Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Third Floor on the West Side

Chancellor Emerita / Advisor of State
tumblr_p8kby9LkOC1wk0giso2_500.gifv

The Jedi Temple // Jedi Archives Foyer
As the Coruscant sun began to fall into the east of the ecumenopolis' sky, a group of elder statesmen and serious looking figures in dark brown robes emerged from the ornate doors of the Jedi Archives. A curious mix of politicians and Jedi conversed cordially as the congregation began to separate just outside the vast halls of the newly reconstructed center of learning. Among those figures was the distinctly recognizable visage of Adhira Chandra, Senator of Balmorra. "Well," she said loudly, her raspy voice rising over the terribly chummy sounding laughter that echoed after a poorly told joke by one of her fellow senators, "on behalf of the Senate and His Excellency, allow me to thank you all for your time this afternoon. The tour of the new archives has been most illuminating!"

The dusky senator lingered long enough for her colleagues and the learned members of the Jedi delegation to thank each other over and over again before they eventually departed. She watched carefully as the respective groups faded into the distance, her bright red lips tightened into her powdered cheeks. Once they were all well out of earshot, the woman turned back toward the archives and walked purposefully among the rows, dodging the younglings and padawans who were attending to their studies. Her heavily lidded eyes studding the labels along the edge of the shelves as she passed.

"Oh! Senator Chandra, I thought you'd already departed, did you require assistance?" a white-haired human Jedi with deeply set wrinkles chirped as she came into his field of vision. Adhira smiled at the man as if she were going to request directions, but her dark eyes caught sight of something else over his shoulder, and the tension in her body shifted. "Uh, no, Master Jedi, I was merely browsing, but thank you," she offered a small bow as she sidestepped his presence, "excuse me."

Across the hall from where she'd been standing, Adhira spied a cascading head of golden hair that caught her attention. In truth, she was seeking out a certain jedi with whom she'd shared a private conversation some time ago... a conversation that needed following up. As casually as she could, she approached the young woman from behind and tapped her gently on the shoulder. "Ms. Matson?" she said softly, but the face that turned to greet her was wholly different... though not unrecognizable. In fact, it was a face she remembered quite well from her official visit to Naboo a while back.

"Oh... uh-forgive me... you-you're..." Adhira was hoping to deflect from the name she had just spoken, though she doubted the former Queen of Naboo would know the significance. "Jamie Pyne..." her tone shifted into something that was distinctly curious now, "forgive me for the intrusion... you're a far way from Naboo, my lady."

Jamie Pyne Jamie Pyne

In all her years being a Jedi, rarely had Jamie ever stepped foot on Coruscant, the heart of the core. Not for any particular aversion, it simply hadn't been priority number one at any point in time. Her calling and obligations had always been elsewhere. Now that she no longer held the title of Queen of Naboo, the freedom to pursue her own interests and curiosities were abundant. Though she still kept an ear to her homeworld, Jamie sought to distance herself from the decisions of the ruling monarchy and their affiliations with the Confederacy of Independent Systems. They simply weren't her cup of tea, as one might say.

Now that she had the ability to venture throughout the galaxy, Jamie had arranged for a visit to the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, to meet with fellow knights and masters, as well as to observe more traditional training of younglings and Padawans, as hers was hardly what could be called formal. Most training she received was in the field. Not that she complained, it was simply the way of things.

The Galactic Alliance was a different sort of beast back then.

A tap on her shoulder prompted her to turn, though the name that was called perked a brow in confusion as she saw the face of Senator Chandra before her. Jamie supposed it was a simple mistake of identity, given her less than expected appearance on Coruscant. Besides, there were likely a good many blonde haired human women to be found in the halls of the temple as well as the Senate.

A warm smile cast on her face, and a small bow was offered to Adhira. "No intrusion, Senator." Jamie then stood upright again. "I am indeed. These days the politics of my people are left to my successors." She turned towards the archives and gave a small glance around the room. "This was more an enlightenment journey. You may find this odd, but I've never been to the Jedi temple here."

Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom