Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location The Wyyrlok Solusar College of the Force

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
this-is-what-cornells-futuristic-nyc-tech-campus-will-look-like.jpg

Intent: To flesh out the academic study of the Force and provide a new source of roleplay opportunities and backgrounds for SW: Chaos
​Image Credit: Cornell Tech Concept Art
Canon: N/A
Links: Dr. Vael Themasa, Dean
SETTING INFORMATION

Structure Name:
The Wyyrlok-Solusar College of the Force
Classification: University
Affiliation: A school linked to the university of Obroa-Skai
Accessibility: The physical location of the Wyyrlok-Solusar College of the Force is a closely guarded secret, as their are reasonable fears that militant factions of both the Sith and the Jedi may find it a desirable target. It’s not lucky enough to be a “One hyperlane in, one hyperlane out” type system, and has a few entrances, but these are watched carefully in case students need to be evacuated. Once in the system there are a few landing pads within walking distance of the university. There are multiple points of ingress/egress into the college, most requiring scanning a university ID to enter. Once on campus most rooms are available, save for professor’s offices, dorm rooms, and labs, all of which require relevant credentials.

Description:
Wyyrlok-Solusar is a member college of the University of Obroa-Skai, similar to how a college of engineering or liberal arts is part of the University. For various political and safety concerns the decision was made not to have the campus at Obroa-Skai, instead at Osseriton, a planet only remarkable for how out of the way it is. Physically the structure is robust and modern, but not overwhelming. It is intended to handle, at the very most, a couple thousand students. There are a myriad of class rooms, multiple training dojos, a few labs dedicated to monitoring biological reactions to Force Use, a couple of alchemy labs, a couple of healing labs, a gym, an archive and several other rooms and buildings meant to help provide the absolute best research and teaching opportunities for Force Users available.

POINTS OF INTEREST:
Training Dojo
dojo.jpg

image credit

Infirmary
270f9f6e75b06bb3300e3ceb45769644.jpg

image credit

Alchemy Lab
0398d086351cb6ec53639b41a8c6c8f8.jpg

]Image Credit

Archive(Top Floor)
201202290106-550x305.jpg

Image Credit
Gym
futuristic-equipment.jpeg

Image Credit

SECURITY
Medium(Ground)
Several students(perhaps a couple hundred) obtain part-time jobs as security for the University, and are usually given a Ssi-Ruuvi Stun Bolt armed pistol or rifle, which they must turn in once off-duty.
While the Faculty are not hired for the purpose of security, the large majority of them are Master level Force Users(1 dozen NPCs Masters plus PC's. ), and they do swear an oath to help their students develop academically and keep them safe.
While not intended for security purposes, there are several training droids on campus that the Dean may override safety protocols of and mobilize.
Minor encryptions on doors at the college entrances, tougher(but not military grade) encryptions on professor’s offices and laboratories.
Low(Space/Air)
A small complements of Point-Defense batteries
Faculty/Staff’s personal starships.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION:
The Wyyrlok-Solusar College of the Force was commissioned in the last three years, and the buildings are just now ready to take in students. Most faculty have been in for the last year or two, readying their courses, preparing labs, laying down roots, and taking trips out to recruit for students. The first batch of students, whether bachelors, or post-graduates, will begin in the next semester. Ultimately, Wyrrlok-Solusar’s history is just beginning.

[member=Valik]

Cool idea, but I need you to tweak some things before I can stamp this.

The link here is broken, you might want to fix that.

The location currently links to the codex submission of Vael, so I think something happened there with those two fields.

Affiliation: A school linked to the university of Obroa-Skai
I am assuming there isn't a wikia page or a codex sub for the university, but if you hyperlink to the planet here, that will be fine.

POINTS OF INTEREST:
A handful of your images here are credited to pinterest. This isn't usually a source the Codex accepts, because anyone can make a pin and doesn't actually link to the artist or actual source of the image. If you can replace them for pages where the images are, preferably original artists links that would be good here.

Also your archive point of interest doesn't seem to have a source attached to it at all?

While the Faculty(2-3 dozen sentients) are not hired for the purpose of security, the large majority of them are Master level Force Users
I need a hard number on how many Masters this place has, because Master-rank forcers are regulated pretty seriously in the Codex.

Tag me once these things have been tweaked and I will take another look.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
@Jarius Starvald

Broken/missing links fixed. Pinterest links replaced.

Jairus Starvald said:
I need a hard number on how many Masters this place has, because Master-rank forcers are regulated pretty seriously in the Codex.

Tag me once these things have been tweaked and I will take another look.
This is certainly understandable. How does a hard-cap of Two Dozen NPC's plus any PC's sound?

[member="Valik"]

After discussing it with the rest of the Codex team we would be comfortable with a hard cap of 12 NPC masters plus any PCs. With the understanding that these people are still NPCs, not almighty and the usual gist. Let me know if that works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom