so utterly taste of the Dark Side that there really was no coming back from it. This is what my teachers always warned me of: the damage that might be wrought from immersing oneself too much in the darkness. But that wasn't a thought best uttered among Sith, where to them this was the pinnacle of true power: only when that strength washed over you like a wave could you dare to stand among the very greatest of the Sith hierarchy and survive.

The Sith Lord had a fair point about her fellow Sith: far too many of them failed to respect the energies that they would wield, offering them that same casual contempt that they might for any servant: to them, it was a tool to be used, a weapon to be directed to whoever they might choose, and their inclinations to that end were far looser than Elensa would have allowed, in their place. They do not have enough respect for life, and less consideration for those around them but as objects that might offer them service. They regarded the Force in much the same way: they cared only insofar as it offered them the power they craved, but to respect the Force, to care for the ebbs and flows of that great energy? No, so many treat that as something to be ignored. Perhaps many had paid the price for such ignorance, but it continued to happen nonetheless.

Arrogance had long been an issue among the Sith, that was obvious. Elensa had spent many hours reading through galactic history, studying those great battles and even greater atrocities that had been inflicted upon the Galaxy. As a Jedi, this had been designed to teach her about her enemy, to recognise their flaws and reinforce what she had been taught as a means of resisting the Dark Side, but now forced to use it herself, she recognised it as something else entirely: Sith taking matters too far and daring to seek powers beyond their limits to control, comprehend or truly deserve. The quest for power thus becomes a blind lust for it, so it becomes not a means to an end, but an end in and of itself. So all are swept away beneath it, until such time as the Sith themselves are consumed by it. You could not stare into the darkness and not expect it to be watching you in turn. But the darkness is always there, while we are but mortal. That must always be remembered.

At least this one had recognised that for herself, even drawing upon the Force as strongly as she clearly could. There was no mistaking her presence in the Force - in truth, Elensa did not imagine she could truly find the words to describe it, even had she been able to speak them aloud. Perhaps that made Hauntress one to be truly feared, or perhaps simply respected. Hard to say yet, she thought inwardly. Only time would tell, but it would be foolish indeed not to respect her power. Certainly it seemed that she would only see further evidence of that in the next few hours.

The attendants summoned by Hauntress walked along the row of students, carrying trays and boxes that they would deposit their weapons into. Elensa lowered her gaze from the Sith Lord long enough to look into the eyes of the one that walked to hers, shaking her head in a slow, deliberate fashion. After [member="Sage Bane"] had disarmed her during the Acolyte Tournament, she had walked without a weapon. Not until I am ready to create a new one, as Sith rather than as Jedi. She had nothing to offer them, even bereft of a concealed dagger or holdout blaster such as might have been carried by her peers on Hapes. If a Sith sought my death, I could do little to stop them anyway, she noted silently. And for any other to risk it would be foolish to say the least. The Acolyte offered them nothing, simply dismissing the servant with a flicker of her fingers.

The others were not so simply dealt with: lightsabers were passed across, as was to be expected, but so too was a surprisingly large amount of other armament: knives, daggers, a larger vibroblade, all giving her a fair insight into her fellow Acolytes. Two so insecure in their own defense that they feel the need to carry such large amounts of weapons, one simply possessing our traditional weapon, clearly not concerned by the fact that it is no longer in her hands. Of all, it was this last that concerned her most: taller than Elensa herself, but with blonde hair, much like hers, that same blue-eyed gaze. The one who chooses such simple weapons clearly has others that cannot be relinquished at her disposal. If the session were to turn towards their usual games, that one would undoubtedly be the most dangerous. The ones who had walked in with their own personal arsenal were easily dismissed: only those who could not trust the Force to aid them would think to require it. Of what threat are they to me?

She watched but where others saw her figure she saw the force flowing like a storm brewing in the air as she conjured up her first test. The servants who came only made her glance to them. She took out only her two paired light sabers. "I expect those back." She stated simply. She then looked to the Master before her conjuring things. The blank mask hiding her wonderment at the power being used before her. Could the others sense it enough to appreciate it? Or were they just dumb struck by what they sensed? She did more than feel she saw it begin and the intensification only made the energies of the force Look more and more like a slow brewing maelstrom of power that was focusing on a single point now. These were powers she'd yet to witness in use and they were also the ones she suspected her own Mistress to have.

[member="Darth Hauntruss"] | [member="Tain Organa"] | [member="Elensa Jari"] | [member="Akuma"] | [member="Nulgath Zardai"] | [member="Melori Raaf"] | [member="Sage Bane"] | [member="Wolf"]

[member="Darth Hauntruss"] | [member="Nulgath Zardai"] | [member="Shuduc Macar"] | [member="Sage Bane"] | [member="Akuma"] | [member="Elensa Jari"] | [member="Tain Organa"] | [member="Melori Raaf"]

His pulse quickened as Darth Hauntruss rose and began to draw near to them. With every step the darkness seemed to only grow thicker and more intoxicating. Wolf felt ready, though he did not know what for yet. His proficiency with the Force was poor but he was eager to harness its power, and listened intently to her words. The Sith Master walked past each of them, looking them all in the eyes. The woman's golden gaze was piercing as she came to Wolf, though he fought back any temptation to avoid her eyes.

Arrogance. Presumption. Ignorance and impulse. The warning was wise indeed and Wolf too shared his dislike for such attributes. He hoped in his journey with the Dark Side he would not be pulled into falling into such fatal errors himself. Wolf was still young, and he reminded himself that even though he looked down upon such attributes he could just as easily fall into them himself. The heart was a deceitful and menacing vessel that produced all sorts of irrational and impulsive decisions, as Wolf himself knew too well. Yet at the same time, emotion was a tool for the Sith and one that would have to be employed in order to fully embrace the Dark Side, something Wolf would still have to learn.

Hauntruss' words that Wolf would possess a far greater ability to summon the powers of darkness after this session only raised his anticipation. After he had first discovered his Force sensitivity he had been enticed by its mysterious power, though at that time and still to this day he had no control over it, and he yearned to understand it and wield it. With that power he would become stronger, and by becoming stronger the Sith would be stronger, drawing closer and closer to bringing the vision of a unified imperial galaxy into reality.

Attendants entered the chamber carrying trays and containers for Wolf to hand over his weapons. He noticed that others were handing over lightsabers, one man even had two. The weapon was an eternal symbol of two powerful and warring galactic entities, the Jedi and Sith, claiming thousands of lives through the millennia. Wolf longed to wield the legendary weapon for himself, and noted that the other acolytes were most likely far more advanced in their training than he was.

He was intrigued as one woman did not hand over any weapons at all. As a man who had lived the majority of his life with weaponry he was very much surprised. Could her reliance on the Force be so certain? He had heard stories of great Sith who could crush organs with a thought and burn enemies alive with a flash of lightning. Witnessing such a display of faith made Wolf yearn all the more for his own intimacy with the Force.

As the servants approached him, the man obliged, but as his vibroblade left his hands onto the tray he suddenly felt starkly naked. He could not remember the last time he was outside and not carrying some sort of weapon, and it exposed his over-reliance on such things and lack of knowledge of the Force. He was a proficient hand to hand combatant, but he had a bad feeling it would not help him much as he witnessed Darth Hauntruss now muttering words in a strange tongue. There were bright flashes of energy as she worked her spell, and Wolf observed the shadows around the room growing.

His muscles twitched, his arms by his side as a calm determination spread across the man's face. He was ready for the challenge, whatever it may be.

Hauntruss finishing her mumbles, then suddenly spun around in a violent spin. Her entire cloak waved like a dark tide in a chaotic sea. With her index finger and thumb touching to make a loop, Hauntruss hissed and then with her puckered lips blew into the space. All at once the dark energy funnelled into the loop. And out of it plumes of dark mists of malicious force come to life. The dark smoke felt dense and unnatural. It sunk to the floor only to rise up and begin to bubble and ungulate. Poor darkness emanated from it. All the while Hauntruss continued her demonic chant.

The smoke creatures then finally shot up, their growth accelerated and then their forms revealed. Towering bulbous creatures with vaguely humanoid form with the exception of their gnarled and unnatural muscles. Hauntruss smiled and her golden eyes narrowed on the students. "These Dwomutsisqa...ancient Sith Magic conjured Smoke Demons. Shall be your first test." Hauntruss lent out a hand and the creatures responded with immediate obedience. "I want to see how much of the force you can muster to save yourselves. For only in the very abyss of danger can the deepened submission to dark side be cultivated." Hauntruss than strode up and clasped her hands behind her back. "You no doubt speak of how as a darksider you control you anger and fear....Hiss hiss hiss...When your training is complete...You will know fear. Like no other. All you must do...is survive."

Hauntruss' grin stretched into a vile smile and with a flick of her hand the demons were unleashed. Set upon the acolytes were towering monsters of Sith Magic. Leaping, lunging and grappling the demons sprang out as Hauntruss gave the command in dark Sith speech. Destroy them.

[OOC: Welp there yah go. Use the darkside to deflect and avoid the demons. Dig deep and us the true fear Hauntruss spoke of to give yourselves to the darkside. Even more so than before. I left the attacks vague so you can customize your own characters trials as you see fit.]

@Wolf @Shuduc Macar [member="Elensa Jari"] [member="Tain Organa"] @Akuma @Melori Raaf [member="Nulgath Zardai"] [member="Sage Bane"]

She watched as the first one moved toward her. The beast came for her and she pulled upon her own powers of the force slamming it with a heavy push, it slammed into the wall but moved to escape and began to circle her. But this thing could not escape her gaze and even as it darted around she simply watched it until it came to try and batted it aside. She grew enraged that she'd be given such a thing to fight. The anger in her fueled her and she began to dig deeper her own power pushing outward nobody was going to make her know fear again NOBODY! With that thought ringing in her mind she let her home worlds memories fuel her and she enhanced her own body jumping at the creature and slamming onto the ground but not just that she pushed out creating a wake of force energy that shoved everything around it within 20 feet.

But the demons were strong and more came to surround her. Not tons just one or two more split off version of the same being. It's presence may have resembled a fear of hers before but with Venefica she'd closed that fear off and commanded it. As she continued to shove or deflect or dodge them she grew more angry and her power flared up. But to most possibly this looked like she was getting stronger with control it was actually a dangerous mix. Every new level she became less controlled. Her attacks lashed out more strongly. She began to take items around the room smaller ones at first but she began to pull at things now.

One jumped atop her and slashed at her back making her scream in pain as she hurled it off herself physically. They then merged into one larger creature and came for her lumbering like a mad bantha. It's roar sent a force wave of energy at her knocking her into a wall. The fight had just begun but her blood boiled and she was beyond livid at this thing. So began the fight it seemed, Macar now beginning to try to pull at the statues the ornate decorations creating a small swirl of debris to smash into the creature with some objects more successful than others. In the end it was two beings that had used and understood the force all their lives to each the demon and the Miraluka the force was something they knew all too well.

[member="Darth Hauntruss"] | [member="Tain Organa"] | [member="Elensa Jari"] | [member="Akuma"] | [member="Nulgath Zardai"] | [member="Melori Raaf"] | [member="Sage Bane"] | [member="Wolf"]

Darth Timoris

Melori watched. Her training thus far had been more…corporeal. Even her use of the Force had been very direct. So as Darth Hauntruss spoke and the suddenly spun around in a violent spin, Melori was both captivated and confused in equal measures.

She saw the Sith conjour with the Force, Dark energy at her beck and call. And she felt a presence - malicious and unnatural. And then the chant seemed to reach a climax.

"Woyunoks hadzuska koshûjontû. Dwomutsiqsa!"

From the energy of the Force came creatures seemingly made of smoke – yet as she stared they coalesced into forms. One approached her and her instinctive grab for her saber was greeted by a handful of air – so that’s why she’d been forced to give it up.

As the creature loomed over her, she saw it for what it truly was – a terentatek. Since facing one in the tomb on Korriban, it was a creature that lived in her nightmares. It stood a full three metres tall and – as in her dreams – all she could see were claws, tusks and spines.

Her mouth was dry. She wanted to look away – to wake up and realise it was just a dream. But she knew the reality of the situation – at least in her mind – she must face her greatest fear and overcome it.

She racked her brain and searched in vain to remember what her Master had advised. All that came to mind was the advice to avoid the claws – as they were highly venomous. And as the creature loomed over her, she stepped backwards until she was against a wall, with no more room to manoeuvre. And she froze, paralysed with fear. The creature lifted a huge arm and swung it down towards her, clearly aiming to remove her head.

Finally she moved, her deft footwork allowing her to duck under the claws. And, for as fearful as she was, she knew she had to use it, not succumb to it. So she drew the Force to her. And instead of using her usual hatred to fuel her connection, she used the overwhelming terror to forge the link. Her eyes morphed instantly to a deep yellow, her irises tinged with crimson. She raised her left hand, and blue lightning coalesced around it, arcs sparking from the fingertips.

She swallowed hard and prepared to engage the beast…

[member="Darth Hauntruss"] | [member="Wolf"] | [member="Shuduc Macar"] | [member="Elensa Jari"] | [member="Tain Organa"] | [member="Akuma"] | [member="Nulgath Zardai"] | [member="Sage Bane"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom