Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private This is Locally Made Right?

Heart Breaker and Life Taker
Current outfit

latest

Tatooine somehow got even crazier ever since the fall of the CIS, with Hutt gangs, Damiyos vying for territory now that the CIS was no longer charge. It left the Mandalorian Enclave as the police of sorts. Though Mandalorians were more warriors than peacekeepers, Hilal though while a Mandalorian has yet to complete her armor and a Mandalorian without armor might as well be considered naked. Hilal wanted to be ambitious when building her suit, obviously it should have the typical functionalities as a regular Mandalorian Armor but Hilal wanted more. She wanted to enhance her strength and speed, have access to as many weapons, armor and missiles as possible. In other words, Hilal wanted to make it the most advanced Mandalorian armor in the Galaxy. She wanted to stick out, she wanted to fit in with her fellow Mandalorians. Years of loneliness of wandering the streets seeing Mandalorian groups and then fall.

Hilal felt powerless seeing the Mandalorians struggle, she wanted to remedy that. The young woman grabbed her bag and began looking around a local junkyard for parts of a fuel Jetpack. Right now, Hilal found herself in Tatooine, scavenging to look for parts for a Jetpack though at a budget. It contradicted her desire to build the best armor out there, but Hilal had a knack of turning chit into chocolate cake. Growing up in junk, Hilal had learned that the most valuable trinkets can be found in a junkpile, you just gotta know where to look. "Hey you there!" A Raykkan who wore big, thick glasses and cheap, home spun overalls. The spicestick that hung from his mouth had the spice slowly spill from the wrapping and the glasses looked like it was about to fall off anytime. Raykkans were fairly rare, but Hilal understood that they've dominated the Outer Rim along with the Hutts for years. Hilal also knew that the Raykkans loved to dress fancy to show off their wealth. This guy though, looked like he was low in the hierarchy like way low, judging by his eyes he was desperately trying to climb the ranks, to be something greater like Hilal is.

"Welcome to Phleg's Junk!" The Raykkan said while Hilal adjusted the strap on her bag. "I got the cheapest parts at the lowest prices! My name is Phleg! How can I help you little girl"

"Don't you mean the best parts at low prices?" Hilal asked raising an eyebrow.

"Sure!" Phleg said. "Let's go with that! What the fuck did I say?!"

"Welcome to budgetville." Hilal thought. "Where even the merchants are inexperienced dolts."

"I'm looking for parts for a repulsor pack." Reaching into her bag, Hilal showed Phleg the exact parts that she was looking for. "I was told that you had them?"

"Ah yes!" Phleg said chomping on his small spice stick. "I got one! Nubian style! You'll be happy with the price! Follow me!"

"I hope so," Hilal mumbled as she began to follow the Raykkan.

Thonn Rokkal Thonn Rokkal

He had his rotary cannon and, well, a bunch of weapons that were good in situations where his rotary cannons wasn't. Situations he did his best to avoid really; anything worth shooting once was worth shooting a hundred times. Frankly, he was better off focusing on a single weapon and he was well aware of that; multitasking had never been a strong trait of his.

Neither was sorting through junk, but there's a first for everything. With the rise of the enclave and resources reclaimed through their countless victories, Thonn found himself well armoured and well armed. What gear he lost or destroyed was readily replaced, The Quartermaster was generous to those vode who fought for the Enclave's glory. The Enclave was provider of both comrades and weaponry to which he'd trust his life.

Thonn couldn't quite say the same for the the shady looking shopkeeper Hilal had brought him to. He'd not trust the guy with a single one of his credits, but Hilal seemed to swear by salvaged goods. At least the price point would be affordable, given the stuff here cost as much as it looked like it was worth; which wasn't much to Thonn.

"Welcome to Phleg's Junk!" The Raykkan said while Hilal adjusted the strap on her bag. "I got the cheapest parts at the lowest prices! My name is Phleg! How can I help you little girl"
Bwah! Well, he was more honest than he looked after all, he had to give him that.

Thonn looked about at the wares with curiosity. It was a far cry from the armouries of the Enclave; is this what the other bounty hunters had to put up with? No wonder many would prefer hiring a Mandalorian.

Hilal knew what she was looking for at least, and even brought an example of what she was looking for. Smart to do that; it leaves little room for interpretation. He'd done the same plenty of times; nothing sucks more than taking a part back home only to find it's incomparable with whatever one's placing it in. Needless to say, the habit was eventually picked up after many irritating occurrences of something like that.

"Well, let's take a look I guess."
Thonn remarked, hardly more enthused than Hilal. But this was definitely more her thing than his. If she could cobble together a jetpack from the kriff laying about this Raykkan's shop, he'd be mighty impressed.

Current outfit

Excitement surged through Hilal's body at last after spending hours searching around in this burning furnace of a planet to find a Repulsor Jetpack. On the Holomarket, they were crazy expensive with the price being more than she what made at her store on a good day. When making the design for her suit, Hilal wanted a pack that would not only remain in the air but also do complex aerial maneuvers such as barrel rolls and even a Immelman Turn. Though traditional Mandalorian jet packs were great in small bursts, they consumed a lot of fuel with the average airtime being nowhere near the average of Repulsor Pack. Also, Repulsor Packs offer more control, is more fuel efficient, though it's not as fast as a Mandalorian Jet Pack. Hilal wasn't worried about that though; a few modifications and she'll fly as high and fast as any Mandalorian jet pack.

"Okay let's see here pal," Phleg mumbled chewing through his spicestick. Hilal shook her head and stared at her acquaintance: A fellow Mandalorian named Thonn Rokkal Thonn Rokkal . She met or rather ran into Thonn while she was trying to get off the spaceport. Hilal was busy on the Holoprojector arguing with her supplier about how he once again failed to provide adequate parts for her to sell. She was about to really rage at him for being an incompetent nerf herder until she ran face first onto Thonn's armor. After gushing over his weaponry and promising that she will modify his weapons if he sends a good word to any Mandalorians he comes across, he decided to help her in her quest to build her armor.

All the excitement that Hilal felt started to dissipate as the Raykkan took his sweet time looking over one of the large junkpiles and mumbling to himself. The young woman blew some strands of hair that was in her eyes she didn't have time for this bullchit, there's other parts that Hilal needed to get "HEY!" Hilal shouted causing Phleg to jump and swallow his spicestick. "What the fuck is taking so long do you have the Repulsor pack or not?!"

"I-I...." Phleg coughed loudly falling onto knees. "I think I sold it a day ago!"

"What the fuck?!" Hilal gripped her bag while clenching her teeth another dead end?! Great..... "I thought you said you had it!"

"I just remembered!" Phleg coughed. "That one of the chumps who worked for one of the Daimyos around here wanted it for her boss."

"FUCK!" Hilal turned around and kicked a pebble that was laying on the ground, it ended up hitting one of the sleeping Pit Droids waking it up and walking towards Hilal happily chirping. The young girl frowned before tapping it on the nose again sending it to sleep mode.

He wasn't quite paying attention to where he had been going; a recurring problem, he might begrudgingly admit. But before he could apologize she did so first, claiming she didn't see where she was going either. If anything, he might have gotten used to how attention grabbing a full beskar'gam was; though his armour and arsenal got her full attention soon after the collision. Did he had time to show off? You bet he did. Though given her detailed knowledge, she was vode; she also mentioned he clearly needed weapons and armour to do Mandalorian stuff; at least the Mandalorian stuff Thonn loved to do. Which mainly involved shooting, and not getting shot himself.

He wasn't about to part with any; I mean, they were his and they were expensive, and even fully loaded he'd nearly gotten himself killed once or twice. That he knew of. But the girl wasn't looking for charity, she was looking to build stuff herself. Which, while it sounded kind of interesting, would take up an awful lot of time. She wasn't a kid, sure, but she wasn't exactly old enough for Thonn to chase. He was busy fumbling over a way to get out of this and get back to the bar before Hilal mentioned something else.

Modifications? Maybe she could modify his cannon! I mean, the thing worked kriffing great, but if she could move some of the internal parts around, he might get the thing to a weight profile closer to his old cannon. He was being realistic; it was probably not going to be perfect but that would make it much easier to adjust to. Flying and firing had remained awkward, and Thonn longed to get back to those sort of aerial manoeuvres sooner rather than later.

So in the end, he agreed to help after all. Drinking could wait; Hilal had presented an unexpected opportunity for some weapons work.

Still, he was hoping this would go a lot faster than it was.
"What the fuck is taking so long do you have the Repulsor pack or not?!"
Well, there we go, she's getting a move on things! That was more like it; Thonn could appreciate the direct approach. People liked to say patience was a virtue; Thonn could never understand why hurry the kriff up couldn't be a virtue instead.

"So what, you gave us that runaround for nothing?" Thonn grumbled to the shopkeeper, annoyed at the wasted time. Well, if it was in the hands of another, Thonn supposed it was gone. Unless they were willing to sell it – or had a bounty on their heads – it's not like they could just grab it.

Thonn sighed.

"Should we just check another shop? Maybe one run by a guy who hasn't sold his brain." It wasn't often Thonn got to feel smarter than someone, so he was karking well going to make the most of it.

Current outfit

Hilal planted her hands on her hips, red faced and hardly believed what she was hearing. She allowed this piece of chit to mislead her like that, all that excitement all that eagerness turned into a boiling rage. Hilal didn't have time for this, she had an armor to finish for crying out loud! She was tempted to just shoot Phleg for being a lying deceitful ass. "I'm sorry guys," Phleg said to her and Thronn. "That was the last Repulsorpack in Mos Eisley, doubtful you can find one anywhere else in the Outer Rim for cheap. Those packs sell like Crabcakes."

"I know dipchit," Hilal muttered. "That's why I came to you."

"Now that I remember," Phleg said. "The buyer didn't so much buy it from me more like took it."

"What?" Hilal frowned.

"It was a form of fealty for the new Damiyo." Phleg explained. "A gangster named: Goreb the Hutt"

Hilal shook her head. "A Hutt eh?" she said. "Who is he?"

"A major Spice dealer, a Hutt on the rise," Phleg said. "The buyer demanded fealty and took my pack now if you take it back then...."

"Then I'll get it for free!" A smile formed on Hilal's face as she jumped for joy. "You have a deal! Let's go Thonn!"

"But I- That's not what I said!" Phleg spat. "You'll get it half priced!"

However, Hilal was already out of the junkyard, sighing Phleg turned to Thonn. "Last I heard," he said. "The buyer hung out in the Brown Lagoon Cantina southwest from here. You can't miss it, it'll have a slave girl sign above."

By the sounds of it, that part wasn't likely to be found, which hardly came as a surprise. The Enclave might be able to source it, but it wouldn't come cheap. It wasn't a regular part, and Hilal had yet to prove herself; she was sourcing the parts to prepare her to do just that. It seemed odd and unorthodox to Thonn, but she seemed to have a knack for it. It was better, to turn your talents into combat skills; he couldn't argue that.

He couldn't argue the shopkeeper's absent mindedness, either. If he couldn't remember something basic like that, he probably couldn't keep track of whatever he was spinning to Hilal and himself. He reached his helmet with a hand, and with the press of a couple of buttons began to record the conversation. It seemed best, in case he changed his story – and the shopkeeper appeared slimy enough to be the type to.
"Now that I remember," Phleg said. "The buyer didn't so much buy it from me more like took it."

At this, he placed his other hand on the side of his head in bewilderment. How the kriff do you forget something like that? Thonn was too stunned to respond, but Hilal was suitably upset and gave the news its fitting reply.

Phleg explained more; it was a tribute. A supposed tradition when someone new comes to power; they get a bunch of gifts from everyone as a show of fealty – and also a display of the power they newly wielded. Thonn understood it, but didn't practice it; the mandalorians had to take what they wanted, and if anyone wanted to demand a gift all Thonn had for them was blaster bolts in bulk.

But as soon as Plheg mentioned that, Hilal jumped for joy and sprinted out of the shop.
"Then I'll get it for free!" A smile formed on Hilal's face as she jumped for joy. "You have a deal! Let's go Thonn!"

For free? She was just gonna run in and take the thing? Well Thonn had no love for spice-smugglers, and if this Hutt had just taken power now'd be an easy time to get to him. He hadn't shot a Hutt yet, and he couldn't deny he was amused at the opportunity, impulsive as it was. Phleg had a bit more information, but Thonn gave a nod and a prompt chase after Hilal. She was more spur of the moment than he was, and as he caught up to her he'd pose a nagging question that had been on his mind for all of the past 10 seconds or so.

"So, uh, what's your plan?"

Current outfit

"Plan?" Hilal said to Thonn after they exited Phleg's shop admittedly she was hopped up with excitement and didn't have a quick plan in place. "Well....." Hilal placed her hands on her hips humming lowly like she always did whenever she was lost in thought. "We can just make chit up as we go along."

The young woman chuckled. "Look Thonn," she explained. "All we need is that Repulsor pack and nothing more, well find the slimy bastard, pin him to a corner and we can play good cop/bad cop."

Full proof plan that's totally not made up a few seconds ago. This is Tatooine a wasteland that reminded Hilal of those post apocolytic Holovids she watched as a kid. The planet was dominated by a survivalist mentality: Only the hard and strong survive in this cesspit. Something that Mandalorians definitely are. "It'll be easy," Hilal said smiling. "The sooner we get this done, the sooner I can return home and finish my armor."

"Soooo," Hilal began to walk through the streets of Mos Eisley hoping that Thonn would follow. "Where's the Brown Lagoon again? The nerf herder was pretty vague on the directions. He did say we'll see a slave girl as the symbol right?"

Once he caught up with Hilal, he waited for a moment to hear what she intended to do; and he'd wait a moment more as she hummed contemplatively before she answered. There was no plan, nor would there be. While he wasn't much for planning, he was used to having something. Things had gone from shopping to cartel-busting in a heartbeat.

"All you need." Thonn reminded her, but needed little reminder himself that he was speaking to someone who could help him re-balance his new rotary cannon. He still struggled to fathom why a repulsion pack specifically; he had thought she was merely looking through easy to obtain scrap, but anything in the hands of a Hutt would be far from accessible. It had to hold important, to warrant the effort to get it.

Or maybe she was just reckless and impulsive. He just met Hilal – he didn't know, but so far it wasn't implausible.

"And once I help you get it, I could use your help, yeah." Thonn added.

"Where's the Brown Lagoon again? The nerf herder was pretty vague on the directions. He did say we'll see a slave girl as the symbol right?"
"Southwest from here, he said. And something like that, plastered out front. He probably trades spice, yeah?" He replied, before following up with a question to justify the upcoming adventure that was spur of the moment for even him.

Current outfit

"Oh right," Hilal placed her hand over her forehead out of embarrassment. The proverbial "we" thing reared its ugly head, it was nice to have back up but this was Hilal's mission, her goal to retrieve that repulsor pack. Otherwise, construction on her armor will grind to a halt and she already had one too many set backs.

"Sorry Thonn," Hilal smiled as Thonn asked for a favor. "Should've known that your help came with a price tag." The young woman huffed. "You would think we fellow Mandalorians could help each other out due to the fact that we are one people. Buuuuttttt I've learned that nothing in life comes free."

She placed her hands on her hips. "Fine name your price Thonn." she huffed. "You want a new blaster? Enhanced armor? Need you ship looked at? I'm your gal."

After about an hour of searching, the pair came across the cantina. Hilal raised an eyebrow seeing the large slave girl overhead. Tatooine has a thing for slave girls wearing golden bikinis now do they. "Here we are at last," she said tossing a strand of hair over her shoulder. "Time to look for this chithead, we don't have much to go on other than he's a major spice dealer." Hilal kicked the ground dust forming in front of her. "Damn it!" She growled. "I wished I asked Phleg about his appearance! Oh well....."

Hilal entered the cantina being greeted with a gust of air conditioning along with the stink of piss and vomit along with the soothing sound of music masking the cantankerous atmosphere. "Here we are," Hilal said looking around. "A fairly typical cantina from the looks of it."

OIP.Ddjha5IxVuD3ZgMme0Z1WAHaE8

Hilal adjusted her strap on her bag. "Right," she said to Thonn. "Let's ask around, I'm sure there's someone who knows who this Spice Dealer is."

"I mean...I do my rotary cannon tinkered with if you can do that." Thonn continued, still speaking in that same sheepish tone.

"And yeah, I kinda assumed you'd help because you kinda assumed I'd help you take down the head of a criminal enterprise-" He apologetically continued on, before coming to an abrupt pause as realization struck. The two favours were far from equal; she wouldn't get shot helping him adjust his cannon, for one.

"Hey now; you realize you're asking a big favour here? You just met me and it's not like I'm asking you to get shot at."
She was vode yes, but he just met her. He still didn't understand why her heart was so set on that repulsor pack, but he didn't need to when helping her consisted of just shopping. And yet she managed to get him to feel guilty about the exchange.

"And it usually does come with a price tag, Mandalorians cost good money to hire. I'm just saying, once you got your gear together, don't do chit for free." Thonn added, as he continued on with Hilal, in complete disregard for his own advice.

"People might take advantage of that."

"Yeah, this has gotta be the place." Thonn remarked as they approached.

Thonn paused again. He had no clue what the Hutt looked like beyond looking like a Hutt; which meant ugly. The only piece on intel they really had was that this was the place where they could find the repulsor pack.

"Yeah, something the planning phase would have probably solved."
Thonn responded, with wisdom he'd probably promptly forget. Stepping into the cantina with Hilal, he looked around through the wafting smoke that filled the place.

"Let's ask around, I'm sure there's someone who knows who this Spice Dealer is."

"Well we can't just go asking for-" Thonn protested, before stopping himself again.

"We're bringing him a tribute, and want to see him." He continued after his brief pause. It was a plausible enough alibi, aside from the fact that a Jorir was paying tribute. Of course, there were others who donned beskar'gam and held looser morals in regards to spice and crime. They weren't actual Mandalorians, but the criminals of Tattoine could hardly tell the difference.

If it got them in shooting distance of the Hutt, that would be all that mattered.

Current outfit

"All right, all right," Hilal grumbled. "I'll take care of your cannon when we're done, the sooner we're finished, the sooner I can get back home and get back to work on my armor."

She paused, her cheeks flushing red. "Ummmm and to install some mods on your rotary cannon," Hilal said quickly chuckling nervously. "What kind of mods do ya need? Wait don't tell me! Just write a list and I'll see what I can do."

It was pretty expensive to find mods for weapons as large as the one Thonn is currently wielding but it's not like Hilal has a choice in the matter. She needed back up in this backwater planet and Thonn is a fellow Mandalorian. As Hilal began to look around, she felt a large number of eyes descend upon her sizing the young woman up. Hilal's posture fell a little bit feeling uncomfortable of the many seedy people peering at her but she kept her head up high and continued to walk, her mind focused on the soothing Jazz music playing in the background. She is a Mandalorian, she's not afraid of these thugs one bit if there's one thing that she had that these idiots didn't was honor and pride.

Hilal approached the counter. "Hey you!" Hilal said reaching out to the old man slapping some credits onto the table. "We're looking for a man with a repulsor jetpack! Apparently, he's going around collecting tributes for the Damiyo he's serving!"

The old man looked at Hilal incredulously. "Uhhhh," he began.

"Okay fine!" Hilal placed more credits on the table. "You drive a hard bargain! Now talk!"

"Who the hell are you?" The bartender asked raising an eyebrow.

"Come on fat body!" Hilal snapped. "Talk to me! I know the game around these parts! This is business talk! Let's talk business!"

She turned to Thonn. "Do you have any more credits on you by any chance?" Hilal whispered angry at the fact that this bartender is wasting her time.

"Well the thing runs great, it's a fine piece of engineering. But hey; you tell me once you get the thing open. You're the girl with the know-how and all. But the main thing is the weight profile." He blurted out, before Hilal continued.

"Oh, I don't need new parts really. You see, I'm used to the old Z-6 type; the components was a lot more spaced out, but also further forward. And I had a coolant mod that dropped the centre of gravity further." Thonn explained, describing a layout that seemed entirely inferior to what he had with the MS-01. Which it entirely was – but Thonn was used to it. Enough so that he could keep control of the thing's inertia as he flew and keep his blaster bolts on target during aerial manoeuvres.

His new MS-01 on the other hand had a good centre of mass and great handling when on the ground. Problem was that it didn't help him as much in the air. He was trying to get used to the thing but the more he practised, the more he missed the old layout of the Z-6.

Hilal offered him up the best of both. Thonn couldn't deny that it was worth it – though it wasn't lost on him that he was letting a teenaged girl lead him into a criminal-run cantina. She seemed pretty intent on shooting that Hutt regardless though, so he reasoned it was best to be here and back up his vod.

Plus, it was a lot easier to rationalize stuff when it involved a shiny improved cannon.

Thonn froze once Hilal began issuing her demands and throwing credits down on the counter. It wasn't what he was expecting at all, he figured they could bluff their way to the guy by claiming they were offering a tribute, too. The man behind the counter wasn't taking well to the way she spoke, unsurprisingly. But maybe Thonn could salvage matters. Probably not, given his lack of social grace, but given the way Hilal continued to speak it was worth a shot.

"I don't know the formalities here, uh, I ain't no diplomat. We're just here to drop off the tribute before we head back out." Thonn responded, concocting the lie on the spot.

"We're just in a rush to get back and all so uh....if you can help us get this done then..then uh, please have this generous tip!"
He concluded, stumbling over the words as he spoke them. Maybe it would be enough; if not, his arm was primed and ready to pluck his sidearm from it's holster should things go sideways.

And it looked like it might.

Current outfit

The old man looked at Hilal and Thonn as if they were some drunks ready to put up a fight rather than Mandalorian warriors worthy of respect. Hilal grew impatient by the minute and it didn't help that Thonn sounded awkward himself. "Look at those credits!" Hilal hissed. "That's probably more than you make a year! So, come on buddy! Spill the beans! Tell me where is the man with the reupulsor pack?!"

"Excuse me young woman," The old man spat. "How old are you?"

"16."

"We don't serve minors in here!" The man said cleaning his glass. "How the hell the scanners didn't detect you?"

"I'm a Mandalorian!" Hilal slammed her fist on the table. "And I demand that you treat me with respect! The man who serves his Damiyo has an item that belongs to me! Show me where he is and you can have these credits."

The bartender looked at Hilal incredulously. "Sir is she your daughter?" He asked.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Hilal growled. "I've spent most of my time in this dustbowl looking for a cheap, working repulsor pack which was stolen from me! Now tell me where the man is!"

The bartender hardly seemed to be buying it, and Thonn didn't know what response would be best to add. Neither did Hilal, who candidly and impatiently repeated her demands. Not that the bartender was receptive to any of it, and had the mind to question her age. Rightfully, admittedly, but it still made their task more difficult.

And as blunt as she'd shown herself to be, she responded with an honest answer; 16. Naturally, he was apt to use this as an excuse to throw the two out.

The bartender looked at Hilal incredulously. "Sir is she your daughter?" He asked.

"Uh, yeah. Yeah she is." Thonn responded, leaning into and accepting the offered alibi the bartender's question afforded him. It wasn't a ruse he was planning on using, he didn't think he was quite old enough to pass as her dad anyhow. It was the best he could do to explain away why someone her age was in a cantina.

He didn't get very far with the new alibi though, before Hilal continued to candidly unveil the purpose of their visit. Too stunned for words, Thonn looked to her and then the bartender again without a gesture or response.

Current outfit

A human stepped up on the small stage behind Hilal and Thonn and began to sing. Hilal was momentarily distracted by his song and his trumpet playing before Thonn mentioned that she was his daughter. "What the fuck?!" Hilal whipped her head glowering at Thonn wondering what he was thinking until she quickly picked up what he was trying to do. "Yes!" Hilal said. "In Mandalorian culture, a parent always brings their child to dangerous places. It builds character and awakens the warrior within!"

Hilal didn't know if that was true though, she barely remembers her parents. They were shallow husks shimmering in front of her whenever Hilal tried to imagine them. The bartender scowled at the two of them shaking his head. "If I tell you where he is will you leave me the fuck alone?" he growled.

"Yes," Hilal said. "We'll leave and it'll be like we never met."

"I wish that was true," the Bartender said pointing to the right. "There the big guy with glasses is serves the Damiyo around these parts."

"See?" Hilal huffed. "That wasn't so bad now was it?!" The young woman grabbed Thonn's hand as she began to approach. "Time to tell that nerf herder to give me my Repulsor pack!" she said with determination in her eyes.

Distracted by the music once the band once the performer began to sing, her attention returned to the conversation the instant he referred to her as his daughter.

"What the fuck?!"
Hilal gave him another look. Thonn didn't worry that the improvised cover would be blown, he expected it would. To his surprise, Hilal played along:

In Mandalorian culture, a parent always brings their child to dangerous places. It builds character and awakens the warrior within!"
"..Yeah!" Thonn agreed enthusiastically. She committed to the ruse well, better than he had been able to weave it. With her leaning into the alibi, he might believe it. He hoped he would, but the shake of the bartender's head appeared disappointing. Expecting to get thrown out of the establishment, Thonn was both surprised and pleased that it did.

He wasn't too happy about it, but he offered to give they guy's location and that's really all they needed.

"See?" Hilal huffed. "That wasn't so bad now was it?!"
"Not that bad? We came this close to getting thrown out!" Thonn remarked, led way by the hand to the target marked out to them. Granted, he'd been thrown out of cantinas before, but being sober for the ejection would have been a first.

Hilal Vizsla Hilal Vizsla

Current outfit

"He saw reason," Hilal snorted when Thonn complained that the two were nearly kicked out. "Or saw his wallet get a little fatter from all the credits we've offered him. Which by the way I won't have enough to get me back to Kresti, so I'm gonna have to sell some stuff." Hilal knew how the game worked in Mos Eisley. It was filled with people looking to get a quick credit, In many ways they reminded Hilal of herself constantly on the streets looking for ways to make credits. It wasn't like she wouldn't take a bribe if it meant filling her belly with food for the night. She shuddered thinking of those days looking through trash bins for extra food as a kid. Hilal was glad that she was in a little more stable position with her shop.

The young woman walked through the crowd dancing to the catchy music. Some aliens growled in Hilal in their language possibly cursing at her for ruining their serenity. She didn't care, their enjoyment didn't matter only the fact that her Repulsor Pack has been taken away from her. Some of aliens attempted to hit Thonn on the head as if he was responsible for Hilal as she dragged her fellow Mandalorian to the other side of the bar. A large bronze skinned man with tattoos embedded on his biceps was drinking some grog while flirting with one of the barmaids.

642de0d2ffa4a272d2abaf1ac584978c.jpg

"There's the bastard!" Hilal huffed marching towards him not caring if the man's arm was bigger than her entire. "Hey chithead!" She shouted.

Social subtlety wasn't a skill of Thonn's. Normally he'd just let his cannon do the talking, always it spoke effectively enough. Surrounded by smugglers and with only one vode to back him up, even the normally daring Thonn knew to tread carefully here. Even if the could just shoot the place up, it wouldn't do much good if they couldn't get a hold of that repulsor pack Hilal wanted so much.

"He saw reason," Hilal snorted when Thonn complained that the two were nearly kicked out. "Or saw his wallet get a little fatter from all the credits we've offered him. Which by the way I won't have enough to get me back to Kresti, so I'm gonna have to sell some stuff."
"Well I got room in my starship, I can just fly you there." Thonn replied. Offering up a ride was the least he could do, it would save her the time and money to travel. Plus, the sooner he could get off world, the less trouble she might get him in. And in Tattoine, there was an awful lot of trouble one could find oneself in.

None of the patrons were too happy with Hilal's presence either, or his. He ducked beneath a swing and paused his stance, ready to throw a punch back, before simply following along with Hilal. He'd wanted to deck the guy, but if things broke out into a barfight they might never get at that guy they were looking for in the ensuing chaos.

Well they found him, and he was an awful big guy. While Thonn was considering the best way to approach, Hilal pressed forth and spoke first.

"Hey chithead!"

...Kark it.

Things could only go further south. If he didn't start shooting now, this guy'd begin blasting first. Hilal blocked the man's view of Thonn's shooting arm as it reached to the the disruptor pistol at his hip. With a sudden sidestep, he fired the pistol over her shoulder, firing twice at the man's chest.

Hopefully before he could figure out what was up.

Current outfit

The waves from the Disruptor Pistol penetrated the man's large backside yet much to Hilal's dismay he remained sitting still drinking his Grog as if nothing happened. "What the fuck?!" Hilal squeaked her eyes pulsating with anger and her small curling into fists. "Thonn," Hilal growled staring up at her fellow Mandalorian. "Your Paralysis Beam must be underpowered!"

She snatched the pistol from him examining the weapon. "What the hell?" Hilal sounded as though she had walked into a dirty bathroom. "Thonn have you ever heard of weapon maintenance?! The battery is almost drained and the barrel dirty! Ugh!" The young woman shook her head. "What kind of Mandalorian doesn't maintain their weapon especially when MY Repulsor Pack is at stake!"

"HEY!" The large man's voice filled the Cantina, his voice sounding like a Wookie if it was amplified with a megaphone. "I'm trying to have my drink here kindly take your argument outside."

"The fuck?!" Hilal scowled before pushing the gun on Thonn's chest. "I'm going to build you a new weapon," she growled. "So you can actually help me."

Hilal had to admit the man looked and sounded frightening, but she is a Mandalorian. Mandalorians stand tall against their oppressors no matter how tough they appear to be. The young woman marched towards the man as he got up huffing in annoyance. "Hey large sack of muscles!" She roared. "I'm here to take what's rightfully mine!"

The man turned around tower over Hilal, she felt like a flea facing against a Rancor her heart was racing but she stood her ground. "That is?" he asked.

"My Repulsor Pack!" Hilal shouted. "I bought off of that merchant fair and square and YOU TOOK FROM ME!"

"Kid," The man responded not believing what he's getting into. "I don't have time for this."

"Oh yes you DO!" Hilal cocked her hand back forming a fist before launching it on to the man's stomach. Pain shot through Hilal's arm punching his abs felt like punching a Beskar laden wall. "OW!" Hilal quickly shook her hand whining at the pain before she felt a massive tree trunk arm hitting her on the face sending her flying across the room and landing onto the table. Hilal along with the table fell simultaneously onto the ground as she was writhing in pain.

"Don't bother getting up." The man snorted before turning around to return to his drink.

"What do you think you-" Thonn protested fruitlessly as Hilal snatched the weapon away, studying it in her hand.

"Your Paralysis Beam must be underpowered!" She remarked. Though it was (supposed to be) a disruptor pistol, and not a blaster pistol, and the notion that it could be found underpowered sparked chagrined confusion from Thonn. As did the appearance of the weapon in her hand, which looked nothing like his disruptor pistol at all. That pistol was packed away with his gear, a fact that he just recalled on seeing the wrong weapon in Hilal's hand. The weapon that he had in his holster was something he had just purchased in the market, but hadn't gotten to test. Well, he'd just unintentionally tested the thing, it seemed. It failed.

The man had words, though the big guy wasn't quite aggressive yet. He seemed to have little clue as to what was actually going on, which, with Thonn, made two of them. He'd no idea how to respond to the guy but he wasn't about to acquiesce. Before he could figure that out however, Hilal slammed his pistol against his chest, mocking him before taunting the guy.

Thonn looked to her, then the guy, then her again. She continued to make demands, and he continued to care little for her or her threats. At least the guy was patient. What with how menacing he looked, Thonn had worried his response would be far more violent than it actually was. He was being rather tame with her.

Until she took a swing at him.

That got her a backhand that sent her flying, and ultimately careening into a table. Thonn stood there stunned, watching it all unfold before giving his head a shake. Well, Hilal had gotten a lot easier to deal with, he had to credit the guy with that. He had quite a bit of patience too, if he was every bit as bad as the shopkeeper had said, they'd surely be fighting by now. Thonn had gotten in gunfights with nicer folks.

"Look, I know she's kind of an idiot and had that coming. I'm not going to bore you with details." Thonn explained. Doubtful this guy wanted to hear his story. Thonn wouldn't have had the attention for it himself.

"I was gonna say I'll pay double what that repulsor pack is worth." Thonn continued, taking another look at Hilal atop the collapsed table on the ground.

"I'll offer you triple. Idiot tax." Thonn concluded. There was no way they were winning this thing by means of a gunfight. If he broke out the cannon, he could probably slaughter enough of them to escape, but Hilal was bound to get herself killed, and that just plain couldn't happen.

There'd be no one to modify his rotary cannon if she did, and this'd all be for nothing.

Hilal Vizsla Hilal Vizsla

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom