Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This Chick-a-dee knows how to play!

There were many a times where I wished to be playing my guitar at all the mosh pits of the Galaxy, or selling out stadiums full of fans screaming my name. Over and over again. But that was not my life. My life was with the fringe. Even as that may, I could hardly trust anybody that was there. it was me against the rest of the fringe. While other places had their backups to their backups, I was the only one of my line. The last of the Imura line. Though that hardly mattered. I kind of wanted my line to end. maybe my dream to keep on going, but not my line. I had already suffered so much because of this war, and now that it had been kind of over with the fall of the Sith Empire, Now instead of war, I was playing my strings

I sat at a simple bar on Courscant. Rather nice looking place, not to high up the totem poll where you listened to Opera, and not to low where it was music that was made for grinding. I just shuddered at that thought. Nasty. Anywhos, I grabbed my guitar pick and the "Awesome guitar" that I owned. Fitting perfectly into my hands. I let the force flow through me. and using the simplistic movements of my hands strum the first few notes.

Slowly everyone in the bar could hear the drums and symbols play, even the the background guitar began to play, when I was the only one up on the stage. I was using the power of the force to project my playing of This song.

Here I sit all alone like an airplane
On the edge of a sky full of solid gray
Staring at the ceiling, tell me that I'm dreaming
Oh, I wish you were here today
All these days I know I'll never get back
All these words I know I wish I should've said
All these dreams that we had now fade to black
Try to wash it away

I'm torn to pieces, I'm broken down
I still see your face when you're not around
I sit here in misery wondering if I'll ever be
Half the man you wanted me to be

Here I float through the air like a waterfall
Than I sink to the bottom like a cannonball
Having trouble breathing, suddenly I'm screaming
Why wasn't I good enough
Even though I know you're not gonna come back
I can't wash it away

It's tearing me to pieces
Tearing me to pieces
It's tearing me to pieces
Tearing me to pieces

Even though I know you're not gonna come back
I can't wash it away

(I'm torn to pieces)
(I'm torn to pieces)

Spread evenly between the words I could feel the vibes of my voice echo into my ears. Though it be a "love song" It have value in more than one way. Really, I didn't t know who I was singing about. Nor did I know if anybody really cared. All I wanted for my life was somebody there. because truly I was torn to pieces. My entire life was about surviving this war, and now that it was over, I didn't know what to do.

@[member="Kira Liadain"]

Kira Talith

Kinetic Communication at its finest my Chick-e-dee
Mission: To investigate the dealings of the Coruscant gangs running amuck.
Objective: To infiltrate via the good ol method of fangirling.

Well, it was a fairly straightforward mission. Just had to infiltrate one of the gangs as a fangirl of the grungy band that was a cover for some rather questionable dealings in the Galactic Market area.

So, an hour ago, Kira had been drinking some kind of muja berry fru fru drink, with the full intention of mimicking a fangirl who had served as guide to get into this particular bar. She even ditched the robes and had a nice shirt on, showing off the shoulders and some black pants. Everything had been going GREAT! She got in, had a couple of drinks... met with the band... went backstage... made sure her wire got all the information ---- until... well yeah...

Girl who gave the tip came in. Apparently, it was a trap!

Figures.

tumblr_inline_miwszja37n1qz4rgp.gif

So now, here she was, in the refresher of one of the many backstage rooms, with her hands and feet bound together with mesh tape while the rest of the gang discussed just what they were going to do with her.

Fantastic!

S'kay though. I got this. I got this covered.

Kira wiggled some more, but there was no getting out of that meshtape. Stuck stuck and man it was pulling a the little hairs on her wrist. Ow ow.

Okay, maybe not quite covered yet.

The loud sounds of the bar plus the music didn't help in crying out for help. Then again, odds are that even crying out for help was -not- going to help her at all.

A hot puff of air blew her bangs away from her face, her eyes darting around. The last set of the band had ended, and now another group was to take its place.

Alright Kira.. you just gotta need to --

That's when the first strings of the Torn to Pieces song came pouring through the vent.

Here I sit all alone like an airplane
On the edge of a sky full of solid gray
Staring at the ceiling, tell me that I'm dreaming...

She paused mid wiggle, tilting her ear up to hear the song a bit better from the depths of her refresher prison.

Huh, the guy had a great voice.

It was a nice song.

@[member="Morna Imura"]

After the song was over, I heard a loud round of applause. I smiled and let myself bow slightly. I raised my fist into the air pumping it up and down. I smiled and allowed myself off stage. I walked over to my guitar case as a few other guys walked past me. One of them a female, I held up my left hand in a Y shape with mt thumb and pinky, I then got a response in kind. I nodded my head as I walked off. letting the group go on and start their own song. While I wanted some space. sometimes I liked to get a smoke. Grabbing a cigarette from my many pockets, I walked into a room, Not caring if I looked around, I lit it and took a puff. Feeling so good inside.
Oh was it nice to take a break form war sometimes.

@[member="Kira Liadain"]

Kira Talith

@[member="Morna Imura"]

Alright, the band changed again. GOOD. This meant that there was bound to be a couple of distractions that she could take advantage of. Mainly, that perhaps someone would want to use the refresher. Or perhaps she could -- her eyes went up to the ceiling. YES the vent!

She just had to get this sith loving mesh tape off. A quick glance around didn't reveal any kind of sharp object that she could use to cut the tape. Which left... drat!

Wait! A small reflective surface glittered just on top of the sink. A couple of grunts and a wiggle later that had her just under the sink, revealed that it was a portable mirror. Fantastic!

I can work with this, she thought to herself. I just have to..., she gave a grunt, as she stretched out her neck to try and use her forehead to push at the mirror, her intention of having it fall down and break. We'll discuss superstitions about bad luck later, but for now, she was desperate.

The mirror fell and within moments, slivers of glass went bouncing around her. Now I just... had to... get ... Her fingers tried to reach out to grab a piece of broken glass with the Force.

GOT IT!

I let the grey warm smoke leave my nose like that of a dragon of old. Drifting through the room as I was clearly getting a break. I could hear scuffles from the back of the room. With all of this band equipment in the way, I just thought that it was the mice or something like that. I shook my head and went back to my smoking.

A few seconds later I heard a grunt? Oh great looks like one of the band members was getting something special tonight. I was slightly disgusted, but even at that, I opened the door to leave when I heard a crash sound. it was either glass or something made with the same construction. before I even knew it, my dagger flew to my left hand while my right lit up in flames. I walked around the corner to see a woman tied up and a piece of the broken mirror slide over at high speeds to her hands.

I let my fire fade to nothing, and slipped the dagger back into my boot as she clearly was trying to get out of bonds. She looked familiar. I don't know how just of yet. I let my left hand come out and touch her own hands before she could cut herself. "Watch it lady, Might cut yourself." I pulled from behind me a simple durasteel dagger, and tried to cut the material that bind her. It didn't do so well. Sighing, I pressed a index finger to the material, right between the woman's wrists. In a second the bindings got warm, and with much ease did I rip at them. Breaking her from the bonds.

"You okay Ma'am?"

@[member="Kira Liadain"]

Kira Talith

Oh stars. This was it. It was THE END!

Kira froze as soon as she heard the rush of approaching footsteps, her eyes wide as she frantically tried to quickly cut through the mesh with the sliver of glass. It wasn't working very well --- well that was a lie, it was working well at cutting up her palm. Well, no gain without pain!

Okay, that was a bad joke.

That's when her attention went zooming towards the tall figure with fire licking his right hand and a vibroknife on his left.

"Oh crap!" Kira gave an exclamation out, already trying to wiggle away when her would be killer turned into knight in -- well shining leather armor? Before she knew it, her bindings were cut, the warmth of the fire surprising her, but relatively unharming her as he was done.

"You okay Ma'am?"

Wide-eyed, Kira stared at him with a dumbfounded expression, beads of blood starting to trickle down her hand and arm as she instinctively went to rub her wrists. With the horrible lighting in the refresher, she couldn't quite make his face.

But the voice... the voice...

"Ahh.. yeah... I'm great now! Thanks!" she told him, her voice squeaking a bit before she gathered her wits about her. She couldn't help looking past his shoulder, as if anticipating members of the gang to come bursting through.

"Ahhh... so.. you new around here?... ahh.. part of the regular band?" oh she was yammering out a stream of questions as she tried to get to her feet. Time was of the essence!

"HEY YOU! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" came a gruff reptilian shout behind @[member="Morna Imura"], as Kira's fears came true. There standing behind him, was a rather large Trandoshan with meaty arms like Gamorrean thighs.

"Ohhh.. this is not good." Kira said, as the Trandoshan went charging towards Morna.

"Watch out!" she cried out to her would be savior, her hands reaching out to push Morna out of the way so he wouldn't get bodyslammed. 'Course... she didn't quite count on the fact that she was now putting herself in the line of fire.

Ohhh this was going to hurt...

Man do things like to change quick now a days. The woman spoke to me, asking questions that she could have answered herself. If I was not a band member, solo band, then I was allowed back here. Nobody else other than the production crew, and the bands were allowed. I was going to answer her anyways, when a gruff sound of a voice came from behind me.

Turning around, he charged at me, and even though I was a solid six feet tall, the woman decided that she had better chances against it herself. Pushing me out of the way, I decided not to make her life more horrible than it already was. My left hand came out as the Trandoshan came barreling down past me. Grabbing onto the man's vest, I yanked him around.

His own momentum fueled where his next pain was coming from. My right hand was a fist of fire as his face and my fist charged at one another. I did not envy the fellow. Cus now he had one big headache, a burn on his face, and when he fell to the ground, his head literally bounced a few times.

My left hand lashed out, and the bindings that were around the woman, were now in my hands, and were being applied to the Trandoshan. Once more with heat, I melted to two ends together, and with alittle thinking, Froze the bands, Practically making a full hand covering Ice cuff.

@[member="Kira Liadain"]

Kira Talith

"Well... that's one method to handle that." Kira said with wide-eyed surprise. Ohhh, this was no ordinary Force User.

Nooo sirree!

Oh great, now what did I get myself into? Kira mused with a bit of alarm. The Trandoshan fell with a loud and heavy thud, enough to rattle the pieces of glass around the floor.

"Ahh... Well..." she began, eying the fire starter a bit cautiously. He certainly was no Jedi. "There goes my attempt to be the knight in not so shining armor," she joked with a light laugh, one that kinda cracked a bit.

"So.... who are you?" she asked him, watching @[member="Morna Imura"] curiously. There was something about his voice. If only she had a better look at his face. Something nagged at her at the back of her mind.

But what was it?

Her mention of handingly it a little differently, I only smiled and shook my head as I left the man on the ground to stand up and look at her as she joked that I was not really her Knight in Shining armor. "That model costs more than you may think hun." I said with a slight chuckle. I then bent down to pick the man up, putting him over my shoulder as her next question came out.

I grunted slightly under the man's weight, "Just a simple man with simple talents." My answer was the same for everyone. Even with the powers that I had, sure they made my life easier, but at the same time, it made it harder. and to avoid that, I was just some simple man making his way in life. Simple man, with simple talents. Even though I had survived a falling building just after I was stabbed multiple times with a force pike, and after I had used my body as a shield against enough explosives to blow up a cruiser into dust.

That was not also counting the time I made a tornado. ugh, people really thought I was different than they were, just because I had the innate ability to tap into the force.

@[member="Kira Liadain"]

Kira Talith

"Just a man with simple talents... Right.." so... like wetwork? This wouldn't be good if that was his skill set. She might have to take him down. Stat! However, with him now bearing the heavy weight of the Trandoshan, it made it a little easier to think of ways of how to tackle him down if necessary.

Maybe I can get a good kick to the back of his shins, she mused, only to glance right up at @[member="Morna Imura"]. For now, she wasn't quite out of danger, and she didn't know if Mr. Simple man with simple talents was apt to fire her up extra crispy style!

"Uhh... so, Flame boy," she decided to give him that nickname since he didn't offer one, "Just ahh... what are you gonna do with Trandoshan hulk there?" she asked, while thinking, and just what are you going to do about me?

Feeling the warmth of blood drip down her hand, she immediately rubed it off on her pants. Well at least they were black. It wouldn't show.

She followed behind, cautiously eyeing Flame boy and the door, taking a step towards it like a flighty bird ready to take off.

I could tell the woman was jumpy because I gave her a vague of who I was. I turned around and smiled "I'm just going to hand him over to security, and then I'm gonna make sure that they bandage you up. If you don't mind, I like to keep my Force powers a secret for certain reasons, so if you ask, no I won't tell you." I turned around to face the door and I decided to come to something else.

"However my name is Morna, what's yours miss?"

If maybe I could have a name, then maybe I could put a place and time where we had met before.

@[member="Kira Liadain"]

Kira Talith

@[member="Morna Imura"]

Uhhh.. Just hand him over to security eh? Well, that was ONE option. In any rate, so far, it didn't seem he was the one she should have to worry about.

Besides he made quite a nice wall in front of her if anyone was to come at them from his direction. Oh sithspit, Kira, you are horrible! She stuck pretty close to 'Morna's' back, eyes glancing every now and then from side to side as they moved through.

"Ahh.. Morna is it?" she repeated, blowing the blonde hair that fell over her face with a hot puff of air.

"Certain reasons eh?" Well call her a curious Nexu, but she hadn't seen anyone in the Order be able to go all Fire Starter on her. "Huh.. bet that comes in handy when you need to turn on some candles eh?" She shot back with a bit of a tease, looking over a corner.

The door opened in front of me with the help of Telekinesis as the woman spoke Asking if my name really was Morna, but to herself most likely. Walking out, The sound of the bands playing again was apparent, playing a song called "One way or another" I shook my head as the girl was doing a pretty good job. (see what I did there?) Taking a grip of the man better she spoke more about my powers come in handy when having a candle, "I wouldn't know, never used them." I simply replied.

"And I hope to have the Damsel in distress' name?" I said looking over to her with a wink of my eye. I then sat the man down on the door for security and tapped a few times. A man opened the door and looked at me, I pointed to the large guy on the ground and spoke, "He got backstage and wanted to start a fight, turning him over to you guys." The guard simply nodded his head and dragged the guy into the room.

Turning to the woman I looked at her, "And you seem awfully familiar."

@[member="Kira Liadain"]

Kira Talith

@[member="Morna Imura"]

"Oh I love this song!" came Kira's abrupt comment as the first strings of 'One way or another' tickled her ears. She couldn't even stop the slight bobbing of her head, already silently mouthing the words, "One way.. or another... I'm gonna find ya... I'm gonna gettcha gettcha gettcha!"

But she stopped after he said he never used them, which prompted a look of shock, going, "Oh come on! At least ONE candle!" she reemphasized, one finger pointed up.

"There has to be at least one!" That's when they got close to security, and she went back into sheepish mode, hiding behind Morna. Peeking over his shoulder, she waited until he was done. He'd asked for her name... but she was undercover.

"Mara!" she said, "Mara Jade!" well it was as good of a name as any, she added with a cheeky grin, hoping he'd believe her. "AHhh... well... they tell me I have a pretty familiar face!" she joked, glancing around.
She had to get out of here. Biting her lower lip, she went over her options. Well, her best bet was to get out of here in a jiff, and Mr. Knight in shining leather certainly gave her an excuse.

"Ahhh, how about we get going and I'll buy you a drink... or ... dinner! Yeah, for saving me? " she then quickly added, "Just not here!" Maybe if they also got under better light, she'd might remember why he ALSO seemed pretty familiar.

I shook my head as she accepted the name Mara Jade. I was oh so tempted to start asking questions if she really killed her husband, and if she actually have a child that became a Sith lord. But she may be using that name as a cover. I had used a few in the past, though I forget them now.

I shook my head as she attempted to get me out to get a drink or even dinner, because I had "saved" her. With the way that she had the force, and was rather sketchy, I had a feeling that she could handle herself. To an extent. More so I was being kind to her my helping her. Even though most other sith would have taken advantage of a tied up, pretty looking girl in a back room in a loud theater.

I nodded my head once, "If it makes you feel better then fine, but I don't really need a dinner or a drink." I wouldn't say no to her, but I was not really saying yes. More so I was saying, drag me along if you want, but if you leave me, I wouldn't care.

@[member="Kira Liadain"]

Kira Talith

@[member="Morna Imura"]

Well he was giving her the easy way to simply skidaddle if she wished -- his body language told all! Take it Kira! DO IT! Just walk away! WALK AWAY! She could hear the more reasonable voice in her mind trying to show a measure of reason, but....

"Huh, well how about a Powdered Christophsian sugar donut?" she suggested instead, mentally kicking herself. AHHH the curiosity of an investigator! She just had to know why this guy seemed familiar to her!

I smiled and nodded my head, Extending my elbow out for her to loop her arm through, more so as a joke, "Well that sounds fine to me." I then led her around the corrner to the door and opened it for her. Walking out, I just had to ask now before we could continue any further. "I'm sorry but you look like someone who I have met before?"

(ooc: sorry about the short post! lol)
@[member="Kira Liadain"]

Kira Talith

@[member="Morna Imura"]

OH beans! HE CAUGHT ME! Kira couldn't quite hide that deer in the headlights look, but she quickly hid it with a flashing grin and a steady push with her hands at his back for him to walk faster!

"Hah?! I dunno have I?" she said with a light laugh, walking through the open door. "Maybe I just have that kinda face?" she said in a light quip. "I guess we can start by all the places you visited and maybe narrow it down from there...." yes... jedi investigator technique's at its finest!

I could see the surprise on her face for the single second that I looked to her, and then it changed to a somewhat sly look She avoided my question with another. And wanting to keep the ball in her quart she started in wanting me to talk. I continued to walk even as she pressed her hands to my back keeping me walking past the door. It led down some steps and would lead out to the left into an allely were we could walk to a doughnut shop.

Shaking my head as I went down the steps, "And who says that you get to ask the questions? Only time that I have acted out of my faction is with the Sith on Manpha..... Wait." I turned to her and smiled. I thought this might be one of the jedi that had been there after the falling of the building. but I didn't know who it was that was int he shield with me.

@[member="Kira Liadain"]

Kira Talith

@[member="Morna Imura"]

Nothing a little ushering didn't help out with. The fresh air -- well as fresh as Coruscant's Twilight sector could have - came in a small breeze, the many lights of the various speeders and personal transports just off into the distance, beyond the pedestrian balcony a few meters ahead of them.

A small usher to the right, and her hands fell from his back, only to suddenly pause as he suddenly turned to face her, a rather peculiar smile on his lips. That's when she got a good look at him. The overhead street lights were certainly better than the dim glow of the cantina.

Her finger suddenly snapped over to point at him, and her eyes grew wide. "Wait a minute!!!" her lower jaw fell and then it closed, "I know you!"

She probably shouldn't have said that in such a loud voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom