Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

They Flock At Frida's [Red Ravens] [Open to All]

THREAD IS NOW CLOSED.

Nar Shaddaa
Frida's Spaceport Cantina
[Ambience]

g6Llt3e.jpg

The music roared.
Lysle found himself pushing past a cluster of belligerent drunks. Sharply dressed. Suit firmly pressed and dry-cleaned. Hair slicked back. He was the epitome of well dressed, and they knew not to touch him. The Vice President of the Red Ravens ambled over to a booth, taking his seat with a plethora of Ravens that had joined him. They regularly came here to eat, drink and converse, and sometimes when an eye-catching customer enters the venue, they try to recruit. He thumbed a control pad on the edge of the table, and the faint yellow radiance of a tranquillity screen rose around their booth. The screen was a rare touch of quality for a place like Frida's, but one Lysle appreciated as the raucous music faded to a muffled booming.

Sigourney approached the door of the all too familiar establishment; Fridas'. The entrance groaned as it slid aside. The stench of narcotics and alcohol wafted out onto the street. The fog choked itself in the throats of passerby's, prompting guttural coughs. Sigourney swiped her hand with fervour, keeping the smell of decaying lives from her nostrils. The smooth skinned Zeltron waltzed into the cantina. It had been two months since the Red Ravens operated from Frida's, but the miasma of the cantina still affected her senses. She spied the tranquility screen illuminating the nearby customers in a yellow glow. A smile crept across her full lips, recognising the familiar figure of Lysle within the booth. She quickly retreated to a seat opposite him, the screen protecting her from the deafening music, the tantalising neon lights and the ever-present smoke. "What's new," Sigourney asked.

Through the open door of the bar, in walked a small looking creature~ accompanied by an astromech droid into the club. The red furred Squib looked about until he spied the two Ravens at the table. He made his way over and took a seat~ the meter tall Squib having to sit on his knees to be at eye level~ the Astro droid scooting up beside him at the table. He'd been to the bar before, but still the music and aroma took a little time to sink in. He looked up at the other two and smiled widely with his sharp teeth~ that same sort of smile he'd lure you into a trade with.

"Hello there, long time no see my friends!"

"Well, I've finished most of the paper work," Lysle offhandedly mentioned. He threw a glance over his shoulder, sweeping his gaze around the cantina and back onto Sigourney. No lazy eyes that lingered on their booth were noted in the crowd, nor was the music ideal for eavesdropping. Lysle sprung forward a few inches onto the precipice of his chair, resting his elbows near the middle of the table as he quietly murmured, "I've sent out the hits. It's just a matter of waiting now."

Lysle reluctantly turned his head to the small creature that entered through the translucent field. Standing at around a meter, he was tiny by galactic standards but such small sentients weren't unheard of. Give him a brown robe and a hoodie, and he could pass off as a Jawa. He smirked, motioning for Lenix to take a seat. "How has business been?" Lysle asked firstly, and with due manners. He rested back into his seat, throwing half an arm over the backrest of his chair, turning to face Lenix. "I got a job for you if you're interested."

@[member="Lenix Ornil"]

Cambry Owens

A Pseudo-Mandolorian. Sort of.
Location | Nar Shaddaa. What a surprise. He hadn't really expected to be back here so soon.
Objective | To associate with the hosts from whom he'd received a fairly intriguing contact. And not get shanked.
2ILeTF3.jpg
It's as if they dumped grease straight onto the streets.
This was his thought as he trudged down those same streets towards the brighten jewel on this string of a road; the blazing cantina that seemed to form it's center.
Coming around a corner opened him up to one of many Spaceports, but his target was set as was. The music was pounding audibly even from here, and slight annoyance made him groan into his helmet. His helmet, right. While on Corellia, forgoing the armor might be a boon, here on Nar Shaddaa anything that might ward away the street scum is going to be a pleasant article to have.
His T-Visor stared down the bouncer as he walked inside. He had killed a Sith hours earlier. It was satisfying to have the confidence to just walk right in.
Immediately after entering he almost wished he hadn't. Instead, he dulled the music through his combat-tuned earphones inside his helmet, lowering the sound of the more damaging and loud tunes, but keeping the voices and normal sounds relatively unhindered. A breath of relief escaped him as he scanned the room for what he supposed might be his contacts.
A Talz wandered a bit close, half-stumbling into him. Or he would have had the Pseudo-Mandalorian not stepped aside quickly, eyeing the furry drunk for a moment afterwards before resuming his search.
[member="Lysle of the Hydian Way"] // [member="Lenix Ornil"] // [member="Sigourney Xanthius"]

The Squib smirked and nodded "Business has been good! Smuggled a couple of A-Wings past an Imperial blockade for the Rebel Groups on Dantooine, paid very handsomely!" he chuckled. His astromech blooping and whirring in agreement.

His tall furred ears perked up at the offer of a job and he leaned in "Job? What kind of job are we talking now?" his grin had widened at the all too familiar phrase

Isaac walked down the street with his hands in his pocket and his head down. He had just arrived in the city and knew nobody. He didn't even have a place to put his head. He had credits in an account, but the money was tied up and was inaccessible, which meant Isaac had been stealing food and other basic necessities to get by. This had caught the ire of many shop tenders and caught the eye of the municipal police in this neighborhood.

Briefly looking up, Isaac saw two police walking towards him. Better not risk it, he thought, as he ducked into the nearest bar on the side of the sidewalk. He surveyed the interior... it looked like a typical bar to be found on this vulgar planet. He looked for a spot at the bar or a single-seat table, some place where he could have some thoughts to himself. He rummaged around in his pockets and came up with a few credits... did he really want to blow it on beer and cheap bar food? His stomach growled... he needed something to take the edge off his pangs, at least. As he went to shuffle past a few people near the entrance, he saw one had a pack of cigarettes peeking out of his pockets. He brushed by the patron and patted him on the shoulder. "Sorry," he mumbled, as his fingers quickly slid into the man's pocket and retrieved the carton. He palmed the cigs and plopped down on a stool at the bar. It was a simple parlor trick, really, but pick-pocketing skills could really come in handy when you were down and out. Of course Isaac despised a professional pick-pocket... these people were little more than beggars with a few tricks up their sleeves to him.

He raised a finger and summoned the bar tender. "Whiskey. And something to eat... whatever's cheapest." Whiskey, whose distilling and exportation was practically monopolized by Corellians, would gave him some memory of home-- although cheap drinks in some cantina on this planet would probably be counterfeit swill. Isaac popped out a cigarette and stuck it between his lips. He patted down his pockets-- damn... no lighter. He looked around. A sharp-dressed man and a red humanoid woman sat at a booth with a small cadre of cohorts. Isaac shrugged his shoulders and walked over. He waved to get their attention and pointed at the cigarette in his mouth while making a hand-motion with his thumb flicking an imaginary lighter, grinning sheepishly.

[member="Lysle of the Hydian Way"]
[member="Sigourney Xanthius"]

Sigourney watched the exchange between the tiny squib and the well-dressed man sat beside her. She ignored the conversation that flowed between her two counterparts. Talk of business deals merged into background noise as she focused on scouting the crowd for potential members. She spotted a stranger clad in Mandalorian armour stalking the bar. He seemed to be searching for something or someone. Sigourney stood, hoping to assist him in that regard. She crossed the length of the cantina and approached the Mandalorian, "Looking for someone?"

[member="Cambry Benjamyn"]

"We need someone to do a weapon run to Coruscant. Swoop gang is looking for disruptor rifles and thermals. The pay check is good, you'll get half the share; 195,000 credits. Think you can handle it?" Lysle diverted his gaze, expecting some form of danger when his peripherals picking up someone waving their hand about. It seemed to be an automatic reaction in places like this to expect danger. He squinted and frowned for a moment only to realise the man was looking for a lighter. Lysle dug his hands into his inner jacket pockets, retrieving an old flip. His hand skimmed the device and a flame burst to life. He held it over the cigarra for a moment, lighting it for him. "You have me worried for a second," Lysle said to the man, he turned and patted the seat. "Come, take a seat."

[member="Isaac Ideus"]
[member="Lenix Ornil"]

Lenix laughed and poked at the man's chest with his furred finger "Handle it? The Interceptor can outrun an Imperial class Star Destroyer, weapons run to Coruscant should be no problem~ my scanners reset constantly so I should be able to deliver the weapons straight to the source untracked." his lively astromech blooped and bleeped in agreement~ "How are we doing this? Me meet a courier? or straight to the gang? She can hide her signal but she's still a big ship and'll draw lots of attention out in the open"

Isaac stood in place, grinning sympathetically, waiting for the man to catch on. Finally, the guy pulled out a lighter and offered it to Isaac. Winking, Isaac leaned in and lit the cig up. As he turned away to head back to his stool, the man gestured at an open spot at the booth. Isaac raised an eyebrow and looked over his shoulders... perhaps it was a gesture to somebody behind him.

"Take a seat."

Eh? Is he talking to me? Isaac shrugged his shoulders and, with a bit of hesitation, sat down. He extended his hand to the mysterious man and offered up a handshake. "Nice suit... how do you do?"

Lysle drew his eyes back to the short Squib, "I trust your ship is speedy, but with your height, I arranged a courier. I think we both know how Swoop Gangs act, and they're not nice to anyone shorter than them. The big and tough look may be a good show to scare of others, but their brains are clearly lacking. I'll let you know before you take off for the run, I'll be joining you as I've got business there to attend too." Lysle swept his gaze back to Isaac, having spoken publicly about such affairs with the stranger beside him. "I do well," Lysle answered, giving him a quick look of appraisal as he ran his eyes up and down the opposing mans own clothes, "I don't think the same could be said for you."

[member="Isaac Ideus"]
[member="Lenix Ornil"]

The squib nodded~ though screwing his smile a little at the indication the Swoops would beat him up due to his height "True~ though brains or not they still respond the same way to a blaster" he clanged on the R5 unit's head and from his cylindrical body from one of the flaps came out a heavy-duty stun-gun attached to one of the droid's arms as a sign of 'they won't mess with me'. "But a courier works far better, less chance of being blown off in my experience. Give me the ETA of when you wanna head off and I'll have the ship ready to load the cargo"

Cambry Owens

Sigourney Xanthius said:
"Looking for someone?"
Cambry turned, almost startled by her words coming in with such clarity among the crowded and noisy club. Upon facing her, he studied her briefly, pale eyes flicking about behind his visor. After he was satisfied she didn't intend to mug him for his life savings, he nodded.
"A contact. Something involving a business opportunity. Nar Shaddaa style business, that is."
He gestured idly. They both knew what that meant.

[member="Sigourney Xanthius"]​

Isaac reached back across the aisle to grab his whiskey from the bar. He slid back into the booth and took a sip.

"I do well... I don't think the same could be said for you" replied the man across the table. What an ass, Isaac thought to himself. But the man was right, his plain white shirt and gray pants must've struck quite the contrast the sartorialist opposite Isaac.

"My nice clothes are back home..." Of course, home was a suitcase in a cheap storage locker. Isaac took a slow draw from his cig. "I'm just looking to get a job... new clothes aren't cheap" he said nonchalantly, exhaling smoke. "Say, you look important. Know somebody to talk to?"

Sigourney nodded. She turned, gesturing for him to follow her. Another new recruit, she thought. Sigourney slid back into the booth, recruit in tow and placed herself next to Lysle. She would do best to sit next to her business partner. Though, he did conduct most of the business. Sigourney was a lot more silent when it came to business, preferring instead to listen and then form an opinion. The Zeltron chose to sit quietly and listen to her counterparts haggle about business.

[member="Lysle of the hydian way"]

Kyber was still sore from his last bounty and was in the mood to find a bar and drink his pain away. He walked into a shady looking bar with a yawn before studying the bar itself. He didn't recognize anyone in the bar, except.....for one Mandalorian. He looked familiar, but then again, so do all Mandos when they're in their armor. He walked in further, his cloak wrapped around him more like a cocoon then an actual cloak. All that was visible of his persons was his old Mandalorian Helmet, which would be heard making a soft static noise if not for the blaring music coming from inside the bar itself.

Kyber walked over to the bar, but unfortunately it seemed all the seats had been taken by one drunkard or another. Kyber turned and looked along the booths, searching for an appropriate place to sit among the rabble.

// [member="Sigourney Xanthius"] // [member="Isaac Ideus"] // [member="Cambry Owens"] // [member="Lenix Ornil"] // [member="Lysle of the Hydian Way"] //

Lysle held up two fingers, "Two hours. Yeah I know it is short notice but not many smugglers in our sector right now. Most are off at Ryloth delivering some glitterstim. Not to mention, if I hadn't of found you I would just have flown my Tachyon, but the girl has a warrant on it." He was placing himself in two conversations, and for some it could be exhausting but for Lysle, his mind efficiently and cooly calculated and catalogued the information that was received through his ears and processed in his mind. He turned on Isaac, holding out a hand to shake, "You're talking to the right man." He offered his name, and more than that, "The names Mr. Rigger, but you can just call me Lysle." He tossed a thumb towards the squib, "My friend and I have a shipment to Coruscant, and I've got some talks to do. I'm looking for some extra muscle. I don't care if you don't have the experience, everyone starts out somewhere, aye." Lysle swept his gaze back to Sigourney as she slid into the seat beside him, slapping her gently on the shoulder, "Check him out," he nodded in the direction of the other Mandalorian. Lysle turned back to Isaac, offering an apologetic smile. "Lots going on, always is."

[member="Kyber Salurra"]
[member="Sigourney Xanthius"]
[member="Isaac Ideus"]
[member="Lenix Ornil"]
[member="Cambry Owens"]

The squib smiled and gave a mock salute "Of course, just tell me where to land her and we can start my friend!" He gave his associate's hand a firm shake~ a squib staple~ as giving their sensory fur a profile of the man~ and to detect any deciet... Though Lenix found none and was happy enough with his deal

Cambry Owens

Cambry watched the woman walk away, and then moved to follow, occasionally glancing about himself. He stepped up to the table, gave each of it's occupants a slight glance and a nod, and stood beside it, shifting his own weight slightly as he began to speak, somewhat muffled by the filters of the helmet.
"...You must be my illustrious contact." He tilted his head. "I'm Cambry, if it matters. Hear you've got work." Straight to the point, it seems. He fiddled lightly with his kama, the ritual of scanning his vicinity not ceasing, even for politeness.
[member="Lysle of the Hydian Way"] // [member="Lenix Ornil"] //[member="Sigourney Xanthius"] //[member="Kyber Salurra"] // [member="Isaac Ideus"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom