Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Theowen

Status
Not open for further replies.
forest_druid_by_ubermonster-d6dv4bv.jpg

Source: http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/198/c/9/forest_druid_by_ubermonster-d6dv4bv.jpg

Name: Theowen
Designation: Semi-sentient
Homeworld: Retalik
Language: None
Average height of adults: 1.96 meters
Skin color: Varying shades of brown and green
Hair color: None
Breathes: Type 1
Strengths:
+ Agility: Theowen are extremely agile, and use this to their advantage. While scaling the trees in their forest habitat, they often jump from branch to branch, often catching each branch they come to and steadying themselves for the next jump. Since their limbs are not like a regular humanoid's, they cannot 'run out of breath', as they are constantly pulling energy from the world around them, so they could run forever if they wanted to. In darkness however, they will eventually need to recharge on sunlight. If they are completely out of energy, they become very drowsy and groggy.
+ Camouflage: Their likeness in appearance to the forest in which they come from gives theowen the option to blend, vanishing from sight. With the additives that they were created from the force, and their telepathy skills act much like the Shi-ido to convince others that they are merely trees or limbs upon larger trees.
+ Tree Regrowth: TO be that of a tree, they can regrow their limbs throughout a 2-5 week time period. If they can take back the limb that was injured and simply "graft" it back onto the stump, the healing process of the limb can be seen up to a few days. However, their limbs can be mis configured or even bent n the wrong direction if the growing limb is injured before being fully replaced through growth. but unlike the Iicari they can not survive decapitation, or being cut in half in the chest where their vital organs are.
Weaknesses:
- Fire: Like trees, theowen are especially vulnerable to fire. This can be from traditional forest fires, or blasters and lightsabers. Anything giving off heat that can burn will harm theowen.
- Fragility: Theowen are very fragile, even as adults. Their bark skin can break and crack just as easily as tree bark. On the armor rating scale, they rate a 3. In this sense, bark does not always simply fall off, but special instances apply. For example, if a piece is rotting or injured somehow. Though limbs and bark is easily broke, there's nothing a bath in pure sunlight won't heal. Depending on the severity of the injury, whether it be a gouge in the side or even a broken limb, it can take anywhere from 2-5 weeks to heal.
- Mental: Unlike the weethraks, which also use empathy to communicate, they are very susceptible to mental attacks. Though they don't feel any particular pain from these attacks, they can be manipulated as well.
Distinctions: Appearance to that of trees, absence of mouths, antlers.
Average Lifespan: 200-250 Standard years
Races: None
Diet: They use water and sunlight for sustenance in a use of Photosynthesis
Communication: Mental imagery is their only form of communication. Like their self-proclaimed gods, the weethraks, they rely on their empathic abilities to send images and feelings to others. Though they have their own form of communication among themselves by simple acts and gestures, they can only communicate emphatically with outsiders. These gestures can be taught, however.
Culture: Theowen
Technology level: Theowen have very little technology, and live in open-roof huts in the trees. They have developed tools to carve out these homes and create them. Because they are a very peaceful species, they rarely carry weapons and have a very optimistic view on people.
General behavior: The theowen are a very closed in species, only trusting the weethraks enough to get close to them. To outsiders, they generally hide in their habitats, or blend with the trees until the supposed danger is gone. Some are also brave enough to watch outsiders while they walk through their habitat, curious of what the intruder might do. Being a rather peaceful species, the Theowen rarely take up weapons on people, prefering to voice what is wrong and work things out with contracts and treaties. Only if absolutely necessary do they take up weapons. Even when they fight, they hand out apologizes that they had to fight them. (Think of the profiling of Canadians.)
History: Theowen are the product of the force, being born from trees. Because of this, they have most aspects that any tree would, excepting for the fact that thy are slightly humanoid. Not long after their manifestation, they came into contact with the weethraks, and appointed them as gods due to their immense size and wisdom. Theowen have celebrations for their gods once a year.
Notable Player-Characters: None
Intent: To create a NPC species to commonly roam Retalik.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Gherron Vael"]
Greetings, I will be your factory judge for the evening,

As previously, please use the metric system to specify height, 6'5" equals to 1.96 meters, and in Breathes change Oxygen to Type 1.

In Strengths section, please tell me how tough their Bark-Skin in by comparing it to the Armor Rating scale we use in Factory, 1-4 corresponds to light armor, 5-7 corresponds to medium armor, with 8-10 being considered heavy, so please assign a proper number for that. Also, specify to me how their bark-skin reacts to attacks from kinetic weapons, such as swords or firearms, and how effective energy weaponry is, like lightsabers or blasters. Do the energy weapons set them on fire? Specify, elaborate.

Give me some examples of just how agile they are, are they good acrobats? Are they good sprinters or long-distance runners? Do they jump from tree to tree using vines and what-not like Tarzan? Elaborate, and be specific, we factory judges hate vagueness :p

Also, please add something in about their empathic or telepathic abilities, just as I asked you to in the Weethrak submission,

HK-36 said:
Next, tell me how these beasts react to mental attacks on them and being manipulated through mind-tricks, I'm assuming they are vulnerable to them as they are Non-Sentients, but if they do have an immunity or resistance to mental manipulation, let me know by writing it down in the submission. Also, in the Strengths section please put down something about their Mental Communication and elaborate on it. Tell me whether it is telepathic or empathic in nature, the difference being in telepathy they would be able to show images and speak with other creatures by connecting to their minds, in empathy they are able to establish connection based on feelings and sense other creatures' feelings, in order to show other creatures images and their own feelings.
Same thing here

In weaknesses, tell me more about their fragility. Is it just bark falling off of them, meaning they loose additional armor and pieces of their bodies get exposed, or can they break off their limbs as well? And do they have any regenerative properties if they do lose a limb?

Tag me in once you're done

HK-36

[member="Gherron Vael"]

Alright looking good,

In Acrobatics section, do they run out of energy in the dark? Being tired is a state of running low on energy, I realize the Theowen get their energy from photosynthesis so as long as there's presence of sunlight they will not get tired, but what about if they are running in the dark? If there is no presence of sunlight they can access, like running at night or through a cave, would they get tired as they run out of energy and cannot make more? Just something I want specified.

In Fragility section you mention how baths in the sunlight are able to heal them, tell me if that extends to re-growing limbs. So, for example, if a Theowen got his hand or finger chopped off, would they be able to grow a new one if they spend enough time healing in the sun? If so, how long would it take, still 2-5 weeks?

Also, mention in the submission whether or not the Theowen are immune to Mental Manipulations like the Weethraks are.

Tag me in once edits are made.

HK-36

[member="Gherron Vael"]
Yep, like 2 or 3 weeks longer for the entire limb, that would be alright. Also, I want you to put in that they can only re-grow fully their arms and legs, if they get decapitated or cut in two at their waist, they're not growing a new head or torso, if they die they die :p

Agility and Mental sections looks goods,

Tag me in once the edits are done.

HK-36

[member="Gherron Vael"]
It's been over a week since you have PM'ed me about this submission, is this still an active submission?

After another week of inactivity since this post, this thread will be archived due to inactivity.

[member="HK-36"], Due to [member="Gherron Vael"], having computer problems, he had taken an LOA from the site. I will be working on this species in his stead.

I believe I have done all the edits that have been asked. I cleaned up the sub somewhat, as well as added some things in. Edits and changes are made in Violet.

Celty Ikon

Hammer-loving Scarf Pirate
[member='Morna Imura']

Is it possible for the Theowen to be born anywhere other than Retalik?
Interested for the purpose of actually RPing one as an actual denizen of the galaxy.

[member="Valken Stej'in"], If you wish to make the species, Please send me a PM instead of posting on here, which is against the rules.

[member="Ashin Varanin"], If this could be locked, that would be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom