Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Whispers of Shadows

Planet: Eriadu

One gloved hand pressed against a wall of an alleyway. The ragged, heaving breath of a figure bent over was all that filled the avoid besides that of city noise. The lower third of Raven's mask had snapped open a minute ago to allow the Pantoran to suck in and release one breath after another. Most of her weight was pressed into the wall through her extended arm, which kept her upright.

Don't tell me you didn't enjoy that.

A mixture of searing flame and euphoria alike burned its way through her veins. Her heart felt like it might burst its way out of her chest and through her armor. Intellectually she wanted to tell the damn haunt off, but as the pain began to subside -- or perhaps she simply became numb to it -- a faint laugh broke its way through and under one of her deep, airy exchanges.

Less than half a minutes later the helm snapped back together and Raven managed to push off from the wall. They were here for a reason. Time to see it done.

We'll have another before we leave.

The Pantoran didn't look back at the husk they left behind. With the roll of her left shoulder, the armored woman set off toward the palace. Nothing like devouring the Force out of someone to tide her over. Tide it over. Tide the Living Darkness over, yes. What did Raven need with consuming someone's lifeforce, after all?

Why don't you ask the man back there?

"I'm here to see Marquis Credius Nargath," Raven announced as she approached the gate.

With the mask still firmly in place, the Marquis guards would be immediately suspicious. One even drew their blaster and pointed at her as they commanded her to stop. Ordinarily she might even comply. After all, hadn't she always played by the rules before? Been a good citizen? Even obeyed her Master's horrors in her baptism in darkness? Gone on missions with Outer Rim Coalition members seeking to make the world a 'better' place? But right there, right now, Raven didn't feel like being a good girl. She felt like massacring each and every one of them before her eyes.

And why shouldn't you?

The helmet lifted and tilted back ever so slightly as Raven felt the darkness flow through her. Both hands opened at her sides and the blasters of both guards were torn from their possession. The Force wound tightly about them, curling ever inward until the metal began to twist and bend. In only a few seconds they were nothing more than a ruined ball of metal with power pack fluids leaking from it.

Both were tossed behind her into the distance to explode in relatively small clouds of death. "I said I am here to see Marquis Credius Nargath." And if they would not send for him to seek his permission to enter then Raven would let herself in. His gates did not look so formidable they too could not be destroyed with but a thought.

Tag: [member="Credius Nargath"]​

From his desk, calmly looking at the flowing, liquid sphere of electrum, the marquis was contemplating what to do next. With his hands pressed together, almost as if he was praying, his white eyes peering into something beyond the very walls of his study, his palace. For a moment he closed his eyes, grinning slightly. "She's here..."

Slowly, the tall human man rose from his seat, walking towards the sidewall of the study, letting his hand slip by a portret, the sound of metal and hydraulics filling the room as a wall slid shut when he left the study. Passing through the corridor outside his study, the marquis swung his cloak around his shoulders, clasping together the metals clasps and chain on his chest, lightly touching the family jewel.

With a steady and strong pace, the nobleman passed through the halls, noticing the men and women of the standard security detailpractically run amoc, in a state of panic. They seemed to come from the front gates of the estate. For a moment, Credius wondered if he should've sent the Houseguard out to support him, but swiftly decided against it, knowing that thought they were strong, his houseguard would not be able to deal with this particularly, unorthodox user of the dark side of the force. His grin widened, grew more sinister with each step towards the exit. With his force cloak and suppression in place, th marquis walked towards the gates of the palace, motioning a single member of the security detail to go to the gatehouse to open the gates.

"I implore you not to do anything to this gate...it cost me quite a few credits, madame," Credius looked at the masked woman, showing a gentle smile as he approached her with an air of unshaken confidence. Taking a few steps into her direction, the marquis waited for the gates to slide open when the member of the regular security detail managed to unlock the mechanism. For a moment, Credius tilted his head a bit to the left while observing this young ward that had come to his gates, killing two members of the regular security detail in what could only be described as quite the brutal fashion. "Pity...that's going to cost me some credits. Ah well... it does make for a good assesment on their competence."

Chuckling a bit, the marquis motioned the masked woman to come in, giving her a courteous bow before leading the way. "I almost thought you wouldn't be coming... do tell me if you need anything. After all...I know you did come her to find something...or maybe someone...but something at the very least."

[member="Raven Ashe"]

If the Force cloak did not dampen the man's own senses, he would quite easily feel the Dark Side as it churned around and rolled off of the armored woman before him. It ebbed and flowed as a living thing more than any adherent of the 'Living Force' would even expect. But then they didn't expect a Force Demon -- yes, a monster of some Nether plane Raven had once snarled -- to plague a person did they? No, they believed the Force sought balance, peace, and order. With the beast whispering in her ear every second of every day for... Raven had lost count, but if it was of the Force then everyone was dead wrong. It wanted chaos. Entropy. To feast on the living and the conflict that inevitably followed for survival.

It was a monster, and in order to survive perhaps she needed to become a monster herself. Or had that 'helpful' Sith Lord led her here for a different path?

She was silent as the man called upon her good sense not to destroy his gate, and lamented the mild damage already done to his property. And it had been mild.

Far too mild.

At his invitation, the Pantoran strode onto his property. It was so nice to know the man knew she was coming. Had good relations with the Sith did he? To think someone this far from their Empire played with monsters when there were some among the Confederacy, and they were much closer.

Speaking of whom, why had she come?

Yes, why did you?

She could have sought the Confederate Masters out if she'd wanted company. Instead she'd gone to the Outer Rim in case something happened. In case the storm she kept precariously bottled within escaped.

As they walked, the man asked a question. The only thing that truly mattered. "I am a lightning rod tossed about a storm that consumes entire worlds," Raven's replied. Her synthesized voice was feminine, but the Pantoran accent masked by the vocalizer. "With every strike, I grow stronger. As does the storm. One of us will live. The other will die -- along with everyone around us. So, Marquis," the helmet turned to fix is hollow gaze upon him at last, "would I find anything or anyone here to help me?" Given the cloak he wore, she had not understanding of his abilities. He felt like any other ordinary person. What use could he possibly be? The Sith Lord had to have been joking. They were a very funny people.

Perhaps it was the Eriaduan tradition for their natives to survive harsh trials before attaining adulthood, perhaps it was simply in the man's very nature, but the Marquis did not show hesitation or some sort of distancing, he seemed to walk around without a care. His pace was strong, long and confident, as to be expected from a high ranking noble as himself, but still somewhat strange, especially after having witnessed the remains of two members of his security personel being rendered to nothing more than compressed clumps of flesh and metal. However, his pace stopped entirely when the armored and masked woman suddenly dignified herself to explain herself, her reason for being there and...apparently lifting the tip of the veil on her own desires.

"A lightning rod tossed about in a storm, hmm," The man sighed a bit, not showing wether or not he appreciated her metaphor or how she seemed to look at herself, simply shaking his head a bit whn trying to wrap his head around her analogy. "That's a rather blunt and somewhat...brutish way of viewing yourself and the life you lead. Violence when directed at others or even oneself thoughtlessly...is nothing more than violence, destructive and pointless, leading to nothing but a swift end."

Raising his hand to his mouth, the man touched his lips for a moment with an outstretched index finger, seemingly pondering over a few things before finally looking at the woman, almost peering through the mask she was wearing. His lips curled into a feint grin, his eyes glimmering with an expression of understanding and wisdom. "Only one with great pain and suffering in their heart would make such an analogy of themselves, but while pain and suffering may make you strong, it does not make you powerful," Turning around, the marquis started walking again, holding his hands behind his back as he did so. "Though you think of yourself as someone wielding great power, you are unrefined, lacking anything besides strength...that much I gathered from simply hearing your words. You may have ambition, you may have strength, but not power...power is more...more impactful, power is a manifestation of all aspects in which you can force your will upon others. Be it in politics, in economics or even...the force. What is strength when you are weakwilled, when you lack the vision and the will to use that strength? Nothing, strength is a tool to gain power, but not power itself, madame."

Halting yet again, the man turned around to face Raven once more, showing a feint smile on his face, while motioning the woman to enter through a door next to which he was standing. "When you pass through these doors, you will voluntarily offer yourself to my teachings, my knowledge, my power. So... do decide what you want...carefully."

Beyond the sliding metal door, there would be but a large empty room, filled with polished, mirroring chromium, almost forcing people to see themselves tenfold within a single glance. It was a rather off putting and strangely sinister room; with a deep and dense feeling of dread and despair wafting within its confines.

[member="Raven Ashe"]​

Raven didn't reply immediately, but her thoughts and body language practically screamed 'why do you think I said that?' Even the mask hid the painful sharpness of her eyes in that moment. It was pointless. All of it. The Living Darkness latched on to her toyed with her. It enjoyed every moment of making her suffer whether by senseless slaughter, or whispers of horrors and terrors that only Sith Lords might enjoy. She'd accepted an offer to learn how to use the Force because why not? A once in a lifetime chance to explore something truly ancient and truly powerful. It had been there or return to eking out a living fulfilling some rich, pompous fool's little treasure hunts. So of course she'd said yes. And now, by some unholy means, this...thing latched on to her and refused to let go. Refused to end the farce. She was forced to grow stronger because her only other option would be to kill herself, and that was not happening.

Think I wield great power? The shadow within stirred in a fashion Raven considered 'lalughter.' I am power. Let me consume a few more Knights or Masters, and I will let the galaxy know of my return.

It always said that. It always claimed to have been a terror of the Ages long, long ago. Weakened from imprisonment it would grow stronger and then spread through the galaxy. The number of times Raven had heard that bluster was staggering.

So this Marquis considered her 'Strong' but not 'Powerful,' did he? It might surprise Credius to know Raven agreed. She did not feel powerful. If she were then the Darkness within would not be terrorizing her, she would be terrorizing and controlling it. Unfortunately, despite Raven knowing how to delve into ancient tombs without being slaughtered by traps and ghosts, she was not blessed with some innate understanding of the Force. She needed someone to help her understand. Her Master had begun her down the path, but there was a long road still ahead.

At last, presented with a choice, Raven met the Marquis' gaze where they stood. "Be certain I am a monster you are willing to keep under your roof, before my decision is made. This is not ego. One day you will see the manifestation of the evil that is with me."

Yes. If only he possessed the Force, he would see me as I devoured his soul.

Raven let the tension in her body go. The softest sigh escaped her lips. It was the Marquis' choice if he welcomed her after all she'd said. The warnings had been given. What he hoped to accomplish -- what 'teachings' he would impart -- she couldn't imagine. Just like she couldn't imagine what Darth Animus had intended or meant by offering her training in the Dark Side and to become his apprentice. Or how the Fall of Pantora would release a monster she'd only thought was a fairy tale of her ancestors. So this too would carry unintended consequences. This too would be a burden full of endless horror and suffering. That was her life now, wasn't it? There was no turning back. No one there to tell her everything would be all right, and that they would be there to help her. Everyone was in it for themselves. For a purpose. Even this Marquis had plans for the woman that had showed up on his doorstep.

Her fingers slid along the polished copper-like finish of her saber before the cylinder was drawn forth, but not ignited. Raven strode forward without another word.

Slowly she turned her head from one side to the other, but all she saw were the countless reflections of herself in the polished metal. If it was supposed to make her think of how things might have gone, who she might become, or how she might not be the person she thought herself to be such an thing would be a waste of both their time. Those thoughts were an every day reflection. Though the dread the place burdened her with spoke of the intention of this chamber of horrors. Raven just hoped there wasn't some lengthy ritual she'd have to sit through before things got started.

"If I'd be affraid of monsters..." The man kept silent, just cutting his words off with a smile. Simply waiting for her to enter the room, while he remained standing a bit further away, into the opening of the doorway so his own reflection would not be seen on the chromium mirrors just yet. He watched as she grabbed for the hilt of her lightsaber, though seemingly only to comfort herself, a telltale sign of insecurity and doubt in his own opinion. "I would be affraid of my own shadow."

Muttering those last words underneath his breath, Credius closed the door to the room behind him, walking into the chromium-walled room until he stood right behind Raven, placing a hand on her shoulder in a gentle fashion. "In here you won't need a mask, you won't need to cover up the reality that is you. Remove the barrier that witholds you from observing your true self for only when you embrace yourself, you will embrace all that you are and all that is being offered to you," The man's grip upon her shoulder became a bit tighter, colder and infinitely heavier, as the room grew cold, dark and shadowy. With the force being pulled into a singular direction within the room, the reflections betrayed the reality of the situation.

ewJW8fe.gif
Gone were the white eyes, crimson red shining bright and sinisterly in the swirling shadows in the reflective walls, skin once fair turned to look more like broken marble, with thin blue bloodvessels appearing as cracks in the man's skin. However, perhaps the most indicative change to him, was not his skin, nor his eyes, but how as soon as a sinister grin appeared upon his face, the shadows seemed to clung to him like smoke, the power of the dark side smothering the room. "Revealing one's true nature in the force and revelling in said nature, is the first step to become powerful, see yourself and all which makes you who you are within these mirrors, look at yourself not through your own eyes, but through the force, to discern your true nature and all of that around you."
[member="Raven Ashe"]​

The armored figure stood as still as a statue as the man behind her spoke. Four black sockets in the helmet stared straight ahead into the reflective surface. There was no point in speaking now. Through the act of the Marquis shedding some form of suppression and revealing his 'true self' in this enclosed chamber events would unfold as they would. All the Pantoran had to do now was move forward.

She could feel the Darkness beginning to spread its proverbial wings in that very moment. Credius all but commanded her to let go; something the monster within desired as well. It wanted him. Needed him. The strength and power the Marquis spoke of earlier rolled from him as shadow just as it did the beast. The door was shut. There was no turning back.

Slowly, Raven's hands lifted to either side of the helmet to trigger its release. The helm did not split down the center to reveal her face; it hissed and released just under the jaw so it could be pulled free of her head altogether. The hood that covered the decorated top and back had been pushed aside for the helmet's removal. Slowly the blue of Pantora became visible as the bottom lifted ever higher. It was a slow act; not intended to tease Credius, but from the ever so slight reluctance that remained to see what she had become. What had once been would never be again.

Once the helmet was released, Raven shook her long, dark hair free. Her golden eyes revealed themselves as she tipped her chin up and her long lashes ascended.

And as Raven reveled in her own appearance as the Marquis commanded, a smile crept across her lips at the sight of a less...appropriate outfit on the battlefield. Something more akin to the type she had so desperately yearned for of late. Something outrageous. The young Sith had managed at least to keep that temptation in check, opting for the field armor the Marquis found her wearing now; but the sight of her in one of those hilariously nonsensical outfits brought a genuine levity to her features.

Well, that and at finding the Living Darkness revealing itself behind both her and the Marquis. Seemed it had grown in size since the last time it took physical form. She hoped the Marquis would be able to keep those large clawed hands from sinking into his flesh as they stretched out toward him. Be a waste if her tutor was devoured in the first minute of their first lesson. "Be careful, Marquis. You have the opportunity to meet that evil now, and it gladly revels in its nature."

OeyddVP.png

The smile on her lips wilted just a bit as a trickle of blood seemed to fall from the left corner of her reflection's lips. Raven parted her lips out of curiosity only to find her reflection sported a set of elongated canines. A creased brow followed the sight not sure what those were for. However, the black talons at the end of both arms lifted before her were a familiar sight. The clawed digits were longer than most Human-like species. Raven already knew how they were used in the act of draining the life from a living behind.

"What does one do once they see themselves for the first time, Marquis?" Raven slowly turned her head side to side, unconcerned with whether the monster grappled with the man, or if the man found some way to keep the beast's grasp at bay. If Credius could die that easily then he wouldn't have much to teach her, now would he?

His eyes were transfixed on the image of the one next to him, his grin growing ever so widely when at first just a part of the face was revealed, only to have her reveal herself as she was, as she wanted to be and as she saw herself end up in this galaxy steered and dominated by the will of the force. By what he saw, the degredation of the dark side's power had yet to gain a hold on her, as her facial features were seemingly untouched and unscathed despite the use of power she had displayed earlier by crumpling a few guards to mere balls of flesh and metal. However, it was at that point, when he was still drawing in the darkness of the room, that he could see it, those menacing eyes, that complete lack of life, of ambition. Something borne into this galaxy with but a seemingly singular purpose, that was how Credius could perceive that which lommed behind the woman and yet, even so, his eyes grew wide and his grin even wider. "Now I know what gives you purpose and strength," Lowering his head a bit, the marquis chuckled rather calmly. "Now I know what was responsible for the way those troopers acted."

Raising his free hand, the marquis pointed at the mirrors. "Now that you've seen the darkness, the power you hold or could hold, you need to snuff out the weakness within yourself. We all have trials, some harder and harsher than others...yours will be simple and straightforward...to sever all ties of the past, to relive the pain and suffering of the past, to transcend above it and to wield it, to OWN it," As the Marquis looked into the mirror, far within the shadows, he could see the figure of a woman, huddled in the corner, looking at him with blazing orange eyes, which he snuffed out with a simple wave of his hand. His head turned slightly as he tuned his senses through the force to keep an eye on the thing that seemed to be attached to the young woman next to him. "Some darkness can't be contained as easily as others, but in the end, as long as your will is strong enough, you may find yourself in control of the very force itself, only then can one be testament of true power."

The images within the mirrors grew blurry, hazy even as the shadows around them began to grow even thicker and denser, as all of the walls showed a single orb of rust red and creamcolored white within an endless darkness. "Peer deeper, find that which binds you, that which holds you back...the attachments to the past, the present, the future, confront your pain...embrace and accept it, to fully understand the dark side of the force. Show me your pain...show me your suffering and I shall guide you through it."

177ebux.jpg
The orb revealed itself to be a planet, lush with life and people, less familiar to Credius, but more so to Raven without any doubt. "Go to the mirrors, step into your own mind and find that weakness, that pain and suffering and confront it once more..."
[member="Raven Ashe"]​

Raven's smile also grew with each passing second. Her eyes were transfixed on the woman in the mirror. Mesmerized by it. The helmet clanged against the floor as it fell from numb fingers. Slowly those idly digits rose to caress the side of her own face. Look how confident she appeared. How certain. Even with the looming monster behind them those bright eyes knew what they wanted, and would do whatever it took to get it. That was someone Raven wanted to be.

Her hand slowly reached out toward the reflection as she imagined it reached out toward her. An imagined joining of their fingers. The pulse of their hearts slowly, rhythmically falling into sync.

Credius spoke of snuffing out weakness, and then the image before them blurred. The Pantoran woman hissed and her fingers balled into a fist and were drawn back as though Raven could pull her other self from the mirror and into herself. It only took a moment before she regained her senses. Before realizing all it had even been was an imagine and not something claimed in that moment. It was what could be. The glove creaked as her fingers tightened together. What she would be.

Bright eyes stabbed the sphere as the Marquis instructed. Attachments holding her back? Her angular brow drew low over the bridge of her nose. She knew just what Credius was talking about.

Why? He's trying to manipulate you into becoming his pawn. Just like everyone else. They want to use you. Rise above them all.

No, Raven wanted this. She needed this. The Living Darkness' attempt to keep her from it would not work. If this was Credius' attempt at propaganda and convincing her of his superiority, she would deal with him afterward. But in that moment, she attached the lightsaber back to her side and strode forward. Time to deal with her 'attachments' on Pantora.

She didn't bother warning the Marquis if he followed, or had a comfortable seat in the 'audience.' What he'd find the moment the scene changed, however, was a crumbling and ruined city engulfed in flame. Raven's figure strode boldly across a broken and bubbling street; her boots suffered not the pull of gravity into the pitched trap of the ruined road.

Inside a domed building she found them, alive. All of them. Pantorans all of shades of blue, they turned to regard their own as she strode through the doorway, fists balled at her sides. it was an open chamber with a high ceiling, and a large holotable at its center. A control center with terminals and chairs all around. Everything in perfect, working order despite the chaos that rained outside.

"Raven, what are you doing here?"

"You don't belong here anymore. Be gone, child."

With a swipe of her hand, every last one from adolescent to senior was thrown against the far wall and their rabble silenced. "You betrayed me. You cast me out because I didn't believe in your foolish tales of the greatness of our ancestors. How could I believe such nonsense? Some great and terrible evil our bloodline kept imprisoned in secret. Our power used to hold it at bay, robbing us of our gift. For what? For whose benefit? And you came to me demanding I do this. When I refused you cast me out. Spat upon me as a traitor to my own blood." Raven paused as laughter overcame her in that moment. The mirth died the moment the laughter ended. Once more her eyes glowed with the fires outside. "But you did it anyway, didn't you, Father. Didn't you, Mother. Made me part of your ritual. Bound me to our glorious past. And then... you all had the gall... to die."

"We must protec--"

Raven's right hand shot out toward the young woman whose voice broke the silence. A white flame tore through the wall and engulfed the young one instantly; her cries were short lived.

"I'm not your daughter any more. You cast me out, remember? I'm not going to protect anyone. This power -- this darkness -- is mine," Raven snarled as flames began to eat away at the back of the room and into the ceiling overhead. "With your deaths you set the monster free. You put the burden of its prison on me alone. What I choose to do with it is my choice alone. And you can all die knowing you failed, and that I never forgave you for what you did to me. And I never will."

The building began to collapse around them. A clamor of voices cried out her name and for her to save them. But she didn't lift a finger as she watched the world collapse and burn all around them. As the voices were silenced and the flames licked at her flesh, Raven tilted her head back and gazed up into the sky. "I don't hate you because you killed them all," she breathed, "I hate you because you looked down on me, as they did. And I will let the galaxy buuurn if that is what it takes."

"Good, goo-ood," He could feel it, the growing anger, the hatred, the disgust, the discomfort, the despair all welling up within the young Pantoran woman, noticing how it seemed to drown the voice and the force of the shadow that seemed to cling to her like a force-parasite. even if he had seen the reality through the force, witnessing just what kind of 'parasite' it truly was, leeching upon her emotions, her strength, her pain and suffering, now Credius knew enough. She was capable of silencing that monster, as long as her hatred, her anger and despair were fueled enough, she'd be able to use the force in much stronger and much more intricate ways. "Than all you need to do is to let it burn, isn't it?"

Within her own vision, like a shadowy figure, the marquis appeared behind her, calmly and gently placing his hands upon her shoulders, his skin, his very essence was cold and heavy. "Feel the liberation, the freedom you have within the force as long as you put your own will upon it, bending the force to your own needs and desires," Dead eyes appeared all around them, faces of young and old Pantorans, all long gone and rotting beneath the sands and dirt which made up what was left as wastelands upon the large moon. One hand removed itself from the woman's shoulder, stretching out in front of her, sparks of dense, black electricity glimmering in between the man's fingers. "For now you have shown the desire to break away from the past, to change your future, to mold it as you see fit." A massive burst of black lightning erupted from his hand, erasing all the images of the pantorans staring at them. "There is no truth in the force, no great revelation, no great secret...there is only you. Only you can grasp the power within yourself, to break the chains which bind you, to cast away the ghosts of the past which haunt you...but I can help you, I can show you the way to greatness, to your destiny."

The shadows in the room vanished, only the reflection of the Pantoran woman remained, with behind her, the Marquis, looking exactly how he looked when he had greeted her at the gates: white eyes, perfectly groomed facial hair and not a sliver of dark side power to be felt. However, on the left, his reflection was that of his true self, the marble skin with cracks and bloodred eyes, while on the other side, his reflection was that of the Sith Lord she had encountered at the shipyard. "Do you wish to learn more, to gain more strength, more power, more knowledge...all you have to do is kneel and accept me as your master, your teacher, your guide towards greatness."

[member="Raven Ashe"]​

Raven's eyes burned as she bared her teeth in a silent snarl at the ghosts that appeared. Let it burn. Let it all burn. Them. The obligations. The expectations. The so-called duty to society. What had any of them done for her? Cast her aside. Abandoned her. Burdened her with the responsibility of being some sort of prison Warden for a creature she didn't understand, and that would happily kill her given the chance. Only two people in the entire galaxy had done anything for her, and one of them was a monster not dissimilar from Raven herself.

Chains? She felt herself reaching out for the Force all around her. More. She wanted more. Could handle more. All of it. All of it was hers. The Living Darkness spoke of the boundless energy it would feast upon in the galaxy -- well now it could feed her. Fuel her. Furnish her with the strength, the ability, and the power to do whatever she wanted! What chains were there to hold her back, now?

When they returned to the chamber -- or when the illusion vanished -- Raven stared straight ahead into the reflective mirror. The sights to either side did not register. Did not interest her. The Pantoran that stared back at her was a cauldron, and the Force threatened to boil over inside of her. As the Marquis spoke, the image of a shadowy creature with elongated claws heaved to the left, while the sultry yet haughty woman from before stood to Raven's left in the mirrors.

Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill! Kill! Kill!

The fiend's massive claws shot from the mirror in front of the pair to drain the Marquis dry.

Raven slammed her left foot down on the floor. The polished metal around them warped as the concussive force rippled throughout the room. Fortunately the effect left everything straight, or perhaps it was a property of the chamber itself. Either way, the Pantoran had banished the beast for a time much as Darth Animus managed when they first met. It would not last long, but it was an eternity compared to her inability to do so before.

His guest took another step forward, leaving the man's grasp, before she turned to face him -- or the thing he made everyone see. "As before, so again," Raven intoned as she knelt, "I will do as you command," her chin remained lighted and her eyes on the Marquis before her, "but I am no one's slave." If it was 'freedom' he sought to grant her then it would not begin by affixing a collar to her neck. She was not disloyal, however. In fact, despite everything Darth Animus had done she had remained painfully loyal to him. There was no going back. There never was.

Someday, perhaps, she would be forced to reconcile two Masters. That was of no concern to her now, however. It would be dealt with in time. All that mattered was growing in her strength and mastering what she had become. What she would soon become. "Master." A smile that did not touch her eyes crossed dark lips. Off to one side where it had been cast, a blue-white flame in the lower right eye of her helmet was extinguished, having appeared in the wake of banishing the spirits.

Noticing how she snarled at the sight of the vanishing spirits, Credius could only smirk, knowing that he finally managed to get himself something he so desperately needed to complete the plans he had already set in motion: a student, an apprentice eager to learn, to gather knowledge and power and one whom's own situation made her more succeptible to the subtleties of the force. "You shall learn to...hmm?" His eyes slowly wandered off towards the hardly visible shadow still within the room, feeling the animosity and hatred brewing towards him. However, it seemed it was not the marquis' time nor place to educate the being which clung to the Pantoran like a Kasshyk leech, as before he could even do anything, she had stomped her foot on the ground, dominating the entity like how a man would dominate a rabid dog. "Do not fret the intentions of such a callous, infirm entity...as it relies solely on you, it can never be more powerful than you, as long as you have the will to dominate it, command it."

Pleased with this show of...loyalty or maybe it was simply self interest, though it did not matter in the end, as the woman knelt before the marquis. Even as she held her head high and showed that typical spark of defiance only an apprentice powerful in the force could display in such a moment of intimite loyalty and subservience. "I have no need for a slave unwilling to make their own decisions and wisdom, you are to be a student, an employee, an asset...an apprentice. Through me, you will find liberation and power and through you I will find knowledge and truth," Credius looked down at the Pantoran woman, gently touching her chin and raising her head a bit upwards. "Henceforth, you will go through life as my apprentice, you will carry out my will and be my enforcer. You will speak with my authority and my power is yours. You will discard the name which was thrust upon you at birth and will now be known as Darth Invicta. Now rise... Darth Invicta, cast aside your past, your chains and follow me, for the success of a trial does merrit a gift from your master."

Patting her on the shoulder, the marquis walked towards the door and opened it, leaving the mirror room with a smile on his face. He led her through various corridors and hallways, before reaching a large hangar with about six starfighter-sized ships, one obviously more antique and ancient than the others, which were a bunch of five identical ships. "The Arrow class Interceptor a fitting vessel for my apprentice," Credius chuckled as he pointed at one of the four ships which still didn't show any use. "Pick one, enjoy the benefits of being my student and apprentice to its fullest."

[member="Raven Ashe"]​

All was as it had been before, and would be again. Raven's gaze did not waver from his face even at his touch. Darth Animus had not been replaced, but where he had been interested in the Force Monster Darth Halcyon would help her dominate it. The very word brought life to the Pantoran's golden gaze. She would no longer be a mangy beast with power overflowing, wasted and unseen in the world. With a glimpse into the darkness she could become, Raven found something to aspire for -- something to become. This would do wonders in ensuring her commitment -- perhaps even loyalty -- to the man before her. So long as he did not spurn her; if there was one thing she would not abide it would be the act her family carried out in sentencing Raven to horrors beyond imagining and death. Whether it had been intended or not their actions had been a death sentence without Darth Animus having been there to pluck her from the crash.

There was one difference, however. Halcyon had decided to name her. Before, Raven would have been shocked at what in her mind amounted to a promotion. An elevation in status among their kind. Now, the hunger in her eyes only grew. Darth Invicta was it? Ironic given their first meeting, but that had been a stalemate of sorts; and was in the past, which her Master said to discard.

She rose as the man turned toward the door. After what had just happened she truly felt at ease. A weight -- a burden -- had been not quite lifted from her shoulders; but a reprieve that helped remind the Pantoran that her mental and spiritual adversary wasn't the only path left to her. There was another option and it wasn't merely a figment of a delusional hope.

As they strode forth, a familiar, foreboding presence returned in the shadow of her mind. She could feel its anger. It said nothing, which said everything. Perhaps she had sped up the timetable to their inevitable confrontation. That didn't matter, because as far as Raven was concerned she was no longer the helpless rabbit seeking a hole where its carcass wouldn't be on painful display to the world when the wolf came. It was a start, and one she intended to see to the end where she was the victor.

"I am honored, Master," Raven replied with a slight bow. The ship appeared to be designed for speed and perhaps even stealth. That could prove useful. "Before I am swept away exploring the gift, however, may I ask what the futures holds for us? And how I might be of service toward the plans you already have in motion."

The irony of the name he had bestowed upon his new apprentice had not escaped the Sith Lord, but nonetheless he believed in her potential. Even if he was certain that when it came to raw, untapped potential, he was far above her, there was something the newly named Darth Invaicta had which he himself lacked: a great source of power bubbling within her, a well of suffering and pain that could and would greatly enhance her growth as long as she would be guided by the right master, the right teacher and the Marquis believed himself to be that particular person. It was his own former master Darth Alepsis, who had told him of a premonition, a vision through the force which she had had, in which she saw that Darth Halcyon would find not one, but three to suit his needs: one to challenge his power, one to challenge his will, one to challenge his strength. With that in mind he believed that this young Pantoran was the latter, one who would grow powerful, yet who's strength would ultimately be her greatest asset.

Noticing that Darth Invicta seemed pleased with the gift in the form of a formidable vessel of her own, Credius chuckled when he heard her ask about the plans he had with her, simply grinning rather sinisterly. "You've been guided for too long by the impulses of that which you contain within you," making a swift motion with his hand, the marquis ofcourse alluded to what he had earlier described as but a parasite upon her own strength in the force. "Yet strength as I told you is not enough to fully become a powerful master. You need to extend your view, experience the reality within the galaxy. You will go to the Imperial Federation, there you will form an identity for yourself within their ranks...they are but a minor faction, but hold great potential. Seek out a world for yourself, one that can be used as a place for your training, but also as a place for me to expand my business. Power after all, comes in many forms and one the Jedi so often overlook...is the power of wealth and weapons."

[member="Raven Ashe"]

Experience the reality within the galaxy? She might have laughed if Raven hadn't recalled the lack of actual conversation between one another. All they'd spoken of was power and rage. However, "I will do as you command, Master." There was no reason to object to the assignment he'd given her. It seemed much like those Darth Animus had assigned. Hopefully Halcyon would call her back to his presence, however, for instruction. It would be unfortunate if she found a third Master among those she was being sent to influence.

"Master," the armored woman regarded the Marquis for a moment, "how should I show myself in your presence? I have fought alongside enemies of the Sith Empire. Am I a secret apprentice? Do I need to alter my appearance in the presence of others, or when I show myself here on your estate?" Or would he desire her to wear the armor wherever she went and not bother worrying whether people connected her to both Credius Nargath and Darth Halcyon? Now this was a matter she did not have experience in handling. His instruction on this matter would be most useful ensuring the man's own identities were not compromised.

As she stood there the Living Darkness sunk its claws into the Pantoran. Perhaps it could not devour the Marquis, but it would not be cowed like a pet. If it was release Raven sought, the monster would grant it to her.

The blue-white flame sprung to life in the lower right eye of Raven's mask. The Force was directed inward against the beast that would seek to suck her dry as it did others. Together, they became locked in combat in a strength of Will and Force. A sweat drop slid down the side of the Pantoran's face within her helmet from the effort, but her posture had not wilted as a result.

"Very good, my apprentice," The marquis grinned, rasing his hand to his chin while keeping his eye on the Pantoran woman, when she suddenly asked a question he'd almost hoped she'd ask. The answer to it was quite simple though, sure she had made herself known as an enemy to the Sith, but like his own, her presence was easily masked, they simply needed to divide the faces they upheld amongst the public. "Though you may have joined the assault on the outpost, you are still drawn to the dark side of the force and as such the Sith would not truly oppose the idea of having you serve one of their own as an apprentice. However indeed to keep your previous connections and partners out of the loop..."

For a moment, Credius thought about it, to be honest if she were to show her face while on more open events with him, it would probably look more natural to play her as his executive assistant, but than again the issue remained that she was most likely known to her former allies with the armor she wore. "I gather that your allies during the assault were jedi and jedi supporters, feeble and impudent beings following a narrowminded view upon the force. Your reluctance of removing your mask within the presence of another also makes me believe that very few may have ever seen your face," It was an honest deduction, but a fair one after all. He would have to keep her more in the loop of his own dealings, to keep her secure, within reach and most importantly to keep her satiated. It was after all the master's duty to enthrall and teach their apprentice, one who'd forget such duties would not be worth being called a master to begin with. "We'll just need to change a bit about your armor's appearance, make it more...Sith. The answer to your question is simple though, whenever you operate as a member of House Nargath, you will be clothed as an executive or a noble, whenever you operate under my name only, you will wear the guise of a sith."

The man calmly and gently placed his hand upon her shoulder, smiling gently, so much unlike a sith. "Don't underestimate the cutthroat world of politics and business. You might actually like it if you were to get a taste of it and just like the force, the deeper you get entangled within its web, the better you get at playing the game. Thus again, your first mission will be to learn the game, by setting up contacts with the Imperial Federation. Soon I will also promote you publically to some people within the Corporate Protectorate...and ofcourse, we shall be continuing your training whenever we are together."

[member="Raven Ashe"]

Credius' comment of making her armor appear more 'Sith' struck a cord in the Pantoran, whether he'd intended it or not. The Force surged around Raven and in the blink of an eye she managed to quell the monstrous Darkness within that thought to devour its uncooperative host. There were dark impulse and desires that clawed at her mind just as ravenously as the Force beast did. Such things had taken just as much will power not to surrender to them completely. Her lips twisted into a smile at the man encouraging... indulgence. A tenuous grip of self-control, however, kept her from being rash. She could not become a regal goddess by behaving like the beast.

The flame in her mask's eye went out as the spiritual combat had been resolved for the time being.

Talk of politics and business did not excite as Credius' earlier feeding of the overwhelming corruption within. However, the man had a moment of surprisingly gentleness as though to reassure his apprentice it was not as terrible as it might sound. In fact, he said she might come to enjoy it just as much. Raven was naturally dubious of the claim, but if it was his will then it would be done.

Her hands lifted to trigger the helmet's release. With a soft hiss it unsealed about her head and the blue woman lifted it from her shoulders. The twin suns of her eyes lifted to regard the man that had claimed Raven in her dark tutelage. "Few have seen my face, Master," as he had deduced. "I will need your guidance in noble and corporate affairs, however I once offered my services as an explorer of ancient ruins. I have dealt with certain... clients and financial matters. I will not disappoint you in these dealings."

Unless he forced her to wear an impractical dress that made it impossible to breathe. Raven had limits. The seduction of unbridled darkness had limits -- and being dressed up like a doll was certainly among them. Princess? Yes, a dark and cruel one. Frills and bright colors were for those heedless of the power at their fingertips. The urge to imagine a new outfit plagued her thoughts now as it had back in Animus' tower. Many times had she thought of outrageous attire, and now it had returned. She would need to reign it in before committing to a design.

"Shall I continue participating with the actions of the Outer Rim Coalition, Master? Perhaps you could use me as a source of information for your own ambitions." The Sith Empire did not concern her. Whether it rose or fell did not matter to Raven. So long as they accepted her in Darth Halycon's presence -- and they would, whether she had to kill someone to earn the right or not.

"Hmm," It said a lot when a person was willing to look at their own flaws and strengths in such a pragmatic way. Though it slightly disappointed him to hear her own doubt on what she might be capable of, belittling her own intelligence and ability to blend in. He wondered just how little this Pantoran seemed to know about her own appearance. What caught him a bit off guard was the immediate reaction to his proposition to make her armor a bit more...Sith. The very moment that her own darkness seemed to surge, even if it was for but a short moment, the feeling of that parasite writhing in anger within her made Credius smile, especially when it became apparent that as long as her own desires were fed, she'd be able to dominate said ghostly being attached to her. "The Outer Rim Coalition is no threat to my actions, so you are perfectly fine continuing with their actions...you WILL still need to acquaint yourself with the imperial federation and the Corporate Protectorate. To learn how to steer this galaxy to our own desires is an important lesson."

Letting out a sigh, the marquis combed through his silvery hair for a moment with his right hand, letting his lips curl into a smile. "Than again...as long as the Outer Rim Coalition poses to be a thorn in the side of the Sith Empire, it will be very handy to have someone who could transmit any of the stolen data to me. Or to make certain assault fail whenever it would impede my own plans." It would probably sound strange to have an actual member of the Sith Empire act against them, but on the other hand, Sith, REAL sith did not care for those trifle things. Credius himself believed the Sith Empire to be powerful, but at the same time weak, it was based on the old rule of one, but perverted it by using a dark council, all puppets to the emperor's will, a man who had perverted himself to gain power within the dark side. "The Sith Empire, the Outer Rim Coalition, let them have their squabbles, it matters not to my own design...On the other hand though, I have found something intriguing that may offer bountiful experience within your training. When I have finished my own investigation on that place, I will summon you to aid me in uncovering perhaps sith artifacts, perhaps something even better. For now...yes, you may continue your dealings with the Outer Rim Coalition, all you need to do is feed me all the intel you would gather on both them and all of their enemies."

[member="Raven Ashe"]

"As you command." Raven's radiant eyes did not flinch away at her Master's suggest she be a spy among their ranks, nor that she might end up betraying them at some point. It had always been a possibility. One she had never been faced with, truly, as her all consuming fear of losing control or being devoured had paralyzed her. What Animus had sought in allowing her to be among the Outer Rim Coalition too had been a secondary priority. In a sense, perhaps she had always gone there to die.

To see herself reflected as a creature of beauty and strength, however. To hear a Sith Lord speak of power and control, and how they were Raven's to command. The beast would only hold sway so long as she trembled before it; and now she knew it was possible to win. Death was not the most likely outcome regardless of the actions she'd taken -- there was hope in the darkness.

"Master, I do not know your own talents, but if you have need to explore a site in the future, do not hesitate to call upon me," Raven added. Credius mentioned investigating a place and the inclusion of Sith Artifacts; she could only assume it would involve a ruin of some kind. Perhaps he was stealing it from a more modern facility, but ancient ones she held some experience with. Granted, most turned out to be a waste of time, but not every lost temple carried treasure.

"All in due time, my dear apprentice," The marquis smiled gently and made way towards the exit of the secluded hangar, pointing at the ship his apprentice had earned herself. "Well...do you want to leave immediately or would you prefer to have a meal, a bath and a place to sleep for the night?"

He found it amusing, to be the master for once, after so many years he had found someone interesting enough to be his apprentice, yet he did not feel it to be a bad thing to at the very least treat this new apprentice with some decency and some courtesy. Pain and suffering, strict teachings, he had had all of that, but there was nothing which said that an apprentice could not simply be taught a lesson without it including violence and bloodshed. After all, one of the most important parts of a master and apprentice relationship was the impartment of knowledge

"Should you choose to accept this little offer on my behalf, you can find the baths in the west wing of this building and I'll make sure the servants prepare a room with a view of the night's sky for you."

[member="Raven Ashe"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom