Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction The Yellow Sun

Yellow-Sun.png

braxantdiv1.png

Today, justicars and nobles alike prepare for battle, but – not for war.

Brave members of the newly formed Braxant Covenant will take up arms to bring honor and glory to their house. The Grand Tournament is a spectacle of pageantry, to be sure, but it is also a show of strength.

Though the war is over, each house still has something to prove: superiority.
Combatants may wish to enter the joust to show off their skills and bravery. Armor is required, of course, and non-lethal lances will be provided. Do not fear, each has been thoroughly inspected for safety. Impress the crowd with shows of skill and bravery! Win the day for your house!

Needless to say, the Grand Tournament is also a social sport. Spectators will have comfortable balcony seating to see the matches, and to be seen by members of the other noble houses, of course!

House Amnen has been kind enough to offer another activity if fighting or watching people fight are not for you – perhaps you would like to take a stroll in the Garden Maze. Beware, rumor has it that the gardens are filled with all sorts of peculiar things.

Objectives:

Comp.png

Justicars and Nobles alike are invited to compete in the rare form of competition. Should you enlist, be prepared to win glory for your house and fame for your Lord. The competition will include a joust, so get your mount and be ready to show off! OOC note: We will be using dice rolls to determine the victor of each round.

Spec.png

Watch the tournament. Be entertained. Get to know someone from another house. This event is meant to promote peace through a display of violence. What deals are you making to secure that peace for your own house while watching the others bash each other senseless.

maze.png

The grounds which House Amnen have provided for the event boasts a glorious and wonderful garden maze. Some say this maze is alive as the walls seem to be ever changing. Will you solve the sequence and conquer the maze, or will you get trapped and suffer the humiliation of defeat?

Amnen.png

H O U S E • A M N E N

Outfit: XXX
Objective: Oversee the Tourney

Tyonna looked down on the arena from the balcony seating -- the best seats in the house, so to speak. Very soon, the balcony would be filled with her fellow nobles. From this vantage point, everything seemed perfect. However, there were a lot of moving parts to putting on an event like this. Of course, House Amnen did not want to disappoint.

She glanced around, looking for Arlo Amnen Arlo Amnen . At least, with this being on their home world of Muunilinst, she felt better about letting him away from her side. Tyonna had never thought herself to be one of those over-protective hover-craft mothers, but it was difficult not to worry. And now, their house had a new ward -- Aliris Tremiru Aliris Tremiru . Tyonna didn't know the girl very well yet, but she hoped that would change soon. Drawing in a deep breath, she blew it out slowly and evenly.

Smoothing down the front of her dress, Tyonna walked down the steps and out into the arena itself.

Preparations were being made for the battles to come. Tyonna offered kind nods to the members of their house that were hard at work. A distant part of her longed to be readying for battle, too. However, it wasn't her place today -- though, nobles were allowed to participate as well.

Someone needed to be ready to anticipate problems and fix them, and that was her.

Renoux.png

H O U S E • R E N O U X

Wearing: xxx
Tag: Tyonna Amnen Tyonna Amnen | Reggie Rau Reggie Rau | Ariellyn Renoux Ariellyn Renoux | Open for interaction

He would likely compete, eventually. If there would be any noble representing their own house, Ulysses Renoux would be the first many would expect to do so. His mind first went to Romin. The young heir needed to show the other houses just what he was capable of. Peace was still a new thing to them, and oftentimes it was kept because of a display of strength. After all, it was the only thing Deyanira Draco Deyanira Draco respected. Ulysses could not allow peace to make him look.

The only issue was Romin was nowhere to be found. He had left Jaemus, leaving an itinerary behind, but his ship had failed to meet them at the arranged rendezvous. Ulysses was concerned. This was not like the funeral and the peace talks where his son simply decided to detour from his duty and responsibilities. Romin was as much a free spirit as the rest of his children, but this was a form of recklessness none of them would consider.

He climbed the stairs with his Prime Justicar, Gideon, following behind him. HIs daughters were not far behind. Raze Raze would be with them as a transition was coming soon. Certainly he would be asked to compete once they were settled and safe. The Duke wanted all to see the strength of his next Prime.

“The others are looking for Romin, yes,” he questioned his prime.

Gideon nodded.

“You will be the first to know.”

Ulysses patted the man on the shoulder as he indicated for the man to remain at his post. He and his daughters would move forward as the fanfare announced their arrival. Naturally House Renoux was greeted with what seemed to be a forced enthusiasm. The Duke did not expect the joint rulership of the houses to be widely accepted just yet. Peace was new to everyone, and this tournament was as much a gesture of their covenant as it was a display of their combined greatness.

He approached their hostess and bowed. Naturally it was a strategic move to do so in the eye of the public.

“House Renoux thanks you for this invitation. Several from my house look forward to participating in today’s events. I may even dabble in it myself.”

Once all of the formalities were out of the way he turned to his daughters.

“Enjoy the day as you see fit. The maze needs to be conquered. The city seems admirable.”

His eyes turned to Roxy to answer before she could even ask.

“Yes, that means you may compete today.”

Ulysses smiled, trying to hide his worry.

Where was Romin?

Spec.png

Last edited:
Untitled692_20230420113125.png

B L O O D L I N E • E N K E L S A N I

maze.png
Objective: Be noticed, gain honour, have fun
Tags: OPEN

Loadout

Untitled475_20230106220040.png
Asaaj enjoyed mazes and labyrinthine puzzles, the appealed to the witch in side her for the convoluted nature and the noble inside her for their spectacle. She was not eligible for the tournament, having not yet saddled herself to one of the great houses, but there was time for that, she could make connections and find notice by completing other games, and if not it should at least be a fun distraction.

The witch strolled toward the waiting area in a smal black outfit with a lightly flowing Cape behind her, she admired the fresh stitching where she had repaired it after her recent date with Jade Solus Skirae Jade Solus Skirae she smiled to herself and then flipped the cape away from her. There were other contestants here, all with various levels of equipment and confidence. She had heard good things about this maze, a very high attrition rate and plenty of stories of monsters inside gave her high hopes. As she sat awaiting the starter instructions or to be deposited somewhere she closed her eyes for a few seconds just to centre herself in the force. The maze was a dark and foreboding place that would not have been out of place on Ubelixa, even if the foliage was a little greener than her old home. She checked her equipment, only carrying what the organisers allowed her to.

She looked at the other contestants and considered her options, teaming up could be fascinating, but would they hold her back? Would they themselves become the final fight to escape the labyrinth? All the mischevious options that could up made the dathomiri quite excited.

amnensign.png

(Post Soundtrack: “Aristocrats of Karnaca”)
Attire: [
X]

braxantdiv1.png

Arlo filled his lungs with the familiar scent of House Amnen’s impressive gardens, savoring the sweet earthiness of the freshly manicured hedges.

He wasn’t unused to topiary art; His ancestral home prized itself on producing magnificent work featured gardens and châteaus all over the Braxant. Artorian design was calming, bringing serenity and peace to even the grimmest of grounds. The gardens here were different, though. He’d always enjoyed them, but one thing he never did was venture into the maze alone.

Something about them felt alive. It made him uneasy.

In fact, were it not for Romulus Vel Romulus Vel and his undeterred nature, Arlo would never dare to tread among the winding hedges.

You’re going to get us lost, I just know it,” the boy said with a nervous laugh. He looked to the older man with unconvinced eyes.

Have you ever been inside?

maze.png

Last edited:

braxantdiv1.png

Attire: xxx
Tags: Ulysses Renoux Ulysses Renoux | Reggie Rau Reggie Rau | Ariellyn Renoux Ariellyn Renoux | Raze Raze | Deyanira Draco Deyanira Draco | Tyonna Amnen Tyonna Amnen

"Though as much a spectacle as it would be to see, I advise against such measure, Duke Renoux..."

The voice was eerily melodic as it carefully slipped into the ears of those that were within range, the woman's words spoken softly, almost as if they had slowly crept from her lips and traveled some unseen path into the mind. Though she was not entirely incorrect in making such an advisory towards the Duke; she knew and had seen the hubris and the issues that those in power could cause simply by taking part in some activity that others would see as an opportunity to make a name for themselves or, in this instance, their House. This was not something that she would say lightly, and once she opened her mouth again as she carefully ascended the steps, the wide-brimmed hat carefully concealing her features and what little skin was exposed, from the sun.

Each step was taken in careful measure as she came to a stop just behind the seats from the Duke and his Daughters. The woman's golden-yellow hues fell upon those in attendance in turn as she stepped forward and closed the distance between herself and the Duke. She seemed to care little or otherwise show interest in the individual that was to be named Prime Justicar, she'd seen many of their sort in her extended life and she'd seen their ends in turn. It was a pity, truly, such a waste of lives that she had witnessed, and now she was, at least at this moment, attempting to save more - as if in atonement for those lives she was unable to save or protect prior.

Slender fingers carefully came to rest upon the Duke's shoulder as she leaned forward, bringing her height down so that she was nearly as tall as those that still stood. Her lips nearly caressed the Duke's ear as she permitted a slight smile to grow upon her lips whilst her gaze remained forward upon the arena before them. True, this was a place to show off House Renoux's strength in lieu of military conquest or economic savvy in trade; though it was not the appropriate place to potentially risk the life of the Duke himself.

"There are others in House Renoux that are more suitable to take upon this challenge that would present less of a threat or opportunity. All it takes is a singular zealous individual and House Renoux would be without a Duke and your Daughters would be surrounded by vultures. Might I suggest you allow your Prime to show their skill in your place, a Champion if you will..."

The woman slowly corrected herself as she stood once more at her full height, towering over most as she leaned her head down so that the shade of the hat kept her skin from the blazing sun above. Her hand lingered for a moment before it slipped away from the Duke's shoulder and once more came to rest just above her stomach as she stood in a regally poised manner, those golden-yellow hues ever watching as she slowly surveyed the others that were in attendance for the spectacle that was to unfold before them.

Spec.png

maze.png

Well this was reminiscent of the past. Kinda. The Ashlan's had their sort of obstacle courses to go through, that much she did remember. What kind of obstacles did they offer here? Danger? She did have her dagger, so maybe there would be. And hey, Tycho Amnen Tycho Amnen said she was allowed to kill things. If it meant keeping Arlo Amnen Arlo Amnen alive anyway. She watched him specifically from a distance, frowning.

"He said he was the leader, but he's just.. He's just a kid. Bet he'll freak out at the first problem."

Aliris just muttered under her breath, practically staring daggers. Last thing she wanted was to get tied to someone useless. So, hopefully he was worth something.

Or she could just kill him. That was an option.

Romulus Vel Romulus Vel | Asaaj En Kelsani Asaaj En Kelsani

168233345834770983-2.png

H O U S E • A M N E N

OUTFIT: x
TAG: Aliris Tremiru Aliris Tremiru | Arlo Amnen Arlo Amnen | Open
Arlo Amnen had suggested earlier that we walk around the city on this festive day. We did, to the direction of the great garden of House Amnen. The nobles of Muunilist are assembling in the arena. Receiving guests, on the start of a shaky alliance, has to be a troublesome challenge. The lords and ladies of the other great houses require the full force of House Amnen's diplomatic corps. That includes Arlo's mom, Tyonna. Meanwhile, I'm trying to make myself useful. Keeping Arlo company, and keep a lookout on whoever lurks beneath the tangled web of hedges and whispers. Two birds, one stone. Thus, I tried to nudge him into exploring the garden. ​

You’re going to get us lost, I just know it,” the boy said with a nervous laugh. He looked to the older man with unconvinced eyes.

Have you ever been inside?

"Have I ever been inside this magnificent structure? This was part of the training, the first significant achievement in my life, right after my exile. It's a core memory, I know it by heart, I know it better than any non-Amnen. Hell, I think I know it better than Tymair, don't tell him I said that. So yes, we are going to get lost, and we are going to have fun. I have a game we shall play. Everytime we encounter a person, try to figure out their life story. By any means, talk to them, observe, anything. How's that sound?"

We walked in the garden and traced our steps through the pattern on the walls, the directions of the vines, and the streams of the wind. This, I'm not only talking about the physical structure, this is a puzzle. People come in, curious, trying to solve the maze. Curiosity turns into anxiety. They feel lost. They let their guard down. To them, the puzzle is the structure, which corner to cut, which alleyway to explore. Not for me. The people are the puzzle. You came in an innocent bystander, you will come out an asset. Life is a game of knowledge, and I aim to be a hundred feet tall.

The thoughts took us to a sharp corner, turning right to the north, around 300 meters in, after four path deviations. As I tuned in the shivering garden, I could notice two distinctive sounds. Tiny splashes, some kind of water source is nearby, and bristles of leaves, probably a bush brushed by something. One of our first training assessments was survival in the garden. Limited resources, find a way out. It was the first time I tasted squirrels. Another sound comes out, and it's getting closer. I signaled a stop and cover, the shadow indicating a small person. It's a proportional shadow, definitely not the Draco dwarf. A kid. A girl.

I loaded my poison darts. I heard stories, the encounter with Tycho. I know those types, troubled kids. I was one, I only responded to power and control. They might consider the girl family, but Arlo is my priority right here. Besides, I always have my pack of antidotes with me. Worst case scenario, it'll just be some trauma, she'll get over it. Hopefully it won't get to that. Hopefully I was wrong, and we get to play the game.​

"You remember that little hyena your old man took in from Entralla? She's right around the corner. Game on."

maze.png

Amnen.png

Draco.png

H O U S E • D R A C O

Muunilinst.

It had been so long since she'd left Entralla. Though, it was nice to get out and stretch her legs, so to speak, she felt a flutter of anxiety. The widow hoped that the Red Keep would remain standing in her absence. For all she knew, she'd return to find it in flames.

Adelina Draco Adelina Draco had refused to join them at the tourney, after all. The girl was a problem, a headache just waiting to happen. At least Isadora Draco knew when to shut up and be still.

Dressed in a dark gown — she was still, technically, in mourning— the widow walked with elegant strides. Needless to say, she would not be competing today. She was content to watch with a glass of wine in hand while others beat each other silly. Of course, she hoped that anyone competing in the name of Draco did their best not to bring dishonor to their house.

As she approached the stands, she couldn't help but overhear Duke Renoux. Dabble in it himself? The mere thought almost made Deyanira laugh out loud, but her red lips settled for a smirk. He might like to count himself among the younger men, but he had to know... he was no longer young. Indeed, even Deyanira could admit that he was fit for his age – but more likely to pull a muscle than to win against the younger generation.

"House Draco appreciates your hospitality," Deyanira chimed in to their hosts. "I look forward to seeing the competition." She may have given Duke Renoux a brief look as if to say 'you wish,' as she brushed past him and that von Sorenn woman and his daughters on her way to her seat.

Spec.png

Amnen.png

H O U S E • A M N E N

"What do you think?" The boy asked from atop his mount. The orbak snorted as if to give him an answer. Her thick white coat had been shorn to keep her cool in the warm summer temperatures of Muunilinst – save for round her head as the groomer had been too nervous to go near her tusks – revealing a dappling of black spots on her hind quarters like the gathering of a storm on the horizon and so Ty'darius had named her Omen.

"What do I think about what, My Lord?" Asked the man holding the orbak by her lead in a thick foreign accent as they paced the empty arena.

"About her," Omen was still quite young and half wild according to some of the stable boys. "Can I ride her in the lists? I know she's ready." Ty'darius sounded half a boy pleading for permission but he was a boy no longer. He'd reached the age of maturity more than a month ago and was named Lord if his house not long after. Not a Lord but The Lord. His word was rule now or it was supposed to be.

"Show me." The man said dropping Omen's lead.

Darius smiled and put his heels into Omen's side. She responded with a bay and a snort, tossing her tusked head to the side and taking off as fast as she could. Darius gripped the reigns tightly, his heart in his throat as the roar of the wind was all he could hear. They went maybe a hundred yards before he pulled back on her reigns. She obeyed without question and slowed. He turned her back round and pressed his heels to her and again they were off back the way they had come. Darius reigned her up in front of his companion.

"She will do," He said.

"Are you sure? Rymin said she wouldn't be fit for the lists. He called her impudent." Darius asked

"You mean the fat old man in charge of your uncle's stables?"

Darius laughed. It was true Rymin was a rather ample man. Not like the man Darius was with now who was tall and lean, with shoulder length black hair tied haphazardly in a messy ponytail, loose strands falling onto the copper tone skin of his face. Dressed in the yellow of House Amnen there was no mistake who Esteban served.

"She kicked his son. Broke his leg." Darius told Esteban.

"The fat one or the slow one?"

"He means to be a Justicar."

"He means to find a noble way to die." Esteban deadpanned once again taking Omen's lead in hand.

"You aren't dead." Darius told him.

"Not for lack of trying." Esteban joked.

Esteban had not been born on Muunilinst or any of its colony worlds. He had come from Epica to work the mines on Munnilinst and through chance and fortune found himself as a Jusiticar – a warrior – for the greatest of the great houses, trained by Tycho Amnen himself – Prime Justicar, brother to one Lord, father to a second, and now grandfather to a third. Esteban was proof that anyone could rise high in service to House Amnen.

"We should get back to your pavilion, My Lord. They will be drawing for the lists soon." Esteban said, his eyes never leaving the balcony seating of the arena.

Darius glanced up and could see Duke Renoux and Lady Draco among the nobles on the balcony along with the Duke's daughters, Justicars and retainers. A woman lay her hand on the Duke's shoulder, Ty'darius did not recognize her.

"Does she know you've come back?" Darius asked Esteban.

" I cannot say what your aunt knows and does not." Esteban replied.

Darius was glad the man did not pretend to not know who he was talking about.

"Have you told her you were back?" Darius asked as Esteban mounted his own Orbak.

"No," he answered simply.

"Esteban, four years is a long time to be away from your wife."

Esteban took one last look at the balcony and put his heels to his mount leading himself and Darius from the arena and to their pavilion.

Leon Draco

L
Draco.png

H O U S E • D R A C O

Leon blinked as he was abruptly plunged into the bright lights of the arena. Clad in fine armor that had been made to fit him, every movement he made caused it to clank and clatter.

Yes, he was competing. No, it was not a good idea. But he had lost a bet, and he wasn't one to break his promises.

Looking out at the spectator boxes, he raised his weapon in the air in a gladiator's salute, smirking shyly. He was used to being stared at, just not on this scale and scope. There were so many faces, so many eyes peering down at him from the stands. They'd all be watching him fight. Most were probably laughing at him, but that was part of the fun, wasn't it?

Comp.png

Spec.png

Comp.png

STORM
STANDS FOR NOW | MUUNILINST
TAG: Ulysses Renoux Ulysses Renoux | Ariellyn Renoux Ariellyn Renoux | Tyonna Amnen Tyonna Amnen | Amelia von Sorenn Amelia von Sorenn | Leon Draco | Darius Amnen Darius Amnen | @I aint tagging alts | Open
ARMOUR: xx

braxantdiv10.png

banner10.png

GHOST WOMAN AND THE HUNTER

Her mind was racing.

Especially here in enemy territory. Worry for her brother was thick. And she could see the set in her father's shoulders. He was worried too, and that didn't bode well. But to her, it wasn't just worry. Guilt intermingled with it. While Romin went missing, she and Raze Raze ...

She stopped that thought. It was dangerous. She forced herself to not look at him where he was her and her sister's shadow. It took all her willpower but she managed to keep her eyes forward. She rather clung to the thought of her brother. It was safer. Why the had to be at this spectacle while there was no trace of Romin was above her. This was not a power move. It was just plain irresponsible.

Almost on autopilot, she curtsied to their hostess.
"Lady Amnen." she greeted before moving out of the way, only listening to what her father was babbling with half an ear. Until...

"Yes, that means you may compete today."

Her head snapped to her father. Panic slivered through her. How did he know she was capable? What else did he know? Her eyes darted to Raze briefly. Then her rational mind caught up with her. If her father knew, Raze wouldn't be here. So she forced a smile onto her face.
"Thank you, father." she said. Perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea to compete. Get her mind off everything.

While Lady Van Sorenn commanded her father's attention, Roxy turned toward her sister.
"I'll be heading to the House's pavilion to get ready for the lists then. What will you do?" she asked Ariellyn Renoux Ariellyn Renoux . At least one sibling was still safe and Cyressa Tiberos was also around somewhere. That brought her some comfort at least. Romin would have loved to compete today. He was a scatterbrain, but he was just as diligent as she was with his training. He better be found.

Ignoring the arrival of Deyanira Draco Deyanira Draco , Roxy wove her way through some people toward their House pavilion. For some reason, the Red Lady had Rexanne bristling with her very presence. It had been drilled into the Renoux shield-maiden to rely on her instincts. First the old man, then Raze. It was like breathing to her now, and her instincts were screaming at her that something about the Draco woman wasn't right. So Roxy rather removed herself from the situation before her mask failed and belied her true feelings on her face.

At the pavilion, she realised her father had given it more thought that she should compete than she initially figured. On the mannequin hung her gilded House armour. It bothered her that he knew. And even more that he was actually accepting of it. The cage closed ever tighter. Now she had to be even more careful when sneaking around.

With a sigh, she donned the phrik armour. Walking back out into the sunlight, helmet under her arm, she looked at the closest squire that had accompanied the House.
"Is there an orbak for me?" she asked him. "Duke's request."
"Y-yes, m'lady." he stammered.
"Go get it, then." She probably sounded more irritated and like a true noble than she wanted. As the lad scampered off, she glanced at the arena. Leon Draco was in there, in his own finely fitting armour. Great. Now she had to try and not start a war by obliterating a lordling.

The knot between her shoulderblades was back.

Comp.png

Armor: Link
Fighting: Leon Draco
Tags: Ulysses Renoux Ulysses Renoux I Deyanira Draco Deyanira Draco I Amelia von Sorenn Amelia von Sorenn I Darius Amnen Darius Amnen I Reggie Rau Reggie Rau I @all the alts

Tomleh had wanted to try the maze this year and he almost signed up for it until he heard that his friend Leon was going to try doing some gladiator duelling. As such part of him wanted to see how well all the training Leon had done since he had been doing while he was away went. What better way to test him than sign up for the competition. After all they were friends and they had very little time together yet, this would be good to remind Leon that he still existed, just in case he had forgotten.

From what Tolmeh could see it looked like Leon wasn't the only one from the nobility in the houses that signed up as the dukes daughter apparently was also joining the comp. He was unperturbed by this revelation, he could honestly care less as to who joined the competition, he was just in it to show off some prowess of the justiciar of House Draco and even maybe win a battle or two. As he was called to step out of the tent finding himself facing Leon raising his weapon up. Ah he was trying to show boat, play up the crowds laughs, a very smart move. Make whoever was facing him underestimate him but Tomleh wouldn't make this mistake, he knew Leon too well for something like that.

"So shall we begin Lord Leon Draco?" Tolmeh asked with a grin on his face as he lowered his helmet and moved to a ready position for when Leon would make his first strike.

braxantdiv9.png

Selling: Knit Scarves [available in all house colors!] & Lemonade!
Tag: Open
Prim wondered if she'd see Arlo Amnen Arlo Amnen here on Muunilinst, that's where he was from. The man ( Romulus Vel Romulus Vel ) he'd been with had called her a... lemonade stand on Entralla. She hadn't known what that was at the time, but she'd done some research on the holo and learned that lemonade was a tart beverage. So, she'd made some to sell... hopefully it wasn't too sour. Prim actually liked it sour, but she knew that others might not.

For the moment, she was watching a little market stall. But perhaps later, she'd walk the stands to try her luck.

She'd knit scarves for people to show their favored house -- red and black, yellow with a black stripe, and white with a blue stripe. Her father had scolded her and told her not to glorify those rotten nobles. But Prim didn't quite understand. Her father had stormed off to his business meeting, leaving her feeling a bit... melancholy.

"Lemonade?" she called. "It's fresh..."

Renoux.png

H O U S E • R E N O U X

Wearing: xxx
Tag: Reggie Rau Reggie Rau | Ariellyn Renoux Ariellyn Renoux | Ulysses Renoux Ulysses Renoux | Tolmeh Thorn Tolmeh Thorn | Deyanira Draco Deyanira Draco | Amelia von Sorenn Amelia von Sorenn | Tyonna Amnen Tyonna Amnen | Darius Amnen Darius Amnen | Leon Draco | @anyone I am missing

Everyone from the Renoux delegation was feeling on edge. Romin had not met them at the rendezvous which was not something he would have done intentionally. What was worse is that it seemed he had slipped his Justicar, or his Justicar was dead. It did not bode well for the safety of the heir if the latter were the case. As such Ulysses had a sudden urge to keep the security detail around his daughters tighter than he would have otherwise.

Raze shadowed them.

“He will be fine… he has trained for this. Gideon has seen to it.”

His thoughts floated to Rexanne, seeing she was visibly tense about the situation. It was a risk, he knew that communicating to her like that was something which could break their facade. He had to trust Roxy was stronger than that.

He let his eyes dip briefly as they approached the stairs. Anyone looking may have though he was simply ensuring he did not miss the first step, but in truth, Rexanne looked great in her armor. Her backside was particularly accentuated nicely.

Raze cleared his throat when Ulysses suggested she could participate. She was going to hit him for his comment later, but it had to be said to keep their ruse.

“Is this wise,” he asked, then noticed the short Draco child in the arena.

Whatever correction came his way was deserved, and the Justicar simply returned to the shadows. House Draco arrived moments after, at least the Lady of the House had. Everything about this peace seemed to be more tense than just engaging in war. Gideon remained at his post, so without word or fanfare, Raze followed Rexanne to ensure she would be safe on her way to the pavilion.

It was his duty after all.

“Leave us,” he said to the boy, “Bring the mount straight to the arena.”

When Raze was certain they were alone he began to inspect the straps on her armor. Where any of them were too loose, he tightened them. Tugging on the armored plates, the Justicar ensured everything fit as it should, and would remain. This was different from their sparring, and the first real combat she would see from the other houses. He did not imagine they would take it easy on her simply because of her parentage. Raze knew he would not.

“Eyes on your target, always. The lance will be a distraction, but your opponent's movements will give away where it will hit you. Steady. Resolute.”

He placed her helmet in her hands, risking closeness once more.

“If we meet in combat, I will not hold back.”

His eyes turned as she headed toward the arena. He would need to prepare himself as well.

Spec.png

maze.png

NIGHTHAWK
GARDEN MAZE | MUUNILINST
TAG: Romulus Vel Romulus Vel | Arlo Amnen Arlo Amnen | Asaaj En Kelsani Asaaj En Kelsani | Aliris Tremiru Aliris Tremiru | Cyressa Tiberos | Open

braxantdiv4.png
banner2.png

SIX FEET UNDER

A cigara lit up.

Remus was leaning against a wall not far from the maze, slowly drawing on the smoke. This whole spectacle wasn't exactly his cup of tea, but of course he needed to be here. But nothing about him screamed House Renoux. On the contrary, he looked quite ordinary. Just a civilian chilling out. As all things should be.

His piercing blue gaze did, however, keep track of everything.

No one moved without him noting it. The growing pile of cigara stumps belying the time he had been standing there. People-watching was his forte. No one ever realised the amount of information they gave by just being.

The Nighthawk was halfway through his cigara when he caught sight of a very annoying bug that came walking by with a kid. It seemed it was finally tie to move from his perch. He killed the half-stump against the wall and shot it away as the duo entered the maze.

Remus shoved his hands into his pockets and meandered after them, his keen eyes keeping track of their turns. He kept pace, staying just out of sight for the moment.

Until they had come to a stop, a voice drifting toward him.

"You remember that little hyena your old man took in from Entralla? She's right around the corner. Game on."

With a tsk Remus revealed himself before they could take off.
"Are you no better than a nursemaid now, brother?" he asked as he lit up another cigara nonchalantly.

They had been estranged for a long time now.

Amnen.png

H O U S E • A M N E N

Tyonna turned at the sound of voices behind her.

The nobles from House Draco and House Renoux had arrived. She went up the steps and moved to greet them. "Thank you for coming," Tyonna said to the Duke and his daughters. "House Amnen is very happy to have you all." This time, she turned her attention to Lady Draco as well. "Do let me know if you need anything – I'm happy to help."

She took a couple of steps backwards to signal her exit. "Please excuse me, I'll let Lord Ty'Darius know you're all here. I expect you'll see him after the competition."

With that she gave the nobles and Amelia von Sorrenn of the Guild a respectful nod.

Rushing to find Darius, Tyonna made her way to the pavilion. "Darius, I just wanted to wish you good lu--"

Tyonna stopped abruptly, and the smile disappeared from her face.

Her eyes locked on the man leading Darius' mount and narrowed slightly. She almost didn't recognize him, it'd been so long. Tyonna was warm to everyone, but when it came to Esteban, her heart was like cold embers left in the hearth. Her throat grew tight.

Without another word, she turned on a heel and retreated towards the stands.

Aito

A
Renoux.png

H O U S E • R E N O U X

Comp.png

Tags: Open to Competition
Aito paused as he adjusted his attire. The armour of House Renoux was fitting well but there was a slight uncomfortableness in Aito's movements and position as he meditated in deep thought about the actions he was about to take. Charging into battle, was it for honour? For the protection of the House he swore to protect? No, it was for the amusement of others. It was nothing that aligned with the Justicar code, there was no honour in this for him, this did not make him a fiercer warrior that needed to protect House Renoux. This was a spectator sport, humiliation or hollow victories. Aito sighed deeply as he thought more on what it was truly about. Demonstrating that House Renoux was the strongest. That was why he was here, while others might hold back or might merely see it as a game. If he did well enough, if he won then House Renoux would be a step ahead of the others.

This was why he was selected to fight and not protect the nobles wandering the mazes. That was why he was here and not searching for Romin. Aito was a fighter. One of the best. His other skills were more creative, liberal arts as some might call it, fighting was something Aito always exceled at.

Stepping into fray, Aito looked around, the crowd were in high spirits and it was clear that there were others here to compete. Aito noted that there were several nobles, even one Lady Rexanne, she was likely to be seen by many as a dark horse. Unlikely to do well but Aito knew better than that. He knew the Lady would go far, or if she failed to do so, he would tease her endlessly during training. The others, Aito couldn't assess their skills in terms of fighting, at least not yet. He stood to one side, waiting to be challenged or for his challenger to be announced, then Aito would be ready to charge down and remove those in front of him.

Muunilist Mining Oligarch
Amnen.png

H O U S E • A M N E N

Spec.png

Objective: Mingle
Tags: Darius Amnen Darius Amnen Tyonna Amnen Tyonna Amnen Ulysses Renoux Ulysses Renoux Reggie Rau Reggie Rau

Untitled705_20230506114529.png
Maëlys mingled with some of the other spectators around the stands chatting to other members of the house. Including one ageing chap who, bless him, had probably told the same risqué joke to about every young attractive female under the canvas, related or not. He was harmless though, a lonely old Amnen elder who pined after the death of his wife. She let out a coy giggle of faux flattery and put her hand in his shoulder before excusing herself to circulate a little. Maëlys glanced over at her younger sister, Eden. The sixteen year old had begged to come along so she could be seen, she had hopes of becoming a model and would probably get what she wanted by the way she posed naturally with some of horses.

Not far away was Ulysses Renoux Ulysses Renoux and Reggie Rau Reggie Rau guests of great standing that she had not had the pleasure of interacting much with personally, she may introduce herself later. But right now she could see Darius Amnen Darius Amnen on his horse and retreating from him in her direction was Tyonna Amnen Tyonna Amnen with a face of discomfort on her. She reached for a flute of champagne and raised her eyebrow at the other woman as she offered her the drink. "I hope everything is OK, but either way, have a drink" she offered with a friendly tone.

She looked over the shoulder of Tyonna towards Darius Amnen Darius Amnen with curiosity. That was another person she needed to have a long chat with. A new leader often meant new priorities, a headstrong youth with desires for expansionism or development would mean a stepping up in production of the mines and Maëlys was quite keen on making sure he had the right encouragement in that direction.

Beyond that, she Maëlys was quite ready to enjoy the spectacle of the ganes surrounded by members of the different familes.

Comp.png

STORM
STANDS FOR NOW | MUUNILINST
TAG: Raze Raze | Aito | Leon Draco | Tolmeh Thorn Tolmeh Thorn
ENGAGING: Darius Amnen Darius Amnen (Soonᵀᴹ)
ARMOUR: xx

braxantdiv10.png

banner10.png

GHOST WOMAN AND THE HUNTER

He just materialised.

Ordering the boy to take her mount to the arena. In a swift movement, she spun around and flung a fist into his shoulder.
"Is it wise? Really? In front of everyone." she grumbled at him, dropping her helmet. "It's bad enough that my father knows I'm trained enough to take part. Then you humiliate me like that." She wasn't really angry. Keep the ruse. But still. She had pride, damnit.

But the irritation died down quickly as he started tightening some of her armour straps. His closeness was almost taunting and there wasn't a damn thing she could do about it. So she just watched him as he moved around her.
"Eyes on your target, always. The lance will be a distraction, but your opponent's movements will give away where it will hit you. Steady. Resolute."

She looked towards the arena.
"You trained me. You should have more faith in that training." she said gently as she looked back at him, but she still listened to him. Like she had always done despite their verbal sparring. Everything he had taught her, she had adopted it, taking it to heart. She even started adopting Aito's finesse with a blade lately because of Raze's teachings. The old man had started with her, but Raze had honed her into a razor-sharp edge. She'd be letting him down as much as herself and her House if she failed. She could not fail.

He brought her her helmet and she knew he stood a bit closer than was necessary.
"If we meet in combat, I will not hold back."
She took the helmet, allowing her gloved fingers to brush past his as she did so. Stealing innocent moments.
"I wouldn't expect you to, either. Just know, I won't be holding back either." She gave him a smirk before she pulled on her helmet. "Time to look at the draw, then." she said through the vocabulator. "See you later." With that she took off toward the arena and the draw lists.

The boy stood waiting for her with the black, clipped orbak mare and a series of electrolances. Roxy stood in front of the draws for a moment.
"Ty'darius Amnen." she said flatly. That was either really good or really bad. One more thing that was drilled into her - never underestimate your opponent. "Very well."

She walked towards her mount.
"What's her name?" she asked the boy, much more gently than when she initially addressed him, shoving her worry for her brother into a closet for the moment.
"Nyx, m'lady." he told her.
"She looks strong." Roxy said as she mounted up. "Don't fall asleep while standing here, all right?"
"Yes, m'lady."

Then she waited for her and Lord Amnen's list to be called.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom