Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private They Say Fear Keeps Even The Local Systems In Line

sith-red.png

"No one wants to die, Acolyte."

Vazz stood, his form shimmering back to the white furred figure he usually appeared to be. He tossed a vial to the ground before her. An antidote to the poison ravaging her body. "You won't, today. You've proven yourself worth more alive than dead given how you handled that Terentatek." He turned from her, looking again to the beast with a chuckle.

"Use that fear you feel. Consider this a lesson. Arrogance is a fast way to end up dead. You can be better than all those around you, but don't boast. Show. Like now."

Again he looked back to her, towards where she was bleeding.

"Use that fear and force yourself to not die. Refuse death, and follow. That beast won't stay trapped for long, but it also won't leave the cave. Come along, acolyte."

He chuckled once more before turning from her and walking, uncaring if she followed, back to the entrance of the cave.

Ansisa Ansisa

Fingers fumbled for the antidote, teeth tearing the cork free as he spoke, downing the liquid inside. For all she knew it could have been a trick, but the desperation to cling to life took over her senses completely.

The effects were almost instant, her vision. Snapping back into focus as the defel appreciated her handiwork. She was still in pain, her side was sticky with blood and her shoulder throbbed, the arm useless at her side until she could get it back into place.

She climbed slowly to her feet, glancing back at the terentatek absorbing the lesson. She could have died today, but she didn't. Ansisa lived, only by his good graces, so in his good graces she would stay.

For now.

"Yes, Master." She replied finally, following him back up the slope and toward the cave exit.

Vazz Vazz

sith-red.png

He walked without bothering to look to see if she kept up, yet didn't walk in such a way that she couldn't. Coddling would do nothing to the growth of a Sith, but excessively pushing would lead to crippling. Stunting the growth before they could become something truly great. "Your lightsaber will not be returned to you. You will find a Jedi, and steal one from them. Whether subtly or through outright murder I don't care. The only thing that matters is you take it from a Jedi. Understood?"

Ansisa Ansisa

Ansisa scowled at the back of his head. She'd worked hard for that crystal. "Yes, Master." a thought dawned on her, she could push her luck, just a little.

"Master," she said careful to keep her annoyance from her voice, though he no doubt felt it. "Can I have the crystal back, when I succeed?"

Because Ansisa would succeed. If she could subdue a terentatek without a lightsaber, she could do the same with a Jedi. Jedi were weaker, choosing violence as a last resort and even then it was all defensive, never offensive.

Vazz Vazz

Last edited:

sith-red.png

"Not immediately. There's another step once you bring back the lightsaber that you will have to accomplish first. But once you do, I will give you back your crystal."

Sometimes a carrot was worth it's wait in gold. The Defel smirked, glancing over his shoulder as he lifted up the red crystal between his claws. Whether it was the real one or not was up in the air, given his nature and affinity for illusions, but he showed it none the less.

"Till then, I'll hang on to it."

Ansisa Ansisa

"Let me guess," she snapped, her irritation getting the better of her "I don't get to find out the purpose of any of these tasks until they are complete?"

For the first time in her life, she regretted it instantly. They'd made it to the cave entrance, she was so close to putting the fight behind her and she'd allowed her temper to get the better of her. It was with great effort she force the next words out.

"Forgive me, Master."

She could add excuses, excuses like she was in a vast amount of pain from her wounds, that she was most definitely bleeding out, albeit it slowly, that every fibre of her being was beyond exhausted. Such excuses seemed pointless, he knew her physical state. Fear crept up her spine.

Vazz Vazz

sith-red.png

"If I told you everything right away, where would the fun be?"

Vazz just grinned as he glanced again towards her, said nothing more on it as he tucked the crystal away. The stick, was it? At least she learned some humility after having to face the Terentatek. But another lesson was in order, though he wasn't going to be the one to teach it. "You should get yourself fixed up. Head back to the Academy. Once you're healed, you can head out at your leisure to find that Jedi you will take from. I'll have a ship ready for you."

It didn't sound like a punishment, until the reality would set in. An Acolyte, returned after a potential master hadn't taken them. Without their lightsaber. Injured. She'd be a prime target for the resentment of her peers. How long would she stay to get healed under the constant threat of beatings from those she surely beat herself?

Killing was banned in the Academy, but there certainly were ways to make your hated rivals miserable.

"Go on, Acolyte. We'll meet again once you've collected that lightsaber."

Ansisa Ansisa

Ansisa didn't move. Her eyes locked on his, her mouth slightly agape in horror.

"You can't be serious?!"

She'd rather go back into the gave and let the Terentatek eat her than return in this state to the Academy. Alone. Queen Bee to the lowest drone in a matter of hours. She was owed by many a drone for the torment she'd brought upon them.

But that was the point wasn't it? She snapped her mouth shut, eyes moving in the direction of the Academy. Perhaps there was a way she could pass in unnoticed, get to the hospital wing heal just enough to be safe and then get out. A wishful thought, the rumours will have already spread about her leaving with a Master. They'd be waiting for her.

"With all due respect, Master, you are a bastard."

She gave him a small respectful bow, before beginning the slow walk back towards the Academy, dread filling her entire being.

Vazz Vazz

sith-red.png

"I am always serious, you know."

Vazz chuckled, shook his head. It seemed she realized it right away. Good. The feeling of wanting to disappear would help her more than she likely knew. In fact, he didn't see a reason to delay that part of the lesson now. He spoke up, calling after her as she stormed off. Or limped off, more accurately. "Focus on that feeling, of wanting to fade away. Maybe you will."

A hint at the lesson she could learn if she was careful. Or at least strong willed enough. The Force could do many things, especially when fueled by emotion.

"Play nice with the others, Acolyte."

Ansisa Ansisa

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom