Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There and Back Again, A Smuggler's Story

[member="Noxu Za'tire"]

Danger stood in the center of the room, left arm under her breasts while her right held the half smoked cigarillo between two long slender fingers. To say she was startled was putting it mildly, as she gave a swift turn of her body to face the entrance as soon as the sound of the slight activation mechanism cut through the din.

Just off in the distance, the low steady drum beat of the grungy club song tattooed across the floor. Almond shaped eyes widened in surprise as they settled upon Nox's shadowed visage, a bit taken aback that he was even there.

Perfectly kohl lined eyes blinked at him once, twice, then she finally gathered her bearing, relaxing her expression to nonchalantly take a drag of her cigarrillo, staring at him in silence.

Noxu gazed at [member="Danger Arceneau"], a wry look forming across his face the longer he focused. That same look slowly turned more into an amused smirk as time passed. "What? You give me a key-card to a private room and don't expect me to show up?" he asked rhetorically. Of course he'd join her. He always did.

As he stepped into the room, he leaned up against the archway by the door and lifted his right leg up to prop the sole of his foot against the wall.

"Here I thought you gave me this key-card so I'd come on by and chat with you some more. Y'know, since you seem to enjoy my company so much," came the obvious sarcastic tease.

Once again, he lifted that cigarra up and placed it between his lips but did nothing with it. "I got what I wanted, sure. But maybe, just maybe..." he toyed with his clearly sardonic words, "I wanted to actually, y'know, have a conversation with you. I mean, for once, it'd be nice if there was one that wouldn't be marred by insults, threats and the always typical asshattery."

[member="Noxu Za'tire"]

Danger rolled her eyes, turning her back to him as another stream of white smoke flew from her lips.

"Get over yourself Za'tire." she snapped out as she walked towards the private bar. It was fully stocked with what Danger's desires in mind, and right now, while the brandy was her usual pick of poison, a whiskey straight up sounded a hell of a lot better.

"Don't look into it."

[member="Danger Arceneau"]

With a slight shrug of his shoulders, he spoke with his usual casual demeanor, "Well, I'm here. And unless you're not willin' to entertain a guest in your private little room, well, I guess I should just leave." A sly smirk spread across his lips, baiting her. It was obvious there was little chance he was intending on leaving.

His gaze traveled over her once more, but instead of the usual look of lust he'd normally have, it was a studied gaze. "Y'know, I never did expect to see you in a dress like that. Let me guess: it's for your business talks? Have to get all the advantage you can, huh?" he asked more rhetorically than not. He knew the answer.

Even as he maintained his composure against the wall and attempted to act as casual as he could possibly muster, he knew that he was just there to talk. Why? He didn't know why. He never knew why he did the things that he did. They just sort of happened. Even when all she'd do was insult him, hate him, and never want to be around him, he couldn't find himself wanting to be anywhere by in the same room as her.

Deep down, a part of him knew that he just wanted everything to be just like old.

[member="Noxu Za'tire"]

The sound of fine Corellian Whyren's Reserve pouring into a glass followed a small scoff.

"Mmm...We both know that you certainly enjoy pokin' into places you shoudn't Za'tire. So, please... don't hold yourself back and stay when you've a damsel to save."

She kept her back to him, raising her glass up to take a good swig of the whiskey. The liquor burned a fiery path down her throat into her gullet, the heat clearing her mind a bit for what was to come.

"As for my what my wardrobe is used for.... it ain't of no concern of yours."

With a small shake of his head, he couldn't even try to hide his smirk. "Listen sweetheart, I have all the time in the galaxy; and right now, well, I want to spend it right here. Maybe I'm a complete fool, but..." he paused for a few moments. The look of confusion and internal debate was clear across his face. "I just don't know what the hell I was thinkin', to be honest... I should.. I should probably go," came the stammer at the same moment that he turned about to head toward the door.

"You're wrong. I can't save anyone. Hell, never have been and never been able to. All I ever have done is fuck shit up." He reached toward the door to open it. Turning back, he looked at [member="Danger Arceneau"] in those emerald eyes. "I'm only goin' to make it worse, but shit, at least I'm tryin', y'know? That has to count for somethin', right?"

"At least I'm tryin'," he repeated in an attempt to reassure himself, just as he began to head out the door.

It was then that Danger slowly spun on her heel, turning to face his retreating back.

"All the time in the galaxy and you want to spend it here?" she asked in disbelief, half chuckling into her glass as she took another heavy swig. The nerve.

"A complete and utter fool...hit it right there on the nail, Za'tire." she gave another half chuckle that fell flat. At one point, that would have sent excitement rushing through her veins, the knowledge that he wanted to spend time with her... to be with her.

Now all that fell flat, and she refused to allow herself to feel once again what he had so carelessly tossed aside for a purseful of credits.

"I'm not sure what is more amusing... your sudden epiphany or the quickness at which you leave!"

She leaned against the bar, bringing the glass again to her lips, the booze giving her a boldness only enhanced by the damnable way Nox was able to irk her so.

"I guess this means I won my little wager...didn't even take a hot minute 'fore you tuck tail and got ready to walk out that door." She did it not only to irk him.... but to gather her bearings. She had to focus, and his sudden arrival still had her at a bit of a shock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom