Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There and Back Again, A Smuggler's Story

Who's to know if your soul will fade at all
The one you sold to fool the world
You lost your self-esteem along the way

It always came back to this. There was no avoiding it, apparently.

Life always came back to this one constant. The place where the poodoo almost literally hit the fan.

After everything was over, all Noxu was left with were his thoughts. Those thoughts always betrayed him and made him think.

Good god you're coming up with reasons
Good god you're dragging it out
Good god it's the changing of the seasons

So follow me down
And just fake it if you're out of direction
Fake it if you don't belong here, fake it if you feel like affection
Woah you're such a karking hypocrite

Where did she go wrong? Could I have fixed it?

Is there enough whiskey to kill the memories, yet?

So many years passed since he'd thrown the dirt on the grave of the past, but like any good horror story it always crept back up from the ground to gnaw at his life.

It was never a simple matter of moving on. For someone who always resisted bringing up the past, the past always came back to his face.

Still, he couldn't stop thinking about just where he she went wrong.
B8Z8K1r.png
Three long forgotten three years ago...

The door of Noxu's cargo bay opened slowly and the ramp descended to the ground. Out came the handsome, dashing, and heroic smuggler from the innards of the Ratchet. This time, he'd actually felt like a legitimate hero. In his hand was a datapad that would lead him to a contact which would help him find a missing friend -- Alexxis.

It wasn't often that the smuggler had no idea who he was dealing with, but this was one of those rare times. Whoever it was that he was intending to meet managed to hide anything about themselves to the point that he was going in blind. Not exactly a good sign, he reminded himself. Always good to be cautious.

After the long night of drinking with his best friend who he'd trusted with his life -- not something he ever easily did -- he wasn't feeling his absolute best. Fortunately for him, he'd met a Jedi that he'd grown somewhat acquainted with over the times and she helped him back to his ship before he'd passed out in the bar and ended up robbed ... again. I still have no idea how in the hell I got back to my ship, though, came the random thoughts that always crossed his mind whenever he woke up mysteriously in his ship.

Time to get goin', no point in wastin' time. With those last thoughts, he headed off toward the meeting location of the mysterious information broker. Time was limited and he was already closing in on being late, which was something he detested but ended up doing a lot. Bad for business.

Once he'd stepped foot in the Red Light District, he made his way to Club Ufora. Cautiously, and with one hand on his right blaster, he walked into the club to seek out the mysterious dealer. The club, as always, was run amok with thugs, gangs, and prostitutes -- it was the Red Light District, after all. Noxu doubted it would ever change.

qAXBmJk.jpg
N A R S H A D D A A
Club Ufora
Third Story VIP Room

From the second story, jade green eyes narrowed down at the familiar figure of the man who stepped into the club.

Well well well, look what sort of refuse the Nexu dragged in.

Danger rotated her wrist, the ice clinking against the sides of her glass, the brandy swirling lazily in a small whirlwind. From her small sectioned off corner, she followed through the smoky haze of the club every step that the damnable Noxu Za'tire took.

What did he want? She asked herself, curious. Word went through her network and now....he was here.

Why?

The glass rose to her lips, the taste of brandy swirling in her mouth.

"Just what do you want Za'tire..." she uttered under her breath.

She would find out soon enough, she always did. After all, there wasn't anything he could do without her knowing.

So she did what she did best. And simply waited.

There it was: the bar counter that was looking mighty inviting already. Without needing any form of coercion, Noxu sauntered up and took a seat on the nearest barstool he could find. "Starshine Surprise," he ordered. Getting over a hangover -- a terrible one at that -- was a simple cure: more alcohol! At least, in his mind. Not only that but it was weaker than the Cassandra Sunrises he had gotten used to thanks to Ryori.

No way the drink would knock him on his ass right away.

With a quick glance around the club, he took note of all the players in the stage. There were the usual thugs that generally stayed around each other, none of them are the contact for sure. Then, he noticed the whores and desperate men that tried to woo them for cheap, none of them. Hell, ain't a single one of them gettin' laid with that kind of offer. The whores, though? They're way too damn expensive for my taste. Lastly, he took note of the gangs. They were the most likely culprits but they had no business with any dealings with the situation that Alexxis was going through. He counted them out almost immediately.

Taking a cigarra from his coat pocket, he placed it between his lips and reached for his lighter. Before the flame was lit, he paused and placed it back into the pocket. Can't drink and smoke at the same time and that drink looks damn delicious, he mused as he watched the drink get mixed before him. Normally, he wouldn't care for the rules of the club, and quite frankly, he still didn't. The only thing he was at the club for was information.

Leaning more against the counter, he kept his back placed firmly against it for support. The contact's goin' to meet you here. Where the hell is he? I can't believe I'm early for once. An amused smirk came across his lips as he chalked that up to a victory on his part. If anything, he could use that to barter for a cheaper price on the information.

Once his drink arrived, he wasted no time in bringing it to his lips for a long swig. Tonight's goin' to be a long ass night...

N A R S H A D D A A
Club Ufora
First Floor, Open Bar

Heels quietly went clipping across the carpeted floor of the club, black swirls of fabric quietly swishing in their wake. Ice clinked as Dangeruese made her way to the bar, one man her constant target.

She was decked out to the nines tonight, the black silk of her dress hugging voluptuous curves in stunning form. It was not her usual attire, but when dealing with her various network of contacts, a little bit of formality never hurt. She wouldn't be the only one dressed to impress, so she wouldn't necessarily stand out. However, as the crimson hair swished softly across her back, it was hard pressed for anyone to not to give her a second glance.

She came to a stop just two seats shy from where Nox stood, and with a carefree drawl, motioned for the attention of the bartender, who really didn't need prompting. Bright red lips artfully colored with cosmetics curved into a knowing smile, as she throatily purred out, "Another brandy, would you please?"

He likely wouldn't recognize her at first glance, after all, the Danger he knew didn't get fluffed up like this. Cleaned up and lightly smelling of spice and cloves, she was a sight to behold.

Would it unnerve him? Likely not. However, if it did, it would make it all the more sweeter just to see the expression on his face.

"Another brandy, would you please?"

A woman? Hm. Don't sound like a whore. He smirked slightly but kept his attention on the drink before him, not glancing over toward the woman right away. You can get some good points with her, you know the trick, he chuckled internally for a quick moment.

Looking up to the bartender he just nodded and spoke: "put her drink on my tab." Smooth.

Finally, after a long moment of resisting to look over and stare at the woman, he finally caved and took a long glance at the woman's form. From toe to... well, chest, he looked with admiration. Gods damn. Not wanting to come off as a pervert, he looked back at his drink that was held firmly in his grip. "You know, sweetheart," he began to say with the most charming of tones he could possibly muster, "wearin' a dress in a place like this sure gives someone the wrong impression." Immediately after, he sipped from the drink before him.

"Hell, not that I'm complainin'. Can't ever complain when a woman's lookin' so damn fine." That same 'charming' smirk remained upon his face as he took another sip. Still, without moving too much, he adjusted his back against the counter to get a bit more comfortable. As much as the woman was fine to look at, he didn't pay her too much attention as he actually -- for once -- had more important things on his mind than getting into a scantily clad woman's dress.

The night's still young and it sure as hell is lookin' a lot better.

[background=#232323]N A R S H A D D A A[/background]
[background=#232323]Club Ufora[/background]
[background=#232323]First Floor, Open Bar[/background]
[background=#232323] [/background]

Danger 's eyes gave Nox an irritated sideways glance. However, she didn't rise for the occasion for the usual brash verbal attack. No, instead she pasted a cordial smile on her face as she turned her torso slightly towards Nox, the thick rope of her crimson hair shifting over one creamy bare shoulder.

"Mmm...I pay for my own drinks," she stated with a wide smile at the bartender, "And my state of dress is none of your affair Za'tire."

It was all said in the most sugary of tones, almost would get a cavity with the amount of cordial sweetness in them. It was a snub at him, however, that was clear.

"Ahh that line..." she pointed out the compliment he gave her, knowing full well that it was one he'd given to others. Didn't mean a thing. "Hmm... should try a new one. Reckon not every girl will fall for it so easily."

His brow furrowed at the mention of the name "Za'tire". Looking over at the woman again he tried to figure out who it was ... and not just by looking at her chest. This time, he looked at her face. Once the realization came over him he let out a disgruntled sigh and shook his head.

His focus mostly remained on that chest, however.

"Hell, are you stalkin' me or some crap?" came the honest, blunt question. Taking one more once-over he, unsurprisingly, enjoyed the view that Danger put before him with the low-cut top. "Still, I don't mind buyin' you a drink, sweetheart. You ain't my priority. Just tryin' to be a little nice, you know?" Even while he spoke and addressed the woman directly, his focus was static and fixated on one two areas.

Hell, if she wants to show off the girls, she's got no room to complain from the looks she gets.

"It wasn't a line, yeah? It's the truth." For once, he was trying to be honest with her. For the time being, he was calmed and collected. It could have just been the alcohol or any other number of things that were going right for him. "Ain't no problem of mine to compliment someone that's deservin' of it. Don't matter if I'm hated or not."

[background=#232323]N A R S H A D D A A[/background]
[background=#232323]Club Ufora[/background]
[background=#232323]First Floor, Open Bar[/background]

"Don't give yourself too much credit, Za'tire," she quipped right back. "Nar Shaddaa ain't a watering hole reserved only for your sole pleasure."

Her eyes glittered with vibrant displeasure that only wavered when the bartender brought her drink. A soft husky "Thank you," and a winning smile shined upon the bartender then, only to fade when her attention returned to the constant pain in her ass.

Oh she didn't miss where his eyes were settling on, after all, it was an area that he'd once taken every bit of pleasure charting at his leisure with mouth, lips, and fingers. The thought alone sent a faint shiver down her spine, enough to make her yet again, dangerously aware of the man who could still have such an effect on her.

Her lips thinned, "Mmm... we'll just agree that you can pay a compliment when it suits you best."

Finally, after a few long moments of unabashed staring at Danger's rather pointedly obvious cleavage, Noxu's gaze went upward to her own. "I don't know," he said with a wry smirk and continued, "I think I can pay a compliment when it's deservin'." For the moment, at least, he seemed quite relaxed and comfortable. It was amazing what a pair of ... friends could do to a man.

"Nar Shaddaa ain't a watering hole reserved only for your sole pleasure."

He laughed at that, shaking his head with an amused smirk. "Hah! Nar Shaddaa is definitely my kinda place for 'my sole pleasure'," There was that same smirk that remained upon him. Repositioning himself a bit to get more comfortable, he settled in on the stool as if that would actually help him get more serious. "Come on now. I'm just here to meet up with a..." There then came a pause as he thought the best way to word what he wanted to say: "... friend of mine." Real original.

The smirk faded and was replaced with a far more sincere look. Whatever he was on about, he was serious. For once. For a while. Maybe.

"They're supposed to meet me here, y'know. Help me find a lost friend. I ain't here to start a fight with you... truly," came an attempt to be polite and respectful. "The sooner I get the info, the sooner I'm gettin' out of here. How's that?"

With a small nod of his head, as if thinking his explanation was good enough, he offered a hand over to the stool beside him and another to the bartender. "While I'm here, why don't I just buy you a drink?" Nodding to the bartender, he motioned him over as if to take an order. "See? Look at me bein' all friendly-like."

Not once did the sincerity on his face fade. He really was trying!

[member="Danger Arceneau"]

"Hmph," It was clear that Danger was not amused by Nox's attitude. She gave a slight roll of her eyes and brought the glass of brandy to her lips.

"There are no 'friends' on the Smuggler's Moon, Za'tire. Only those you can pay off to get what you need."

She shifted a bit, the soft swells of her breasts coming to tantalizing focus as she propped a hip against the bar, "No one is friendly just to be 'friendly' here... everyone has an agenda... and that's why you are here..."

Danger had a rather smug expression on her face as she turned slightly so her back now rested against the bar, elbows perched upon the bartop.

"Misplaced a redhead didn't you?"

"There are no 'friends' on the Smuggler's Moon, Za'tire. Only those you can pay off to get what you need."

The words rang true at some points of his life, but not anymore. He had friends. Great friends. Friends that he could rely on to help him through tough situations and friends that had his back. He was thankful for that in many ways. To that remark, Noxu just rolled his eyes slightly. "Yeah. To you, maybe. I have friends and damned proud of it. Hell, I might even still consider you a friend." There was an earnest smile that came across his lips as he said that, as if to prove a point.

"But really, sweetheart. Enough 'bout that, yeah?"

As those tantalizing breasts came to focus once more, Noxu's gaze turned back over to them as they lingered. Past thoughts reemerged to his mind of what he'd used to do in a moment like this, when she was so obviously showing off. Now, though, all he'd do was gaze at what once was.

His focus changed to the topic at hand, but his eyes remained.

"No one is friendly just to be 'friendly' here... everyone has an agenda... and that's why you are here..."

"Nah. See. Not everythin' for me is 'bout business. If I want to be friendly to someone, I can certainly be friendly." His gaze remained, unwavering. The view was definitely enjoyable.

"Misplaced a redhead didn't you?"

"So, you're my contact, eh? Great. Wonderful. Guess I can count out ever seein' her again," he admitted plainly.

Danger lifted her chin a bit, the smug expression only increasing as the corner of her lips quirked up a bit.

"What's she worth to you, Za'tire?"

Danger then went leaning forward, well aware of where his attention lay. After all, seven years had passed, and in that time, she was well aware of what sitred a man's attention and passion.

Not to mention she spent five passionate months in his arms to know exactly just which buttons to push.

She tried to not focus on that much now, but for some reason... she wanted to pay the game. See him squirm a bit.

"What you willing to do for the information I hold about your little redheaded whore?"

While the insult was there, it was more to stir his ire than any real insult to Alexxis Steel. Danger knew of the woman, but what came out of that little investigation proved that there wasn't anything more between them than the normal.

None the less, Danger didn't like it one bit. It reminded her of things... made her blood boil. All the more with what he'd been doing recently with that little Jedi of his.

Hmm..... yes, she would make him pay for this. The price would be steep.

Your move Nox, she thought to herself as jade green eyes glittered in challenge.

If there was anything that made it possible to distract Noxu's gaze from Danger's overabundance of flesh it was an insult to a friend. Even then, it took him a couple of seconds before his attention was fully drawn away from the cleavage and up to the woman's eyes. The corner of his lip curled slightly. "Don't you dare insult my friend," came the seething response. "I just want the information and I'll be out of here."

Reaching over he snagged up his drink and took another sip of it, clearly needing it. He then replaced the glass with his unlit cigarra. "This woman's life is potentially threatened. I'd much rather find her alive than dead," came the blunt truth of it all as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Y'know, I came to this deal tellin' you exactly how much creds I was willin' to offer for her where'bouts. That's what you'll get if I receive the reliable information." Even [member="Danger Arceneau"] knew that the man kept his promises when it came to a business deal. She'd been around him long enough to know at least that was true of him. His history of other business opportunities -- which she would have most likely been aware of as he never kept many of his dealings secret -- would be evident of that.

He was actually quite surprised that he'd managed to keep his calm so far. Plus one point for Noxu.

[member="Noxu Za'tire"]

The slight widening of her mocking smile appeared to be the only reaction she made. However, there was a slight tightening of her fingers upon her glass, fingertips paleing a soft off pink at their pressure. Her eyes hardened into malachite orbs, one dark eyebrow slightly arching in turn.

"Mmm...a woman's life being potentially threatened?" she said casually, appearing as if she didn't really give a damn.

"Well...my my my...what do we have here? Such concern over the little concubine...." she canted her head a bit to the right, soft auburn curls of hair dancing round her creamy bare shoulders.

"How precious.... Za'tire playing the role of the Knight in shining armor..." Her smile froze, and her expression turned stoic. "My...will wonders ever cease?"

She pushed herself away from the bar, the long swirls of black fabric swishing lightly around her legs. Feline eyes then cast him a parting sideways glance.

"What's next?" She began to turn away, hips swaying provocatively to and fro as she mockingly quipped. "Galactic peace?"

She took one step, then another, as if she were dismissing him right then and there.

"You are giving the holodramas a run for their money, Za'tire... my hat tips to you."

Noxu gazed at Danger for a good long minute. His stance was strong and stubborn, as per the usual. A game. It's all a game, he thought to himself. It was true, everything with [member="Danger Arceneau"] was a game. She had his number and she knew how to play the cards she was dealt.

It's all a game...

After another long moment, he looked up and stared directly into her green eyes. "Fine," he said with confidence. "Just keep provin' to me again and again that you're not mature enough to let me see you as a grown up. You're still just a child." He shrugged. "You want to get me to throw all my credits at you 'til you give me the location..." Already that confidence wavered.

"I'm tryin' my best to get things right. You, sweetheart, you can do whatever the hell you want to do. If you want to do business, feel free. You can run away if you want -- like you always do. Can't handle bein' a mature grown up, so you hide behind your childish attitude."

He watched as Danger began to slowly, deliberately walk away. His focused turned toward her hips for the briefest of moments. Gods damn, still a nice ass.

"I know how the hell this game works. You won't catch me off guard. Really, how stupid do you think I am? I'm just here to do business with my contact and if you're not a reliable contact, well... I guess I better find business elsewhere..." As Danger continued to shuffle away slowly he watched her closely, studying her and trying to understand her motives beyond it being just a game.

[member="Noxu Za'tire"]

Throaty laughter bubbled forth then, as her upper body slightly turned back to face him, the dress shifting over her voluptuous curves.

"Ahaha..." she tossed her head back, her hair swaying gently over the smooth expanse of bare skin revealed by the low cut dress. It was then that her hand nonchalantly slipped into her purse and pulled out a thin silver case. A flick of her thumb revealed a row of white cigarrillos.

Fingers plucked one from the silver case and perched it between scarlet lips. Amusement danced over her face, clearly none of his words had any affect on her. No, it only served to entertain her.

"I told you before, Za'tire..." There was a flash of a lighter, a deep intake of breath, and a vibrant glowing red tip of the narcotic.

"I don't need your credits. " A stream of spicy white smoke rolled out from the side of her mouth.

"I merely wanted to know how much she was worth to you." She flicked her hand to the right, ash scattering to the ground as she then again, slowly turned and began to walk away.

"You are free to go to anyone else to find the information you so desire... but that will take time. "

She took another step, "Tick tock, " she taunted a bit.... "Tickity tock..."

"You said it yourself," she called out without looking behind her, "A woman's life is at stake..... are you willing to risk it... hmm?"

Danger then plucked a small card from between the depths of her mighty bosom, and then flicked it to the bar top. It was a key card to one of Club Ufora's more... private rooms.

"You have one hour, make your decision quick. Every second counts... no?"

[member="Danger Arceneau"]

He shook his head as his gaze took its way over her once more, as he remained in thought. He liked Alexxis, but at the moment he was truly beginning to debate the worth of informing her about Hauk and dealing with the silly woman's attitude. The entire way she had acted about him and his friends didn't bother him. It was the way that she treated him that made rustled his jimmies (I had to)

At any other business meeting, he would resort to intimidation and hold up the informant with his blasters to try and get, not only a discount, but the information. Unfortunately, he knew that the act would only entice and provoke her to make it all worse.

After a long moment of silence, he finally spoke up, "She's my best friend's love. I'm not doin' this for myself. I couldn't care less 'bout what I want from this whole deal. This doesn't concern me in the least," he spoke with emphasis. "If you choose not to help me, you're only hurtin' them. I won't be bothered by it 'cause I'll know I did all that I could to try and help."

Where his gaze would lustrously wander over her body once before it was devoid of any of that emotion and rested firmly on her eyes, or her backside, whichever would face him at the time. The joke was over. There was no more sarcasm and no more tricks. His feelings were out and there was even a small sigh of relief at that release.

"I was dragged into this whole gods damned mess and I sure as hell can leave whenever I want. I'm not doin' this to please myself. poodoo, I'd much rather be sittin' on my ship drinkin' somethin' strong," he admitted.

Danger came to a slow halt, her back towards him. She was quiet for a moment, only to again, give a slow chuckle.

Her head dipped forward a bit, wisps of auburn hair falling foward over her brow. Her shoulders shook a bit, but she didn't dare turn to face him.

No, not with the way her eyes glittered with tightly reigned emotion.

"My..." she began in a low voice tinged with a subtle graze of mockery, "...that easy to walk away, hmm?"

Her delicate profile came to view then, as she looked slightly over her shoulder at him, "How nice."

Danger then swivled her head forward and resumed her slow walk, her hips swaying with each step. Long sooty black lashes blinked as she locked her gaze forward, she had enough of him.

She should have known better.

"Enjoy your little search, Za'tire." she called out as the distance grew between them, leaving only the small datacard she threw on the bartop earlier behind.

"You have what you came for."

Noxu shook his head with bewilderment as he watched [member="Danger Arceneau"] walk away. That saunter of hers would normally drive him mad, but all it managed to do this time was make him look in a different direction. Lost in thought, his mind raced with what he should be doing. I have what I want, he thought, but... By then, his thoughts abruptly ended. As he toyed with the key-card beneath his fingertips, he waited.

With one last moment of debate in his mind, his heart already knew what he was going to do...

Standing up, he looked in the direction of the room and began to make his way to the doorway. He couldn't even fathom what he was planning on doing or why. He had what he wanted -- the card -- and had absolutely no reason to actually pursue the woman. Something, other than his libido, was guiding him toward her this time. All he knew was that he wanted to talk with her.

Even though she hates you, you can't help yourself but be around her, can you? Came his thoughts as he crossed through the busy gatherings of people. What could possibly make you want to do this?

As he reached the private room, he huffed up his chest and took a deep sigh. With the key-card securely in his grasp, he swiped it through the scanner. Ignoring his own thoughts to run away and save his friend in need, he walked into the room.

Not knowing what to expect was half the excitement he needed to go in.

Random spontaneity was his specialty. No plan of attack, no plan of action, nothing. Stupid choices is what dragged him into this mess, and those same stupid choices would guide the course of the rest of his life. This, he knew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom