Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This is what we do in our "Spar" time..(Training)

Sochi had made her way to the Combat Training Center. She had been wanting more practice in form II. She always exuded patience, and had a professional aura about her when it came to training. She wanted to be the Jedi that upheld the code at all times. Thus was her sudden thirst for training, to become better, and seek out more knowledge. Combat wasn't really her thing, but she nevertheless wanted to be proficient enough so that if the need arises, she was more than prepared. She entered into a private room, hopefully awaiting the arrival of another Padawan that she could spar with. She had made it public a few days before that she was in need of a sparring partner. She was always about business, and the task at hand, but she wasn't against getting to know others. It was hard for her to connect, as she was always quiet, and when she would speak it was only a few words at one time.

She went to the center of the room, and began to meditate while she waited the arrival of another. She sat down in a Indian position, back facing the door. Her eyes were closed, and she began to strengthen her connection to the force. Trying to enhance her focus for this upcoming event.

@[member="Nala Tu"]

Nala had recently finished her time mediating out on one of the balconies of the temple, taking in the fresh air of the day. It felt better to get out now and she felt she needed it after all that had happened. Her father's life taken by a Jedi, her saber destroyed and forcing her to create a new one and now finding that her control of the force comes from techniques that she'd never knew and ones that some of the other Jedi felt concerned with. Despite their worries Nala intended to prove that no matter what, she was a Jedi at heart and would not do anything against the Jedi order she'd come to think of as family.

She passed by the training area before feeling something, a presence and one wanting to practice greatly. This sense belong to someone Nala had not met which did make her curious enough to want to meet, and to perhaps train as well to clear her thoughts. She entered and closed the door behind her before seeing the togruta sitting, waiting and meditating in the center.

"Greetings." Nala said, bowing to her. "I suspect you've been waiting for a sparring partner? Well, here I am." she said with a smile.

@[member="Sochi Ru"]

She felt the presence of one enter into the room. She opened her eyes, and slightly turned her head to the right to get what little glimpse she could. She finally decided to stand up and turn around to see who the visitor was. She was greeted by a Kaminoan Jedi, was she hadn't see around the temple before. A smile formed across her red soaked skin. She slowly nodded in response to her new visitors question. "Greetings friend, ahh yes I have been awaiting the arrival of a sparring partner, I'm honored to be within your presence." She said in a soft tone of voice. Her stature was a professional one. She had always kept this about her, long with patience, and calmness. She always followed the Jedi code of conduct to the very T. Some might say she focused too much on the Jedi code and its tenets. Nevertheless that wasn't one of the topics of discussion on this day. This Jedi was warming in her welcome, it made Ru feel good about being in her company. There surely needed to be more such as her. Ru definitely thought that she could find a friend in this woman.

"Yes, so I've been wanting to practice my lightsaber skills, specifically Makashi. I hope that's okay? I don't want to make you do anything your not wanting to do." She said calmly, and with a serene smile on her face.

@[member="Nala Tu"]

"Oh no, of course not." Nala said reassuringly. "Whatever you need do I'm more than happy to help."

Her tone was very friendly towards this padawan, a large turn from how she acted outside with a more stern determined and not exactly hospitable aura about her. Still Nala knew when it was right to be in a modd and when to be civil to someone she's meeting for the first time.

She walked forward and held out her hand saying "Forgive me. I forgot to introduce myself. Jedi Padawan Nala Tu." she introduced herself.

@[member="Sochi Ru"]
(OOC: in the Padawan mission do you just want to say that takes place after this so they already know each other?)

(Yeah I thought that would make it much easier, I posted by the way)

Sochi smiled at the girls response, it was so wonderful to conversation with another. She hadn't many friends within the order. The girl approached her with her hand out, to which Ru responded by grabbing it, and shaking her hand. She had introduced herself, which Ru herself had forgotten to do so formally as well.

"Oh hehehe, Nice to meet you, I'm Sochi Ru, Jedi Padawan as well." She said softly, chuckling at the fact that she had forgotten. The one thing that anyone must do when meeting someone was introduce themselves, it must be from the many times in isolation that Sochi had forgotten to introduce herself.

"Well then, now that were formally introduced, I'm guessing we can just start." She said smiling,

Sochi went to the opposite side of the room, and stood in front of Nala, she bowed before the girl, to show her respect. All before grabbing her lightsaber hilt from her belt. Igniting it, and standing in the Makashi opening stance, hersaber was held at her side, the blade pointed down, and her feet were shoulder width apart.

@[member="Nala Tu"]

After shaking Sochi's hand Nala said "Oh of course." to her wanting to start.

She walked to the other end of the room and, unlike Sochi, removed her long hooded robe before grabbing her saber from her hilt. She bowed to Sochi as she did her before activating her lightsaber, the purple blade igniting from it. Seeing the stance she took and understanding what type it was Nala simply stood at the ready with her blade in front of her, the tip aimed up and leaning towards Sochi's direction. With a light nod to her sparring partner Nala waited for her to make the first move.

@[member="Sochi Ru"]

While standing their admiring Nala's purple blade, her blue blade stood at her side, pointing to the ground. In her head she was going over the fundamentals of Makashi. The blade manipulation required for this form was very refined, requiring intense focus, and was described as elegant, powerful and precise, relying on feints to confuse and trap opponents. With Sochi being in the novice stages of this style, she could defend herself, but lacked the experience to utilize it in a more offensive way. That was the level she was trying to reach.

Sochi took a deep breath and slowly, but surely closed in the gal between them both. She wanted to focus on balance, and getting her footwork correct. When she got close enough he brought up her blade to thrust it at her opponents, lightly tapping her blade against hers. she then quickly retreated, taking a coupled steps back, but was close enough for a counter attack to be made on her.

From what she learned, Makashi was a style based on balance, back and forth charges, retreats, and thrust. Though the attack she just attempted could be easily blocked, seeing as there wasn't enough considerable force behind it to make it really threatening.

@[member="Nala Tu"]

Nala swatted Sochi's blade with hers when she made the advance before taking steps back. She had to admire who well she was learned in the technique. If that were the case then Nala would show how it was when strictly fighting with instinct as your technique. She circled Sochi for a moment before making a strike for her left side, knowing it would be parried, before making a move for her right by swinging her body around after the the blades made contact on the first hit.

@[member="Sochi Ru"]

Her attack was easily swatted back, and she was now on the defense as Nala moved in for the counter. Now she was being circled, and Sochi held her blade vertical in front of her, with right hand tightly on the grip. Now Ru had to be fluid in her movements, and needed to thinking clearly so that she could anticipate the movements of her opponents weapon. She cleared her mind, and stopped thinking too much. Then she was attacked from the left, Sochi quickly, and fluidly brought her lightsaber across her body, and held it firmly as the tip faced the ground, and the attack was blocked. She was slightly surprised to see that there was a follow up to the attack which would come for her right side. Her eyes widened, and she spun around manipulating her footwork so that she made it in enough time to barely block the attack, and she held her blue blade vertical, with both hands gripping the hilt. She applied just enough pressure so that she could push the purple blade away and she could make a quick retreat.

Once she regained her footing, her next attack would be a barrage of light cuts at Nala's blade, all the while moving forward with each one. Sochi was hoping to throw her off balance.

@[member="Nala Tu"]

Just as quickly as Sochi delivered each attack towards her, Nala defended herself with equal measure. She took one step back at a time as she figured this was part of her plan. She was good, very good. Nala admired her quick thinking. But then Nala could think just as quick. When the next attack came Nala locked her blade with Sochi's for a moment. She tested her own strength, seeing it was on par with hers, before pushing her back and attacking with her own flurry of small strikes from nearly very direction. Now she would see if Sochi could out due her own maneuvers when used against her.

@[member="Sochi Ru"]

For a moment it seemed as though her plan was successful, she had succeeded with driving her back, but wasn't sure if she was being thrown off balance. Nevertheless she kept at until Nala locked her purple blade against Sochi's for a moment. It seemed a power struggle between the two. They were both just in the same area of strength, unable to over power one another. Nala quickly pushed back against Sochi's blade, which disengaged combat for a brief period. Now once more Ru was on the defensive, which was easier to her than being on the offensive. She was attacked in the same manner she had attacked Nala. She would have to defend against her own attack. It made her smile, and she brought up her blue blade, that made a blue shadow form over her face. She became fluid in her movements, and made use of the footwork so that she could maneuver, and parry the attacks throw her way. It was indeed a good idea, seeing as she herself had to stay focused in order for her to block the attacks; it wasn't an easy attack to block. She spun to her left, deciding to just dodge the few attacks that remained, and turned her spin into a counter attack. When she came around she had her blade horizontal, and coming in at Nala chest.

@[member="Nala Tu"]

Nala could see how well Suchi was doing and smiled herself. She was proving to be a very skilled warrior, especially for a padawan. Nala maneuvered around Suchi's attack before blocking the attack for her chest. She stood back in her stance and began to circle Suchi again, only this time she began to attack from all sides. As she went around her she tried different strikes, some heavy and some light, trying to keep her on her toes.

@[member="Sochi Ru"]

Her attack was blocked, and their blades disengaged for a moment. Ru was now in the middle and being circled once more. She held her blade vertical in front of her, while it casts a blue glow to move across her body. She stay still not wanting to make any sudden moves as Nala had reach and was now on the offensive. In order for her tl make it through the strikes that were to come her way she had to rely and focus on accuracy, and timing. Then Nala began striking from all sides, the attacks were a mixture of heavy and light. Sochi wasnt well versed enough in this style to have enough strength to block and hold agaisnt the heavy strikes, but after this session was over she was sure to be use to it, and pretty well versed. She had to think, so she decided to use the momentum from the heavy attacks to help her flow into the next block. She kept her body loose, and fluid. The first heavy attack had considerable strength behind it, and as she block, it knocked her blade back, which she brought up quickly again to parry the next attack. She did this constantly while she remained on the defensive.

@[member="Nala Tu"]

Nala was really starting to like this girl's stratagem. She was keeping up with her moves and using what strength she needed to at the right moments. It was interesting to see how well Sochi could think fast. After trying that enough times eventually Nala back up, her purple blade in her right hand and at her side. Sochi was obviously as good with her saber practice as Nala was, but what about the use in the force. She held out one hand and began to give a small but effective force push towards Sochi. Nala kept it consistent and waited until Sochi realize that she wanted to see how strong she could use it. When Sochi returned the force Nala would slowly begin to increase her concentration to see how well Sochi could handle it.

@[member="Sochi Ru"]

Eventually the attacks ceased. Nala had backed up and stopped attacking. Sochi wondered if she was planning another attack, and it was true but it wasn't one that involved their lightsabers, or any type of physical combat. She held her hand up and began utilizing the force. She sent a small, and effective force push at Sochi, Ru reacted with putting her hand up to do the same. In the beginning she was pushed back slightly because she hadn't reacted quick enough, but in no time she regained her balance, and their abilities evened out. Whenever Nala increased hers, it would push Sochi's hand back slightly, and she would in turn do the same thing so their abilities evened out. It was a battle of concentration, and their individual prowess within the force, and area that Sochi preferred to study the most. This was turning out to be a wonderful training session.

@[member="Nala Tu"]

Nala could feel as Sohci began to match her powers with her own. This was good. Slowly Nala increased just as soon as Sochi matched hers each time. It came to the point where both were exerting so much a slight tremor could be felt under their feet as it vibrated throughout the entire room. After both pushed hard enough Nala stopped just as Sochi did, taking some deep breaths to regain herself. She looked to her and smiled before laughing a little.

Nodding her head she said "You, @[member="Sochi Ru"], are an impressive sparring partner." She began to holster her saber and said "I think that's enough for today. You did very, very well." She finished as she walked over and reclaimed her hooded robe.

There was a tremor beneath them as they went head to head. They would only tire themselves out by trying to beat the other, they both stopped and lowered their hands at the same time. They both were a little taxed by the strain they out on themselves. Both of them tired, great results from a hard day of practice. She responded to Nala's smile with her own. She holstered to blade as well, and ran her hands over her skirt to straighten it out. All the while simultaneously Nala had began to speak, she praise her for being an impressive sparring partner, "Oh no, your the impressive one. I was surprised I even had enough skill to withstand yours," she said remaining humble and giving her all the praise in return. "Yes this was a good training session, and thank you so much." She had her hands in front of her interlocked, as her new friend went to reclaim her robe. "We must do this again Nala, I think we work well together."

@[member="Nala Tu"]

Nala walked over and held both of her hands in her own while saying "I think we do to. Come on." she said indicating for Sochi to follow her out of the room. "I'm surprised we've not met before. Thought by the way you use your skills you seemed to have trained at least as long as I have. Who is your master? Have you been here very long? How long did it take to make your lightsaber because when I...." she stopped herself and shook her head before giving an embarrassed smile. "Sorry. I ramble sometimes. I'm....trying to cut it out."

@[member="Sochi Ru"]

Sochi could only smile, this was probably the longest time she spent with another of her peers, not including her master. As Nala indicated, Ru followed, walking next to her as they conversed. She looked up at the girl, while she asked a few questions. She could only smile, when she praised her skills, "Oh please, your skills are just as good as mine, " she said returning the praise. She received another question which she proceeded to answer as well, "My master is... And I have been.... Well it took...." She wasn't prepared for the sudden barrage of questions in so little time. It made her chuckle slightly. When she noticed Nala got a little e,barraged, she placed her hand on her arm, "It's okay, but to answer your questions, my Master is Marek S'hadar, and I've been within the order my entire life, it just took awhile for me to be chosen by a master, and it took me quite a few weeks to construct my lightsaber," she said smiling and reassuring her that it was ok for her to be curious. "In return I wish to know all the samethings about you If I may." She returned the question.

@[member="Nala Tu"]

Nala gave a little chuckle after Sochi understood her mistake before saying "Well, in terms of me answering my own questions, my master is Syn. I didn't really join the order until I was five, before then I lived with my father on one of the systems in neutral space between Republic space and Mandalorian territory. For me....well.....let's just say I didn't exactly finish my lightsaber until everyone else was done." She looked more embarrassed as she said "I wasn't exactly the best learner when it came to trying to wield the force and all, and the teacher at the time insisted on using the force to construct a lightsaber. So you can see where I was at a disadvantage."

@[member="Sochi Ru"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom