Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Witch and the Lord

31.jpg

Coruscant
The message had been sent with one of her Sith familiars, the shadowy raven seeking out its designated recipient when they were otherwise not engaged in other business or within prying eyes. It had been a simple message, a request to meet that seemed to be long overdue now. It would certainly be a meeting that could very well influence her own plans in the coming weeks and months as war once again rose up within the galaxy.

She had chosen a small pedwalk within the Senate District for the location, with a balcony escarpment that provided what would be a breathtaking vista of the surrounding cityscape. Garbed in dark traveling robes to appear somewhat inconspicuous to possible passersby, her presence wrapped tightly in the mundane to fool the senses of Force users, although they would need to get past her hidden security team, she waited to see if the man would come or not. A book lay open in her lap, ancient runes etched into fading parchment that detailed some ritual from Malachor, another notebook to her side with the pen she had been taking notes in.

The last few times she had wanted to gauge Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis for herself had been less than ideal. The first had been the gathering at Mustafar that had so conveniently been attacked by Mandalorians aligned with the New Imperial Order just after their host declared himself the new Dark Lord, a circumstance that normally she would take rather personally if he had designed it to be a massacre of potential rivals. And the second had been recently at Korriban where she had observed his renewal and attempt to gain the power to alter reality itself and learned a far more interesting piece of information... well confirmed it more than learned it anew, but that was besides the point.

Pricking her finger with the blood pen, she added a few more notes and continued to wait.

ChVAW7n.png

3737.jpg

DARK LORD OF THE SITH | VOICE OF THE MAW
Senate District, Coruscant

Peace is a Lie

The Grand Plan of the Sith progressed by the hour, the New Sith Order’s manipulations of the Senate, the SIA, and the New Imperial Assembly had accelerated their journey on the path to Sith dominance once more. The Sith were not a nation they were an ideology, one reforged in the fires of trial and tribulation again and again. His actions, his destiny had been to correct the Great Error that had been grossly allowed to fester. The purge and shattering of the Sith Order at the height of the Great Schism had been a necessity. One that had allowed for the birth of a new, stronger Sith Order, a subsequent rebirth that had accidentally led to the fulfillment of prophecy. The crux of achievement and the life’s long work of Darth Vinaze Darth Vinaze even beyond the grave. The Pursuit of Sith’ari.

So it was by surprise that he received a message from the familiar belonging to the Sith Master Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf , one who’s allegiance had been with that of the Sith Empire and her own scholarly pursuits. She had been a master of subterfuge and sorcery, a true Dark Lord of the Sith in all but title in her own right.

A mother of monsters.

With that said, normally he’d greet any member of the Old Sith remnants with an ignited blade in hand, he would meet with Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf out of respect for her achievement and for her generous open communication. Since Korriban many had known of his true identity, yet due to the machinations within the Senate any further action against him would be seen as simply slander or a tool by the New Jedi Order to diminish his influence. Darth Arcanix had been there when he cast aside his former physical frailties, when he burned away all his limitations into a fine ash and emerged from the veil of the Dark Side itself anew.

She could of acted against him for what little benefit it would gain, yet she stayed her hand. Seeking to speak instead to the Dark Lord of the Sith on neutral ground, the playground of both Sith Masters who thrived in the political arena where they twirled their fingers and made dance the marionettes. So it was, he came in the robes of his senatorial facade. His presence and foreboding features masked by works alchemical, he came alone, unarmed but far from defenseless. The Dark Lord approached the shrouded figure who seemed focused within the confines of her tome, writing in blood.

Eyah seh maat, shu kan arad-du. You desired to speak to me?”

New_Sith_Order_Banner_Final.png

She didn't look up from her work as the man approached, she knew it was him. All she did as she worked on transcribing the tome on her lap was to quietly gesture to the seat next to her for the proclaimed Dark Lord to take. There was a quiet gesture there, to Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis , and she was sure she didn't need to explain what it was to both a Master of the dark side and a Senator. The tome, a treatise by the ancient Sith Lady XoXaan, had been recently recovered and she was fascinated by the work the long-deceased Sith had put into creating her Yoke of Seeming. Such a complicated ritual and alchemizing process.

"I've found that the ambiance of Coruscant is quite relaxing when one is working on transcriptions," she said. "When I was an Acolyte here under the One Sith two decades ago, and my Master was otherwise engaged in her experiments and hedonistic pursuits, I would occasionally come to this balcony to just sit and quietly work." She carefully cleaned the pen of her blood and set it and the soiled cloth aside, closing the tome and her notebook.

"I've been wanting to speak with you for some time, particularly since the destruction of Csilla, but just never seemed to be an opportune time for it. First Mustafar being attacked by Manadalorians, such a surprise there, and then in the catacombs of Korriban with your ritual and fighting against your nephew and his entourage. Neither is a good situation for an engaging conversation."

She turned to slightly face him on the bench.

"So, here we are, with no distracting outside forces to interrupt this time. I've been curious about the workings of that mind of yours and the belief system you've constructed for your New Sith. Perhaps you can explain them a little better than what I've seen besides screaming and murderous cultists that you co-opted into a wave of death and destruction in the Unknown Regions."

ChVAW7n.png

3737.jpg

Peace is a Lie

The Dark Lord smiled with cold grimace, his robes flowing forth in the gentle breeze of the Coruscanti skyline. He sat next to the Sith Lord and nodded in recollection of his own, “It always reminded me of home, in the heart of Odessa.”

A smirk emerged from the corner of his lips as he gazed out into the horizon at the wondrous spires and expansive cityscape. “Ah yes, who could forget the One Sith. I remember surviving their sacking of our temple. I remember fighting in the streets, saber in hand brother beside brother as we returned Jedi Lords in Cyril Grayson’s counter attack. I remember the Dark Lord worming into my brain with whispers dark and unrepeatable as I butchered my friends under a spell I didn’t understand. Memoirs of a troubled man, a different man, a dead man. I killed him along with his memories when Solipsis was born in the fires of tribulation.”

His blue eyes faded as the glowing sulfuric hues burned out from beneath the alchemical mask. His head turned to face the Sith Lord beside him with a cruel smile of understanding. “Csilla. Ah yes, there is much to be said on the matter. A great design of my own still in the works that required it’s destruction… Mustafar on the other hand had been a necessity in order to correct the Great Error. The beginning of the purge, the flight of theWorm, and the arrival of the Mandalorians which was no accident. It was a way to keep in the cowards who would flee our wrath.”

She turned to slightly face him on the bench. They now faced each other, finally meeting face to face after so many encounters and a rich history across many worlds. He was pleasantly surprised to hear what came next,

“The Brotherhood of the Maw is a means to an end, a beneficial means that has thus far proven far more effective at achieving the Grand Plan than the smoldering ruins of the Eternal or the besieged remnants of the Empire. It is an army of Darksiders of varying faiths, who’s legion of devoted, bloodthirsty warriors willingly do whatever it takes to bring about their master’s vision to fruition. Believers in the coming dawn, the Final Dawn.”

His eyes trailed off once more toward the skyline with a small chuckle, he smiled out into the shadow with dark grimace.

“The Sith have been brought low, too long have they sat in complacency, bloated with power. Complacency breeds Weakness. Weakness begets Defiance. And so their high tower crumbled with the advent of schism. The Dark Side had become too diluted, so desperately needing concentrated into the few. The Sith Schism proved that our order could not be mended, it needed destroyed.

So we made sure it was so. In the fires of tribulation we created a new order, a better order.

The New Sith Order was founded on the principles of the Banite Sith, the Ancient Sith, the Rule of Few, and begrudgingly aspects from the One Sith. In a galaxy where the Rule of Two can no longer sustain the Grand Plan and the Rule of Order merely stagnates progress. The success of these New Sith would be their adaptability and devotion to the Grand Plan as well as their strict adherence to the Code of the Sith. No longer do they follow masters or self titled ‘Emperors’ out of blind loyalty. The New Sith Order continually evolves, each position earned by rightful claim in the recognition of the Banite methodology. You keep what you kill, the title of Sith Lord cannot be claimed without taking it from another. The apprentice destined to succeed their master or die trying, only one can survive. The Sith stay numbered well but limited, the Dark Side shrugging off the blight upon it as their presence is felt everywhere. They become shadows that blend into influential bodies with the goal of corruption from within. As you already have seen. An ideal you most of all would be familiar with no?”

He lifted his hand in gesture,
“The New Sith Order is beyond the Brotherhood, they are in the Alliance, they are in the Imperials, they move events toward a common goal.. they are an idea..”

Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf

She would allow him to speak without interrupting, but she caught the appreciated look when she stated she knew he had co-opted the Maw. It wasn't a hard scenario to leap to; the Maw before Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis would have barely been a nuisance for the civilized parts of the galaxy, raiders and killers lurking the shadows for an opportunistic kill or theft. But then Solipsis had given them religion, a leader that could show them deeper depths of darkness and death, to sow fear and harness power.

They likely didn't know that, in the end, they were the disposable pawns on the chess board and a loose end that would be tied up once his goal was complete.

She wouldn't interrupt him as he spoke upon his New Sith Order, the followers he had gathered that spread his will through the galaxy and directed the Maw towards his ends. An adaption of the Banite philosophy, but on a larger scale. Interesting. It would breed strength through the pairings of Masters and Apprentices, creating individual cycles of holding and craving power that fed into the whole. And she did gift him a smile as he spoke on her... experience of corrupting a power from within, of influencing and manipulating events to bring about the end of the enemies of the Sith. Operation Eclipse and the destruction of the first Galactic Alliance, and her infiltration of the first New Jedi Order all the way to the rank of their Grand Marshal had been masterpieces. It had certainly her a reputation besides her achievements in the arts of Sith alchemy and sorcery.

"The Sith have always been an idea, same with the Jedi. It's why it's always so difficult to stamp out either Order," she responded quietly once he had finished. "Although we have always been more... adaptive, less rooted in tradition and more focused on learning from the failures of the previous iterations of the Sith Order."

She turned her gaze to the Coruscanti skyline. For a moment, an image of it engulfed in war yet again came to her... and then it was gone.

"Extrapolating your philosophy as a whole, you believe that your New Sith Order are the rightful successor to achieving the Grand Plan, victors in the schism that occurred within the Sith when the New Imperial Order was born," she continued, musing aloud, structuring her thoughts. "I can understand why you might think so. The New Sith, through the Maw, are the most visible and outwardly powerful galactic faction aligned with Dark Side. You've infiltrated the two powers that brought low the Tenth Sith Empire, weak as it was from division and stagnation, even contributing to the decline by striking at Felucia and Thule, manipulating events to weaken both powers to a degree. I would assume an agent of yours was responsible for the death of Imperator Tavlar, and I know for fact you are behind the Senate's push to investigate and constrain the movements of the New Jedi Order. I've been watching."

There would be the hint of approval in her voice as she spoke, a gesture of respect to what Solipsis had accomplished thus far. She would not hint at how she had eyes and ears in the Senate, not even Kaine knew exactly how she was embedded within it.

"However," she added, once again turning her gaze to him, purple eyes meeting amber, "it is a belief that is flawed. Perhaps you already know why, or would you care for me to explain my point of view as to why I believe so at present?"

ChVAW7n.png

3737.jpg

Peace is a Lie

The Dark Lord chuckled aloud, his hands clasped together and exploded outward as he gave the infamous Sith Lord a warm smile of approval.

“There is no question they are the rightful successors. Victors of the Sith Schism between the various feuding powers. When we challenged all who arrived at the Great Gathering, most of the various ilk fled or turned away from the sacred tradition of Kaggath. Even your Worm Emperor fled in fear of death or dishonor.”

His hand raised in gesture as he spoke further, “When we struck at Thule we split the Empire in two. When we rose from the fires of Felucia we decimated supply lines, resources, and ninety percent of it’s territories with a single death blow and watched as the Worm Cult toppled. What few believers still existed, the weak, the feeble, fled into the Unknown with their leader.”

His pupils gleaned with sulfuric hate, his eyes glistening from the saturated influence of the Dark Side upon him.

“Korriban, we fought both the remnants of the old shattered order and the amassed forces of Light itself.. and won. Then came Tavlar, and soon..”

The Dark Lord paused, his eyes looking away for a mere moment before flickering back to meet the Sith Master’s own.

“The New Sith Order is the Sith reborn, it is not the Rule of Two, the Rule of Order, nor is it the ideals of a single man. It will adapt, it will evolve and become something different when it too fails and buckles. Such is our nature, until we attain perfection we must continually evolve or be discarded. The fat always cut from the lean.”

The Elder lowered his hand to his lap, his eyes stilled fixated upon hers. “If you wish, indulge me. I’d also like to get the root, to the heart of it all. What do you wish from me?”

Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf

She sensed conviction behind the words as Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis spelled out why he believed they had triumphed in the schism of the Sith. He believed it was fear and weakness that had made the Sith he had challenged refuse to face him in Kaggath, that he and his followers had cleaved the Sith Empire in two and broke the fledgling state of the Worm from Korriban. She heard the satisfaction in his voice when he mentioned Tavlar, and she caught the brief flicker of his gaze as it moved pass to the city beyond. Yes, she had been right after all. And she gave him a small smile as he did say he would indulge her and the more important question of what she might want from him.

It wasn't nearly so simple as that.

"Before I get to the question of what I might want, I will indulge the educator's prerogative," she said in response. "You claim victory in the schism, and lay out your reasonings well for why you believe as such. Misguided reasonings, but reasonings nonetheless. I'll counter you point for point as any good debate should."

She held up one finger.

"Point number one, you believe that those who came to the Great Gathering refused your challenge out of fear or weakness. I would argue otherwise, and it is an argument that you likely won't find to your liking. The other prominent Sith of this current cycle don't view you as a credible challenger to the title. They see a fallen Jedi scrambling for glory and recognition by claiming the Sith title, someone they view as beneath them. Why would they bother with this upstart when more important work is needed doing. As an aside, you also would have violated the law of Kaggath as you manipulated the Mandalorians that served alongside the New Imperials to attack the gathering and did not use your own power base, but that's a minor quibble in this day and age."

She held a second finger.

Point number two, which does tie into your first point. Your attacks on Thule and Felucia that were successful, which would lend credence to your previous statement that the old orders were defeated. One could argue, in the case of Thule, that you were merely an opportunistic scavenger gliding off the back of a string of New Imperial victories as they pushed their way through Sith space. Felucia is a more clear victory, I'll give you that, but both victories have a major flaw in them. What major Sith Lords did you defeat in those battles? The only member of the Dark Council, post the split between the New Imperials and Sith Empire, that died in battle was Adrian Vandiir, and he was killed in a battle with the New Imperials."

She shifted her robes for a moment before continuing.

"By the time of your attack on Thule, many of the major Sith Lords knew the Empire was on the verge of collapse. We pulled our own forces back, secreted them away or defended more important planets such as Ziost. The bulk of the Sith-Imperial military that was left were not present on Thule and were already following orders from Carnifex to begin regrouping at designated rendezvous points for the inevitable end, and the Worm hadn't yet built a strong enough military to really be a major power when the attack fell on Felucia, which was also admittedly going through its own schism as Darth Vulcanus and his Graug waged war on the rest because we wouldn't just hand him the planet. So one could also argue you took advantage of that as well, but I digress."

A third finger.

"Point number three, more recent events. The battle at Korriban where you revitalized yourself and revealed the existence of a second superweapon, no doubt planning to use it to destroy the planet as part of the Maw's philosophy of burning down the old to make way for the new. Your ritual succeeded in giving you a new, younger body and I suspect that your forces pilfered some artifacts, and you did hold off your nephew and the Alliance forces present in the theater. I will give you that, but I will also add the Alliance forces in the Stygian Caldera were a spent force after the battles on Ziost and your nephew had also been repulsed from that world too. I should know because Ziost is mine. And I will certainly congratulate you on successfully assassinating Imperator Tavlar, but I would also argue you played your hand too soon. Your infiltrator there, I honestly forget the name, is no longer in position to either influence or cause trouble there. Now a new Imperator, one that is Force Sensitive and every bit as ruthless as his predecessor, has taken command."

She turned her attention back to the city.

"I will be perfectly blunt and say this, and I doubt you'll agree with it, but... you didn't win the schism. Even now, after all your victories in the Unknown Regions and your achievements here in the Alliance and the New Imperial Order, the other Sith, the ones you deride as weak or fearful, don't view you as legitimate. You're a distraction for the galaxy, an angry mob screaming and burning as it goes, while the rest of us continue our own work and plans. Consider this. Your New Sith Order does not have the teachers or masters it needed for those that claim their titles of Sith Lord. I was curious and went to Jakku when your forces attacked, just to observe, and I was very disappointed to see what passed as a strain of Sithspawn in your new order, and I've seen the reports of use of chrysalides." She sighed for dramatic effect. "Your alchemists are maybe on par with my second year students at the Sorzus Academy, maybe a third year with whoever created the chrysalides. But perhaps that is just my academic nature coming out. Regardless, this point stand as thus: Not a single major Sith Lord in this galaxy, anyone that could lend you some credibility to the others, to show your strength and ability to dominate or persuade them you are right, besides Kaine at Csilla, has joined your New Sith Order"

She finally turned back to give him a small smile again, one tinged with some sympathy, and said, "Perhaps a better question to ask, instead of what I want from you, is what do you want from me?"

ChVAW7n.png

3737.jpg

Peace is a Lie

Ah he could see it now.

Jealousy.

The Dark Lord chuckled under his breath, his eyes looking on with satisfaction at the wroth Sith Lord before him. “Well isn’t that the Quacta calling Stifling slimy.” His bare smile made no illusion to the humor he found in the Sith Master’s ‘examples’ and obvious attempts at copium.

“I find it rather amusing that you accuse me of being a vulture when I attack from the front, at any enemy who can prepare for my coming… a weak enemy who by our teachings alone deserved no better by allowing themselves to grow so weak. You were on their Dark Council, how concerning.”

His smile spread wide across his lips, taking pleasure in the moment.

“You join the remnants of a force shattered in one blow who mimic idea after idea of another and another. First the Warlords, then the Empire, and now the New Sith Order. A force so bare and sparse that it holds no less than maybe a dozen Sith. The New Sith Order has become the largest body of Sith in the galaxy. Darth Mori, Darth Vinaze Darth Vinaze , Khamul Kryze Khamul Kryze , Darth Bellum Darth Bellum , just a few noteworthy names compared to what? You and Kaine? Spare me.”

He rose from his seat, stretching as he came to his feet before straightening his robe. “Tavlar was a problem. Fel on the other hand is a solution to a festering wound you could not deal with yourself, you should always stay two steps ahead. Perhaps when you build a new empire, if you do. You’ll teach that to your supposed students, ones not six feet under with the worms on Ziost. Let me know how your great work progresses I’ll try not to smash it again when it becomes relevant.”

With that the Dark Lord took his leave, he would see her on the battlefield.

“I see that there is little more to discuss. Find me if you come to reason or wish to take this dispute further. Perhaps into Kaggath.”

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom