Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE GOAT CAN'T MAKE SHIPS

Ayden Cater said:
[member="Captain Larraq"]

*nod nod* It's an interesting prospect to learn. I started off making freighters before I ramped it up.

Unfortunately, I tend to do most things backwards. I make some huge monster of a project, give myself everything I could possibly want... then carve away everything I dont actually need.

I'll likely go through many oversized failures before I can make a decent cruiser.

But by god. It will be the best cruiser there is.

But my current plan?

a row of 5 hangers stacked 5 high and flanked by an open space and then another stack/row of hangers. 50 hangers total. leave open space between the two and on either side for the swarm of drones to enter and exit. line the walls on either side with gas/cargo storage modules and line the ceiling with command modules. leave the bottom exposed. Build a hull around that core. Engines in the back, staggered along a tapering hull so that the ship isn't left with a wall of exposed thrusters. Taper the hull and cover it with point defense and anti-missile weapons. Build another line or double line of command modules along the spine of the ship and try to give it a semi-triangular overall shape.

then figure out what to do with the big guns...

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Can someone Family Link me so I can try out this game before twenty bucks out the window on something I might not even be able to play? ;n;

If I like it, I'll buy it.

Aynea Savan Xyhn said:
Can someone Family Link me so I can try out this game before twenty bucks out the window on something I might not even be able to play? ;n;

If I like it, I'll buy it.
^ Me too!

Though I'm 100% sure I'll be buying this.

Version 1.0 of the Cira-class

Cira-class.png
Cira-classFiring.png
Cira-classForward.png
Cira-class2-1.png
Cira-classRear.png

Ok. So here's my review of the game/program.

Firstly... It feels like an attempt to make a cheap copy of EVE Online with minecraft ship design and Sins of a Galactic Empire galaxy/system building. It almost seems to work. Almost.

Ship design is fun and addicting and will suck you in for hours. Sadly, the choice of 'core parts' is fairly limited, the vast majority of the parts fit together poorly, and the size scaling between size 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 parts is... special.

The biggest disappointment here is the limit in number of items that can be put together to make a ship. Anything over 50 'blocks' (including weapons and such) gives you a warning that game play will be effected and that a large number of blocks can cause crashing. I put together a ship with around 116 blocks before it truely clicked with me that covering the ship with small point defense turrets would... simply not work. XD

Some of that should have been 'duh' to me. But a lot of it is a disappointment. On the whole, it's not worth the 20 bucks unless you really, really just want to spend a few hours building ships out of legos.

Captain Larraq said:
For the record. My second third attempt at a ship.

The Sundari. 116 'blocks'.
2RrIy6h.jpg

1re0o0U.jpg

PheKxng.jpg

JkumVN3.jpg

Adj8y5O.jpg
That's really cool...

And I might never actually play the game itself, unless there's like unlockable bits that you need levels for. I'd be down for playing with space legos...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom