Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species The Xarix

Status
Not open for further replies.
hRJzruLl.png
Unmasked - Male Xarix

Name: Xarix
Pronunciation: (Za - air - ix)
Designation: Sentient
Homeworld: Xaeron (Destroyed)
Language: Xarian
Average height of adults:
  • 7 Feet 11 Inches (Females)
  • 5 Feet 11 Inches (Males)

Skin color: Obsidian (Most Common) - Purple (Rare) - Black (Very Rare)
Hair color: Black
Breathes: Type 2

Strengths
  • Superhuman Strength (Females): One of the trademarks of the species are the level of inhumane strength displayed by their amazon-like females. A female Xarix is capable of psychical feats that put some of the strongest species to shame. Clocking in at about seven feet tall and weighing around 180kg (Without armor) these colossal females can lift objects ten times their weight almost effortlessly. Known for their devastating physical attacks and brute-like nature, female Xarix are the alphas of their species and tower over others with a sense of dominance and authority not many can match. Able to pick up objects weighing around 453 kg without breaking much of a sweat. Anything over that weight however and a Xarix would begin to show signs of struggle. With bodies built like tanks and muscles fabled to be as tough as Beskar (Myth not Fact) these ladies know how to bring the pain.

• Superhuman Speed (Males): The very opposite of the females of their species, Male Xarix are what some may consider...inferior to their opposite gender. The males anatomy is designed for speed and agility rather than brute strength and as a result they are made far more fragile and built with little to no muscle mass. Capable of reaching top speeds of 35kmh when at full sprint and are adept at acrobatics such as flipping, twisting and rolling. Making them annoying targets considering how they are always moving about and rarely holding still.

• Enhanced Endurance (Females): Biologically female Xarix are capable of withstanding physically stressful and exhausting activities for what may see like hours. Larger lunges, durable bones, and an affinity for combat. Females of the species are rarely burdened with exhaustion or fatigue. Making them perfect candidates for battles of attrition that are drawn out and mundane. Female Xarix have been known to last weeks on the battlefield before eventually keeling over from the physical and emotional stress.

• Enhanced Stealth (Males): Male Xarix, while not as tough or durable as their counter parts are rather skilled in the art of stealth almost to the point it becomes predator-like. Able to tip toe through areas unseen and unheard males make for good scouts or infiltrators. Males most often incorporate force powers such as force cloak and invisibility in order to get around undetected.

• Climbing: A common strength among both males and females of the species is the ability to scale things almost like spiders. Their sharp claws and the surface of their fingers have a chemical that allows them to stick to surfaces and climb walls, ceilings, and other flat surfaces with relative ease. Males even without this can climb structures because they have less weight to carry while females can achieve climbing through sheer physical prowess.

• Force Sight (Nightvision): A form of nightvision that is a dominant trait in both genders is rather...odd. The Xarix population are force sensitive but their connection can be spotty at times. Their eyesight is similar to that of an animal who has nightvison mixed with one who may be blind and uses The Force to see things around them. The species see the world through a luminescent purple lens. Things are are connected to the force (Via Force Sensitives) often appear to have different colored auras surrounding their bodies (Force Signatures). Signatures can appear red, blue, and ect. These signatures often leave faint trails that they can follow similar to that of a scent like wolves. However, as this is a form of night vision, it obviously works far better in the dark. During the day the force auras are often obscured by the bright lights be it the sun or well lit areas. They often have a hard time distinguishing between the two and thus during the day they wear lenses over their eyes that block out vibrant lights and make force signatures appear foggy and less distinct.

Weaknesses
  • Enhanced Strength (Females): The bigger they are, the harder they fall. This is exceptionally true with the females of this species. They may be bigger, stronger, and tougher than other species, but that plays against them when their opponent is fast and agile. While not as slow as slugs and reasonably fast themselves if you tell a tiger to catch a rabbit chances are there will be struggling. In a galaxy where foes wield bright plasma sticks of death and are flipping around all over the place the odds of a female being able to counter are very low. While a single hit from one of these brutes have been known to shatter bones, it won't help if they cannot hit their targets.

• Physical Weakness (Males): Their greatest gift can also be their greatest burden. Unlike their counter parts, Males are built like glass and as a result very fragile. While single hits have been known to put them down for good, their only advantage is their speed and stealth. Their bones are brittle, and most impacts can end their lives. Even their speed plays a part in this because they are not as long lasting as the females of their species. They can barely last a few days in battle rather than weeks.

• Sensitivity to Light: Since the species seeks the world best in the dark, the light burdens them greatly. Coming from a planet where the sun offered little to no form of light, the species has been known to keel over in blood curdling agony when exposed to vibrant light. This is the main reason they wear shield-like tinted lenses over their eyes that block out most forms of bright light while still keeping their vision somewhat intact. Flashbangs, focused beams of light, even fire can be crippling to the species should they not have their lenses.

• Feral This species, to put very bluntly. Are like animals. While they have order, society, and a culture they are still savages at heart and thus the idea of them fitting in amount 'normal' folk is not something that is often put to practice. They are brutal in battle and since they speak via growls, purrs, echoes and other similar sounds such as screeches. Not many prefer their company given their...obvious nature.

Distinctions:

• Four Arms (Females)
  • Large Size (Females)
  • Very Small (Male)
  • Flimsy (Male)
  • Four Vibrant Eyes
  • Heavily Armored
  • Feral Nature

Average Lifespan: 50 (Youngling) 100 (Teenager) 500 (Adult) 1000 (Seasoned) 5000+ (Elder)
Races: N/A
Estimated Population: 900'000
Diet:

• Meat: (Primary Consumption)

• Fruit & Vegetables: (Helps Digestive Track)

• Starch: (Harms Digestive Track)

• Sugary Foods: (Poisonous)

Communication: The Xarix, unlike most species have a distinct form of communication that is similar to that of animals considering they communicate socially via growls, screeches, purrs, roars, echoes and other primitive sounds. While most of these noises convey a specific mood or emotions, The Xarix do also have a highly complex language system that operates using the same noises just in different dialects and pitches. To other species it sounds like gibberish, but to The Xarix it allows them to have a more stable form of communication considering they have to be able to create and design ships which requires communication. Most Xarix carry around communicator droids that can translate their speech to other species.

Culture:

The Culture of the Xarix can be what some may call...eh, primitive. While they are not like most tribal cultures and do make use of some sophisticated technology, The Xarix much prefer the straight forward approach to things. Rarely ever beating around the bush or wasting time with things such as diplomacy and never making use of a real social order. The species lives by the rule of the strong rule over the weak. Which in their case is somewhat ironic due to a number of reasons.

Something that should be stated off the bat is that in Xarix culture, females dominate and control almost all affairs. Having a social structure similar to that of a wolf pack. Among the females there is a single one who is considered 'Queen'. Or 'Alpha'. And it is through her leadership the species survives as a whole. Other females are similar to 'Betas' for their physical prowess and strength keeps communities well fed and defended. The males of the species however are considered omegas and 'expendable'. Having little to no authority in their society.

However, despite their social structure. The Xarix have a...very odd outlook on life. First and foremost, they are attracted to the 'opposite' of what they are. Males, who are weak, fragile, and cowardly swoon over strong dominant females who are brutal, violent and wrathful. While on the other side Females who are strong, powerful, and demanding find the weakness in males irresistibly sexy and attractive. The more pathetic and weaker the male, the more a female would swoon over them. Mating rituals for the species goes one of two ways...either the males would display acts of sensitivity (Such as giving the female flowers) or other acts considered feminine. Or the females would court males through various acts of...endurance and strength. Once mates are chosen, they often stay together for life, and if one of the couple were to die the survivor may never find a mate again due to the emotional bonds Xarix tend to make.

Reproduction for the species works rather interestingly since females give birth to litters (Up to five at most). When Xarix are born, they remain in constant care of the mother who often guards them with such hostility that one may think they've gone mad. Xarix, by nature. Are extremely protective of their mates and even more so of their young.

While on the surface The Xarix can seem intimidating and rather savage, among their own and those they trust they are often seen as big softies. Female Xarix have been known to cradle their mates almost as if they were their young as a sign of affection.

The Xarix are also painfully loyal. They are loyal to ones friends, family, community, and allies. The word 'betray' does not exist in their vocabulary. While not very trusting of outsiders, once it is gained their loyalty is immortal and unless backstabbed they will always remain so. This is seen with their undying Loyalty Queen Sovereign since their family saved their species after their planet was destroyed.

Technology level: The Xarix have a level of technology similar to that of The Hutts or Raiders. While not the type to go building innovative pieces of technology they are rather satisfied with things like vibroblades, rifles, standard ships and other forms of primitive technology most would consider inferior.

General behavior: The Xarix are considered a much more savage and primitive then they are given credit for. Their social traditions and way of life have kept them isolated from the outside and as a result they tend to prefer the company of their own kind rather than other species. Their unwavering loyalty and dedication to family makes them extremely protective of their own. They rarely ever accept the company of an outsider unless they owe a debt or have made a promise. In the end. The Xarix represent the true meaning of Loyalty & Friendships for the bonds they make last forever.

History: The Xarix are a rather old species that have kept to themselves for most of their existence. Sticking to the far edges of the galaxy on their home planet until it was destroyed back during the great war over 800 years ago. Since then The Xarix have taken on a much more nomadic lifestyle and traveled the far reaches of space with the survivors of their planet that escaped on their fleet. Back then, their numbers were very small and remained near the 9000. But after the royal family of the planet Glyss offered the species a home on their planet the species was able to flourish once more and repopulate after the destruction of their planet.

The Xarix's way of life impacted the Andre'al significantly. Their views on loyalty and female played a major part in the development of the monarchy. Inspiring the quote 'A sovereign always pays her debts' which was derived from the Xarix and their devotion to always remaining loyal and paying back what they owe. As the years passed, The Xarix were eventually made into the elite fighting force of Glyss, making up a large majority of their military force. Serving as 'The Royal Army' for many decades until the planet was lost and the royal family was dethroned and forced to flee.

However, despite this. The Xarix also left with the royal family and abandoned glyss for their loyalty and devotion to the royal family was greater than their desire for a home planet. As a result, the took their fleet of ships and the entire species once again adopted the nomadic lifestyle as they traveled with the royal family through the far reaches of space. And it is by their side they will continue to be.

Notable Player-Characters: I would ask that anyone who wants to make this species PM @Lady Sovereign for permission to prevent them from being abused. Thank you for your understanding.

Intent: I wanted to create a special and somewhat unique species that could really add some depth to the side instead of using humans, echani and all that other common stuff. Plus, i'm a rebel. Making a species where females dominate and males are weak is a funny concept i've been wanting to play with for a while haha.

Nyx

Insert Hilarious Title Here
[member="Lady Sovereign"]
I like what you're doing here, it's a cool concept; so work with me and we can get this approved in no time.

Lady Sovereign said:
Current Home: N/A (Nomadic Fleet Colony)
Please do not deviate from the template. This can be explained under history.

Lady Sovereign said:
General behavior: Xarix are often seen as savage and violent given their outward nature but to those who have seen them within their own communities would see that they value loyalty, strength, and family above all else. Their feral nature simply makes other species jump to conclusions about them.
The last sentence is something about other species, bringing this description to just one sentence. I would like this fleshed out to a full paragraph, at least five full sentences.

Now for the big one.

Lady Sovereign said:
Superhuman Strength (Females): One of the trademarks of the species are the level of inhumane strength displayed by their amazon-like females. A female Xarix is capable of psychical feats that put some of the strongest species to shame. Clocking in at about seven feet tall and weighing around 180kg (Without armor) these colossal females can lift objects ten times their weight almost effortlessly. Known for their devastating physical attacks and brute-like nature, female Xarix are the alphas of their species and tower over others with a sense of dominance and authority not many can match. Able to pick up objects weighing around 1000lbs without breaking much of a sweat. Anything over that weight however and a Xarix would begin to show signs of struggle. With bodies built like tanks and muscles fabled to be as tough as Beskar (Myth not Fact) these ladies know how to bring the pain.

Lady Sovereign said:
Superhuman Speed (Males): The very opposite of the females of their species, Male Xarix are what some may consider...inferior to their opposite gender. The males anatomy is designed for speed and agility rather than brute strength and as a result they are made far more fragile and built with little to no muscle mass. Capable of reaching top speeds of 65kmh when at full sprint and are adept at acrobatics such as flipping, twisting and rolling. Making them annoying targets considering how they are always moving about and rarely holding still.
Both of these are insanely powerful. To the point of ridiculousness. I need you to scale this down, substantially. It's simply too easily abused as it is.

Tag me with edits.

Nyx

Insert Hilarious Title Here
Okay.
I will send this up to Pending with a strong warning not to abuse the female's strength, though I trust the writer not to do so.

Approved, Pending Secondary

Okay, I like how in depth you have gone into the description and culture of this species.

On a practical side, I do have a couple of points I would like your answers to.
  • No species is ‘private’. Anyone can make one of these, though admittedly it is extremely rare for people to use a custom species not their own. You can suggest they contact you, but you can’t make them.
  • In strength for the female you have a mix of metric and imperial measurements. Please make all measurements in metric. Specifically the 1000lb lifting capacity.

Finally, a discussion point.
  • I am concerned at the ability for a male and female pairing here to be extremely overpowered. Do you feel this is a problem, and how would you rectify it?

Valiens Nantaris said:
Okay, I like how in depth you have gone into the description and culture of this species.

On a practical side, I do have a couple of points I would like your answers to.
  • No species is ‘private’. Anyone can make one of these, though admittedly it is extremely rare for people to use a custom species not their own. You can suggest they contact you, but you can’t make them.
  • In strength for the female you have a mix of metric and imperial measurements. Please make all measurements in metric. Specifically the 1000lb lifting capacity.

Finally, a discussion point.
  • I am concerned at the ability for a male and female pairing here to be extremely overpowered. Do you feel this is a problem, and how would you rectify it?
Alright, i made the edits. And i wanted to make this species semi-private to prevent anyone from jumping onto this species and just abusing it. Put a lot of work into this sub and don't want it to be defiled by those who don't appropriate the work i put into it.

And as for the pairing. No, i can't say i see it as a problem given both of their weaknesses. Females might be super strong, but uhhhh...there are dozens of species approved that are ten times bigger and stronger. While they may not have the pairing this one does, i doubt anyone is going to be making a Male Xarix. Besides, the sensitivity to light is another weakness stacked onto their already physical weaknesses.

Males go down in a couple of hits cause they are built like glass. Females are designed for brute strength but can't keep up with a Jedi who specializes in Ataru or Force speed. So i'd like to think i made this well balanced.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom