Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Theck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Theck
Designation: Sentient
Homeworld: Destroyed
Language: speaks all languages due to its telepathic link to the force allowing it to instantly translate any language by reading the thoughts of the speaker.
Average height of adults: adult male, 1.6 meters adult female 1.8 meters
Skin color: smoke gray, black, slate gray
Hair color: none
Breathes: Type 1
Strengths:
+a strong natural connection whit the force
+natural ability to propel themselves incredible distances with the legs prepeling them semves grate distences form space debry and ships and resistance to extreme colds as well as extreme pressures have permitted them to develop a resistance to the voides of space as long as they have a breathable air supply and have taken to external damage to there bodies they can survive in the void of space a few hours depending on the thickness of their scales
+they have perfect control over there tails allowing them to use it as a separate limb and as an aid when climbing and fighting there tails are also cover in a naturally light saber resistant scales meaning that it becomes incredibly useful in combat with a force user.
Weaknesses:
- incredibly sensitive ears mean that they can be completely disabled by the right frequencies.
- short natural life spans
-incredibly sensitive wings meaning that they can be almost completely incapacitated by a strong blow to them

Distinctions: This species is instantly recognizable by the distinct lack of a mouth and there large scale, almost dragon like wings. Their tails are covered in thick scales ranging from pitch black to a light ashen gray. Their eyes seem to glow in the dark and their fingers and toes are tipped with vicious claws.
Average Lifespan: 30-35 GSY
Races: Some Theck chose to file there claws and cut away there wings and tails seeing them as ties to the fickle world. They then focus on their connection to the force honing their mind to the metaphysical not the material, these are known as silent monk Thecks.
There is another smaller grope of this species that cover their bodies in ancient symbols drawn in red paint and train their almost vampire like trait to the point where that preform an unforgivable thing. In the regular Theck can drain the life energies of creatures completely reducing them to meer shells. Doing so causes an unstable hunger to grow inside them, meaning that they must keep feeding to live. This group live exponentially longer than the rest thanks to the energies that they have absorbed form the world around them. They are known as the 'Crimson Claws'
Estimated Population: Incredibly rare thanks to the destruction of their home planet. The larger population was killed, but a few remain and have yet to repopulate.
Diet: Due to a lack of mouths they do not eat but instead draw sustenance form the living things absorbing their life energies through the force.
Communication: Telepathically protecting their throats directly into the targets mind. This can be disconcerting at first but is easy to get used to
Culture: Due to the wide dispersal of the surviving members of their species, there is not much of a culture apart for the two larger groups, The Silent Monks and the Crimson Claws, but not all conform to these groups.
Technology level: Though their world was quite primitive, when it was discovered they have adapted quickly to the modern technology of the universe.
General behavior: Depending on the religion that they are part of, their behavior varies form peaceful yet reclusive (like the silent monks) to aggressive and out growing (like the Crimson Claws).
History: After spending a few thousand years living in peace on their home planet with only a few minor wars between the silent monks and the crimson claws, their history would be forever changed. Their previous history was uneventful as most of the other inhabitants of the galaxy did not know they existed. Then, about 400 years ago their race was discovered by some stranded travelers, who introduced them to technology, tn return for help rebuilding their ship. Then, about 200 years after that, their sun collapsed on itself, destroying their planet, the only survivors were those on off world business such as diplomats and traders. Some Theck were accepted into the Jedi Order or even the Sith. Since then, they have been slowly rebuilding their numbers but still remain endangered. The crimson claw have become a mercenary group, specializing in assassination. No one has heard from the silent monks for a hundred years, and most of those who have become Jedi ,have died. The only ones surviving are the ones who have joined the Sith and embraced their ability to drain life energy.
Notable Player-Characters: None currently.
Intent: Created with the intent to provide an interesting and mysterious race of characters. As well as to add another species to the roster giving, yet another layer of customization to the universe created with this this site.

Nyx

Insert Hilarious Title Here
[member="thecontractor"]
Apologies for the wait. If this happens again, simply private message me, as I've likely forgotten.

Alright, so to not overwhelm you, I'd like to address a couple of my immediate concerns.

thecontractor said:
Strengths: +a strong natural connection whit the force
Does this mean that the entire species is Force Sensitive?

thecontractor said:
+natural ability to propel themselves incredible distances with the wings and resistance to extreme colds as well as extreme pressures have permitted them to develop a resistance to the voides of space as long as they have a breathable air supply and have taken to external damage to there bodies they can survive in the void of space for days on end.
I feel like this might be a little too much. I don't especially mind them being able to survive a few minutes, or even a couple hours in space(provided they have an air supply of some sort), but days is simply too much.
Also, I don't believe they could propel themselves with their wings. Space is a vacuum, which means there's nothing there for them to provide resistance against their wings, which would be what allows them to fly.

Address these concerns and we can move forward.

i have adresed the consern about the time spent in space and in answer to yore prevouse question yes it dose meen the entier race is force sensitive if members are not thay wold most likley die as thay wold not be able to feed threw the force or comunicate
[member="The Black Hat"]

[member="thecontractor"]

So several things jump out at me that need addressed in the submission. They will be listed below:
  • For language, what happens when they encounter a species that is resistant to mental Force abilities such as Hutts, Toydarians, and Epicanthrix?
  • How lightsaber resistant are their scales? If they are too resistant, I'm going to ask for that aspect be removed as that can be abused in PvP situations.
  • I cannot allow the entire species to be Force Sensitive. Even among species with high degrees of Force Sensitivity, such as Sith Purebloods for example, there are still examples of the species not having command of the Force. Please change this to something like the species has a greater number of Force Sensitives than usual.
  • Following on from the last point, I cannot and will not allow every single member of this species to have the ability to have Force Drain automatically. I would recommend finding another way for them to find sustenance, but Force Drain on such a scale is no.
  • Culture needs to be greatly expanded upon, even if you have their homeworld having been destroyed
  • General behavior needs to also be greatly expanded upon, including how these cults and monks are different.
  • The history section could be fleshed out more and it needs to address some site canon events such as the Gulag Virus and Netherworld events. Both of these can be found under the Holonet tab at the top of the screen.
These are my initial concerns that I feel need addressed. Once these are handled adequately, we can move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom