Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private These Are the Voyages: Orientation

Ignasius Van-Derveld

I'm the mother flippin'
The Mage
Boarding Ramp

4 am local time

Leaning casually against the bulkhead atop the ramp, Ignasius muttered something about them all being late. Of course, they weren't he was just impatient. The crew he had assembled were miscreants, the lot of them, but they were his sort of miscreants - greedy, cheap, desperate and eager to get out of the system. The Mage had been fueled and ready to go for some time, ever since Magena had left to run some 'errands'.

A shadow loomed in the doorway across the small bay within the Asteroid based station.

" 'Bout karkin' time," he blurted, barely aware of his words.

Pushing off the bulkhead, the scruffy nerfherder sauntered liesurely down the ramp, arms crossed and brown permanently furrowed into a valley.

Victoria Malvern

V
The Mage
Outside, near Ramp
Checking Supplies...again.
4 A.M Local

One could never be too careful when it came to supplies, especially in the charged climate of the Galaxy at large. Araceli rummaged through the crates, checking them off one by one and ensuring that everything on the manifest was present. She brought the tap-pen to her mouth, idly tapping away as she looked over the list - a sigh escaped her lips as she noticed they were a crate short of the requested Coruscanti Biscuits she loved so much. With a shrug, she continued on about her business, content with the meager task...for now. Araceli sat down on an empty container, thumbing through the manifest with swift and decisive strokes.

She felt a nudge at her back, causing her to raise up slightly - perking up at the touch. She turned to look at the flattened face of the loader droid, and exclaimed with excitement. "Oh me, I am sorry!" She chuckled softly as she gathered her items, and documents before "booping" the front of the loader droid.

"There ya go! Sorry, friendo!" She squeed as the droid picked up the cargo and moved on. Without another word, she sauntered off and up the ramp before giving a two-finger mock salute to Ignasius Van-Derveld Ignasius Van-Derveld .
"Cap'n!"

Ignasius Van-Derveld

I'm the mother flippin'
With a singular brow raised, a the corner of his mouth daring to curl into a smile, Ignasius nodded at Araceli as she made her way past him and into the ship.

"Hey there Doc," he said with a smirk and a not so subtle once over, "that new equipment you requested is in the med-bay. It's also the reason we gotta leave so early...and so quickly. So make yourself at home. We are leaving with or without the rest of the crew in the next twenty or thirty minutes."

With a wave of the hand, Iggy turned a little to the side and ushered Araceli onto the ship. "Welcome to The Mage."

Araceli Thoris

Victoria Malvern

V
Araceli noticed the once over, and said nothing. She smiled brightly and squealed at the mention of the new equipment - especially considering the last setup she had been apart of, everything was a hot mess. Araceli recalled a time where her hair was set on fire by sparking equipment - needless to say, she jumped ship on that crew. She was a young, naïve girl from Elrood who didn't want to end up like everyone else - working on ships or in factories, so she opted to become a Medic. Araceli studied hard and pushed her limits to get her certifications and degree from the University of Coruscant - Radell Central, she even took extra classes at night while working in a logistics yard during the day.

It was suffice to say, she took it seriously.

Being a medic was an opportunity to showcase her compassion and positivity - as well as her smarts. She knew she would be pushed mentally, but it was worth it if someone was taken care of. Despite the bubbly disposition, Araceli maintained her professionalism - it was all she had afterall, until she met Ignasius Van-Derveld Ignasius Van-Derveld in the Cantina.

With another sqee and a nod, Araceli took off into The Mage, heading towards the aft section of the ship - where the Medbay was.

Magena Dray

M
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Days at the mirror, patching up around the seams.
Can't wake up from this dream, so I run on gasoline.

“But when will you be coming back?” Theraton looked desperate now, his eyes wide and pleading as she finished buttoning her blouse. “Please,” he continued, grabbing for Magena’s hand and pulling the Zeltron back into his arms. “You should just stay with me… it might be the last time I ask, you know.” Magena’s rouge lips pulled up at the corners to keep the charade going, gazing at him through thick, mascara coated lashes, a wanton smile made to match his desire and hide the vague irritation beginning to bubble up inside her.

“You know I can’t.” she retorted, fingers gliding with a feather-like caress from his cheek to his chest, where she pressed her palms against him lightly to put some distance between them.

“Come on, I’m good for you babe, I’ll take care of you.” Theraton’s arms tightened, the embrace becoming less affectionate and more vicelike, his fingers digging painfully into her arms as he got the sense of her rejection coming. “You don’t belong with those sewer rats.” he seethed.

She sighed.

Why did they always get like this in the end?

An indicative beep from the device on her utility belt started going off, confirming that the credit transfer had successfully gone through. Finally.

While this wasn’t necessarily the worst situation she’d ever found herself in, Magena still knew when it was time to cut ties indefinitely. Sure. The credits had been good for a while, and he was certainly easy on the eyes, but he was not irreplaceable.

“Let me make one thing perfectly clear, babe,” For whatever reason, it had always been that certain types of men thought they could throw around their weight to try and force their desires on her, mistaking her for someone that could be beaten into submission. “I don’t belong to anyone,” She gave his cheek a light tap, a sweet intoxicating aroma enveloping them both in his cozy, old-world styled dwelling. Her own biology was a pool of limitless potential when she chose to dip into it.

The bit of pheromones she released were not enough to send him head over heels, but certainly enough to make him pliable, more open to suggestion, and pleasantly relaxed. “And because you’re such a gentleman,” she prompted, his dusky countenance softening and his knees buckling in cadence with her voice. “You’re going to let me go,” the bruising grip finally loosened and Magena helped him to the dark leather couch. “And let me leave this room.”

A wicked grin curled up on one side of her face and she planted a final kiss against his brow.

“Goodbye Theraton, you were fun while it lasted.”

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"I'm back," Magena announced her arrival, lavender curls bouncing with each sway of her curved hips, boots clicking up the boarding ramp and pausing at the entrance of the ship. Her eyes swept through the almost empty interior, catching a glimpse of Ignasius hovering uncomfortably close to the newest member of their crew, the later of which, excitably running off with a squeal. Magena's attention flicked back over to their captain whom she approached slowly, folding her arms. "You sure she's going to be cut out for this? She doesn't seem the type."

It was clear from the moment she met Araceli that the girl was not used to the kind of atmosphere they often found themselves in. Optimism was rare, trust even more so, and Magena rightly worried over their newest hire. She was an unknown quantity, whose worth could really only be determined once the proverbial chit hit the fan.

"Also, I specifically remember when I left this morning that we had a crew... and that applicants for new members were coming to apply today. Don't tell me they were put off by your natural charm?"

Producing a creditchit that had been tucked securely into her brassier, Magena pressed it into Ignasius palm. "Should help pay for some of the repairs and spare parts we need for The Mage. I guess I'm going to go get us ready for take off while we wait for th-"

Magena fell silent, and listened for the sound, hearing again the distinct pinging of blaster bolts ringing off the hull of the ship. The Mage could take a few mere blaster shots without a problem, but there was still a need to know who was firing at them! Sprinting to the viewport, Magena drew back startled and cursed under her breath. Theraton.

And it looked like he brought a few friends with him. Fantastic.

"We might have a slight problem."

Last edited by a moderator:

Ignasius Van-Derveld

I'm the mother flippin'
"The kid will be fine. If anything she adds to the eye candy on the ship," said Ignasius with a subtle nod of his head towards the boarding ramp. It was a vague attempt at having some form of authority in the situation. He knew how this worked though. Magena did what she wanted and he took what he could get out of her. At the moment, he served her purposes, and she provided options that he could not bring to the table - connections that he could not bring in. She certainly had...a way about her.

A subtle shrug and closing of the eyes was all he offered regarding the supposed interviews. He preferred to get people through intuition and not a stale boardroom style interview process. She would not civilize him, nor make him bend to her 'organizational' ways. Gut. Instinct. He lived on it and that was that. Magena knew this, surely, and should not really be surprised.

The credit was barely in his pocket, when he was caught bid come back when the blaster shots rang out, "I have only one guess where this...argh, by the red seas of Knores...go figure." He was already up the boarding ramp in a casual but surprisingly quick stroll. It took only seconds to acquire his flechette launcher, and he was marching back down the ramp.

The blaster bolts continued to hit the ship, and Iggy's blood was starting to boil. If this jacksith sullied the new decal he would be wolf chow. Brazenly he marched towards the direction of the shots, and as Iggy passed the hover crates, he swapped the control pad and maneauvered them in front of himself for mobile cover.

BANG-SHHHK

The flachette launcher shot into the air.

The blaster shots fired once, twice more...but with a great gap between them.

BANG-SHHHK

The blaster shots stopped as Iggy proceeded forward behind the cover of the moving crate. "I don't want anyone to get hurt, alright?"

"I will only talk to Magena. Get her out here!"

Argh, friznak. Iggy was not impressed.

"Look...I'm comin' out from behind this crate...and my hands are up...don't shoot alright..."

There was a pregnant pause.

"Al...alright...but no funny business...and get Magena down here too."

Stepping out from behind the cover, Iggy held the flechetter launcher above his head in two hands, fingers noticeably away from the trigger. "Look mate. I've known Magena Dray for a long...long time...longer than I care to remember, in fact..."

"I don't care. She mine. You hear me? Get her for me..."

"...as I was sayin'...I have known Magena for a long time. Let me teach you something about her. If she knows that you will fight to keep her...you have already lost her. She has to know that you are OK with her walking away, any time...and for as long as she wants...that's how she rolls."

The clearly paused man looked slightly less frazzled.

"If you are always OK to see her walk away...she will always come back...eventually."

"I don't want eventually, I want now...you hear me..."

"It's...how...she...rolls...mate. And at the moment she is rolling away forever, but the dream lives on mate...if you walk away now...off you go," Iggy started to turn away, walking away from the clearly obsessed man, he kept waiting for a shot to hit him between his shoulder blades, but it never came. Once safely behind the floating cover, Iggy relaxed and gestured towards the boarding ramp where he could see Magena peering out.

"Gods, I hate that woman."

Araceli Thoris
Magena Dray

Arekk

The Flesh Of Fallen Angels

<+>----------+**+----------<+>

When the recruitment call came knocking on his data terminal on behalf of Magena Dray, Arekk was determined to find out if the 'juicy employment opportunity' was worth the trip from the other half of the galaxy.

The idea of joining a crew of no good scumbags on their missions wasn't exactly the type of thing that the fallen Jedi turned slicer had in mind but in the absence of any exciting gigs he couldn't help but at least checking things out. Meet at the determined location, find the vessel mentioned on this encrypted holomessage and show up on time.

"What's the worst that can happen?"

If he only knew.

The slicer's durasteel black boots stomped on the metallic floor of the spaceport as he made his way to the docking area where The Mage would be awaiting its potential crew members, his strut was confident and straightforward.

Underneath his leather jacket a K-16 Bryar Pistol stirred nervously and it wouldn't be long before the man was compelled to use it; a seemingly crazy individual had begun to fire against the ship and its passengers while uttering a deranged spew of words.

Attachment issues, figures.

"How about we all calm down, huh?" Arekk said while emerging from the shadows with his K-16 at full sight of everyone, putting a few blaster shots into Theraton's bodyguards. "Next one is going in you if you don't."

Kenara Dray

K

xxX9aFz.png

Find a light to guide me home
I've got a long way to go, I won't give up
I'm a warrior deep inside my soul

It was an absolutely ungodly hour to be awake.

Why Ignasius Van-Derveld Ignasius Van-Derveld had chosen this time to assemble and leave was beyond her, but it was his call as the boss. She sighed, pulling her hood up over her head as she walked, a duffel bag in each hand. It was...sad, to some degree, that everything she cared about and needed fit into these two bags. But there was something to be said for being so easily able to pick up and go whenever the mood struck.

Which it did, rather often, as she sought to find a place that called to her enough to set down roots.

But nothing had since she'd left Hoth as a teenager, and with the galaxy in as much turmoil as ever, perhaps it was the guidance of the Force that she hadn't.

Clad in simple black clothing fitted to her slender frame, she strode through the spaceport. She paused as she neared the right landing bay, the tell-tale sounds of blaster fire reaching her ears. Dashing forward past the other hallways and landing bays, Kenara swore violently in Huttese at the scene unfolding before her. It was no less than she expected given that her mother's pheromones were radiating from the hunk of flesh that had made assumptions and gone blaster-happy.

Idiot.

Dropping her bags, she reached out through the Force and tore the blaster from his grip, bending the barrel to render it further useless. She strode forward, stepping over the bodies of his guards...friends...playmates...whatever, pausing briefly to give Arekk Arekk a once-over before continuing until she reached the crate in front of Theraton. She perched atop it, taking a brief moment to settle herself there, legs crossed, and her hood falling back to reveal her features and loose, waist-length waves.

"Now then. My mother is a great many things, but she is her own woman, and when she says no, she means no. I highly suggest you turn your little self around and trot right back to where you came from." Kena purred softly, not bothering to use her own diluted pheromones, but instead, stroking the lightsaber hilt strapped to her thigh and casting a brief glance over her shoulder to Magena Dray.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ignasius Van-Derveld

I'm the mother flippin'
"WHAT THE HELL!"

Ignasius' outburst was unusual for him, as he was so quietly spoken and timid usually...yeah. He had it all under control. Who were these Alterian poultry dags? It seemed like Magena's portion of the crew were arriving and they listened just as well as she did.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw Theraton booking it towards the door, squealing about someone not killing him.

"A Jedi," he said glancing at the lightsaber hilt and then back to the trigger happy Arekk Arekk , "a happy gunslinger...fun times for all."

With a huff of a breath, Iggy released his pent up care for how the situation had played out.

"Welcome to The Mage," he mumbled as he turned back towards the boarding ramp. The droid was beeping and carrying on about how he had been moved the crate and not brought it back. Ignasius paid it no heed and walked past while dropping the data pad into its frustrated hands.

alFZAf.jpg

Equipment: Merr-Sonn Precision Sniper Rifle Series 1, heavy blaster pistol, backpack with assorted items, mix of civilian and tactical clothing

Distance... two hundred meters. A couple targets. Male, looked like a human. He moved better as he stalked back and forth through the ship. Female, human, or near enough. Blonde, young. The first guy drew close as they talked. Then she disappeared inside in a run. Hmmm.

Another figure approached. Warmer, but within norms. Pink skinned. Zeltron, he guessed. Similar to Dash next to him. The way she walked looked like Magena Dray. He'd remember that walk anywhere. Like she owned every single thing she looked at or touched. And she probably could have, if she wanted, and never paid a single credit out of her own pocket.

Another figure, male. Shouting. He could hear it in the distance over the traffic and noise pollution of the city. Blaster fire. Great. The first guy took cover and was moving to talk to the crowd of armed and riled up men. Zooming in, he recognized the features of Van-Derveld. The Mage was his, based on what he could slice out of the registry. So definitely the boss.

Swinging his heavy rifle just a bit, he sighted in on the leader of the rag-tag would be battle buddies of the first guy shooting. One shot through the back of the head or chest at this range would do the job. He'd be dead before anyone registered the light from the bolt. But that wasn't needed. A flick of a thumb set his Merr-Sonn precision rifle to stun. More blaster shots as a fourth person opened up on the raggedy mess. One hefted a slugthrower scattergun. He squeezed off a shot, sending a blue-white bolt, needle-thin, into his back. He staggered, dropping his weapon with nerveless fingers, and did not move again. The rest were down and either dead or writhing in pain as another figure gestured about.

Did she throw something? The troublemaker's weapon was out of his hand. Then she spoke to him, while Van-Derveld was yelling, then talking to the first shooter. It looked personal even from this distance, but not at Van-Derveld. The new girl looked like she might be Zeltron. Lightsaber on her leg. Jedi? She reminded him of someone... Reminded him of Mags. A kid, a sister?

"Great," he groused as things seemed to resolve. Putting his rifle back in the protective case, he activated his subvocal mic. "Clear. Let's meet at the ramp. They look a little ratty but should do for now. They can handle themselves, so we don't have to babysit so much." He slung the case over his shoulder. Then lept, sliding down an angle of the building he had perched on. The slide dropped some thirty or forty meters until he fell into the open air, only to land on his feet. Rolling with the impact, he came up with a walk that turned into a limp. "Ow... ow.. ow.." he muttered with every other step. It seemed he'd done something to his ankle in the tumble. Probably sprained, but it didn't feel like a third degree. Maaaaybe second degree.

A couple minutes later, he came through the main entryway to the bay. He wore black military style boots. Additionally, he had charcoal gray pants with several pockets. An olive-drab t-shirt tucked in, nerfhide jacket, heavy blaster strapped to his side, backpack on his back, large rifle case in hand, hobbling toward the ship. How many other weapons or items he had concealed on his person remained impossible to tell.

"Well, that was a show," Liam spoke up, aware of the wary glances. He waved to Dashara Horizon Dashara Horizon who was bringing up the rear behind him. "Hey doll, was he still screaming about 'don't kill me, don't kill me' when he passed you?"
greenbar.png

54449.gif

Equipment: Mainly Civilian clothing, pistol blaster, hidden vibroblade, and bag with a few extra things (care kit for weapons, extra clothes, etc).
Companion: N/A

Dashara sauntered in next to Liam. She also sported a pack on her back, and mobile friendly outfit, but it streamlined her shape far more. Her dark pants followed the curves of her hips before they bunched up near the tops of ankle high boots. On her torso was an open back blouse with cropped shoulders, a small ring attached all the straps at her throat. It all fell into one color spectrum: black. Despite the training she got from Liam, her best weapon was her appearance.

She could kill with a look in the right situation.

"Yes, just like a frightened scurrier runs from a bunch of hungry tooka. I don't think he even noticed me walk by him." Dashara confirmed while she wore a disarming smile.

Her green eyes passed over the figures present, her mind noted the whole interaction. She kept her pheromones to herself because she wanted an unbiased first impression. Nothing fed distrust and paranoia like manipulating others. Dashara relaxed and hooked her forefingers on her belt. Her left hand lingered about her blaster pistol strapped on her hip in case more trouble showed up.

The earlier scene created worry in the back of her mind, but at least Liam found out something about the group. Only time would tell if this job was a good idea or not. She glanced over her shoulder for a moment. As if she expected trouble to rush in immediately, she let a few seconds pass by. She broke the silence, her eyes returned to the group with a thoughtful look.

"Umm, I don't mean to put a dampener on the fun, but... do we want to stay and find out how many friends that Slay-mo has? Things weren't exactly discreet. I didn't see anyone rushing to get here, but they might just be slow or selective to respond." She let the thought hang in the air.

In a place Dashara knew, she wouldn't have aired the question. She would've known the answer and calculated it in her head. It wasn't the case here. Impulsively, her foot tapped softly to count the seconds since. The best thing to do when one didn't have a chrono on their wrist.

aCFVOq.png

Jamming

Epic entrance. Cliche. The verbal back and forth, boring. Greyanna's experience had taught her that for all the bad assery in the galaxy....they took their sweet time putting bone to flesh. All a cowards stall tactic because no one was really about that life. Your admiral such and such? Punch him in the mouth. Admiral Bleeding Face of yada yada ship The Sniffles. All knowing all powerful omnipotent Dark Lord? Kick in the pants works the same as it did on that skeevy street vendor back on...

Shrug

Epic entrances were cool, but she was late to the party. Sure there would be plenty time for superhero poses and witty one liners later, Arekk Arekk for as long as she knew him was always in the middle of a standoff somewhere, the Ash Angel of Telerath...

Trademarked.

...Greyanna arrived in less than spectacular fashion. Ears muffled with a pair of headphones, she was deaf to the world. Jammin, head bopping more than enthusiastically. She couldn't hear them, but the tension was thicker than applicable fuzzy animal. Still bopping, because how could you not, eyes scanned the crowd. Weighing, measuring, searching for the toughest, deciding who was getting a food dish to the throat at the first pop off.

Lots of pretty. Lots of pretty. Weak chins she bet.

Weaving through and moving on, our little stout ash blonde found her man. Of course, there was just intense something. Still focused more on her music than her new friends, head and shoulders rose and fail with the rhythm. In a pair of cutoffs an end of massive tattoo on an upper thigh peaked through. A lot of them did actually, nothing significant. Just know they are there for reasons. Her torso had reasonably been covered with a jacket, because it makes sense.

Beside Arekk now, she gave him a thumbs up before doing that arm roll dance thingy. A quick glance to Ignasius with some pew pew fingers and a wink was her introduction. Nothing else. She stood there. Bopping.

Arekk

The Flesh Of Fallen Angels

<+>----------+**+----------<+>

Dumbfounded as Greyanna made her peculiar appearance but not quite stunned, Arekk simply flicked his chin as a way to return the gesture. It had been a long, long time since the both of them crossed paths.

The rainy Ethos City slums and the underground fight club meeting seemed like it occured eons ago.

Long overdue reunion, perhaps?

"You gotta be kidding me." He said while puzzled as the slicer holstered his blaster. "Where did you hail from, Grey?"

Maybe and just maybe this new journey wouldn't be so bad. A familiar face among the rank of ragtag fighters that sorrounded them could be the jumpstart he needed. It would make things a lot less awkward, at least initially, as both would want to find their footing with the crew.

"Quite the welcoming party!" The fallen Jedi turned slicer shouted at Ignasius. "Could've been worse."

Arekk bent a knee to reach for his belongings; a raggedy travel duffel bag with his clothes, some slicing gadgets and buried deep into the depths of it was his lightsaber. Getting off the rock they found themselves into sounded like a much better idea as the minutes progressed.

"Much like the other people around here I do not plan to find out if sleemo's gonna come back with more of his goons."

Victoria Malvern

V

Tag:
Arekk Arekk | Magena Dray | Ignasius Van-Derveld Ignasius Van-Derveld | Greyanna Elvanshalee Greyanna Elvanshalee | Liam Wickens Liam Wickens | Dashara Horizon Dashara Horizon

And by the time that poor Araceli made it from the back of the ship - the commotion was over. The young blonde peaked down the ramp, clinging to the side of the hull as she yelled down the ramp towards Ignasius Van-Derveld Ignasius Van-Derveld and Magena Dray. She was completely oblivious to what had transpired before she came out. “Can we stop somewhere on the way?” She moved out from behind the hull and sauntered on down the ramp to the two of them.

“These Ugnaughts forgot the Space Waffles and Friztle Fries - so, whoever asked for the fries is not going to be happy.” She shook her head softly as she continued to gaze at the manifest. “I mean, I can get my waffles from any of these places and oh, believe me….” She snapped closed the holopad and reached out to hand it off to Ignasius.

“If I don’t get my waffles, I might forget to give you a stimshot.” She giggled gleefully, turning away and heading up into the ship behind the other newcomers.

54449.gif

Equipment: Mainly Civilian clothing, pistol blaster, hidden vibroblade, and bag with a few extra things (care kit for weapons, extra clothes, etc).
Companion: N/A

Dashara’s attention tracked the tattooed woman from her peripheral vision. An ashy blond, athletic, and lost in the music of her headphone revealed her eccentric nature. Her blaster finger gesture helped to confirm that. She stood beside a dark-haired man who taped a thumb across his chin. The familiarity oozed when the man began to talk with the woman, the name Grey noted in her mind. After that, Dashara tuned out to avoid eavesdropping on their reunion.

When the man shouted at the Captain, she let her smirk widen a bit more. She silently agreed with the welcome party part. It appeared to be nothing any of them expected, but things thankfully remained mild. The last thing they needed was someone getting blasted before the job had started.

She still continued to count her foot taps. With each second that passed, her nerves started to build and her hand drifted down to her holstered blaster pistol. It was unclamped for easy withdraw.

Before any of them could board, a feminine voice escaped the inside of the ship. A blond-haired woman slowly walked down the ramp and approached the Captain and Liam’s contact. After a brief complaint about the lack of Space waffles and Fritzle fries, she joked about forgetting to give a stim shot then giggled. Her figure once more disappeared into the ship.

Dashara gave Liam a raised eyebrow and an amused look. She obviously wondered what he had gotten her into, but trusted it would nothing dangerous. It was at least interesting. Upon hearing the Captain’s shout to board or be left behind, she shook her head.

“At least the trip won’t be dull.” A smile continued to grace her lips as she shifted the pack’s strap. She sashayed all the way up the ramp into the ship.

aCFVOq.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom